Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2024 3:00:08 PM EDT
I don't even know how to introduce this other than giving you guys the softest entry I can think of.  If you're over 45, please leave before you clutch your pearls too hard.

Start with this, if you're a metalhead, you'll know and love the song.

ALEX TERRIBLE - MUDVAYNE - DIG COVER

If you don't like metal, here is this crazy mother fucker dancing with a bear.

ALEX TERRIBLE GROWL AND BEAR PART 4

If you're with me so far....

Slaughter to prevail - DEMOLISHER epic live moment
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Demolisher is brutal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Love Slaughter to Prevail! It's a shame that they are the opening act on the Marilyn Manson, FFDP tour. They should be the main act

Slaughter To Prevail - Baba Yaga (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
As an older metalhead that's way past his prime, this band has got the 'it' factor that I haven't seen since the early Pantera days. Just a "F"you attitude. I love it.

Lead singer has some incredible lungs. His lows can be heard without a mic, over the music at live shows.

Their earlier stuff is good too. "I Killed a Man" I almost believe it

SLAUGHTER TO PREVAIL - I Killed A Man

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately this is a short, but the first time I saw this I was hammered.  It was the first time I actually pissed myself laughing.

https://youtube.com/shorts/neBHNlBFxp0?si=R2IkUCiDzo1o7yq2
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Im_Awake:
As an older metalhead that's way past his prime, this band has got the 'it' factor that I haven't seen since the early Pantera days. Just a "F"you attitude. I love it.

Lead singer has some incredible lungs. His lows can be heard without a mic, over the music at live shows.

Their earlier stuff is good too. "I Killed a Man" I almost believe it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ5-PoPOaeQ

View Quote

Dude I get what you're saying.  They remind me of a russian version of Hatebreed with a cocaine bear singing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
To go with the above, never heard him do Manson.  Holy shit this is awesome.

ALEX TERRIBLE THIS IS THE NEW SHIT MARILYN MANSON COVER
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Im_Awake] [#7]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

Dude I get what you're saying.  They remind me of a russian version of Hatebreed with a cocaine bear singing.
View Quote

Haha...good analogy

The unsung hero of this band is the drummer. I know he's using triggers, but even still, he is extremely talented. I watched a bunch of their live shows a while back and that guy's timing is legit.

He's right up there with Aaron Kitcher and Austin Archey. Top 1% of metal drummers
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Should point out that he loves guns and the 2A!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Haha...good analogy

The unsung hero of this band is the drummer. I know he's using triggers, but even still, he is extremely talented. I watched a bunch of their live shows a while back and that guy's timing is legit.

He's right up there with Aaron Kitcher and Austin Archey. Top 1% of metal drummers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Haha...good analogy

I've been debating that for two years.  Is it a drum track, or is dude like lightning on the kick?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
The opening of this song gets me. Ladies and Geltemans, You are listening to Alex the Terrible

SLAUGHTER TO PREVAIL - Bratva
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]

I've been debating that for two years.  Is it a drum track, or is dude like lightning on the kick?
View Quote

He's using triggers. But it doesn't matter because all a trigger is going to do is make bad technique sound worse.

Now...When you have a moment. Get yourself some headphones and feast your ears on Aaron Kitcher. This guy probably has the fastest Heel/Toe + Trigger speeds I've ever heard.

For anyone that plays drums, know this is next level shit. Even if metal music isn't your thing, the amount of practice it takes to get to that point is insane

Infant Annihilator - Cuntcrusher - Drum Play-through [OFFICIAL] [HD]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I got to meet Alex awhile back.  He is one really cool guy and I wish I could push the kind of air he can.  He has an amazing ability to push some air and get really loud while doing it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
This is my go-to when I'm in the mood for cyclic-rate drums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEMyLlXdBA
View Quote

Devin Townsend is a God amongst men.  The fact that he is batshit crazy just gives us better music.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sorry I can't get behind a lot of deathcore. I never cared for the ultra-slow breakdowns or style of new dirty vocals. A lot of these bands have pushed the br00tal scene so far and I don't feel like there is much advancement. We got through a lot of the core and dubstep stuff. I find myself going back to the faster breaks, higher tuned guitars, and a little more musicality to the riffs. Chugging on low strings and adding random dissonant guitar noises in-between has gotten a little stale.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#16]
That shit is fucking horrible. Dirty vocals like that suck. There's no talent there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]

He's using triggers. But it doesn't matter because all a trigger is going to do is make bad technique sound worse.

Now...When you have a moment. Get yourself some headphones and feast your ears on Aaron Kitcher. This guy probably has the fastest Heel/Toe + Trigger speeds I've ever heard.

For anyone that plays drums, know this is next level shit. Even if metal music isn't your thing, the amount of practice it takes to get to that point is insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SImHi16cwqc
View Quote
There was a lot of discussion about editing used in this video. Musically it's awesome, but be careful what you hear may not be what he is capable of playing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By terryj:
That shit is fucking horrible. Dirty vocals like that suck. There's no talent there.
View Quote

I'm anxiously awaiting the 240p video of you sounding like a god damn kodiak bear on meth
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Vocals are brutal. Just needs different phrasing and better music to perform over.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Yeah because that is just so easy to get that loud, push that much air, and not destroy your vocal chords in the process.
I get that a lot of people may not like the style of music but to say no talent you really have zero idea how vocals like that are accomplished.  It is not easy and if you do it wrong you can destroy your vocal chords.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Vocals are brutal. Just needs different phrasing and better music to perform over.

View Quote

Here is something from the same country with crazy vocals, black metal music
Todestriebe - Bestial Obscurantism
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void] [#22]
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:

Yeah because that is just so easy to get that loud, push that much air, and not destroy your vocal chords in the process.
I get that a lot of people may not like the style of music but to say no talent you really have zero idea how vocals like that are accomplished.  It is not easy and if you do it wrong you can destroy your vocal chords.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EdgecrusherXES:

Yup.

The fact the Corey Taylor and Jamie jasta have not destroyed their vocal cords is a mystery to me.

Phil can just get chalked up to being a junkie.

Everyone else just fades away because they're done.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#23]
YouTube just recommended this

ALEX TERRIBLE LORNA SHORE Pain Remains I: Dancing Like Flames COVER

He can’t quite do what Will Ramos does but he killed that song in his own way.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By baize82:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvNwNSc73g

View Quote

I've never been moved by a metal song until I read through the lyrics and realized it's about a man that loses his wife. Absolutely gut wrenching.

So good

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#25]

I've never been moved by a metal song until I read through the lyrics and realized it's about a man that loses his wife. Absolutely gut wrenching.

So good

View Quote

But within the expanse, I finally see
A world without you isn’t meant for me

That part hits like a ton of bricks every single time I hear it
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:48:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#26]
NVM
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#27]
Originally Posted By baize82:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvNwNSc73g

View Quote

Listened to this alongside the original and lyrics over the weekend. Reminds me of the Uvalde shooting where one teacher was killed, and her husband died from a heart attack 1-2 days later. Killer and abysmal lyrics/theme

ETA: Lorna Shore is pretty good for the deathcore genre.  see them incorporating the modern black metal (term used loosely) style in the vein of Mgla in a few places. Example 5:55 the intro to part 2:
Lorna Shore | Full band playthrough - 'Pain Remains' trilogy
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:04:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SchizoPathica] [#28]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
This is my go-to when I'm in the mood for cyclic-rate drums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqEMyLlXdBA
View Quote

Dude! We can be best friends.
Gene FTW!!

As far as 45 being too old for the OP's tastes, damn dude, you're way off. That's my jam lately!

ETA:
I still remember, many moons ago, a friend telling about this new band, Mudvayne.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#29]
That bear would make an awesome vocalist.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m a death metal vocalist. Have been for over 20 years at this point. While I really hate Slaughter to Prevail’s music - I just hate deathcore with a passion - Alex is an amazingly talented vocalist. Lots of respect for his abilities behind the mic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#31]
@Patriot91F digs this shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#32]
The music isn't my cup of tea but I've watched a lot of that guy's YouTube videos. Pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#33]
WTF is going on with the damn bear?

I've never seen that before, but I'm not even surprised.

RE the drummer, I definitely believe having a God-tier drummer makes or breaks a lot of bands. It seems true of all the bands I really love.

THE DEVIL FEARS THIS BAND - WHY THERE'S NO ONE BETTER

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#34]

My Russian               would be apoplectic.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:
I’m a death metal vocalist. Have been for over 20 years at this point. While I really hate Slaughter to Prevail’s music - I just hate deathcore with a passion - Alex is an amazingly talented vocalist. Lots of respect for his abilities behind the mic.
View Quote

I used to hate music like it too.  But I'm a sucker for the drums.

Bury your dead is the most grind/death/whatever core that I can listen to all the time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#37]
If you're over 45, please leave before you clutch your pearls too hard.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:00:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#38]
I'm a death metal vocalist. Have been for over 20 years at this point. While I really hate Slaughter to Prevail's music - I just hate deathcore with a passion - Alex is an amazingly talented vocalist. Lots of respect for his abilities behind the mic.
View Quote
It seems a lot of the brutal style singing today is done with widened tongues in the mouth and they have a very safe way of phrasing every word. Maybe it's better longterm on their vocal chords but to me it feels like it limits the timbre of everything they sing. I have some guitar pedals that downsamples the signal to the point you can play a lot of different riffs even on different instruments and it always comes out with that low bitrate bell tone. Some of the modern vocalists sound that way to me.

I miss Chuck Schuldiner, Dax Riggs from Acid Bath, etc... That style felt more alive and less predictable. I'm sure it was harder on their vocal chords. I still respect any of them even the new guys, not easy to sing like that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Bury your dead is the most grind/death/whatever core that I can listen to all the time.
View Quote

I saw bury your dead with suicide silence, static x, mudvayne, black label, and dope.   That was a good concert.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Alex terrible and slaughter to prevail are the best thing happening in metal now. Incredibly talented band.  The drummer is very good.
SLAUGHTER TO PREVAIL - DEMOLISHER (Drum Play-Through by Evgeny Novikov)
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HDLS:
If you're over 45, please leave before you clutch your pearls too hard.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/christian-bale-confused-face-x8olip1hb9h-966.gif

Well it's true

There's a video of Corey Taylor meeting them backstage.  Corey says something like "oh yeah my kid listens to you guys".
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#43]
ALEX TERRIBLE - KINGDOM OF STORM AND THUNDER
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
It seems a lot of the brutal style singing today is done with widened tongues in the mouth and they have a very safe way of phrasing every word. Maybe it's better longterm on their vocal chords but to me it feels like it limits the timbre of everything they sing. I have some guitar pedals that downsamples the signal to the point you can play a lot of different riffs even on different instruments and it always comes out with that low bitrate bell tone. Some of the modern vocalists sound that way to me.

I miss Chuck Schuldiner, Dax Riggs from Acid Bath, etc... That style felt more alive and less predictable. I'm sure it was harder on their vocal chords. I still respect any of them even the new guys, not easy to sing like that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
I'm a death metal vocalist. Have been for over 20 years at this point. While I really hate Slaughter to Prevail's music - I just hate deathcore with a passion - Alex is an amazingly talented vocalist. Lots of respect for his abilities behind the mic.

Yeah, it’s part of why I hate deathcore. Every singer sounds the same because they all ape the one or two sounds that work. Don’t get me started on breakdowns. They’re fine once in a while, but when every song becomes a breakdown fest, you’ve lost the thread.

I want unhinged shit like Antti Boman from Demilich, not yet another Lorna Shore wannabe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't understand all the different cores.

To me there's rock, metal, heavy metal, death metal.

Rock - acdc, aero, gnr
Metal - Sabbath, Ozzy, Metallica
Heavy metal - bls, hatebreed, pantera
Death - slaughter and all the other screamo shit
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#46]
To the several posts above, saw Lorna Shore live. Will absolutely killed it.

Do recommend if you have the chance
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DADGAD] [#47]
nvm
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jm0502:

I saw bury your dead with suicide silence, static x, mudvayne, black label, and dope.   That was a good concert.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jm0502:

Damn, I forgot about Static X. I jammed to them in the late 90s/early 00s. I probably haven't heard a Static X song in close to 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#49]
ALEX TERRIBLE - DOOM ETERNAL - BFG DIVISION by MICK GORDON (DEMON VOCAL COVER)
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Not really a fan of that type of music- yes I'm old. But, about 5 or 6  years ago I ran across his videos when he was doing remakes of mainstream songs and ended up ordering one of his mask for a Halloween costume. Took a couple months to get it made and sent from Russia, but the dude answered all my emails, seemed like a cool dude,  and actually made a pretty good mask. 😁Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top