Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:

This.  So much this.  (I hate to quote myself).  Why are people so stupid?  Did you do an Excel spreadsheet graph of Social Security?  I'm assuming not or else you would NOT have chosen the route you did.  Waiting to collect SSA benefits are for people too stupid to know math.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Originally Posted By paddykern:
Originally Posted By hicap:
retired at 63 and loving it so far. haven't started taking SS yet

I waited till 70 to start taking SS.
Not sure if that was the right decision.
Investment guy said it was like making a guaranteed 8% every year by waiting.

Investment guy is stupid. Take it early, don't need it, toss it in a ROTH, CD, MM or whatever. That 8% is a bullshit thing.

Or take it, use it, save YOUR retirement money until you HAVE to use it or pass it on to your family/heirs. You aren't passing your SS on to anyone but some welfare mooch who never worked 3 months straight in their life.

This.  So much this.  (I hate to quote myself).  Why are people so stupid?  Did you do an Excel spreadsheet graph of Social Security?  I'm assuming not or else you would NOT have chosen the route you did.  Waiting to collect SSA benefits are for people too stupid to know math.

In my position, I have no one to leave the money to.
I had cash to live on while waiting to reach 70.
My thought was that it would be nice to have extra money from SS coming in later.
I may be able to stay in the home later and have a bigger monthly income to hire things done.

Figured it is a gamble on how long you live.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:29:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeistACWM] [#2]
The entire thread is about retirement income and yet not one post has been about the LACK of debt at retirement age and the smallest outgoing of money possible for any debt still owed to banks, institutions, or other concerns. Sure a decent amount of higher earners have no issue with continuing to pay on debt after retirement but for the majority of retiree's, no debt or as little as possible is highly recommended. Finding ways to cut every tax bill or payment to the state or feds is also recommended.

Vote out any bastard you can that wants to increase ANY taxes on you, they are the ultimate enemy in retirement.
View Quote

This. Hoping someone would say this.

People, IMO are hooked on consumption and whatever catches their eye or impresses others.

My best friends have zilch pragmatism.

I saw 6 people lose their homes and in some cases, portions of their retirement in 08. I suppose I was fortunate to watch them fail, and learn to live WITHIN my means. This thread is another reminder to grow comfortable with a tighter belt.

I treat my 06 tundra like a fucking Ferrari that will last forever and haven’t bought clothing outside of thrift stores other than socks and tightees for 2 decades.

*you sound poor*

Barring any heavy medical debt, I’m GTG.

My condolences to those who’s financial position was compromised by things outside of their control!

Derpy edit:

Late stage genx, no babies, bought land.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The entire premise the baby boomer generation where everybody who has even a reasonable job can have a house and cars and vacations and retire comfortably is a mirage.

It’s not real, and it has nothing to do with what the baby boomers did or didn’t do. It has mostly to do with the fact that that was an anomaly in the system..

For future generations, most people will not own houses. I suspect many people will not own cars. The average person with the average job will not be financially well off they’re going to struggle. And people will probably work until they die..

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The whole article was about "poor" people. Judging by the individual stories they were "poor by action".

It's like the dopes at work now. "Ohh I have to retire at 87 because this place sucks and the retirement sucks and the country sucks and everything sucks." Meanwhile they were working part time, bought massive houses, saved nothing into retirement because they had no money (while driving a Land Cruiser), and don't want to hear a thing about downsizing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
I had a neighbor from OK that moved to ID after her husband was diagnosed with cancer.  A lifetime of savings from his work as a self-employed contractor wiped out from medical / hospital bills.  He died, and she lived on $900.00 / month from SS.  She was understandably bitter at life but we liked her.  They saved for retirement but unforeseen circumstances made her poor when she couldn’t work anymore.  Last I knew she had to move out of the house she rented and found a roommate to split costs.  Not sure why her daughter didn’t step up…

I hope none of you reading this face a similar situation because the bottom line is you don’t know what the future holds.
View Quote

Cancer runs deep in my lineage.   Unless the cancer I get is something with a high survivability rate at a reasonable cost, I plan to just die as comfortably as possible when I am diagnosed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bat15:

Wait until you are 70 to collect SS if you expect to live past 80. I retired at 66 and waited until I was 70 to collect SS. I get about 32% more than if I took it at 66. The COLA is based on your current benefit amount and 8.9% of the higher payment at 70 was nice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:
Originally Posted By lokifox:
Originally Posted By hicap:
retired at 63 and loving it so far. haven't started taking SS yet

Take it now.

It takes 11ish years to break even if you wait until 67 vs. taking it at 62.

Wait until you are 70 to collect SS if you expect to live past 80. I retired at 66 and waited until I was 70 to collect SS. I get about 32% more than if I took it at 66. The COLA is based on your current benefit amount and 8.9% of the higher payment at 70 was nice.

Nope...

My family is long-lived typically but I don't expect I'll need the money in the sense that the risk outweighs the benefits of taking it later. I'd rather piss it away while I'm relatively young.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By VACaver:

Yep.

I make more now than I did before I retired, and have no need to touch my retirement savings.

Planning ahead is key.
View Quote

When you put 30%+ of your income towards retirement it did 2 things.  First you saved more but secondly you lived below your means.  

Example, because I am dead tired and can't think of the right words....

You have Billy and Johnny that are both 30 years old to the day.  Both just went through a divorce and lost everything.  Both make 120k a year after taxes and they plan to retire the same day as well.

Billy saves 5% of his post tax income for retirement a year.  So he puts 6k a year towards happiness.  He has a huge house, boat, jet ski's and any other item he might want with the 114k that ends up in the back before he spends it.

Johnny saves 30% of his post tax income.  So he puts 36k a year towards happiness.  He has a modest house, vehicles he needs, and probably takes a reasonable vacation every year (aka not some $87k European country hopping campaign vacation).  Johnny puts 84k a year in the bank to spend.  

Say they retire in the following years, not taking into account inflation or gains in retirement accounts:

10 years:  Billy = 60k     /   Johnny = 360k
20 years:  Billy = 120k   /   Johnny = 720k
30 years:  Billy = 180k   /   Johnny = 1.08 Million

Now say this is the only income these two will get, no SS, no pension, or any other source

If they plan to live off this and draw the same amount it will look like:

10 year mark:  Billy will get back to work in under 7 months, Johnny won't notice for over 4 years
20 year mark:  Billy will get just over a year off, Johnny can take off 85% of a decade
30 year mark:  Billy will run out in 1.5 years, Johnny can go almost 13 years

Billy could go over 9 years on Johnny's stash at 30 years.  Billy's account never even touched, after 30 years, the amount in Johnny's account after only 10 years

This is just the simple math....by eliminating most of the variables.  Many times these variables really help the saver, such as compound interest.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

You're not going to qualify for medicaid unless you have very little in the way of assets or they've been in an irrevocable trust longer than the lookback period.

View Quote

Honest question as I haven't looked up Medicare that much besides the "extra fees" if your income is above X limits.....

Does having all your money in a Roth allow you to qualify barring the same amounts in traditional accounts?...well currently unless they change it...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

If you slaughter the sacred cow, living in US that is, retirement abroad is the only thing that makes sense. Financial sense.  move to an island and live on 1/10 to 1/4 of what you spend now. It depends on how western you want to be. Running car and AC or live like the local, commute on a bike.

Retirement abroad is  a thing and has been a thing for a long time now.

At least 30 years.
View Quote

When the idiots in charge devalue the dollar to the same as a ZWD, then that plan might not work out as well as in the past.....

....just saying
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
The entire premise the baby boomer generation where everybody who has even a reasonable job can have a house and cars and vacations and retire comfortably is a mirage.

It’s not real, and it has nothing to do with what the baby boomers did or didn’t do. It has mostly to do with the fact that that was an anomaly in the system..

For future generations, most people will not own houses. I suspect many people will not own cars. The average person with the average job will not be financially well off they’re going to struggle. And people will probably work until they die..

View Quote

30 trillion I deficit spending and zero interest rate was definitely an anomaly. Reality is now setting in.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

30 trillion I deficit spending and zero interest rate was definitely an anomaly. Reality is now setting in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

They're already starting to pimp the Euro-style mortgages that run for a lifetime+ in the news rags.

I expect for most people in America, life for the next generation will be better than we have it in many ways. It will just be different. Good or bad, who knows?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Joe_Pennsy:

SNIP for the following chart:

Here's your golden opportunity to right the ship:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31782/brats-3063464.png
View Quote

I would just like to say I am impressed.....that the numbers of Gen X aren't substantially lower compared to the others......."what the fuck is a bike helmet".....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FlamingDragon:
But wait, there is hope!

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us Romans 8:18
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By callgood:
"Bill, 71, is also still working despite retiring two years ago from a career in advertising. He's had to return to work 32 hours a week to supplement his retirement savings, partially due to the high cost of living in Connecticut. He's also contending with intergenerational financial strains. He said he will still be making payments on his kids' college loans until next March."

1. Move
2. Tell the yoots, "Estas por tu cuenta!"
View Quote

Why in the hell would anyone agree to pay off their kids college loans ???  That was beat into my kids heads at an early age.  They paid for their own college.  I am living off my retirement and SS.  I waited until I was 70 to draw my SS and it was among the best decisions I have ever made.  The second best was NOT paying for my kids college.

kwg
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jacon:
The music has stopped for Boomers. You did this.
View Quote

Problem is… they’re going to drag the rest of us - and likely, the system - down with them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
Maybe she should have served for 20 years while having 5 kids during that time and retired with a full pension and medical at 38?
View Quote

Yes, because that's not welfare.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:57:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#17]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

View Quote

@ Master_Blaster.

Hmmm….welfare?  No, it's not welfare. Welfare can loosely be described as an unearned entitlement. Mil retirement is earned…especially for the last 20 or so years.  Myself and others  put the work in and now I draw a retirement.  I do feel lucky to be able to draw it though as there was  more than a few times that I came close to either dying or being killed.  Plenty of other men and women didn't get a chance to draw their "welfare" though because they weren't as lucky as others.

Do also feel that retirement earned in other public service jobs are also welfare? Police? Fire? and so on?

What you wrote makes you sound like a little bitch. I'm sure you're not so maybe you should delete your imbecilic comment so you don't appear so stupid or trollish. While you're at it punch yourself in the mouth for me.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Those 14% house interest rates
View Quote

I remember that.  I bought my first house when home mortgage interest rates were 14%-16% in 1981.  Kids today have no idea.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EDDIECRUM:

I have to take take money out of my retirement savings per federal law. Don't really need it, and just reinvest it.
View Quote
RMD.  Required minimum distribution.  My money guy just put some of my stuff directly under my trust.  I haven't asked, but I wonder if that gets me away from the RMD on those funds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
RMD.  Required minimum distribution.  My money guy just put some of my stuff directly under my trust.  I haven't asked, but I wonder if that gets me away from the RMD on those funds.
View Quote

I'd be interesting in that info….

I meet with my money/attorney next month to discuss estate planning and financial strategies such as RMD.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:
Wait so I’m supposed to hate Boomers for stealing the future of the country or feel bad when some of them are still broke at their age despite having lived during a very prosperous time in America? Which is it?
View Quote

Maybe the message is have a little compassion for others less fortunate than you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EDDIECRUM:

I have to take take money out of my retirement savings per federal law. Don't really need it, and just reinvest it.

Is the money in a "tax advantaged" account like a Roth or 401k?

Interesting question... When they changed the rules a few years ago they took away the legacy Roth rules that could be used as a cash cow for generations of heirs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Both of them hit with cancer later in life - nobody can predict if or when it happens, but that’s what “preparing for retirement” is supposed to factor in.

Shit happens. This isn’t a “failure of the system”
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jeepnik:

Maybe the message is have a little compassion for others less fortunate than you.
View Quote

Disagree. The message should be point at these people and tell everyone watching, don't end up like them. We used to do things like that. We used to teach that actions have consequences. If we had more of that we'd be able to actually focus on the ones that legitimately need help due to unfortunate reasons.

I think the problem now is we teach people to have a heart or some other soft BS which in turn encourages this kinda, don't have to worry about my future, someone else will bail me out type of thinking.

PSA - plan for your future and inevitable bad health in old age. You've only got yourself to blame. Life is hard, deal with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#26]
the key is learning to be happy when you're really not
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

But was lack of planning the problem?
Based on the article, it was medical bills being that both of them were diagnosed with cancer.

I would love to retire in almost exactly 10 years, but I'm guessing it will be 14 years since I had kids late in life. I am planning now, but I could see how medical issues in the future can mess everything up.
View Quote

Yes.  They failed to plan for their medical bills.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Can’t be that. If GD has taught me anything it’s to call the less fortunate “poors”, blame them for any imagined poor financial choices, and screech about bootstraps and avocado toast.

Compassion is on its deathbed as far as this world is concerned.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BikerNut:

I didn't get Enron'ed, but I got Dot Bombed when the dotcom bubble burst in 2001. We lost half our savings overnight.

We dumped that dumb bitch financial consultant and used an old Japanese woman at Chase Bank, and she worked miracles with the money we had left.

Twenty-three years later, we have a comfortable retirement.

But like any aged retiree, we're only one cancer diagnosis or heart surgery away from losing everything.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BikerNut:
Originally Posted By terryj:
Did anyone here get Enroned? Lots of retirement dreams shattered right there.

I didn't get Enron'ed, but I got Dot Bombed when the dotcom bubble burst in 2001. We lost half our savings overnight.

We dumped that dumb bitch financial consultant and used an old Japanese woman at Chase Bank, and she worked miracles with the money we had left.

Twenty-three years later, we have a comfortable retirement.

But like any aged retiree, we're only one cancer diagnosis or heart surgery away from losing everything.

Seems like you could have just let the money sit there, and kept contributing.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MJL99:

Disagree. The message should be point at these people and tell everyone watching, don't end up like them. We used to do things like that. We used to teach that actions have consequences. If we had more of that we'd be able to actually focus on the ones that legitimately need help due to unfortunate reasons.

I think the problem now is we teach people to have a heart or some other soft BS which in turn encourages this kinda, don't have to worry about my future, someone else will bail me out type of thinking.

PSA - plan for your future and inevitable bad health in old age. You've only got yourself to blame. Life is hard, deal with it.
View All Quotes

Yep.

There's gambling, then there's GAMBLING.

The biggest problem is we don't talk about it enough. Seriously. High schools don't teach basic finances, parents generally don't either. When I went out on my own I had no idea WTF I was doing. Fortunately I had a couple good mentors and a bit of innate curiosity that made me start to get serious in my mid-20s.

If my parents, school, whoever would have sat me down at age 14 when I started working and beat some sense into me regarding investing and tax-advantaged accounts I could have easily been retired by now.

Well... maybe that's a stretch. ARF has cost me more money than I want to admit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Im I supposed to feel bad for these people as a Millenial?

Guess what? none of us are going to be able to retire as millenials...as soon as we start creeping up in age, boomers are going to be living longer and we will have to wait to retire until 80.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Why continue to pay medical bills for someone who has died?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Originally Posted By panthermark:

But was lack of planning the problem?
Based on the article, it was medical bills being that both of them were diagnosed with cancer.

I would love to retire in almost exactly 10 years, but I'm guessing it will be 14 years since I had kids late in life. I am planning now, but I could see how medical issues in the future can mess everything up.

On Arfcom, if you don't plan for every single possible contingency in existence, you're a pathetic loser.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Not my problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#35]
This is what family is for. When my dad wanted to retire, he was going to be short a couple hundred each month and have problems with big expenses like a new roof, furnace replacement, car repairs, etc.

His 4 kids made it happen.

I know it is old fashioned, but a solid network of loving relatives can provide a ton of security. Both of my grandmothers lived with my parents in the months and years before their deaths.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Yep.

The biggest problem is we don't talk about it enough. Seriously. High schools don't teach basic finances, parents generally don't either. When I went out on my own I had no idea WTF I was doing. Fortunately I had a couple good mentors and a bit of innate curiosity that made me start to get serious in my mid-20s.

If my parents, school, whoever would have sat me down at age 14 when I started working and beat some sense into me regarding investing and tax-advantaged accounts I could have easily been retired by now.

Well... maybe that's a stretch. ARF has cost me more money than I want to admit.
View Quote
There’s truth to this. My gen x parents didn’t teach me squat about investing and schools don’t teach shit either. The only reason I’ve started preparing for retirement at my age is ARFCOM tbh. Found the business and investing forum and went from there. I’m trying to get my brothers in the know earlier than I was though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Wait so I’m supposed to hate Boomers for stealing the future of the country or feel bad when some of them are still broke at their age despite having lived during a very prosperous time in America? Which is it?
View All Quotes

I guess you need to learn to fucking read some more.

overwhelmed" by medical bills from both her husband's cancer diagnosis

Medical bills from over priced medical care can destroy anyone's retirement. Yet just cross our borders as illegal criminal immigrants and all your needs will be met free of charge. Including squatting in someone's home for months or longer.

You can have the best thought out retirement plan and it only takes one event to destroy it. Your hatred of older Americans is quite obvious and you suck for it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Sandbowl1980:

Medical bills from over priced medical care can destroy anyone's retirement. Yet just cross our borders as illegal criminal immigrants and all your needs will be met free of charge. Including squatting in someone's home for months or longer.

You can have the best thought out retirement plan and it only takes one event to destroy it. Your hatred of older Americans is quite obvious and you suck for it.
View Quote

Ironically I read the entire article just to get to the end and find out it’s a piece about why we need SS and Medicare, and how retirement isn’t equitable. Written by none other than someone who has a bio that reads like a Free Shit Army member. So you’re correct, I really don’t give a fuck. These people had the most prosperous decades of economic growth to prepare and plan.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jacon] [#39]
Originally Posted By WileyG27:
@Jacon

Exactly how did I do this? I suffered most of my life, was blamed for everything in my so called family, lived way below my means for 60 out of 62 years of life. I have lost everything due to others' interference and I have rebuilt from scratch more than once and never once received help from anyone. So how in the hell did I hurt you little one? I was too busy trying not to drown to sit around and whine about what I didn't provide for myself. And now, I've taken early retirement, partial SS benefits and living off of what I managed to put together and you think I had anything to do with your pathetic life?? There's your problem, you never learned how to take care of yourself and you think it's my problem or fault. Continue to whine while you continue to fail, that's all you and your generation seem to do, feel free to prove me wrong. As far as me, I'm taking my money that I now have and leaving to go chase island girls for the rest of my days and will leave nothing for your weak generation. It's up to you to survive and if you fail, you are the cause.

Quit being weak.

View Quote

@WileyG27. Woah dude. Show me on the doll where the bad people touched you.

Clearly you’re not in this situation so why did you waste the time to reply? JFC

Too many boomers relied on the premise that the economic prosperity post-WW2 was going to last indefinitely beyond the age of globalization. Meanwhile, they had fewer kids and adopted high-divorce rates which eroded US economic capability.

Now, they’ll get to move back in with their kids because they won’t have enough to live on their own.

Just so we’re clear, I’ll have more in my retirement at 45 years old than my parents have at 70. My retirement plan considers SS and (railroad retirement for me) as a bonus, not a guarantee. However, if it’s around, it’ll be a nice $75K annual bonus.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
I made peace with the fact I'll never be able to retire a long time ago. I intend to work till I can't then find an out of the way place to check out.
View Quote

Mostly this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Both of them hit with cancer later in life - nobody can predict if or when it happens, but that’s what “preparing for retirement” is supposed to factor in.

View Quote

View Quote

I've watched countless people be told that there is nothing more to do and that any further treatment would be futile, only for them to decide that they would be the one-in-a-million that beat it and went forward with millions in care costs.

The issue isn't costs, it's people running up bills.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Yep.

View All Quotes

Yep.

HS doesn't teach money and finances for a reason. If kids actually figured out politicians, the government, local taxes [and what you don't get for your money] fed spending, deficit spending, inflation, devaluing of the dollar and all the rest, the government as the government wants to remain as would cease to exist. BOTH SIDES like power more then they like to do what is the correct and proper and financially responsible thing to do.

And little blurbs like ''we'll pay for all your education debt'' gets more voters [yeah they are retards but tards can still vote] then ''we are going to destroy any wealth you can ever earn thru inflation and you will be dependent on us forever.''
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:

On Arfcom, if you don't plan for every single possible contingency in existence, you're a pathetic loser.
View Quote
there it is.gif
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:

I've watched countless people be told that there is nothing more to do and that any further treatment would be futile, only for them to decide that they would be the one-in-a-million that beat it and went forward with millions in care costs.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:

View Quote

Failing to plan for the 3rd most common cause of death?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#46]
The politicians in this country, mostly liberal, should burn in hell did what they've done
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
The politicians in this country, mostly liberal, should burn in hell did what they've done
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:

I work with a guy who is going on 83.  He's been working here for 56 years.

He's still got it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
I had a co-worker retire at 77.5 a couple years ago. He took SS at 70.5 then boosted his pension til 77. He said he is happy and has no money issues with no other savings.

I work with a guy who is going on 83.  He's been working here for 56 years.

He's still got it.

Lots of people do better with a challenge or a reason in live and live longer
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pdm:

@ Master_Blaster.

Hmmm .welfare?  No, it's not welfare. Welfare can loosely be described as an unearned entitlement. Mil retirement is earned especially for the last 20 or so years.  Myself and others  put the work in and now I draw a retirement.  I do feel lucky to be able to draw it though as there was  more than a few times that I came close to either dying or being killed.  Plenty of other men and women didn't get a chance to draw their "welfare" though because they weren't as lucky as others.

Do also feel that retirement earned in other public service jobs are also welfare? Police? Fire? and so on?

What you wrote makes you sound like a little bitch. I'm sure you're not so maybe you should delete your imbecilic comment so you don't appear so stupid or trollish. While you're at it punch yourself in the mouth for me.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pdm:

@ Master_Blaster.

Hmmm .welfare?  No, it's not welfare. Welfare can loosely be described as an unearned entitlement. Mil retirement is earned especially for the last 20 or so years.  Myself and others  put the work in and now I draw a retirement.  I do feel lucky to be able to draw it though as there was  more than a few times that I came close to either dying or being killed.  Plenty of other men and women didn't get a chance to draw their "welfare" though because they weren't as lucky as others.

I also know plenty of career military men that think the brood mares in the forces are useless to the military and nothing more than welfare queens.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253414/20231115_150645_jpg-3028671_jpg-3173028.JPG

Get both!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top