Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2024 8:06:03 PM EDT
Or whatever these are...
I'm thinking about buying a building on auction. It's been added onto several times, and has circuit boxes and subpanels everywhere. This building will be used for business. 400 amp, 3 phase.

Question is, do these need to be updated? I probably don't have to worry too much about the city right now and codes, but eventually maybe. I will have to get the building inspected for insurance purposes for sure.
How much of a PITA is all this? 14k square ft, 5k square ft would have to be all rewired anyways for my equipment.

Trying to come up with a max bid, based on what the building needs and weighing it against building new. I've never seen these boxes before so don't know if they're outdated or fine or an $100k nightmare to replace or ???
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull out fuse/disconnect. Should be fine. Need pictures of the panel’s rating label to be sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top