User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StanGram:

The guy spent $3k+ on stock today.

Every thread doesn't have to be a race to be the edgiest asshole posting...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheRedBaron:

Slow down big spender. You could lose tens of dollars with that much on the line.

This is GD.

If the OP wanted a serious discussion on market equities, he would have picked the Business and Investing forum.

I think your sarcasm meter is broken, if this got a burr under your saddle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Your post's sole purpose was to diminish OP, despite having no idea what figures are significant to him.

Try to be less miserable.
View All Quotes

Slow down big spender. You could lose tens of dollars with that much on the line.

A $3K+ investment split into two stocks is so small as to be almost statically insignificant.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/b5/df/e0b5df8a8f692fa36dfac3048c428f9c.jpg

Your post's sole purpose was to diminish OP, despite having no idea what figures are significant to him.

Feel free to not click on investing threads if your feelings are so tender.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
I would buy TSLA if it goes back down to $100
View Quote

You better STFU - you still owe me my structured settlement.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

This is GD.

If the OP wanted a serious discussion on market equities, he would have picked the Business and Investing forum.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

This is GD.

I suspect you do not know what sarcasm is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CMiller:
I'll be the contrarian--I think it's obvious both companies have lost their magic.  Apple without Steve Jobs just isn't the same, and Tesla will suffer both from growing competition and the predicted slow down in the EV market.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Apple has languished for awhile
View Quote

I bought a lot of it.

Now I just need all the queers, communists and sissies to buy more iphones and macbooks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

A $3K+ investment split into two stocks is so small as to be almost statically insignificant.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/b5/df/e0b5df8a8f692fa36dfac3048c428f9c.jpg

Thanks for white knighting for me. I'll be alright.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

Well, it broke through it's 52 week low today.
View Quote

Cancelled my original market order the other night and placed a limit order for 20 shares at $150. It executed this morning.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I added to my XLY (heavy TSLA) and TSLA positions this morning.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:51:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be the contrarian--I think it's obvious both companies have lost their magic.  Apple without Steve Jobs just isn't the same, and Tesla will suffer both from growing competition and the predicted slow down in the EV market.
View Quote

With Apple, my perpetual concern is always how they can keep topping what might be the most profitable single product of all time.  I've been wrong in that concern ever since Steve Jobs died but that doesn't mean the concern goes away.  If phones ever become a non-premium product where nobody cares about having the latest and greatest model, what can they do next to drive growth?

Tesla has some headwinds with the EV market slowing down but I wonder if that doesn't help them on the competition front.  Tesla isn't going to quit EVs in terms of their focus but if Ford and GM start de-emphasize EVs, they are going to be even further behind if at some point in the future battery technology catches up to where it needs to be to make EVs work broadly in the first place.  Maybe Tesla actually picks up EV market share with everyone else taking a second look at hybrids as the intermediate future.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

If he ever took spacex public I would throw every penny I had at it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pallas:
AAPL is okay, I would have waited till it's lower. I bought AAPL in 2012 and am still sitting on it, an almost 800% gain. I've taking some gains here and there, but I don't think AAPL is going to increase or decrease any drastic amount.

I wouldn't have bought Tesla. But, you shouldn't listen to me because in 2018/19 where everyone was talking about it, I told everyone they were stupid for buying it or considering buying it. It was $15.68 in 2019 (accounting for splits.) I also said Putin wouldn't invade UKR. I know his reasons, but Musk would become the richest MF'er ever and probably stay in that position if he took Space-X public.

Yeah, that's one where I'd pay an insane multiple and I almost always stay away from insane multiples.  It's a long shot, but if there ever was a guy who had the potential to be the world's first trillionaire, it's Elon Musk, and it'd be because of SpaceX and not Tesla.  It's pretty unknown right now if Starship is going to be a bust or unlock a massive space economy in ways we never even contemplated both commercial and military.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

With Apple, my perpetual concern is always how they can keep topping what might be the most profitable single product of all time.  I've been wrong in that concern ever since Steve Jobs died but that doesn't mean the concern goes away.  If phones ever become a non-premium product where nobody cares about having the latest and greatest model, what can they do next to drive growth?
View Quote
When Steve left, he left a large group of people that were hand picked.
some of these people are/were executives.
Some of these are project managers, some are engineers is specific areas.

Each one on the list was selected not only for their knowledge but their experience and have been involved with each and every product since 1998.
All but a small handful of those on the list are still there.

things people think are 5 years in the future were done 10 years ago and the market wasn't ready or the technology needs to mature.

With all the above said, Apple has a very large portfolio of IP and has research ongoing in areas you would not expect. Hell, the whole reason Al Gore was on the board was because Apple was/is heavily involved in fusion energy research.

None of the above should be considered financial advice but general information on things not often discussed
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Tesla has some headwinds with the EV market slowing down but I wonder if that doesn't help them on the competition front.  Tesla isn't going to quit EVs in terms of their focus but if Ford and GM start de-emphasize EVs, they are going to be even further behind if at some point in the future battery technology catches up to where it needs to be to make EVs work broadly in the first place.  Maybe Tesla actually picks up EV market share with everyone else taking a second look at hybrids as the intermediate future.
View All Quotes

The biggest threat to Tesla might be when Toyota ramps up--they claim to be a couple years away from finally putting solid state batteries on the road. The future of battery-powered vehicles is probably plug-in hybrids and series hybrids like the Ramcharger, and Tesla is not in either of those markets.  For any of the big established manufacturers, it will be relatively easy for them to enter and expand in these segments.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm losing tens of dollars like that one guy said I would.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By macphisto:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Shoulda bought the dip.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got Red Lobster money now!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got Red Lobster money now!
View Quote

Too bad Red Lobster doesn't have any money.  Red Lobster in financial trouble, may file for bankruptcy
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#24]
TSLA to the moon!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The sarcasm is strong in this thread...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
TSLA to the moon!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Feels good, man.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
I keep wanting to buy some shares of Rocket Lab, mainly because I like the company. But I don't even bother to set up a brokerage account.
View Quote

I bought some at IPO...
Don't buy things at IPO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I don't think they'll take spacex public. It's a company entirely to fulfil his dream of a mars colony which may not ever be profitable in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#30]
TSLA up 15% today

OP made money today
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top