Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 3/18/2024 6:31:52 AM EDT
The lady has a set shot, no bout adout it. Caitlin I wish you continued success but the WNBA sucks and there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Bunch of left leaning companies and media spending money to advertise the WNBA.

Meh, let them waste their money.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
First I've heard anything about it. But yes I'm sick of it
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:36:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s their 15 minutes of fame, it will be over soon once the NCAA tournament, hockey playoffs, spring training, NBA, F1, NASCAR, spring break starts up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Issues like this one are why we can be certain we don't have a free market. The feelings and desires of the consumers and organic demand are NOT what is being used to drive product development and pricing. Makes me wonder if we truly know anything about what Americans really wants or thinks, about anything.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Mary Floppins? Can piss off. Women's sports suck
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the GrrrrllllPowrrrr!! propaganda is getting tiresome.

She's a great female basketball player.  But she wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to Maravich's record if she had been playing against boys.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of her, so I guess not.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
It's it wrong that I think she's kinda cute?

I'd climb that tree for some Snu Snu.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Who?...

...the what?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
Mary Floppins? Can piss off. Women's sports suck
View Quote

Damn..
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Yes, the GrrrrllllPowrrrr!! propaganda is getting tiresome.

She's a great female basketball player.  But she wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to Maravich's record if she had been playing against boys.
View Quote

The patriarchal control over sports needs to STOP!  Caitlin, and all the other WNBA players, have grrrlllll power and should be playing the NBA!  Same for the NFL, boxing, MMA, Soccer and so on….one league for everyone. Go Girls!

Show those evil patriarchs what you can do!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:56:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#12]
Haven't watched TV in years, so whatever.

As far as Clark, she isn't in the WNBA.  Just a good women's bball player and i hate bball and women's sports.

It's a pretty significant record that she blew way out of the water.

I try not to shit on other people's big accomplishments when I don't have that talent myself, but you all do you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:57:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#13]
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:
Who?...

...the what?
View Quote

Iowa women's basketball star who is absolutely dominant through skill (women's BB players who dominate usually are because of mannish athleticism). excellent shooter and ball handler. 32 points, 9 assists per game this season, shooting 46% overall and 38% from deep.

I think there is a small section of  sports media that is desperate for a female BB player who can match up against her male peers. Clark is the closest there has been to that that I can recall - and she's still not that close.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bellows1:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I had to look it up.

White girl gets BB superstardom?

Shit ain’t right yo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Meh, she's okay. The LSU Lady Tigers gave her the business last season.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:13:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#17]
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

A type of person that can read the game, offense and defense.

Hate all you want but she has the NCAA all-time scoring record, men AND women.

She beat out Pete "Pistol" Maravich!! A person they've made MOVIES about.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

She's going to fill seats in the WNBA and likely raise the bar.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Like a Mia Hamm for women's soccer.

Caitlin Clark Deepest 3s So Far In 2023
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#19]
More men have walked on the moon than women have dunked in the WNBA.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Let's see her play with the best of the best women's college players versus a middle of the road boy's high school team..... There are levels to this stuff and we know the outcome..... Good for her but I am uninspired as the father of 2 young women. 1 of my daughters was not interested in her D1 scholarship offers for soccer because academics were the easier path and women's soccer pays zero dollars for the work of 2-3 fulltime jobs. Of course it is very telling when Clark is at the peak of her career in college and her income will only decrease from here. She is a 1 time in a generation talent and the paychecks drop off when she goes off to the joke that is the wnba.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:20:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#21]
Here is my favorite video of her. Back when she was in high school.

A bunch of opposing high school dorks come to the game just to taunt her.

Have chants and everything in a small court so the player's hear everything.

Caitlin Clark is cold blooded and downs 42 points.

Watch the entire video. It's hilarious how cocky they are and how they become silent.

#1 PLAYER Caitlin Clark RESPONDS To OVERRATED Chants With 42 Points!

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:22:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DrDover] [#22]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM
View Quote

Let's see her play against a boys high school team to show the reality of the situation. You can pump up the beating Pete M. narrative all you want but in the grand scheme of basketball history it is not a huge deal. She would barely make a high school boys team. The end of women's sports is near with the advent of the shenis and the stated fact that men can get pregnant .
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Try living in the Middle of Hawkeye Country......
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
More men have walked on the moon than women have dunked in the WNBA.

View Quote

And Lyudmila Pavlichenko has buried more enemies than most men. What's your point?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DrDover:
Let's see her play with the best of the best women's college players versus a middle of the road boy's high school team..... There are levels to this stuff and we know the outcome..... Good for her but I am uninspired as the father of 2 young women. 1 of my daughters was not interested in her D1 scholarship offers for soccer because academics were the easier path and women's soccer pays zero dollars for the work of 2-3 fulltime jobs. Of course it is very telling when Clark is at the peak of her career in college and her income will only decrease from here. She is a 1 time in a generation talent and the paychecks drop off when she goes off to the joke that is the wnba.
View Quote

She is going to kill it in the WNBA.

Show me any WNBA players that were close to her dominance in college.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:
Bunch of left leaning companies and media spending money to advertise the WNBA.

Meh, let them waste their money.
View Quote

This, they can waste all the money they want, I still won't watch a second of it.  Basketball sucks at all levels, doesn't matter who is playing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:26:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#27]

Let's see her play against a boys high school team to show the reality of the situation. You can pump up the beating Pete M. narrative all you want but in the grand scheme of basketball history it is not a huge deal. She would barely make a high school boys team.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What a stupid rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM

Let's see her play against a boys high school team to show the reality of the situation. You can pump up the beating Pete M. narrative all you want but in the grand scheme of basketball history it is not a huge deal. She would barely make a high school boys team.

Who gives a shit?

Men are genetically stronger in just about every physical capacity over women.

Do you need a Pulitzer for coming to this conclusion?

Maybe it's not about men vs women.

Maybe it's about kids having a good role model. She's a Mia Hamm type for female youth basketball.

She puts down high scores, isn't doing keg stands on social media, and just seems like a genuinely good human being.

Why would you pick her, of all people, to complain about?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:26:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DrDover] [#28]

View Quote

Show me a wnba team versus a high school boy's team that is mid level.... We have all seen this play out. They may be able to compete with a boys jr. high team but there are levels to the game and ignoring that is moronic at best. Ask me the last time I watched a wnba game.... Ask me why she is making more now than she will in the wnba.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Is this a legit female, or a dude playing dress up and dominating womens sports?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#30]
No not tired of hearing about her.  She is great -and great for women's sports.

I'd much rather hear her name in the news that Britney Griner.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Who gives a shit?

Men are genetically stronger in just about every physical capacity over women.

Do you need a pulitizer for coming to this conclusion?

Maybe it's not about men vs women.

Maybe it's about kids having a good role model. She's a Mia Hamm type for female youth basketball.

She puts down high scores, isn't doing keg stands on social media, and just seems like a genuinely good human being.

Why would you pick her, of all people, to complain about?
View Quote

The fact you think I am coming down on her is a prime example of the problem. That is great she did well in college sports as a woman against women. None of us outside of a few folks would know anything about her if it were not for the women are as good as men narrative being pushed. She is a great GENERATIONAL Women's talent. She is not great when placed in competition against men. She is being used as a tool of promotion until the next William "Lia" Thomas basketball comes to make a complete joke of women's sports.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:34:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#32]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:
Issues like this one are why we can be certain we don't have a free market. The feelings and desires of the consumers and organic demand are NOT what is being used to drive product development and pricing. Makes me wonder if we truly know anything about what Americans really wants or thinks, about anything.
View Quote

I live walking distance from the stadium and people are way more interested in the womens games than the mens games. People line up in the morning for evening games. Everyone is glued to the TV at the bars when the women are playing. Some people like to look at men or high school boys, but personally, I prefer to see college-aged women running around in shorts.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Show me a wnba team versus a high school boy's team that is mid level.... We have all seen this play out. They may be able to compete with a boys jr. high team but there are levels to the game and ignoring that is moronic at best. Ask me the last time I watched a wnba game.... Ask me why she is making more now than she will in the wnba.
View All Quotes

Why are you comparing apples and oranges?

What is this obsession with comparing women's sports to mens?

No is making this comparison unless they're an idiot.

A top women's tennis player likely couldn't beat a 500th seeded men's player.

Again, if you know of this imaginary "men's vs women's" sports league, please, let's hear it.

She's inspiring for a lot of youth. A good role model.

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many of you want to shit on her or downplay her talents.

It's not like she's going around on social media claiming to beat Jordan in his prime. She's just playing the game and having fun.

Usually this is when people lose the argument and the "cucks" "white knight" personal attacks start flowing.

Got my Bingo card out waiting for those.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:41:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#34]
Originally Posted By PonderosaPilatus:
Is this a legit female, or a dude playing dress up and dominating womens sports?
View Quote

Serious dude?

Shift the boulder further away from your doormat and read one of the newspapers from the past 5 years that have been piling up.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#35]
JFC, you're some miserable motherfuckers.

GD: Don't let trannys ruin women's sports.

Also GD: Women's sports are all completely valueless.

Nobody is saying that Caitlin Clark could take on Jordan 1-on-1. But she's is an absolutely dominant, biological female, who is crushing it in women's sports right now.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:42:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

I live walking distance from the stadium and people are way more interested in the womens games than the mens games. People line up in the morning for evening games. Everyone is glued to the TV at the bars when the women are playing. Some people like to look at men or high school boys, but personally, I prefer to see college-aged women running around in shorts.
View Quote

Yeah, but it’s Iowa. What else are people going to talk about?

Corn’s looking good this year.

I heard they are hiring for third shift down at the porkery.

I heard it might/might not rain.

If that’s your baseline, I imagine basketball seems interesting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By LDL7071:

Nobody is saying that Caitlin Clark could take on Jordan 1-on-1. But she's is an absolutely dominant, biological female, who is crushing it in women's sports right now.

View Quote

Thank you!

Thought I was going crazy in this argument.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I've never heard of her and from the prior responses I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Honestly this is the first time I've heard anything about any of this and at the same time I remember I don't like basketball.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

Yeah, but it’s Iowa. What else are people going to talk about?

Corn’s looking good this year.

I heard they are hiring for third shift down at the porkery.

I heard it might/might not rain.

If that’s your baseline, I imagine basketball seems interesting.
View Quote

I think you missed the point. We have both mens and womens basketball. The womens games fill up the arena. The mens games don’t. Once you make the move to a conservative state, be it Iowa or somewhere you like better, you’ll see how good we have it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:49:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#42]

I think you missed the point. We have both mens and womens basketball. The womens games fill up the arena. The mens games don’t. Once you make the move to a conservative state, be it Iowa or somewhere you like better, you’ll see how good we have it.
View Quote

Iowa isn’t really a conservative state. It’s like Minnesota with less scenery and a big state fair.

However…

Is the basketball girl a liberal lesbian? I’m new to discussing her and I’m trying to get my tribal sea legs under me for this discussion.

I might still hate her, not sure yet.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Pretty much this
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Serious dude?

Shift the boulder further away from your doormat and read one of the newspapers from the past 5 years that have been piling up.

View Quote

You mean one of the liberal rag newspapers fawning all over dudes dressed up as women dominating a womens sport because the couldn't hack it playing with the men?  Yes it was a serious question, and unfortunately a valid one these days.  If she's a legit female, looks like she is, good for her.  I'm glad she's kicking ass!
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#45]

You mean one of the liberal rag newspapers fawning all over dudes dressed up as women dominating a womens sport because the couldn't hack it playing with the men?  Yes it was a serious question, and unfortunately a valid one these days.  If she's a legit female, looks like she is, good for her.  I'm glad she's kicking ass!
View All Quotes

Serious dude?

Yeah dude.

A legit female basketball player that just passed the highest college basketball scoring record, both for MEN and women.

Recently she beat out Stephen Curry's college 3 point record.

It's a big deal but tired of people playing these "Well if Robocop had to fight Predator" like who gives a shit? Can't you enjoy things in their own respected worlds?

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LDL7071:

View Quote

They should not compare her to Pistol Pete.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Iowa isn’t really a conservative state. It’s like Minnesota with less scenery and a big state fair.

However…

Is the basketball girl a liberal lesbian? I’m new to discussing her and I’m trying to get my tribal sea legs under me for this discussion.

View Quote

As far as I know she is not a lesbian and that seems to be at the center of the conversation. The angry black lesbians in the  WNBA do not want her there.There have been past and present players alike verbally say as much.They don’t want an attractive,straight, white female to be the face of the WNBA. The WNBA is a league of gay feminist. They also don’t like the white girl that damn near beat Steph Curry shooting 3 pointers at the all star game.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#48]

However…

View All Quotes

However…

You’re not going to like her no matter what. My point was a counter to this statement:

Originally Posted By Gunner226:

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah dude.

A legit female basketball player that just passed the highest college basketball scoring record, both for MEN and women.

Recently she beat out Stephen Curry's college 3 point record.

It's a big deal but tired of people playing these "Well if Robocop had to fight Predator" like who gives a shit? Can't you enjoy things in their own respected worlds?

View Quote

That Robocop versus Predator thing would be pretty solid. Just saying. You might want to bang out a thread about that one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#50]
the which?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top