Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2024 4:07:14 PM EDT

Backstory....My kid got a telescope for Christmas and wants to go out so I'm digging out my rig. Long story short, I've had a Soligor since I was a kid and never really learned how to use it. Well, the power of youtube finally gave me some education. I pulled it about 8 years ago and actually learned how to set it up. Bought a cheap laptop and a web camera to use for some astro photography and got some basic shots.

I was satisfied enough that it went back in the box and haven't messed with it since. Now I have to to dig it out again and my webcam is AWOL... I seem to remember that I had to take the IR filter off the webcam to do proper photography. I just got this camera to replace the webcam. Says Datyson on the back of the camera but there is no literature included and I can't find anything online. I'm looking at the camera adapters and the 1" that is attached to the camera seems to have a filter at the bottom... What kind of filter is it? I looks like an IR filter...

Not sure why it would have an IR filter in an astro camera
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be something like a light pollution filter or narrow band pass filter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top