Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 1:28:10 AM EDT
About 3 weeks ago I ordered an Expert Grade M-1 after receiving their email saying they were doing a run of these.

They haven’t run my card yet and I guess they don’t provide any notification that they’ve received your packet.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to turn these orders around?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
They are super backed up.

https://forums.thecmp.org/forum/cmp-sales/m1-garand/22529-new-order-timeline

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't bought from them lately but have made several trips to Anniston over the years. Nothing like handpicking your Garand off the shelf.

Their new store and range at Talladega is pretty awesome as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:44:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ege] [#3]
Hard to predict, since sometimes they don’t have enough of the grade or item you ordered, and have to unpack and inspect more.

They should send you an email saying they got your packet at some point, colloquially referred to as a “DBU” (Don’t Bother Us).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ege:
Hard to predict, since sometimes they don't have enough of the grade or item you ordered, and have to unpack and inspect more.

They should send you an email saying they got your packet at some point, colloquially referred to as a "DBU" (Don't Bother Us).
View Quote
I usually never get a dbu email, just a cc hit and a nice rifle in a few days.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
Haven't bought from them lately but have made several trips to Anniston over the years. Nothing like handpicking your Garand off the shelf.

Their new store and range at Talladega is pretty awesome as well.
View Quote

It was like Christmas morning as a kid every time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:08:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#6]
Good timing, have a coworker who literally just received his high graded 1911 delivered from CMP...took TWO YEARS! He said it's a Colt frame and (I think) Ithaca slide (something weird like that). The assembly date was mid-50's, assembled and has been stored ever since...said the trigger sucks for such a high grade, but it's such pristine shape the hammer still is still parkerized and not even polished off.

We're only about 4-5 hours from Anniston, he wanted me to drive with him about a month ago to pick up his Garand, but ordering can take some time...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Slightly off topic...

What is the process for ordering from the CMP?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bellows1:
Slightly off topic...

What is the process for ordering from the CMP?
View Quote

Link
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered surplus M1 carbine ammo recently, and it took about six weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RRA_Nut:

Link
View Quote

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I need to get to Anniston one of these days. Any particular day of the week better than others?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AngryCaveman:
I need to get to Anniston one of these days. Any particular day of the week better than others?
View Quote

They are open Thursday through Saturday. I would be in line 30 minutes before opening on Thursday morning.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Rifles are at 8-12 weeks for most grades.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top