Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2024 3:27:47 PM EDT
Had a Z6 a couple years ago and hated it due to the "blackout" in the viewfinder when shooting high speed continuous.

Have a D780 and D3s........still looking for a deal on a D500 or D5 but so far no luck.    Stumbled into a Z6ll and giving it some thought,.but assuming for high school sports I'll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You will likely never find as good a deal on a D500 as you can right now buying a refurb direct from Nikon - $1151 refurb with free shipping!

I am still using mine for sports. It has done lots of Taekwondo and kids basketball (indoor, poorly lit gyms), and both flag and tackle football. It has lots of clicks both day and night. I am far from a professional, but this thing has been making me look good for about 6 years!

-shooter
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shooter220:
You will likely never find as good a deal on a D500 as you can right now buying a refurb direct from Nikon - $1151 refurb with free shipping!

I am still using mine for sports. It has done lots of Taekwondo and kids basketball (indoor, poorly lit gyms), and both flag and tackle football. It has lots of clicks both day and night. I am far from a professional, but this thing has been making me look good for about 6 years!

-shooter
View Quote

I would like to find a good used D500, but am amazed an 8 year camera is STILL going for around $1200????!!!     Thing must be THAT good!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vmax84:

I would like to find a good used D500, but am amazed an 8 year camera is STILL going for around $1200????!!!     Thing must be THAT good!!!
View Quote

One of the reasons it will hold on for awhile is that people who have been shooting f mount lenses for decades are running out of ways to use them in modern cameras. If I go to a z-mount camera with a converter I lose a ton of functionality in my oldest lenses (non-AF-S), and a few of my newest (two DX lenses). That kind of means starting over, and at that point I am not 100% sure it would be with a Nikon…

All that said, I have a “refurb” ZF in my cart with a 40 f2.8 - but haven’t been able to make myself pull the trigger. My D500 has performed really well on travel and sports photography both. If you look at the feature to feature comparisons, we are just now getting to the point where a big upgrade over the D500 is no longer $3-5k for the body.

-shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top