Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 9/4/2023 2:00:18 PM EDT
Just got my open water cert. looking for a good setup to last awhile and won’t break the bank. Used the Aqualung Axiom in class. I liked it except for the shoulder room so was looking to go a little nicer for my own setup.

How do y’all like the i3 setup? Is it a gimmic? Stick with a traditional inflator? Any advice on setups would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Just don’t. I’ve got a buddy who got one in 2017. He loves it. The thing is that it’s non-standard. You break that little lever and it’s going to not be quick to fast. Other people have reported online that it took their dive shops a while to get parts.

The inflator for manual inflation of the B/C is coiled up on your left shoulder. If you have an issue and a buddy has to inflate your BC at the surface, they’re probably going to end up fumbling for that. Plus the inflator is on the side, not a hose coming over your shoulder.

It’s a gimmick. I thought I read AL had discontinued it. Also, AL is in some financial trouble. I wouldn’t buy anything like this from them, It breaks, they go out of business, and you’re SOL because of the non-standard parts.

Just say no!

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I have i3 BCs, and we've had them for 10 years. They get quite a lot of use. We always have them checked annually by our LDS - we've never heard of an issue getting parts quickly, and the few things that have needed replaced AquaLung has done so under warranty. They flown all around the world with us - zero issues. We really like them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a scuba pro glide I've had for ever and I will use till it dies.

We use aqua lung pro HD for rentals, they are bullet proof and people love them.

Most of the staff like zeagles,
I'm a dealer for just about everything except for scubapro.

If your in FL I may be able to help you out
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top