Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2024 8:14:04 PM EDT
Looking to read a book on the topic - is Eno's Practical Shooting still the best while pushing 30+ years old?  Or is there a more relevant pistol shooting/comp book on the market?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#1]
You need to learn from as many people and ways as possible. Legitimate people and methods I might add. There are a million ways to skin a cat and knowing as many of those million ways as possible is the key.

So all of that to say, is read it. Sometimes even while some methods are dated, they may have a use.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Start with a good book on ocular science.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
View Quote
Eye see what you did there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Enos was a GM in USPSA back in the day...he might still have something to say on the subject.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Red dot mastery book is very good.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Enos book is very good. There are good videos also.  I suggest going to a JJ Recaza class.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:
View Quote

Nope. All you need is to learn Suppressive Fire.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Something I always appreciate about Enos is his focus on the mental aspect of completing. That ability to shutout the distractions and focus on the task at hand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FilthyCasual:
Looking to read a book on the topic - is Eno's Practical Shooting still the best while pushing 30+ years old?  Or is there a more relevant pistol shooting/comp book on the market?
View Quote

yes, it's the Dick and Jane primer for all other shooting materials
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By scatterbrains:
Red dot mastery book is very good.

View Quote

Looks good - I am left handed and right eye dominant, and I already see a topic or two on the subject within this book.

I'll pick up Enos' book too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone once mentioned that reading that book was like taking a peek inside Enos's mind while he was on Peyote.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.  I believe a lot of his principals in the book applies to other sports.  I've heard Ben Stoeger's book is also good.  And more modern.

Practical Shooting Training Paperback – January 15, 2021
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:04:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#13]
Ben Stoegers books are really good

Practical Pistol + Practical Shooting Training did A LOT to further my comp shooting ability and just general shooting skills
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm reading/working through stoegers books right now.  I'm getting useful info out of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top