Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 6:25:46 AM EDT

Back before Christmas there was a thread about allergies and one post described a recipe for cleaning eyes that included warm water, xylitol and couple other things.  

I have been using xylitol in warm water and it does wonders cleaning my eyes of mucus and stopping the burn/itch.   Contact lens feel much better toward end of day.  

But does anyone remember the thread or possibly know what the other couple things to add would be?  If the xylitol works so well I gotta think the other stuff would help as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue.  I use Systane Gel Drops.  It's like putting an ice cube on your eyeball.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:02:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hammer1995] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

As noted above Pataday is great for itchy, watery eyes associated with allergies. BTW, it's on sale at Sam's Club right now. iVizia is by far the best I have found for dry eyes and that includes prescription cyclosporine and Xiidra. Neither of those made enough improvement to justify the cost.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Pataday seemed to dry my eyes out worse.

I use Systane Balance now and it seems to help quite a bit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks, guys.

I'll give couple these a try and see if I can get good result.  

I will say again, xylitol in warm water does great job of cleaning the eyes and eliminating the itch at end of day.  It has helped me.

The search for ultimate solution continues........
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top