Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Average IQ by country (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/11/2024 8:33:10 PM EDT
Is it really this bad? What I’m reading online supports the video.

Below 70 is generally accepted as disabled. Below 85 is not wanted by the US Armed Forces as they cannot contribute and are a hinderance.

Jordan Peterson | The Most Terrifying IQ Statistic
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#1]
We shouldn't be taking in anyone from Africa, Central, or South America.

And yet...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#2]
Of course it's this bad. IQ does grant people a certain life direction though. A nuclear physicist vs a fast food restaurant employee for example. There is a job available here for every IQ.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GDaawg:
Of course it's this bad. IQ does grant users a certain life direction though. A nuclear physicist vs a fast food restaurant employee for example. There is a job available for every IQ.
View Quote
No. No, there very much isn't. That's the problem.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I think there was a thread on this a week or two ago.  Yes, it’s bad.  The average IQ in the US is dropping daily.  You know why.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By runcible:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Of course it's this bad. IQ does grant users a certain life direction though. A nuclear physicist vs a fast food restaurant employee for example. There is a job available for every IQ.

Manuel labor
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#6]
View Quote

Someone will always be needed to tend to the yard maintenance, dig a ditch, take your food order, or unclog a toilet. It takes all kinds for our society to function.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#7]
Originally Posted By Hostile1:
Manuel labor
View All Quotes
Manuel labor
Yeah, like in all those WPA and TVA projects, right?

Someone will always be needed to tend to the yard maintenance, dig a ditch, take your food order, or unclog a toilet. It takes all kinds for our society to function.
No, it doesn't, not anymore. And the fact that people don't realize that is another huge part of the problem.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Manuel labor

But who will cut the grass!?!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
And yet, there are a lot of people in this country with high IQs that don't appear to have a modicum of common sense.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course it's this bad. IQ does grant people a certain life direction though. A nuclear physicist vs a fast food restaurant employee for example. There is a job available here for every IQ.
View Quote

If that was true there would be no food stamps or public housing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Every day we get closer and closer to this...

Attachment Attached File

Wall-E and Idiocracy were indeed documentaries.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]
It’s all going according to their plan.

Ignorance is bliss.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GDaawg:take your food order
View Quote
I take it you haven't been to a fast food restaurant in a while.
There are no more order takers.  You punch in your order on a tablet, pay at that same tablet, and that tablet issues you a number.
Eventually someone will call a number and toss a bag of "food" on the counter you used to order at.  (And even that's being automated...)
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:49:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#14]
Originally Posted By starn:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By starn:

Having a low IQ job doesn't necessarily mean you can support yourself. Usually you'd need to live with family or a couple roommates to make life work out for you. And yes... unfortunately government assistance for many as well :/
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbatheredneck] [#15]
View All Quotes
There are, but the free ride offered by the federal government is a better deal, so the market adjusts with kiosks, robots, etc.

If the alternative to work was starving, lots of stuff that was automated or deemed too expensive due to labor costs would make a comeback.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:
Is it really this bad?
View Quote
Yes. All you have to do is watch any of the travel videos to India to understand that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Strela:
And yet, there are a lot of people in this country with high IQs that don't appear to have a modicum of common sense.
View Quote

I used to not really care as long as they had good moral character. That may be dropping faster than IQ.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

View Quote

The guys that cut my grass every week are Wisconsin Anglo-Saxon Protestants.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Having a low IQ job doesn't necessarily mean you can support yourself. Usually you'd need to live with family or a couple roommates to make life work out for you. And yes... unfortunately government assistance for many as well :/
View Quote

So why would we take in more, that will lower the average even more and put more on gov assistance?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:05:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#20]
Originally Posted By BikerNut:

View Quote

Still though only low IQ people will in general fill these type roles no matter their national or ethnic background.  It's a low pay no skill needed job.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

So why would we take in more, that will lower the average even more and put more on gov assistance?
View Quote
We shouldn't, but everyone being inherently of equal ability is the greatest lie that the globalists ever sold. Bluntly stating that some peoples are too stupid to live here is a concept that no mainstream politician will ever verbalize, and practically every public forum would deplatform you from for being some combination of racist and xenophobic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#22]
What's going on in this video? Peterson is on the left, then he's on the right, then the left again. Did they keep switching seats?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Manuel labor
View All Quotes

Manuel labor

Typo, or clever pun?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Strela:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#25]
After living in Mexico for 10 years, I was expecting it to be listed near the beginning. I was an absolute Einstein
there. I consider myself to be of about average intelligence here in the US.

That said, I've noticed how much dumber the younger generations are now that I'm back. Just last week, the woman at my optometrist couldn't add 50 + 30
without a calculator. She also couldn't add $55 plus $55. My twin 8 year olds quickly and easily did both math problems in their heads.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Still though only low IQ people will in general fill these type roles no matter their national or ethnic background.  It's a low pay no skill needed job.
View Quote

Maybe that’s why so many Firemen have Lawn companies for off shift job!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Halberdier:
What's going on in this video? Peterson is on the left, then he's on the right, then the left again. Did they keep switching seats?
View Quote

It’s old and just there to bolster the significance of the stats in the tik tok link.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Manuel labor
View All Quotes

Manuel labor

I didn't see Manuel's country in the video
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PR361:

Maybe that’s why so many Firemen have Lawn companies for off shift job!
View Quote

Your firemen wait to be off shift to do their second jobs?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]
"Being There"
Roy
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Manuel labor
View All Quotes

Manuel labor

Cannon fodder
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Flushdraw:
That said, I've noticed how much dumber the younger generations are now that I'm back. Just last week, the woman at my optometrist couldn't add 50 + 30
without a calculator. She also couldn't add $55 plus $55. My twin 8 year olds quickly and easily did both math problems in their heads.

View Quote
It's been my assumption for a while now that overreliance on technology dulls the mind, but I've never seen any studies confirming that. There's much that requires no thought in modern times. Even just thinking about something like traveling prior to GPS for instance, it took much more brain power than just punching in an address and following what the robot voice says.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15608/17154747635257649553833385971721_2908762-3212033.JPG

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#34]
My wife and I were in a McDonald's in Phoenix Arizona last week. And the place was dirty . probably didn't have a mentally disabled person to clean the tables or the floor or the soda dispensers.
They did however have several kiosks for ordering. But what they didn't have or didn't have anyone smart enough to do was to bring the food to the table as the kiosk instructed you to take a number and put it on your table and they would deliver it. So while it was a physically new-ish McDonald's it was one of the worst I've ever been in oh and by the way we are right about 29 bucks for two people who didn't eat big meals
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Idiocracy is coming closer
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Wrong

There isn’t a job for every IQ. The more intelligent end up paying to support those who are so dumb they can’t earn for themselves.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15608/17154747635257649553833385971721_2908762-3212033.JPG

View Quote

We are there already.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Yep a middle age white guy cuts my grass.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#39]
These people have careers their call professional protesters.

George Soros is always hiring.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I graduated HS in West Seattle in 1966. In 7th and 9th grade we were required to take all day long IQ tests and the results were sent to our parents as well as government agency's.I do not know what they did with the scores.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Wrong

There isn't a job for every IQ. The more intelligent end up paying to support those who are so dumb they can't earn for themselves.
View Quote

The real issue is giving free money in return for nothing.  Send them out to pick up trash, sweep the street, clean public toilets and pull weeds in the park.  Welfare should be a demeaning job that allows finding a better job to replace.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#43]
After living in Mexico for 10 years, I was expecting it to be listed near the beginning. I was an absolute Einstein
there. I consider myself to be of about average intelligence here in the US.

View Quote

There’s a cultural component going on there. I know tons of people from there and the men are generally high functioning. But the women… Maybe they aren’t allowed much of an opinion or education so they seldom have to think. The younger ones are certainly dumber. I know lots of sweet Latina grandmas that seem to be of at least average intelligence.

Went to the mall today and the youth there were just depressing. Like caricatures. Slovenly, clown levels of makeup, lots of pride in their ridiculous obesity, lashes, nails, face tattoos, trashy clothes. It’s like the more broken they are the louder and more obnoxious. Seeking attention I guess.

My daughter met us there and saw a guy ramming his head into the brick veneer on her way in. Just mentioned it casually on the way out to avoid the tweaker. She’s not even phased by stuff like that.

We need to clean up the country. Take out the trash. Invaders, pedos, litterers, carrier criminals and people that don’t return their shopping carts. Off with their heads.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

We are there already.
View Quote
yes, yes we are.

it's gonna get worse before it gets worse.gif
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

There’s a cultural component going on there. I know tons of people from there and the men are generally high functioning. But the women… Maybe they aren’t allowed much of an opinion or education so they seldom have to think. The younger ones are certainly dumber. I know lots of sweet Latina grandmas that seem to be of at least average intelligence.

Went to the mall today and the youth there were just depressing. Like caricatures. Slovenly, clown levels of makeup, lots of pride in their ridiculous obesity, lashes, nails, face tattoos, trashy clothes. It’s like the more broken they are the louder and more obnoxious. Seeking attention I guess.

My daughter met us there and saw a guy ramming his head into the brick veneer on her way in. Just mentioned it casually on the way out to avoid the tweaker. She’s not even phased by stuff like that.

We need to clean up the country. Take out the trash. Invaders, pedos, litterers, carrier criminals and people that don’t return their shopping carts. Off with their heads.
View Quote

You have to realize the people that are here from Mexico aren't your typical Mexican. We get some of their very best and very worst, not average. The average Mexican man in Mexico is not productive.
About 20% of the population is functionally literate, and their rate of alcoholism rivals the UK.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Correct.  All the low IQ jobs went overseas.  Folks that glue soles on shoes and sew clothes together, that sort of thing.

The only low IQ jobs we have left are the ones that have to be performed on site.  Most of them are in the service industry.

Once AI is mature, all jobs will be low IQ jobs, because no one will be smarter than the computers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GTwannabe:
https://i.imgur.com/E1cBATE.png
View Quote

What would our average be if we halted all immigration after WW2?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Fact. You can’t fix stupid!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#50]

You have to realize the people that are here from Mexico aren't your typical Mexican. We get some of their very best and very worst, not average. The average Mexican man in Mexico is not productive.
About 20% of the population is functionally literate, and their rate of alcoholism rivals the UK.
View Quote

I believe it. I see lots of motivated business types that have dumb kids. My kids and most of my friends have had kids smarter than we were. Not a high bar for mine to clear but we work hard at it. Always talking to our kids at dinner, reading to them, challenging them with activities, problem solving, public speaking and leadership stuff.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Average IQ by country (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top