Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2024 9:41:20 AM EDT
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-cracks-down-on-diesel-trucks-in-bid-to-fight-climate-change-reduce-emissions

The Biden administration finalized long-awaited regulations targeting emissions generated from heavy-duty vehicles, including trucks and buses, the latest salvo in President Biden's sweeping climate agenda.

The Environmental Protection Agency announced the new regulations Friday morning, and officials said they represent the strongest-ever greenhouse gas emissions standards of their kind. The rules will kick in beginning in 2026 for model year 2027 vehicles and progressively become more stringent through model year 2032, forcing a larger number of trucks and buses to be zero-emissions in that time frame.

"EPA’s standards complement President Biden’s unprecedented investment in our workers and communities to reduce harmful emissions, while strengthening our manufacturing capacity for the transportation technologies of the future," said White House Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi. "By tackling pollution from heavy-duty vehicles, we can unlock extraordinary public health, climate, and economic gains."

"With the climate crisis underway and many of our communities facing unprecedented fires, droughts, and floods, it’s crucial that truck manufacturers get into the fast lane with zero-emission trucks to deliver the climate, health, and economic benefits we deserve," said Katherine Garcia, director of the Sierra Club’s Clean Transportation for All campaign.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Civilization runs on diesel.  This childish, fearful addiction to the precautionary principle will have horrible economic & supply chain negative impacts. We need to reduce central planning.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: warlord] [#2]
Ya gonna need Trump, otherwise we are going down another rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Have China and India fix their issues first, then we can talk.

Attachment Attached File

It's all a grift.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By warlord:
View Quote

We are F'ed with a capitol F .
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Trump ain’t gonna do shit.

This has been in the works for decades at this point.  Everyone knew tier 5 was coming.  

Just makes everything more expensive.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#6]
FUCK joe biden
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

This has been in the works for decades at this point.  Everyone knew tier 5 was coming.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There is gonna be a 5th tier? Damn, tier 4 adds 10's of thousands to the cost of a diesel generator already with a dpf and/or whatever else is used to achieve it. Can't wait to see what 5 adds to their cost...

...and how big it'll be
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: callgood] [#8]
I should have kept the spare lot next to us. Could have raised a hell of a garden on 160'x160'.

The Bridge on the River Kwai - Madness... MADNESS!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I laugh in 5.9 Cummins.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Diesel used to put particulate matter into the atmosphere to help global cooling. Biden is trying to bake us….
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#11]
They are planning to starve people. It doesn't take a genius to see that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By callgood:
I should have kept the spare lot next to us. Could have raised a hell of a garden on 160'x160'.
View Quote

Think Ikea. You can grow food in any configuration.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Why are these people always 'cracking down' on things I ask rhetorically.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

There is gonna be a 5th tier? Damn, tier 4 adds 10's of thousands to the cost of a diesel generator already with a dpf and/or whatever else is used to achieve it. Can't wait to see what 5 adds to their cost...

...and how big it'll be
View All Quotes

...and how big it'll be

The DPF / EGR will be statistically the same.

The major change is the amount of DEF used.  You will see a 30-50% increase in DEF usage. In theory, you will also see less diesel used. But not to the point of balancing the costs out of DEF consumption.

Euro 6 / US tier 5 have literally been planned since the 90s. The specifics for this came out sometime in 2015.  Thinking “oh trump is gonna save us” is… laugh worthy. It would take an act of Congress to stop this, since this was already allowed by Congress and SCOTUS.  

The green weenies are more than happy to kill people for their cause. They’re at best, homicidal morons, at worse brain washed genocidal zealots for their cult.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

Because capitalism is bad, mmkay?

Without smart Democrats to keep everything cracked down, the world would descend into chaos and we'd all die from climate change and racism.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#17]
The idiot is also looking to ban rare earth mineral mining in the US.
"You need to go electric but you can't mine for the minerals needed"

Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:

View Quote

Easier to get his 10% if foreign companies are doing all the mining.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
They are planning to starve people. It doesn't take a genius to see that.
View Quote

This is the end goal.  Diesel engines become paperweights when the DEF system pukes or Diesel become too expensive.

Better get a couple of team horses.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#20]

The major change is the amount of DEF used.  You will see a 30-50% increase in DEF usage. In theory, you will also see less diesel used. But not to the point of balancing the costs out of DEF consumption.

Euro 6 / US tier 5 have literally been planned since the 90s. The specifics for this came out sometime in 2015.  Thinking “oh trump is gonna save us” is… laugh worthy. It would take an act of Congress to stop this, since this was already allowed by Congress and SCOTUS.  

The green weenies are more than happy to kill people for their cause. They’re at best, homicidal morons, at worse brain washed genocidal zealots for their cult.
View All Quotes

...and how big it'll be

10-4. To my knowledge, DEF isn't used with diesel stand-by generators (basis of my comment) but makes sense with diesel trucks/tractors because they are already using it. Maybe DEF is used by generators or atleast will be. If so, that'll be something I'll have to cover costs for just like diesel fuel for test & top off.

We'll see...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#21]
People have no fucking idea how hard this will hit their wallets.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#22]

10-4. To my knowledge, DEF isn't used with diesel stand-by generators (basis of my comment) but makes sense with diesel trucks/tractors because they are already using it. Maybe DEF is used by generators or atleast will be. If so, that'll be something I'll have to cover costs for just like diesel fuel for test & top off.

We'll see...
View Quote

Some of the newer euro diesels are using more than a tank of def with a tank of fuel under heavy load towing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#23]
In other news cost of goods went up 25% due to the policies Trump put in place 4 years ago.
Republicans are known for increasing prices and Trump is a poopy head  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Max429:

Some of the newer euro diesels are using more than a tank of def with a tank of fuel under heavy load towing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Max429:

We'll see...

I was told it’s going to be nearly 1:1 on large equipment.  Mining, large stationary engines, etc.  

Currently it’s about 1:7 with on road trucks. Expected to rise to 1:3 give or take.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:

View Quote

This is classic US Government. They'll create two regulations at the same time:

• We are creating a problem out of thin air, and the market is REQUIRED to find a solution by date X.

• All potential solutions to the problem above are illegal.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
In other news cost of goods went up 25% due to the policies Trump put in place 4 years ago.
View Quote

Welcome 2023'er. Yeah, cheap gas and mean tweets. Go you!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Biden and his admin are a bunch jizz swallowing losers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
Civilization runs on diesel.  This childish, fearful addiction to the precautionary principle will have horrible economic & supply chain negative impacts. We need to reduce central planning.
View Quote

All part of the depopulation strategy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#29]

I was told it’s going to be nearly 1:1 on large equipment.  Mining, large stationary engines, etc.  

Currently it’s about 1:7 with on road trucks. Expected to rise to 1:3 give or take.
View Quote

I am seeing very similar numbers also.  I fully expect one ton trucks here in the states to get a larger def tank by the 27 model year.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Good luck, but it’s really just “somebody else’s problem”.

An analysis came out recently putting the price tag at over $1 trillion dollars to convert OTR to zero emissions.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#31]
California is pulling this shit with the railroad locomotives.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:49:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: atavistic] [#32]
I propose making the new Baltimore bridge the first zero carbon bridge built entirely of recycled aluminum cans and earth friendly mud and straw.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

Why does a man who thinks this is horribly important get driven around in a massively heavy vehicle in a convoy of other petrolium burning vehicles on the way to his four-engine jet?

If it's that dire that we need to change let's see some leadership from the front.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By stevelish:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stevelish:
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

The only place they want to depopulate is south of the border.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Well that's not the goal. In fact minimizing "climate change" isn't really the goal either. The goal is to level the global playing field and that starts with degrading the US economy.  Folks need to undersatnd that the unelected officials who are actually running this country hate it and what it represents.

They see the US as an evil empire built in the backs of minorities whilst raping global resources.  and yes….I worked the word 'whilst" into a sentance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#36]
that whole video is just so insufferable, biden has to go, it's joever
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Tyranny has metastasized in this country.  

It will not end well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Joe Biden used to drive a big rig.  He is part of the problem.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-debunked-claim-used-drive-tractor-trailer
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:56:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QueenDeNile] [#39]
It would be more productive working on establishing large mammals back to the subarctic region and repopulating our plains with Buffalo and cracking down on the illegal fishing that's destroying the krill and planktonic. The decimation and extinction of large mammals and pollution has had a greater impact on our greenhouse emissions than anything else. Of course they know this. But they have a reason for wanting to starve the world and bankrupt our economy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MeInMediocrity:
Joe Biden used to drive a big rig.  He is part of the problem.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-debunked-claim-used-drive-tractor-trailer
View Quote

Yeah, that's why his knees and back are bad. Truckin is serious bidness.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

We need Trump and a solid majority in both houses. It will take 8-12 years to undo the harm Biden has done. I just pray we win and have the time to right this ship. Biden may drag us into WWIII before this is over. It is time everyone wakes up and puts aside minor issues until our very survival is assured.

Stop with the uniparty BS and send a donation to Trump, the RNC and your local Republicans.

For those who don’t know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
View Quote

You have to be careful. Not everyone in GD will understand your sarcasm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Time to shut down the EPA and fire anybody who believes in Climate Change.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:05:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jtskier11] [#44]
What a freaking joke!  I bet Obama is having fun with all this shit.  Asswipe.............
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:10:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dboy11] [#45]
Even my new super duties are burning way more def than the older units.  

Can’t wait for this

Right now I think I’m going through about 300 gallons a week of def

I will also add the majority of my maintenance downtime is associated to after treatment systems
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Fucking stupid. Big trucks are already having a helluva time with tier 4 EPA bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#47]
The “Sierra club can hike to hell.”
Bumper sticker from 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:
View Quote
It's slowly killing the Owner/Operator truck drivers. All the added emission requirements have increased breakdowns, usually due to DEF/DPF issues. Waiting on shop time and parts can down a truck for days or even weeks (time the O/O isn't making money) and cost thousands of dollars. Parts shortages during Covid were dead lining trucks for weeks/months, some companies were seeing 10-20% of their fleet down.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Each engine is different as are the little black boxes calculation, but generally you’re going to get 3-6% on our on road and 3-13% on our heavy equipment our heavy excavators tend to be the bigger consumer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
It's slowly killing the Owner/Operator truck drivers. All the added emission requirements have increased breakdowns, usually due to DEF/DPF issues. Waiting on shop time and parts can down a truck for days or even weeks (time the O/O isn't making money) and cost thousands of dollars. Parts shortages during Covid were dead lining trucks for weeks/months, some companies were seeing 10-20% of their fleet down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Originally Posted By Bogdan:

We began the process recently of building an internal rental fleet of trucks just to take care of our breakdowns in emissions systems.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top