Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 1:29:48 PM EDT
Every single one I've seen just randomly barks. Getting walked by its owner? Barking. Standing behind a window? Barking. A leaf falls? Barking. Ok, stupid owners, for sure. But I just saw my neighbor walking his shiny copper-colored puppy (couple months old?), and of course it was just barking as it was moving along. I don't think I've seen a more annoying crossbreed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
My golden retriever only barks to tell me he wants to come back inside.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#2]
They're lowkey cute af tho.

Beagles are the worst at that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Family member has one. It does bark at the thought of the wind might blow.
Also named one thing, but they refer to it as - dumb dumb.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
They're mutts.

So yes...retarded.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Behold my retard

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: callgood] [#6]
Bark Collars!

Originally Posted By deadmau5er:

View Quote

The only time my beagle/dachshund mix ever barked was when I inadvertently rang the doorbell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
Behold my retard

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/1000005105_jpg-3171866.JPG
View Quote

Backroom Casting Dog
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Super annoying breed
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I deal with a lot of goldendoo's in my job,  they're 95% goofy/retarded. Very lovable though, haven't met a bad one yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes,
Goldens, labs, and standard poodles are all awesome breeds and among the best family/working dogs you could have.
I’ve never met a mix that was worth a shit in the field or unretarded in the house.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
Super annoying breed
View Quote

Wat
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
Every single one I've seen just randomly barks. Getting walked by its owner? Barking. Standing behind a window? Barking. A leaf falls? Barking. Ok, stupid owners, for sure. But I just saw my neighbor walking his shiny copper-colored puppy (couple months old?), and of course it was just barking as it was moving along. I don't think I've seen a more annoying crossbreed.
View Quote

Every one that I've met has been a retard like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine almost never barks. Someone comes to the door and surprises him and he lets it rip but zero nuisance barking.

He’s a first gen Doodle. They tend to not be as f’ed up as the true Doodle on Doodle mixes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t know about those particular mixes but my MIL has a Aussie-doodle and it is one  of the best dogs I’ve ever seen
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I was in a house with one of those dogs that looks like them, a Portugese Water Dog, and it was single handedly the smartest dog I've ever been around.  It intently watched me wire some stuff up, trying to figure out what I was doing, and when I moved onto the next room it came with me and grabbed the pliers out of my tool box and gave them to me. I would have taken that dog home with me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Earl_Basset:
I deal with a lot of goldendoo's in my job,  they're 95% goofy/retarded. Very lovable though, haven't met a bad one yet.
View Quote

My sample size is probably smaller than yours but that's been my experience also.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:11:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vonbongo] [#17]
Super intelligent dogs

Honestly she is as smart as my German wire hair was

Both great dogsAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I was in a house with one of those dogs that looks like them, a Portugese Water Dog, and it was single handedly the smartest dog I've ever been around.  It intently watched me wire some stuff up, trying to figure out what I was doing, and when I moved onto the next room it came with me and grabbed the pliers out of my tool box and gave them to me. I would have taken that dog home with me.
View Quote

Damn, that is an awesome dog.  

I would have wanted to take it home too.

You can't just find dogs of that quality on-demand.   They are rare finds.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
My sister has 2 golden doodles.  Dumb and dumber.

Don't shed, but geez, these are retarded dogs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Wait, so mixing two different breeds of dogs that are functionally retarded on their own together will make one breed that’s also functionally restarded ? I’m shocked
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#22]
yes
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#23]
After owning 2 doodles, I'll say this.....doodles aren't bad dogs, but watering down a good breed with poodle DNA is fucking retarded.  Poodles are sensitive and have shit coats.  IMO, the Golden Retriever is nearly perfect. No need to mess with it!  As soon as my wife's Aussie Doodle kicks the bucket, or I'm able to convince her to get rid of it, I'm going back with Golden Retrievers and GSDs.  By far the best 2 family breeds.  

Also, the whole no shedding thing is a total scam.  Yes, they don't shed, but what they don't tell you is that because they don't shed, their coat is an absolute maintenance nightmare.  So much so, that some groomers won't even mess with them.  Vacuuming is a hell of a lot easier than continually grooming an idiot dog.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By VectorX:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VectorX:

I have a lab like that, I'm going to be inconsolable when she dies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Goofballs yes. But also wonderful animals. I’m still reeling from loosing one of mine recently but absolutely will have another.Attachment Attached File

She was the best dog we’ve ever had.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FlashHole:
After owning 2 doodles, I'll say this.....doodles aren't bad dogs, but watering down a good breed with poodle DNA is fucking retarded.  Poodles are sensitive and have shit coats.  IMO, the Golden Retriever is nearly perfect. No need to mess with it!  As soon as my wife's Aussie Doodle kicks the bucket, or I'm able to convince her to get rid of it, I'm going back with Golden Retrievers and GSDs.  By far the best 2 family breeds.  

Also, the whole no shedding thing is a total scam.  Yes, they don't shed, but what they don't tell you is that because they don't shed, their coat is an absolute maintenance nightmare.  So much so, that some groomers won't even mess with them.  Vacuuming is a hell of a lot easier than continually grooming an idiot dog.

View Quote

Literally everyone I know that has one will shave them every 6-12 months to deal with what you're talking about with their coats.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#27]
Mine barks at things he sees and other barks that he hears miles away.

He is really one of the smartest dogs I have ever had.

I have had GOLDENS, and a JRT.

He is much smarter than those.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#28]
They're just fun goofy dogs that want to please everyone around them.

Parents have a standard poodle and the dog is hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Happy_Hour_Hero:
My golden retriever only barks to tell me he wants to come back inside.
View Quote

Funny, my Golden Retriever only barks when he really needs to go out...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Wsr4325:
I don't know about those particular mixes but my MIL has a Aussie-doodle and it is one  of the best dogs I've ever seen
View Quote
I've got one of those.  Get complements on how good he is all the time.

Only two things I don't like about him.  Dumb-ass wants to get in fights with male dogs if they so much as bump into him and wants to fuck all female dogs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:

View Quote

You must learn the song of Beagle to appreciate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Griff is super intelligent, almost too smart. The golden is a 75 pound goof. Their interaction is pretty entertaining.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#33]
My neighbor has a labradoodle and that dog constantly barks at everything that it sees.  Even if you see her and talk to her like 20 times a day every day, she barks like you're a complete stranger.  I'm pretty sure that she is as dumb as shit.  Too bad, because Labs are usually pretty cool dogs.  Add the "doodle" and that dog is now ugly and dumb.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#34]
my golden didnt bark for anything the first 3 years of his life, then we had a child and now he barks if any other animal is near. i cant deny that he is a slow thinker though. any command i give takes him a sold 5-10 seconds to process before he actually does the command.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MilHouse-556] [#35]
Our goldens only bark if someone steps foot on our property that isn't us.

Makes getting packages all the time real fun.
Can't complain though, it's kind of their job.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Goldens are retarded
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I believe the original designer of the breed stated that he regretted ever dreaming up the idea in the first place.  

That said, they are super cute.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZA206] [#38]
We have two Aussie-Doodles both are about 25 lbs.... they are fantastic dogs.
Well mannered, loving as can be, not destructive, eager to please and be loved.

Like all dogs, they each have their own personality. The big one (older) is basically a "hall monitor" personality that is very obedient (goody 2 shoes), but gets irritated if anyone is having too much fun or being too loud. Meanwhile, she watches TV every night and goes crazy when she sees a dog, cat or horse on the screen. She doesn't have many "animal" friends. I think she may be a closet arfcommer.

The smaller/younger one is convinced she's actually a cat in a dog's body. All but refuses to come when called, walks on tables and on top of things you'd think a dog that size couldn't get up on. I can't ever tell if she's stupid or just stubborn to the point being annoying. Every animal she's ever met loves her and want's to be around her. The new cat follows her around and cries for her when she goes to bed with my daughter.

I had a 110 lb yellow lab before these dogs. I loved that dog.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
They're just fun goofy dogs that want to please everyone around them.

Parents have a standard poodle and the dog is hilarious.
View Quote

Doodles rule.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Buckeye33:

You must learn the song of Beagle to appreciate.
View Quote

We had a neighbor with a beagle that would leave him out for hours at a time and it never stopped howling. Smart dog it learned how to open doors so they had to get those child proof knob covers and change their front door knob all together.

I’ve liked all the golden doodles I’ve ever met. Bernadoodle is the only cross I’ve come across that wasn’t universally friendly. Not a mean dog at all but not the insane people pleasers goldens are. You had to earn her affection like a cat. Outside of guard dogs I don’t think any dog should be anything but freely affectionate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Doodles can be good dogs.  People forget that poodle is still there.  Poodles are great dogs, but very smart and need to be properly managed.

Beagles are the Bidens of the dog world.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top