Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2023 11:50:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WrenchGuy]
Hey all...

I am looking for info from the collective about some video tech, please follow me.

Recently we have moved to a place where I have access to space to shoot to 1K if I choose to, so what I would like to do is get some good video of the range time.

One thing I would really like to capture is the bullet trace of the round going down range, and while I know that is affected by lighting conditions, etc, I would like to know what type of camera has the ability to get this, providing all other conditions are favorable.

Any constructive info would be great, details are a good thing...other than my iPhone, my camera experience is mostly from the 1980's and 35mm photography, so I have a lot to catch up with.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much any mirrorless camera (sony,canon/Nikon) will be able to do what you want. Most important is going to be the lens, and where it’s going to get expensive. Depending on how much you want to spend and distance you want to be able to capture.
I personally don’t take videos but I do a lot of photography, I run a Nikon z7ii body and a Nikon 180-600z (f/5.6-6.3) which is way more than capable of getting vapor trails and bullet drop on video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top