User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 44
Posted: 5/10/2023 11:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k]
Click To View Spoiler
---------------------------------
https://fortune.com/europe/2024/03/01/bud-light-boycott-ab-inbev-1-4-billion-sales-transgender-influencer-dylan-mulvaney/

Bud Light beer boycott may now have a price tag, as AB InBev notches a $1.4B drop in U.S. sales following transgender influencer row
BYPrarthana Prakash

Now, there’s a price tag on the controversial Bud Light ad spot involving transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. In North America, AB InBev found organic revenue—a proxy for operating performance—slid by $1.4 billion owing to less Bud Light beer sold.

To be sure, this geography includes Canada in addition to the U.S. However, the group’s revenue growth remained flat for the year in the former, while Bud Light’s boycott took a toll in the U.S.

AB InBev CEO Michel Doukeris said the group’s “growth potential was constrained by the performance of our U.S. business” during an earnings call Thursday.

Attachment Attached File

NOW it's a good START.

Insult your customers, go woke, have everyone find out about your DEI, and constantly screw up over and over ... instead of realizing you did wrong, fessing up, giving back the protection money, and just trying to treat your customers right ...

Get punished.

-----------------------------------------------
3-14

Hat tip anothermisanthrope in the thread:

Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Altria, which sells Marlboro cigarettes in the US, owns about 10% of the beermaker. It will sell AB InBev stock in a global secondary offering of shares in the US, Europe, the UK and other countries outside the US, Altria said Wednesday.

The tobacco group will offer the AB InBev US shares in a range of $60.75 to $62.75 each, according to people familiar with the plans who cannot be identified discussing confidential information.

AB InBev fell as much as 5.1% in extended New York trading and was suspended in Brussels when markets opened. Altria stock was little changed at the close on Wednesday.
View Quote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/altria-plans-sell-35-million-202956169.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shares-brewer-ab-inbev-suspended-083116531.html
View Quote

3-28

Bud Light may lose 18% of grocery store shelf space after Dylan Mulvaney boycott
By Social Links for Ariel Zilber
Published March 28, 2024, 1:04 p.m. ET

“Anheuser-Busch’s beers will lose a range of about 10% to 15% of their space nationally as resets start,” Jesse Ferber, chief strategy officer for Columbia Distributing, which works with retailers such as Walmart and Target in the Pacific Northwest, told Bloomberg News.

Ferber said that while the final numbers won’t be known until May or June, he estimates that stores in certain regions of the country could downgrade Bud Light’s shelf space by as much as 18% while in other areas it could be as low as 5%.

Molson Coors Brewing Co, whose stable of brands includes Coors Light, Miller Lite and Coors Banquet, expects to see an increase of shelf space of more than 10%.

Brian Feiro, president of US sales at Molson Coors, told Bloomberg that more than 50 retailers increased shelf space for Coors Light and Miller Lite by 6% to 7% last summer and fall.

------------------
Commentary from the thread (not my post or my content)

There it is.

The numbers on the new sets still won't be completely correct because of logistical constraints of the old sets limited the sales for companies like Yuengling who were perpetually blown out once people started reaching for an alternative beer.

IF Yuengling can get greater shelf real-estate based off of the increased sales from last year's abandonment of Bud Light, I'd expect to see an even larger contraction of Buds space in another year because Yuengling and others will have more space in the coolers THIS year after the resets.

Empty spots on a vendor controlled shelf with thousands of SKUs can be tricky for stores to monitor.  There are probably hundreds of beers that could take even more of Buds space that only get 2 to 4 six packs of volume on the shelf, one guy comes in and empties it immediately and no sales are made until the vendor comes back in a day or two. This looks like slow sales on paper but it isn't telling the story that there is actually great demand but no more cold beer for people to buy.

IMO Bud is only losing half or less as much as they deserve but they have been such a behemoth for so many years it is going to take time for the system to whittle away at their frontage.
View Quote

4-12

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2024/04/bud-light-teams-up-with-nfl/
Bud Light teams up with NFL
08 April 2024
By James Evison

In a bid to grow new sales in the brand, AB InBev’s Bud Light has teamed up with the National Football League (NFL) to promote the lager.

The new deal will see a campaign called Easy to Sunday promoted, which includes new TV and digital advertising, and will run during the traditional NFL season in autumn and winter 2024/2025.

In addition, the brand will release special edition cans for 23 NFL teams, complete with the team colours, logos and an illustration of the players.
According to Anheuser-Busch’s CEO Michael Doukeris, who was also signposted by USA Today, he has informed investors that around 80% of more than 170,000 consumers that were surveyed gave a “favourable or neutral” rating of Bud Light.
The news follows on-trade beer sales rising 16% during the Super Bowl, but the vent was further bad news for AB InBev’s Bud Light brand which had easily topped the on-premise sales table for the 2023 game.

AB InBev spent heavily on the day to restore Bud Light among fans’ affections, even harking back to iconic heritage advertising featuring Clydesdale heavy horses.

But the campaign fell flat with Bud Light’s sales on the day plummeting a massive 50% below those on Super Bowl day in 2023.

Note the copium in there.^^^

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4682975-bud-overvalued-and-facing-multiple-headwinds
Anheuser-Busch InBev: Overvalued And Facing Multiple Headwinds
Apr. 09, 2024 5:39 PM ETAnheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD) Stock, BUDFF StockPRNDY, HEINY, PDRDF14 Comments
Ahoy Alpha profile picture
Ahoy Alpha
131 Followers
Summary

Anheuser-Busch InBev is rated as a "Sell" due to negative long-term trends in beer consumption and its high valuation.
   Beer consumption is declining due to health awareness, government regulation, and a shift towards spirits and wines.
   Investors may find better returns in spirits-focused companies like Pernod Ricard or tobacco companies like British American Tobacco.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Good. Hold the line.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what Yuengling's numbers are looking like.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
If this keeps going ...

GD group buy of the clydesdales?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
They still don’t get it. One can, or a 1000 cases, you put yourselves in league with everything that is going badly in this country.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Yet they STILL dont have the balls to fire the moron girl that did this.  Which says a lot.

If i caused a 7 billion loss at my work; everyone including the janitor would line up to kick my balls -- and then four guys would grab me, lift me off the ground, open the front door with my head and heave me into traffic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
They're doing everything except admit they were wrong and offended a ton of their customers so fuck em.

And anyone who thinks boycotting them is a waste of time, fuck you too
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mongo001:
Good. Hold the line.

View Quote

God damn right! Amazingly, it's one of the rare times where it actually looks to be "Happening"!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Lack of firing Harvard MBA girl and a non-apology from the ex-CIA CEO keeps hurting them, which is a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Anheuser-Busch chief executive, Michel Doukeris has attempted to distance the company from the Mulvaney partnership and told investors during an earnings call last week, “We need to clarify the facts that this was one can, one influencer, one post and not a campaign.
View Quote
Fucking Brazilian dumbass still doesn't get it.

I hope it all burns to the ground.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#12]
In before the shills come in here and try to demoralize us.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, investors must be in shock.  Based on the last 3 weeks stock prices, clearly it would have taken a WIZARD to have seen this coming
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m DONE with AB. “Fair” or not we need to make this stand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#15]
If AB is surprised that it's not just BL, this is yet another example of how little they think of their customers and how dumb they think they are.

"You mean these rubes have figured out that we make other beers besides Bud and now they aren't buying those too?"

With every single thing AB does or doesn't do in response to this situation they made, they just keep digging the hole deeper.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lone_Eagle] [#18]
AB is between a rock and a hard place.  On one hand, we are boycotting them for the ad campaign.  On the other hand, you have the alphabet soup nuts boycotting for AB "apologizing".  Need to redo that "button choice" meme for this one......lol
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Time for the AB InBev CEO to opine again!

........yeah, that'll do it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#20]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Wow, investors must be in shock.  Based on the last 3 weeks stock prices, clearly it would have taken a WIZARD to have seen this coming
View Quote

Look at the 6 month or 1 year chart, you can see when the Blackrock money came pouring in for the tranny can. The big announcement was beginning of April.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hhsmiley:
If AB is surprised that it's not just BL, this is yet another example of how little they think of their customers and how dumb they think they are.

"You mean these rubes have figured out that we make other beers besides Bud and now they aren't buying those too?"

With every single thing AB does or doesn't do in response to this situation they made, they just keep digging the hole deeper.
View Quote
Yup. They think we're all just a bunch of redneck dumbasses because we never went to their Ivy League schools.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#22]
At this point it doesn’t matter what they say or do, will never buy any of their brands again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Need to see how many congressmen & senators are hold AB stock, they won't allow it to slide very far.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mayday:

Yet they STILL dont have the balls to fire the moron girl that did this.  Which says a lot.

If i caused a 7 billion loss at my work; everyone including the janitor would line up to kick my balls -- and then four guys would grab me, lift me off the ground, open the front door with my head and heave me into traffic.
View Quote

Everything woke is presented softly and has the best intentions.

I only wish that the whole campaign “against” Bud Light was completely unspoken, as if it were an “organic” reaction….because the media will point out how mean you are for not supporting “woke” beer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#25]
That dumb marketing bitch who did this is gonna be unemployable now. Like the guy who recorded himself giving the chik-fil-a worker shit at the drive thru window is now having to draw food stamps from the last article I read about him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mancow:
I wonder what Yuengling's numbers are looking like.
View Quote

I think most of the people I know that drink Busch Light ,Natty and Ultra are likely drinking Yuengling products now that it is available in more places.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
That dumb marketing bitch who did this is gonna be unemployable now. Like the guy who recorded himself giving the chik-fil-a worker shit at the drive thru window is now having to draw food stamps from the last article I read about him.
View Quote
Nah she'll get recruited by an activist organization pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

Look at the 6 month or 1 year chart, you can see when the Blackrock money came pouring in for the tranny can. The big announcement was beginning of April.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122080/A2221DFB-5432-4BE1-85E5-3FD33465AD9F_jpe-2812054.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122080/A2221DFB-5432-4BE1-85E5-3FD33465AD9F_jpe-2812054.JPG

And there it is.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BlueCoyote:
At this point it doesn't matter what they say or do, will never buy any of their brands again.
View Quote
This guy gets it. Fuck their carbonated horse piss.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
View Quote

You could not be more wrong.

She will be praised for being so progressive and brave in the face of bigotry and given a cushy position with some other woke company.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#31]
None of this is possible because GD has taught me that nothing matters.  Nothing will change.  Just look at the biden news conference thread.  Every other post is the same.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ll keep with my Dos Equis Fuck InBev
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#33]
As I mentioned in a previous thread, my coworker has been moonlighting there on the weekends and holidays for over 20 years.

They normally run 5 or 6 of the 7 bottling/canning lines, the 7th being a keg line. Last weekend they were running one line.

He said that executives are literally in hiding because employees and investors alike are hounding them to make it right.

Schadenfreude.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AngryNagant:
In before the shills come in here and try to demoralize us.
View Quote

Ain't that a fact.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I’m beginning to wonder if nepotism might be in play (almost convinced). Is she somehow related to, or a family member of hers an acquaintance possibly, with someone within the company?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
If this keeps going ...

GD group buy of the clydesdales?  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

In true Budweiser fashion. .. this one's got a penis
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

They still don't fucking get it.

No, what they NEED to do is to clarify the fact that they made a mistake.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Anheuser-Busch chief executive, Michel Doukeris has attempted to distance the company from the Mulvaney partnership and told investors during an earnings call last week, "We need to clarify the facts that this was one can, one influencer, one post and not a campaign".

They still don't fucking get it.

No, what they NEED to do is to clarify the fact that they made a mistake.  
That's what they're telling their investors, i.e. minimizing the problem. I'm sure at this point they are aware they fucked up, but the are afraid they can't disown the trannies or they'll start a two front war.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#38]
If only they had stuck to selling beer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#39]
BUD wanted to be inclusive and bring every one together over a beer.

They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.  OG beer drinkers and LGBTQs are both boycotting AB-InBev products.  That beer they are celebrating over?  It is a Coors, or a Miller, maybe a Yeungling or a locally brewed craft beer.

Anything but an AB-InBev product.😎
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:
AB is between a rock and a hard place.  On one hand, we are boycotting them for the ad campaign.  On the other hand, you have the alphabet soup nuts boycotting for AB "apologizing".  Need to redo that "button choice" meme for this one......lol
View Quote

Its kind of funny they are getting fucked from both sides yet still capitulate to the Left.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
I'll keep with my Dos Equis Fuck InBev
View Quote

Amber Especial ftw
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#42]
I imagine short sellers will try their hand here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#43]
In before the Trump family tells us it’s wrong to boycott them. A-B deserves to be put out of business for the countless microbreweries they’ve run out of business or bought up. Not to mention their BS games in the retail space choking out smaller breweries.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlamTX] [#44]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
I'll keep with my Dos Equis Fuck InBev
View Quote
I got bad news for you bro. Heineken is owned by Busch and they own Dos Equis.

Stick to liquor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

I think most of the people I know that drink Busch Light ,Natty and Ultra are likely drinking Yuengling products now that it is available in more places.
View Quote

Yes! I had never seen Yuengling products offered for sale around here.

Last week I saw a banner announcing they had it for sale!

A banner! This beer literally went from me being the only one who had ever heard of it in this area to so many people asking for it in a month it became a regularly stocked item!

Bought a 12 pack of Flight.  Replacing AB's Michelob Ultra with it for the ultra light beer days.

I have tried Yuengling lager before and really liked it but it just wasn't readily available here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:29:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#46]
Here is a list of companies Inbev owns.
https://www.tapintoyourbeer.com/guide-our-beers

Apparently they have Busch as well. That I wont miss

They also import Modelo, I will miss that one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:29:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chupacabras] [#47]
Bud Light said they disapproved of their customer base and wanted to replace them.  Then the CEO essentially blamed the boycotters for not appreciating Bud Light’s inclusivity.

Interesting how spitting on your base = inclusivity.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Years ago, a part I designed was specifically named as a primary contributor to the total loss of a nearly $200M prototype during a flight test. It iced up during the ascent, f’ed everything up, and ultimately the FAA made us activate the flight termination system once we were over a remote area.  It literally crashed & burned.

And they still let me work there
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#49]
AB is no longer a USA-company, it is European, and the Europeans have staff the people in St. Louis with like-minded people.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
I imagine short sellers will try their hand here.
View Quote

I resemble that remark.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 44
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top