Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2023 5:28:14 PM EDT
A few years back some fellow members wrote a series of books called slow burn they were about a zombie apocalypse and another member wrote a series called fade to grey I recently found them on the shelf again and re read them and was wondering if they were still active on here and if they continued writing I thought the books were great!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Search for a book called Lights out.

Great read. Written by a member here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Will do
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a trilogy about a slowly accelerating economic and social  collapse by a member.
Against the Grain.
It was unusual enough that I enjoyed it. I've actually read it twice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I wrote some dirty, infantile sci-fi pron comedy for kindle as a joke. Earns me about 40 bucks a year. The Pulitzer committee has not come knocking, but I'd be happy to send the link if anyone like poo jokes and smut 😂
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Just for my own enjoyment I wrote a Sci-Fi book some years ago.
I was bored one winter and just for fun wrote it in less then 2 weeks.  I spent longer editing, but I had no pro or semi-pro editor to help clean it up better.

Unfortunately, my sentence structure and especially punctuation knowledge is sorely lacking so if you read it, my apologies.
Due to illness as a kid I missed a lot in school, and by the time I came back they'd moved on.
Since I'd put in so much effort, I submitted it to Baen, who as expected passed.
So I put it up on Amazon for .99 cents

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NK4R7E
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter] [#6]
Five military history books including:

1) Sharpshooters (1750-1900): The Men, Their Guns, Their Story.  Over 800 pages with 24 page plus bibliography (double column)
2) Sharpshooters: Marksmen Through the Ages (hey, the publisher selected the title)
3) Union Sharpshooters v. Confederate Sharpshooters
4) World War II Snipers: The Men, Their Guns, Their Story (sequel to book #1).  342 pages including 12 page bibliography (triple column).
5) World War II Sniper's Pocket Manual (culminated from the research gathered for #4 and includes the never in english 1933 Soviet Sniper Instruction Manual). This is print-on-demand from B&N.  I had shared the research with Casemate hoping they would pick it up.  The editor liked it but the publishing panel was squemish about a how to queue book.  Geez, this was all WW II stuff and very dated.  So, to keep the "scoop" or for bragging rights I went with PoD.

Kinda dragging on #6 (another CW title)

@RikWriter - Arfcom's most prolific writer (sci fi)
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
This guy is a member here. He also ran an Arfcom Minecraft server for years. Can't remember his username right now.

Cory Gaffner books on Amazon
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Taliban Safari

I recommend it
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget about our very own, RikWriter.   His books are those by Rick Partlow, great reads on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.

@RikWriter
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 5:34:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WiseguyThreeOne] [#10]
Okay, you wrote at least two that I need. Damn. This thread is going to cost me money.

Now my first novel is out, and the reviews are going well.

A heartwarming tale of vets turned defense contractors who then Kelly's Heroes a drug cartel.

Edit- Rick, I didn't realize that was you. We met at LibertyCon in 'Nooga last year.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:30:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#11]
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WiseguyThreeOne:
Edit- Rick, I didn't realize that was you. We met at LibertyCon in 'Nooga last year.
View Quote

Wow, small world!  Um...who are you in real life?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsg7162] [#13]
Originally Posted By G-lock:
Don't forget about our very own, RikWriter.   His books are those by Rick Partlow, great reads on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.

@RikWriter
View Quote

Love his stuff.  I'm on book 5 of the earth at war series on audible.  Waiting on the next drop trooper book.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Oh besides the guys mentioned-damn there's a guy who wrote some action books about two snipers and also wrote a bunch of military sci fi

Michael Z Williamson
View Quote

Ask Mad Mike about the Colt Diamondback he just picked up that was formerly owned by Hunter S. Thompson.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Wow, small world!  Um...who are you in real life?  
View Quote

Big blond guy with glasses. I got this published since.

Everyone buy this. I need a PVS-14 tube.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#16]
@HenryKnoxFineBooks
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
@HenryKnoxFineBooks
View Quote

I had one hit #7 in political fiction on Amazon - best effort so far, but I'm kind of busy now. Although this thread has me thinking of how this current experience becomes a book ....
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Matt Bracken (EFAD series) is a member.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:

I had one hit #7 in political fiction on Amazon - best effort so far, but I'm kind of busy now. Although this thread has me thinking of how this current experience becomes a book ....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  @HenryKnoxFineBooks

Maybe a satire.  Or political horror.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Maybe a satire.  Or political horror.
View Quote

The problem is that publishers want to know what it is that you wrote so they can classify it. This is just a ripping story about the twilight of the United States and how it might have been saved. There are elements of horror, farce, satire, comedy and tragedy in it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I think Paper Tiger, Paper Dragon was written by a member here. I can't remember who wrote it though. I think it is the first of a series, and features a hand full of mercenary pilots and a plan to attack a high value target with a lot of plausible deniability.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:
I think Paper Tiger, Paper Dragon was written by a member here. I can't remember who wrote it though. I think it is the first of a series, and features a hand full of mercenary pilots and a plan to attack a high value target with a lot of plausible deniability.
View Quote

Author is Charles Sage; dunno his ARFmember name. He's also written a series of military paranormal short stories and some military/aviation/mercenary books. I've got about half of them, generally good reads.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Taliban Safari

I recommend it
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]

The problem is that publishers want to know what it is that you wrote so they can classify it. This is just a ripping story about the twilight of the United States and how it might have been saved. There are elements of horror, farce, satire, comedy and tragedy in it.
View Quote

And so Amazon can categorize it. Mine was a little bit of a genre-crosser, so I am in Military Thrillers, Political Thrillers, and Espionage Fiction, I think.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PigBat:

Author is Charles Sage; dunno his ARFmember name. He's also written a series of military paranormal short stories and some military/aviation/mercenary books. I've got about half of them, generally good reads.
View Quote
Yep, and he just put out another one, Potter's Stand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:

Hey Guys, that's me, thanks!

In the last year I've finished two more, Potters' Run and just this week got it's sequel Potter's Stand done and on amazon.  These two new books are different storylines and characters from Paper Tiger/Night of the Tracker, but based around the same conflict.  I'm just getting started on Potter's War which will be drawing the characters and storylines together.  Hope everyone's enjoying them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By czechsix:
View All Quotes

And thanks to your work on this Czechsix, I can confidently say Potter's Stand is the best and most edited book I've got.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Taliban Safari

I recommend it
View Quote

Agreed and I enjoyed it
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#29]

@RikWriter
View Quote

Have read multiple books by Partlow and enjoyed all of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: czechsix] [#30]
Originally Posted By feudist:
There's a trilogy about a slowly accelerating economic and social  collapse by a member.
Against the Grain.
View All Quotes
Against the Grain.
@feudist

Who's the author?

And thanks to your work on this Czechsix, I can confidently say Potter's Stand is the best and most edited book I've got.

You are very welcome, Blp, was a pleasure to work on, and I'm glad I could help out a bit.

If any other indie authors would like some help with copyediting and proofreading, feel free to give me a shout.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#31]
@feudist

Who's the author?

You are very welcome, Blp, was a pleasure to work on, and I'm glad I could help out a bit.

If any other indie authors would like some help with copyediting and proofreading, feel free to give me a shout.
View All Quotes
Against the Grain.
@feudist

Who's the author?

Ian Daniels.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Dogsoldiers by James Tarr

Soldiers Son by DC Boroune.

Both Arcommers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Gentle Propositions by member RTUtah (J S Economos).

https://i.postimg.cc/PJKg8sHy/RTUtah.png
View Quote
@RTUtah

Hey, got a question about some content in that book!
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#35]
@RTUtah

Hey, got a question about some content in that book!
View Quote

Yessir! Shoot. @czchsix
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Yessir! Shoot. @czchsix
View Quote
PM on the way
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#37]
What’s it like working with Amazon? Any interesting observations or pet peeves?
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

What's it like working with Amazon? Any interesting observations or pet peeves?
View Quote

My experience has been easy and straightforward.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Every time I look at this thread it costs me money.

That said, my first-ever author interview is up. The guy who runs the podcast is looking for more authors to interview, so if you wrote something and are looking to promote it, try him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL0DQC2LCmc
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WiseguyThreeOne:  Every time I look at this thread it costs me money.

That said, my first-ever author interview is up. The guy who runs the podcast is looking for more authors to interview, so if you wrote something and are looking to promote it, try him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL0DQC2LCmc
View Quote

Interview with US author Dan Kemp
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Taliban Safari

I recommend it
View Quote

This.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#42]
@HenryKnoxFineBooks

Pardon me if this is a stupid question:  how do I find your books?  There are many authors that are associated with Henry Knox.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:
@HenryKnoxFineBooks

Pardon me if this is a stupid question:  how do I find your books?  There are many authors that are associated with Henry Knox.
View Quote

First One
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]

First One
View Quote
Purchased and reading through it now.

Do you have any other titles?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 7:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HenryKnoxFineBooks] [#46]
Purchased and reading through it now.

Do you have any other titles?
View Quote

Next in the Texas Independence series. Thanks for your interest and purchase.

Feel free to start a thread if you have question about why the story went in one direction rather than another or other items of interest you wish to explore about the books.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Didn't someone here write a book with the title

A Soldiers Son or something similar?

I recall reading an early version here.

Just got a Kindle and would love to download the entire book.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 11:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#48]
Originally Posted By REAPER2502:
Didn't someone here write a book with the title

A Soldiers Son or something similar?

I recall reading an early version here.

Just got a Kindle and would love to download the entire book.
View Quote

It’s available on Kindle.

Search Soldiers Son by DC Boroune. He’s still an active member. Injured Reserves by the same author is also good.

@REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#49]

@RikWriter
View Quote

Holy shit, are you kidding me?   We had a whole box of of Rick Partlows books, dude is why I want to write.  

What an amazingly small world.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#50]
JL Bourne has posted a few times years ago IIRC.  I like his book series, about zombie, AI TEOTWAWKI type stories.

Amazon page
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top