Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2024 11:46:03 AM EDT

Arrested with Glock Switch and Extended Mag

If any ARF member was arrested with that illegal Glock fun switch, I'm sure they would get 10 years in prison. I wonder how much time this young man will get.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
“No safety on that thing, you wanna lose your dick?”

Lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Where two ID10T's collide.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd give a perp one chance to obey my lawful order and then they'd ride the lightning.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
They showed on an Oregon News Channel the number of glock switches that the ATF has confiscated in Oregon with a majority being in Portland and it was the size of a large paint bucket with evidence tags.

I can see that there are years as early as 2018 and much earlier. So my conclusion is that I don't think they are charging anyone. They are just taking it.

But thats just for Portland
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
How in the hell do they come up with those switches? See them all the time on knuckleheads blasting away in videos. There must be 10's of thousands of them in circulation by now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:38:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
How in the hell do they come up with those switches? See them all the time on knuckleheads blasting away in videos. There must be 10's of thousands of them in circulation by now.
View Quote
donaldtrumptheycomefromchina.gif

That and they are 3D printable. There's probably 1 million illegal machine guns here now. Maybe more.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:

That and they are 3D printable. There's probably 1 million illegal machine guns here now. Maybe more.
View Quote

The ones I keep seeing in videos are metal and have the tab that pushes from side to side.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet this guy is charged federally and serves the full 20yrs for the illegal machinegun he is in possession of just like they would do to you and me………lol…..

Yea right. They will drop his charge like they always do and he’ll be back out in 14 months.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]

The ones I keep seeing in videos are metal and have the tab that pushes from side to side.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

those are the ones i see in the news here too, they are NOT making the metal ones in their garages...no way. and they seem to be the most common ones you see them with. How do they get away with that? i thought ordering stuff like that was 100% get caught by the usps or something
i just dont get it  

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Antithesis
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
I bet this guy is charged federally and serves the full 20yrs for the illegal machinegun he is in possession of just like they would do to you and me………lol…..

Yea right. They will drop his charge like they always do and he’ll be back out in 14 months.
View Quote

He most likely won't even serve time and will get a diversion program.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By intercooler:

those are the ones i see in the news here too, they are NOT making the metal ones in their garages...no way. and they seem to be the most common ones you see them with. How do they get away with that? i thought ordering stuff like that was 100% get caught by the usps or something
i just dont get it  

View Quote
Importing contraband isn't as hard as you think.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

He most likely won't even serve time and will get a diversion program.
View Quote

Where he will meet others just like him. Who will have a hookup for another p80 glock and switches and mags.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Importing contraband isn't as hard as you think.
View Quote

It's a fuel filter, bro!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

Where he will meet others just like him. Who will have a hookup for another p80 glock and switches and mags.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By d16man:
Glock switches have made post 1986 MG's "in common use."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Minors can’t be charged with NFA violations.

Rules for others but not for you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]

i just dont get it  

View Quote

You think USPS is competent?

You must have no idea how much comes through each day into our country. USPS is a bumbling mess and catches very few things anyways. Most are nabbed by customs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Glock switches have made MG's "in common use."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#22]
To be fair we have had members get got for illegal MGs

They generally dont land 10 years in club fed with a plea deal

But a felony charge prob means a lot more to your average arfcommer compared to a street thug
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Funny the difference in treatment between someone caught with a DIAS vs a faithful democrat caught with a switch.

I’ve seen a few recent videos of “stealth switches” which appear to be flush instead of the bumped out ones with a button. Hard to tell it was even modified aside from the pry marks left by someone who didn’t know how to remove a backplate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

He'll be charged with a Felon in possession charge at the state level...low hanging fruit, believe it or not the atf really doesn't prosecute any NFA violations....shit when they figure out who bought the switches they just show up and say hand it over and we'll consider the matter closed.

I know we're all FATF here, but do you Really want them prosecuting everything?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Good for him exercising the right to keep and bear arms. Not guilty for owning a switch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By UV18:

You must have no idea how much comes through each day into our country. USPS is a bumbling mess and catches very few things anyways. Most are nabbed by customs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:

i just dont get it  

LOL, the amount of drugs that are shipped around by USPS is insane.  I'm not talking about someone mailing a weed vape pen from a legal state, I'm talking about people buying bags of cocaine/fent/whatever powder from the darknet, it getting shipped internationally and coming in.

A couple of glock switches labeled as something else is going right through USPS 99.9% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#27]

i just dont get it  

View Quote

I guess that the universe just works fast and furiously to allow them to proliferate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By chase45:
To be fair we have had members get got for illegal MGs

They generally dont land 10 years in club fed with a plea deal

But a felony charge prob means a lot more to your average arfcommer compared to a street thug
View Quote

The ATF cuts breaks on virtually all of these, it's simply not worth the resources to prosecute somone being hit at the state level anyway......

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Good for him exercising the right to keep and bear arms. Not guilty for owning a switch.
View Quote

You win stupid post of the day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
“No safety on that thing, you wanna lose your dick?”

Lol
View Quote

"This Man Has No D*ck" | Ghostbusters | Voyage | With Captions

The first thing that popped into my mind about this thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By p3590:
LOL, the amount of drugs that are shipped around by USPS is insane.  I'm not talking about someone mailing a weed vape pen from a legal state, I'm talking about people buying bags of cocaine/fent/whatever powder from the darknet, it getting shipped internationally and coming in.

A couple of glock switches labeled as something else is going right through USPS 99.9% of the time.
View Quote

Yep until customs/ATF get wind of who is importing them, then they call em up and say give us your whole customer list or we'll put you in prison for 100 million years, they cooperate in exchange for a light sentence, then the ATF rings up johnny ARFCommer and says hey remember that MG you bought 2 years ago...hand it over and we'll call it good.

Do you want them to also prosecute it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#33]
The new Christmas story meme
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Creole_Cat:

View Quote

I identify as a minor.  And I'm sure l can find people who say l act like one.  Does that count for anything?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Hell I’m afraid to even google the switch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaniB] [#36]
Originally Posted By Jmo371:

Yep until customs/ATF get wind of who is importing them, then they call em up and say give us your whole customer list or we'll put you in prison for 100 million years.....
View Quote

I'm guessing more than likely the parts are being mislabeled and shipped from foreign places. Probably being mailed directly to whomever buys one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]

He'll be charged with a Felon in possession charge at the state level...low hanging fruit, believe it or not the atf really doesn't prosecute any NFA violations....shit when they figure out who bought the switches they just show up and say hand it over and we'll consider the matter closed.

View All Quotes

If he’s a felon they can’t prosecute him for the switch. NFA registration is 5th amendment violation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Absolutely this.  Been arguing this for awhile now.  

The whole glock switch thing puts a HUUUUUUUGE damper on ANY reason the nfa exists.

To boot, the proliferation of FA here in America, post Hughes.  They are common.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
I don't want them applying social justice standards to who they prosecute.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Yep until customs/ATF get wind of who is importing them, then they call em up and say give us your whole customer list or we'll put you in prison for 100 million years, they cooperate in exchange for a light sentence, then the ATF rings up johnny ARFCommer and says hey remember that MG you bought 2 years ago...hand it over and we'll call it good.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By p3590:

This is more or less why the rules only apply to "us".  If you're the smart dude in the ghetto that can work bitcoin/tor/vpn, you can be the "dealer" for your local hood rats, and not real risk much.  You're either already a felon, or don't care if you catch a felony for it.  Its unconstitutional anyway, so I honestly don't want them to prosecute anyone.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:48:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaniB] [#41]
I've never paid much attention to the thug videos on YouTube. If anybody cares to see a video of a full auto Glock that isn't a 15 second video of a thug firing wildly, Hickok has one available to watch there of a few mags under control.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By xerxes2695:

If he’s a felon they can’t prosecute him for the switch. NFA registration is 5th amendment violation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States
View Quote

Last switch felon they charged here got charged with dealing NFA without an FFL. That one seemed to stick.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Antithesis
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Switches are banned, so only criminals have switches.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#45]
nice. i’m sure he will also be charged for illegal MG…NOT.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Those are all over Wish.com and other Chinese sites.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#47]
Convicted felons can only be charged with possession of a gun by a prohibited person.  They can’t be charged for possessing an unregistered machine gun, because that violates the right against self-incrimination.  So if you’re going to carry a gun, it might as well be a machine gun.

Or at least that’s what the law degree I got in my Crackerjack box said.

ETA:  Beat
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#48]
i thought ordering stuff like that was 100% get caught by the usps or something
i just dont get it  

View Quote

Two options
- USPS and customs are incompetent
- it's a conspiracy to flood the streets with MGs
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#49]

i just dont get it  

View Quote

Smuggled from Mexico?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Creole_Cat:

View Quote

So teens?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top