Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of you are so ignorant it's unbelievable.

People that have full time jobs, are honest, hard working and contributing to society cannot make ends meet. Some of you decide to mock them.

You'll bitch and moan about the state of our society, urban decay, crime, broken families etc, but completely ignore the factors that contribute to it. Completely and total ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hostile1:

People that have full time jobs, are honest, hard working and contributing to society cannot make ends meet. Some of you decide to mock them.

You'll bitch and moan about the state of our society, urban decay, crime, broken families etc, but completely ignore the factors that contribute to it. Completely and total ignorance.
View Quote

You’re talking to a group of people who think the American Dream is to live in an old vehicle and take a whore bath with bottled water for 20 years until you can qualify for an apartment or buy a shitty old shack to live in. That’s good living in their eyes.

They got theirs. They robbed the chicken coop and ate the chickens, and now we’re rummaging around for squirrel eggs.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By VeryAverage:

You’re talking to a group of people who think the American Dream is to live in an old vehicle and take a whore bath with bottled water for 20 years until you can qualify for an apartment or buy a shitty old shack to live in. That’s good living in their eyes.

They got theirs. They robbed the chicken coop and ate the chickens, and now we’re rummaging around for squirrel eggs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:55:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rtlm] [#4]

View All Quotes

Who is they and who is we're ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Terriblis:
Putting Chinese crap in boxes is supposed to be a "family sustaining job"?
View Quote

It seems a lot of people, particularly on the left, seem to think that any and every job should be a "career" level job, which should provide income sufficient enough to afford a moderate house in a nice neighborhood, a BMW in your driveway and a Cadillac healthcare plan. Even a 16 year old flipping burgers at Mickey D's deserves that.

Not every job is labor of that level of value, and lots of people simply cannot understand that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rtlm:

View All Quotes

Smart people

Millennials
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:

I think pushing for policies that create a more educated workforce and more high paying jobs is admirable. Trying to force jobs to pay more than they’re worth will only end in a vicious downward spiral.
View Quote

Bullshit.

We've been doing that since the 80's and all its done is shrink the middle class and push more people into poverty as the "average worker" now needs a $50k college degree to wind up selling insurance, and their high school diploma is a rubber stamp that hasn't taught them how to actually behave like adults.

Add in all the other Fed Gov bullshit that has inflated the snot out of everything, plus their importing millions of dirt cheap laborers...  the fallacy of an "educated" society is that you still need manual laborers as the vast majority of your workers to get shit done.

The push for higher education has done nothing but shrink our birth rates and enslave millions of suburban kids with a lifetime of student loan debt that delayed them from actually growing up and becoming productive earlier.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Long as they get my packages to me on time, fuck em.
Let em cry.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:

Smart people

Millennials
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:

Smart people

Millennials

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]
The article states they are making $20.50 an hour. I don’t know what kind of room there is for advancement but if that’s their entry level jobs it isn’t half bad. Right behind ups inside work in pay rate but probably less overall compensation. Not bad, not great.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Bullshit.

We've been doing that since the 80's and all its done is shrink the middle class and push more people into poverty as the "average worker" now needs a $50k college degree to wind up selling insurance, and their high school diploma is a rubber stamp that hasn't taught them how to actually behave like adults.

Add in all the other Fed Gov bullshit that has inflated the snot out of everything, plus their importing millions of dirt cheap laborers...  the fallacy of an "educated" society is that you still need manual laborers as the vast majority of your workers to get shit done.

The push for higher education has done nothing but shrink our birth rates and enslave millions of suburban kids with a lifetime of student loan debt that delayed them from actually growing up and becoming productive earlier.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:

I think pushing for policies that create a more educated workforce and more high paying jobs is admirable. Trying to force jobs to pay more than they’re worth will only end in a vicious downward spiral.

Bullshit.

A well educated workforce is not one where people get bullshit, useless degrees. Public K-12 is awful in many/most parts of the country, and it has to change if we actually want to reverse the decline we’re currently on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
Amazon is a meat grinder.
View Quote

Yes, it is. We have a lot of Amazon refugees at my job.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
MA

MOAR NACHO CHEESE HOT POCKETS

AND I NEED MOAR MOUNTAIN DEW AND FLUSHABLE WIPES
View All Quotes
MA

MOAR NACHO CHEESE HOT POCKETS

AND I NEED MOAR MOUNTAIN DEW AND FLUSHABLE WIPES

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By akrado:
Stfu things are tough all over

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46253/superyacht-koru-web_jpg-3216793.JPG

View Quote

And if his people work hard, come in every day and do the job they are paid he can buy another one
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akguy1985:

Well the article clearly shows people stuffing rubber dog shit in to envelopes, can’t be that hard

Never worked for Amazon but I understand how logistics work is done well. There is quite a bit of back breaking labor that gets things from one place to another. Some of the most demanding shit jobs one can do. They deserve as much as any other unskilled worker. Do they deserve masters degree money? No, but they shouldn’t be met with “fuck em” for wanting more either. I suppose if you’re used to accepting whatever’s been offered to you and never asked for more one might have that attitude.
Honest days work for an honest days pay.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll bet they all have $500/month car payments, carry $1,200 phones with a $60/month unlimited plan, stop at Starchucks every day, hit the nightclubs a couple times a week, eat out more than in. I can see why they can't afford rent and live with mom and dad.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:21:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#17]
Amazon. The one that runs commercials that tell everyone that they help advance people with educational opportunities and promote those from within......

Don't like the $15? Fine, get into some logistics and supply chain classes they would pay for and move up the chain.
Everyone has an excuse. There was a time in this country not too long ago where you proved your worth and showed you were committed to do it.

Now? We just expect it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HotHolster:
I'll bet they all have $500/month car payments, carry $1,200 phones with a $60/month unlimited plan, stop at Starchucks every day, hit the nightclubs a couple times a week, eat out more than in. I can see why they can't afford rent and live with mom and dad.
View Quote

Are you serious? I can't tell sarcastic boomer-posting apart from real comments from oldsters anymore.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:33:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:

Are you serious? I can't tell sarcastic boomer-posting apart from real comments from oldsters anymore.
View Quote
life's a trip, que no?

@Scalped
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Doing my part, just ordered some Amazon shit
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:46:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#21]

It's not about whether it is or it isn't, it's about what happens to your country and your society when you balloon the number of people who cannot sustain traditional human baseline needs (food, shelter, having a family and reproducing) due to economic factors that favor an increasingly small subset of society.

I want our country to produce more babies (no, grandpa, importing turd-worlders is not an answer) and have a standard of living that allows for functional families (present fathers who don't have to work 60+ hrs a week, mothers who can afford to stay home instead of cucking their families by working for a man besides their husband, etc)

This is really highlighting a split between the old right and the new right. The new right realizes that the free market is great and all, but if it becomes detrimental to the baseline needs of society (preservation of culture, family, good morals- consider the things you typically fight invading armies in order to protect) then it needs to have its leash shortened.

The old right sees unfettered capitalism as a hard line in the sand, and if families cannot survive the free market, then perhaps the idea of family itself as an institution must be sacrificed and thrown into the hot fire at the feet of the bronze bull of the market.

I personally think that's fucking insane and we ought to try and ensure that all Americans can enjoy a certain baseline standard of living that allows for the millenia-proven bedrock institutions of society to function. The mechanisms of that in many cases may be more free market economics and less govt intervention, but the idea must still be, in every instance, to put the cart behind the horse, and never the other way around just because we read a lot of Ayn Rand.
View Quote

People will complain about illegals in one thread, then go into a housing price thread and think it’s fine for the younger gens to be priced out of housing. Little do they realize that unless birth rates rise significantly aka younger folks are in positions to start a family, we’ll have to keep importing to make sure the SS checks don’t stop.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Doing my part, just ordered some Amazon shit
View Quote

you're gonna want one of these big shooter

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

People will complain about illegals in one thread, then go into a housing price thread and think it's fine for the younger gens to be priced out of housing. Little do they realize that unless birth rates rise significantly aka younger folks are in positions to start a family, we'll have to keep importing to make sure the SS checks don't stop.
View Quote
i'll be proud to fight shoulder to shoulder in the trenches in WWIII with the mexicans.

service guarantees citizenship.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Not reading in 3 pages to say replace "Amazon" with "walmart" and welcome to 10 years ago
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#25]
i'll be proud to fight shoulder to shoulder in the trenches in WWIII with the mexicans.

service guarantees citizenship.
View Quote

Only if it’s lujan
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:02:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rheinmetall792] [#26]
View Quote

$500 a month car payment?

No sugar, they ain't gon' settle for no base model! They want the Eddie Bauer Denali PDiddy edition with seat massagers. $1100/month.  And $450 twice at month at Costco. Steaks on the grill, not burgers. And a 55" flat screen isn't enough. How are you NOT going to go big when watching superhero movies, Lord of the Rings, etc? And no old tech LED either.

I've known people from very low to very high income levels who can't live within their means or devise a plan and follow through if they want things to improve.  Same principle, different amounts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Only if it's lujan
View Quote
Lujan is one sexy half messican.

wood grow old with her in a doublewide in western kansas.

i want to experience all the dysfunction that her people experience.

i want to welcome her home from medium security prison and stand by her during her struggles with meth and horse.

i want to be there when she results in a new episode of Cops being made.

DON'T TAKE HER BOIS I LOVE HER i will scream as the sheriff's SWAT team hauls her away.

cot daymmit that little girl rustles my jimmies even if her nether region isn't shaved and/or waxed smoove as tennessee whisly.

i need Lujan in my life.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Tattoos be expensive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:08:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pale_pony] [#29]
My work took me to an accident site that was owned by a bunch of old people,  and "managed" by their adult children and grandchildren

They couldn't understand that the horse had already run over the hill and far away.  I was there to slam the barn door and pick up the pieces

One of the idiots with "vice president" on his office door had his diploma from my old Alma Mater proudly displayed behind his desk

His degree?

"Entrepreneurship"

No shit, the Business Departments at colleges had to find something easier than Marketing to flunk you down to before they had to send them to Liberal Arts or the Psychology/Sociology department when the whole reason they went to collegewas to major in Eskimo Joe's
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:26:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SideSwipeYa] [#30]
View Quote

If you really believe that you’re delusional. I’ve worked in this industry for over 30 years. The entry level are more likely to be driving a beater car, have cracked older phone, and thriving off Monster energy. Probably are living in mom’s basement because the rent is too damn high.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

If one doesn't know this by now tough luck, learn the hard way.  Can't afford to eat, but I bet they all have smartphones, 5G monthly cellular service, monthly home high speed internet, latest gaming consoles, and monthly Netflix and Amazon subscriptions.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
I haven't eaten all day

View Quote

Yep, during the work week normally just eat dinner and fast 24-hrs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:35:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15Texan] [#33]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Why do people always say this

Most people buy the $500-600 phone and make $10-15 a month payments.

Most expensive phone was my sons iPhone 14 for $600.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Did they report this on their $1000 plus, phones?
Why do people always say this

Most people buy the $500-600 phone and make $10-15 a month payments.

Most expensive phone was my sons iPhone 14 for $600.

You seem quite brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#34]
You think bozos gonna lower his profit margins for the schlums?

Written hit piece to get sympathy to raise wages....they will a small amount and double that cost onto consumers....wallah

Low wage workers in production and retail are useful idiots
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#35]
They just need a room packed with bunk beds and problem solved !
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
They just need a room packed with bunk beds and problem solved !
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CTM1:

So in your mind or utopia a married women with children should not work. What if they want to work?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTM1:

I want our country to produce more babies (no, grandpa, importing turd-worlders is not an answer) and have a standard of living that allows for functional families (present fathers who don't have to work 60+ hrs a week, mothers who can afford to stay home instead of cucking their families by working for a man besides their husband, etc)

So in your mind or utopia a married women with children should not work. What if they want to work?

Then don't have children.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I agree 100%, millions of people are doing jobs that used to provide enough for an apartment / car etc, and now simply doesn’t, but those same jobs are critical all the same. Millions can’t make their life function, even if they live frugally, millions have gone  under, became homeless, gave up, and millions more went from comfortable to struggling. Things are still getting worse too.

It’s extremely serious, and eventually it’s going to effect everyone who’s not super wealthy, and voting isn’t going to fix shit, we’re passed that. Buckle up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Vote harder.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SideSwipeYa:

If you really believe that you're delusional. I've worked in this industry for over 30 years. The entry level are more likely to be driving a beater car, have cracked older phone, and thriving off Monster energy. Probably are living in mom's basement because the rent is too damn high.
View Quote
This might come as a shock to you, but a significant portion of this site is out of touch with reality, and would shit their depends and die on the first day of a warehouse job.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Terriblis:
Putting Chinese crap in boxes is supposed to be a "family sustaining job"?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Just  like Walmart. The largest corporations pay their employees garbage, with no definitive benefits package.

It's ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Bezos tries to fly into space on a big blue penis.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:46:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#43]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

No sugar, they ain't gon' settle for no base model! They want the Eddie Bauer Denali PDiddy edition with seat massagers. $1100/month.  And $450 twice at month at Costco. Steaks on the grill, not burgers. And a 55" flat screen isn't enough. How are you NOT going to go big when watching superhero movies, Lord of the Rings, etc? And no old tech LED either.

I've known people from very low to very high income levels who can't live within their means or devise a plan and follow through if they want things to improve.  Same principle, different amounts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

While I agree unrealistic expectations , bad financial decisions and blowing a large chunk of income/ money on unnecessary stupid shit abounds, there’s no denying prices on homes / apartments/ taxes / vehicles / food and everything else have skyrocketed, and wages can’t keep up, the problems are hugely government created, either by doing shit they should not, like attacking business, fossil fuels, importing millions of h1b foreigners, blowing money bailing out banks, car manufacturers , billionaires fucking with home loans , printing trillions and destroying the dollar, or not doing things they should..deport illegals, seal the border, protect the dollar, cut spending, etc.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#44]
There's no reason to make America great again because there's nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Did they report this on their $1000 plus, phones?
View Quote
Another overpriced, shit product, that should NEVER cost that much.

Sorry you don't understand how the average American is getting fleeced by these corporations.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#46]

It's not about whether it is or it isn't, it's about what happens to your country and your society when you balloon the number of people who cannot sustain traditional human baseline needs (food, shelter, having a family and reproducing) due to economic factors that favor an increasingly small subset of society.

This is really highlighting a split between the old right and the new right. The new right realizes that the free market is great and all, but if it becomes detrimental to the baseline needs of society (preservation of culture, family, good morals- consider the things you typically fight invading armies in order to protect) then it needs to have its leash shortened.

The old right sees unfettered capitalism as a hard line in the sand, and if families cannot survive the free market, then perhaps the idea of family itself as an institution must be sacrificed and thrown into the hot fire at the feet of the bronze bull of the market.

I personally think that's fucking insane and we ought to try and ensure that all Americans can enjoy a certain baseline standard of living that allows for the millenia-proven bedrock institutions of society to function. The mechanisms of that in many cases may be more free market economics and less govt intervention, but the idea must still be, in every instance, to put the cart behind the horse, and never the other way around just because we read a lot of Ayn Rand.
View Quote

There is a lot of good stuff in this post
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#47]
We need to return to a society that realizes that poverty is a great motivator.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Palm:
Good news. The MF they voted for imported millions of turd world workers who would just love to have your job.
View Quote

and will once the Chi-com globalist race specific virus is unleashed...
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RamaSita:
Not all jobs will support a family commies
Go get a skill before robots replace you
View Quote

Once the world population is reduced by 90% there will be no need for Amazon or any large scale businesses...
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Neighbor kid started mowing lawns at 13. On his way to being a millionaire. But he has gumption.
He can't drive his personally owned truck until he turns 16 this October. No loan on the truck, mowers, trailer or other gear.
Doesn't whine about the work either.
Page / 6
Top Top