Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Original Bike Spirits Cleaner and Polish best stuff I've ever used.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
WD40
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
https://seafoamworks.com/product/bugs-b-gone-car-cleaner/
I use this in a garden sprayer on our MotorHome and vehicles. Spray it on and let it sit for a while. Rinse off and I'm done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jetpig:
Wet microfiber on a ceramic finish.
View Quote

Yep. I get all my cars ceramic coated. The cars look great between washes and bugs, etc. don't stick as bad and are easy to wash off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rbass] [#6]
I've asked a lot of aircraft retailers what they use over the years, and nearly all give the same answer. One flight and we get thousands of bugs to clean off, impacted at possibly hundreds of miles an hour.

Their answer is water. Spray them down, keep the sprayed down to get them rehydrated, then wipe the off with a microfiber rag. This is all I do on my bikes and cars, and it works very well. Just let them soak for a while before you start wiping. I either use a hose, or for the bikes a spray bottle of water.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Rbass:
I've asked a lot of aircraft retailers what they use over the years, and nearly all give the same answer. One flight and we get thousands of bugs to clean off, impacted at possibly hundreds of miles an hour.

Their answer is water. Spray them down, keep the sprayed down to get them rehydrated, then wipe the off with a microfiber rag. This is all I do on my bikes and cars, and it works very well. Just let them soak for a while before you start wiping. I either use a hose, or for the bikes a spray bottle of water.
View Quote

Water isn’t nearly as effective as a chemical designed to remove bugs.  Proper pH helps to soften release bug guts which are acidic and can bond to and etch the surface of the paint.

Even if you use one of the totally wrong methods suggested here(there are plenty of em), the most important thing is to get them off the paint ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Acrysol
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Strats:
I use this on the bike windshield. Works great. Also works on the paint and chrome.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strats:
Originally Posted By Kitulu:

I bought a bottle of Bugslide from a H-D dealership. It works really well.
I use this on the bike windshield. Works great. Also works on the paint and chrome.

Bro-Tip: Keep the small 5oz bottle that they sell you in the "kit" for $15. Buy the gallon jug on Amazon for $15. Refill the small bottle as needed and keep it in the saddlebag.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rbass:

View Quote

I work at a flight school. We have a specific windshield cleaner that works amazingly well on plexiglass, so much so that I will use it on my bike on occasion. The other thing that I do is take the engine cowling over to the parts washer. Soak some rags in the solution, spread the rags over the cowling for a few minutes, then use an old red scrubbing pad that stays in the parts washer to gently wipe the bugs off. Remove the washing solution with ID Red.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Several good suggestions here that I will try.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:
I use P&S Bug-Off.

It's cheap and very effective.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_6117_png-3212087.JPG
View Quote

I'm dicking with this right now. P&S is good, but none here.

Attachment Attached File

This works ok. Not a pro if you can't tell

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Alacrity:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/IMG_7822_jpeg-3217519.JPG

View Quote

Not familiar.

I am generally wary of “all use” cleaners.

Prob works ok.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Not familiar.

I am generally wary of "all use" cleaners.

Prob works ok.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacrity:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/IMG_7822_jpeg-3217519.JPG

Not familiar.

I am generally wary of "all use" cleaners.

Prob works ok.

Very long trip, bugpocalypse, shorter turn around than I expected and I couldn't find anything my guy has told me to use (P&S, Malco, -  Adams, Chem Guys at least) local car parts stores. "Don't fuck up your paint"

Id never used this but dude did me a solid since I didn't want it bugged up. It's gonna sit a while down here and bird shit and bug's aren't paints friend as I found out first hand

Very surprised how well it did - wasn't the chore I'd feared. So maybe an option if peeps can't find a thing else

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
best technique I found was taking a couple of old towels and putting them on the bugs, then soaking them with as much water as they would hold.  leave it on overnight and in the morning take the towels off and a garden hose just washes the residue completely off with very little rubbing or scrubbing.  that was back when I rode a sportbike.  those damn bugs were a lot faster back then than they are now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Rental companies use gas. No exaggeration. It’s all about turn around and the customer accepting the car.

The car rental place was across from the body shop I worked at back in the day.

Worked with a pro retailer that worked the auctions.
You wouldn’t believe what they do to some of those cars that go to auction just to get them “sale able”……..power washing the interior of a Cavalier is something I never thought I’d see.

There was probably 1/4” of tobacco on everything.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
www.amazon.com/dp/B000FJLXL6
View Quote

Skeptical, but bought a half gallon refill from Napa. Think i mixed 2:1 or 1:1. Spray on, wait two minutes, spray off with pressure washer.

And that was by far the easiest way that I've done. Good stuff, worked better than orange cleaner or super clean.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top