Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2023 9:07:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_]
Getting tired of seeing the dogpiling of negative comments when vendors make an announcement. Most recent was an announcement by Cheaperthandirt supporting industry related shows. Once I couldn't even get an answer to a question in the New products section because the tone of the thread had already been soured by negative comments not about the product but about the vendor. Seems like something should be done before they all start pulling support from the site.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheaperthandirt specifically has earned a lot of ire over the years due to their pricing during panic buys. That doesn't excuse breaking COC rules, but may explain it. Their price on aluminum GI mags went from, IIRC, $9 to $99 overnight during one of the Obama Era panics, for example. Their business, their rules, but you don't make a lot of happy customers that way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 9:49:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Make_Mine_Moxie:
Cheaperthandirt specifically has earned a lot of ire over the years due to their pricing during panic buys. That doesn't excuse breaking COC rules, but may explain it. Their price on aluminum GI mags went from, IIRC, $9 to $99 overnight during one of the Obama Era panics, for example. Their business, their rules, but you don't make a lot of happy customers that way.
View Quote

I actually bought some stuff from CTD way back in the day before they went all tarded.

I actually understand raising the price when there is an actual shortage of something that is hard to restock or more expensive but the ''You save -75%'' and related stuff was over the top. They got greedy and many of the customers revolted as was their choice.

Now go have a Bud Light and relax.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 8:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If I had a business and had stock but the replacement price to refill my shelves was unknown, what should I do. If I sold product at the original price and the replacement cost was more than the selling price am I supposed to go to the bank to restock my store? What is the banker going to say when I tell him I sold everything cheaper than I could replace it? Just don't see the hate if one business try's to protect itself because of uncertainty while another might decide to take a chance on replacement pricing.

You don't have to like someone to be civil towards them. No reason to troll a simple announcement.

Maybe I'll have a Platinum or two. Brewed for the night 6%.
Now go have a Bud Light and relax.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a time and a place for vendor feedback, however I agree New Products shouldn't be the place to  post negative comments toward the vendor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top