Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2023 10:07:00 PM EDT
I can see a use for one. A lot of topics in GD can get washed out in GD with fan boyism in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:15:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#2]
Fuck yeah.  Tools/Garage/Home Improvemenr/DIY.  I’m there all day.

ETA:  Looks like we have DIY and Woodworking forums, but I think more interest and traffic would be generated if we saw one forum with a combined Tools, Garage, HI, DIY, etc. theme so you click to that forum and you see threads that range from “which tool is best?” to “Help! my lawn is overgrown with weeds!”
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:

ETA:  Looks like we have DIY and Woodworking forums, but I think more interest and traffic would be generated if we saw one forum with a combined Tools, Garage, HI, DIY, etc. theme so you click to that forum and you see threads that range from “which tool is best?” to “Help! my lawn is overgrown with weeds!”
View Quote

Kind of why I suggested it. I feel like the tools questions get lost in those sub forums, or people don't know which one they should ask in, so they go to GD. I should have worded my OP better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Subnet:
I'm not necessarily opposed to it (I just created a trucking forum ), but I do kind of wonder if it'll get enough traffic to make it worthwhile?
View Quote

I really think it would. Like I said in my post above, I feel that tool questions get shoved into GD because people don't know what sub forum they should put them in. Then GD just becomes fan boy central.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm down for a tool sub forum. Half of the specialty/top-tier tools I have purchased are due to ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Advance:
I'm down for a tool sub forum. Half of the specialty/top-tier tools I have purchased are due to ARFCOM.
View Quote

I didn't think about the forum costing me more money. We should probable scrap the idea all together

Just joking. We really need one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 7:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subnet] [#9]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
What do you think about the idea of combining it (and others) into a single kinda-sorta-related forum (as suggested above)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:
Fuck yeah.  Tools/Garage/Home Improvemenr/DIY.  I'm there all day.

ETA:  Looks like we have DIY and Woodworking forums, but I think more interest and traffic would be generated if we saw one forum with a combined Tools, Garage, HI, DIY, etc. theme so you click to that forum and you see threads that range from "which tool is best?" to "Help! my lawn is overgrown with weeds!"

Kind of why I suggested it. I feel like the tools questions get lost in those sub forums, or people don't know which one they should ask in, so they go to GD. I should have worded my OP better.
What do you think about the idea of combining it (and others) into a single kinda-sorta-related forum (as suggested above)?

I'm fine with that idea! We could call it the shop or garage.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

Is there ever such a thing as too much tool talk?

I think not.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36030/IMG_0186-2791405.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZW17:
Always, dude.

I do kind of like the idea of combining them, because the sort of guys (like me) who are keen to post in a forum like that, probably have shared interests - i.e., they love garages, they love tools, they love DIY projects, and so forth. There's a ton of overlap on a Venn diagram, know what I mean?

If there ever comes a time where the "DIY, etc, etc, etc, and so forth" forum is overrun with tool talk (could happen?!!), then I can kinda see breaking it out into it's own thing. Thoughts?

Is there ever such a thing as too much tool talk?

I think not.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36030/IMG_0186-2791405.jpg

I got a Binford tools sticker somewhere I need to put up
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]
@Subnet and news on this? I've actually got a great idea for a thread, and would volunteer to be a mod as well. Just send me the W-2 paperwork so I can get that sweet mod money GD is always talking about
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I’d vote for a tool forum, especially tools on sale and or unusual tools to solve a problem.  Pandora’s Box would be a Harbor Freight Forum, it would be the GD of tools.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:

I’d vote for a tool forum, especially tools on sale and or unusual tools to solve a problem.  Pandora’s Box would be a Harbor Freight Forum, it would be the GD of tools.
View All Quotes

LOL. The endless bitching about the coupons
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#16]
We have plenty of tools on ArfCOM so I would be good for a tool forum.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I vote for it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I vote for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2023 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Garageforum.com or some shit like that has tons of tool nerd pages. I don't go there, this is about all the internet I need in my life.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Hey now..... I love my HF tools!
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By somedudefromhouston:
Garageforum.com or some shit like that has tons of tool nerd pages. I don't go there, this is about all the internet I need in my life.
View Quote

I'm already on there. There's only a couple threads I've found interesting.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I support this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
So China gets their own NV forum and still no tool section?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Old thread so I just now saw it thanks to the above semi-necro-bump, lol.

But FWIW I vote for a tool forum too, i'm an old wrench monkey myself, got more tools by far than clothes, and i've usually got multiple projects going on that might be of interest and I love other folks threads where they post cool projects as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top