Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The SE is incredible. My favorite module and boy will it be a big learning curve. Can't wait, the thing is an absolute wagon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BRS1912:
The SE is incredible. My favorite module and boy will it be a big learning curve. Can't wait, the thing is an absolute wagon.
View Quote
I'll always have a soft spot for the Hornet but damn the SE is something. 40k feet before you even know what's going on.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Work flows are a little odd in the SE and will take some getting used to- that said, it's so incredibly capable even in early access with a few bugs. I dropped so many CBUs I almost crashed my computer lmao.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MBentz:
Got it installed and most of the needed controls mapped. Looks like I need to brush up on my TGP laser skills. Got too used to the JDAMs in the F-16.
View Quote
No mapping for Master Arm??? Unlike every other module???? Either an Early Access issue or it's called something else.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Learning curve high on the 15E.  Still figuring out HOTAS mapping
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stoop:
No mapping for Master Arm??? Unlike every other module???? Either an Early Access issue or it's called something else.
View Quote

I’ve got Master Arm mapped to my WinWing F18 throttle. I’ll @ you tonight when I have time to look for it if you haven’t found it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MBentz:
Got it installed and most of the needed controls mapped. Looks like I need to brush up on my TGP laser skills. Got too used to the JDAMs in the F-16.

There is, Master Arm Switch: ARM
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
@Stoop It's under Armament Control, or you can search for Master Arm Switch ARM and Master Arms Switch SAFE.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone else having issues with the tgp? Can't seem to get it to hold onto point tracks. I have to drop LGBs and make sure the pod is pointing right. Maybe it's because I was just playing I'm the gulf and the desert ground is hot?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait until the TFR and the WSO seat get fleshed out. Holy Jesus its going to be something special.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Anyone else having issues with the tgp? Can't seem to get it to hold onto point tracks. I have to drop LGBs and make sure the pod is pointing right. Maybe it's because I was just playing I'm the gulf and the desert ground is hot?
View Quote

Yeah there's some sort of issue with LGBs currently. The drop line doesn't seem to match where the pod is pointing in a lot of cases. There's quite a few bugs atm, I'm treating this like training time so once the bugs are fixed I can get to it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Been fun watching the whole SE thing from the side, from an actual WSO's comments so far it's pretty solid, to the point some of its systems would be an improved training tool for IRL crews versus the available sims.

If you think the SE's radar model is fun just wait for the F-4E. All the Pulse, none of the Doppler. Hoping my plate becomes full soon with more Phantom painting and Tomcat painting/testing for MSFS. Maybe even some AI Intruder painting coming up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Been fun watching the whole SE thing from the side, from an actual WSO's comments so far it's pretty solid, to the point some of its systems would be an improved training tool for IRL crews versus the available sims.

If you think the SE's radar model is fun just wait for the F-4E. All the Pulse, none of the Doppler. Hoping my plate becomes full soon with more Phantom painting and Tomcat painting/testing for MSFS. Maybe even some AI Intruder painting coming up.
View Quote

Man the radar in the SE is wild. A coworker's husband is married to a WSO, I'm going to have him look at a couple videos and see what he says.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Man the radar in the SE is wild. A coworker's husband is married to a WSO, I'm going to have him look at a couple videos and see what he says.
View Quote

Since they had many SMEs working on the SE, and the guy that is doing all the Razbam tutorial is a former WSO, that the radar is pretty spot on for the APG70. Now they are getting the AESA radar which we won't see in DCS or ages lol.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Now when are they gonna give the navy a modern day 2 seater. I suck ass at boat work and want to sit in the back in something newer than the tomcat
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
Now when are they gonna give the navy a modern day 2 seater. I suck ass at boat work and want to sit in the back in something newer than the tomcat
View Quote
Doubt we'll be seeing FA18F any time soon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By marmelstien:

Which is odd, considering that the F/A-18C they're selling is comparable to an early F/A-18E/F.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell I'd settle for giving us the D model.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Lol. I bet it comes with that stupid australia map.... cuz... drumroll... the Aussies operate superbugs, and that map is their training area. Also wags has a hardon for the SH.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Yeah it's got issues with tracks at the moment. Then again lantirn wasnt the best at that when compared to modern TGPs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Lol. I bet it comes with that stupid australia map.... cuz... drumroll... the Aussies operate superbugs, and that map is their training area. Also wags has a hardon for the SH.
View Quote
He worked on Jane's F18 Hornet. Which one user has told me featured the SH. So it jives.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 2:46:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Picked up the Apache, Mustang and F-86 along with Syria since they were all on sale.

Now I need new rudder pedals and a new stick to finish off my new cockpit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
Picked up the Apache, Mustang and F-86 along with Syria since they were all on sale.

View Quote
Apache is easily one of my favorite modules. Though I really dig all the gunship rotaries.Though they recently changed the FM and it feels like the counter torque rotor is too powerful.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

MFG Crosswinds are pretty sweet. That's what I have.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 1:26:14 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
They better be for that price!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

I've been waiting for them to come back into stock. But they're going in my fighter pit... my collective is mounted on my GA pit since I couldn't figure out how to get the collective and CM3 mounted together in a satisfactory way.

I'll put my VKB pedals into the GA pit when I get the Crosswinds, since the VKBs are closer to heli pedals. Which actually works out since the new MSFS 2024 should have a lot of heli stuff
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:50:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BRS1912] [#28]

I've been waiting for them to come back into stock. But they're going in my fighter pit... my collective is mounted on my GA pit since I couldn't figure out how to get the collective and CM3 mounted together in a satisfactory way.

I'll put my VKB pedals into the GA pit when I get the Crosswinds, since the VKBs are closer to heli pedals. Which actually works out since the new MSFS 2024 should have a lot of heli stuff
View Quote

2 pits???? Lol just kidding, sounds like a sweet setup man. The stuff we have access to today is pretty crazy. Go back in time and tell your old self that you would have multiple sim pits and for some of us, VR.

Edit to add, get the hydraulic damper. I need to do that still, and people say it makes them even better.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:54:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#29]

2 pits???? Lol just kidding, sounds like a sweet setup man. The stuff we have access to today is pretty crazy. Go back in time and tell your old self that you would have multiple sim pits and for some of us, VR.

Edit to add, get the hydraulic damper. I need to do that still, and people say it makes them even better.
View All Quotes

No kidding. I remember playing this when it was the best thing around- flying a cube, shooting a pixel at another cube lol

Aces over Europe - Gameplay

JetFighter II (PC/DOS) 1990, Velocity

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mars87:
@Stoop It's under Armament Control, or you can search for Master Arm Switch ARM and Master Arms Switch SAFE.
View Quote
Thanks for that!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Since they had many SMEs working on the SE, and the guy that is doing all the Razbam tutorial is a former WSO, that the radar is pretty spot on for the APG70. Now they are getting the AESA radar which we won't see in DCS or ages lol.
View Quote
The Razbam former WSO was obviously never an instructor
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
He worked on Jane's F18 Hornet. Which one user has told me featured the SH. So it jives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Talking of maps, I wish we could get the full UK, Scandinavia, Iceland map.  I want to intercept Bears flying between the Scotland Iceland Gap
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Apache is easily one of my favorite modules. Though I really dig all the gunship rotaries.Though they recently changed the FM and it feels like the counter torque rotor is too powerful.
View Quote
I agree with that and also the new Gazelle model is ridiculously bad. If that is supposed to be realistic then I don't know I'll ever fly it again. I preferred it when it was a scalded cat that I could tame down with curves

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#34]
No kidding. I remember playing this when it was the best thing around- flying a cube, shooting a pixel at another cube lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhwmwewHqrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP6Of9pud3g
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhwmwewHqrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP6Of9pud3g
Jetfighter 2 - that looks like FA-18 Interceptor on the Amiga - which by the way had the best opening title music ... based on something obvious - though not an F14 sim!!

I played the shit out of this game!

F 18 Interceptor Amiga 500 opening Main Theme

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 4:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#35]

View All Quotes

3 pits actually. One for racing

And yeah I plan on a damper.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#36]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Whats a medium to medium/high end turnkey cock pit setup that you guys can reccomend? I'm not interested in building a to scale reproduction like some people i just want something I can sit in that approximates a cock pit layout and holds my devices.

Finally have an entire room to dedicate to guns/gaming in my new house.
View Quote

What equipment are you using?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#39]

mostly thrust master warthog stuff but id like to have options for others
View All Quotes

What equipment are you using?

mostly thrust master warthog stuff but id like to have options for others

I've had an Obutto Ozone. Currently I have an Obutto Revolution for DCS, a Next Level Racing Boeing military cockpit for GA/helis, and a GT Omega Art for racing.

The GT Omega with their XL seat is by far the most comfortable, and has options to add parts for flight sims. It's also the cheapest (with free shipping). The Next Level has the most options for the widest variety of sim gear, but the seat is a little less comfortable. The Obutto hurts my butto () after about an hour and a half with the stock seat; otherwise it's highly configurable with options for multiple monitor mounts and such. I'd say it's sturdier than the Next Level as far as mounting sticks and throttles too. It's also the most expensive. The older Ozone has less configurability and is simpler, but I actually liked it better.

I believe all three have options for Warthog-specific mounts.

If I had to do it over again, I'd start with an 80/20 aluminum cockpit base and go custom from there, to make sure I could do any setup I wanted. I might still do that later on, but I'm too invested in everything else right now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#40]
Whats a medium to medium/high end turnkey cock pit setup that you guys can reccomend? I'm not interested in building a to scale reproduction like some people i just want something I can sit in that approximates a cock pit layout and holds my devices.

Finally have an entire room to dedicate to guns/gaming in my new house.
View Quote

Winwing is decent. And for the most part has held up decently. Unlike my TM bullshit. That or virpil is also very good. I dont care for VKB.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:22:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#42]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#43]

i was looking at the next level racing one it seems to be popular. i just dont have the time or inclination to make something myself and i know if i start a project like that i would finish it for years.

Its more along the lines of what im talking about. I just dont know what other options there for that kind of product.

https://nextlevelracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/fs_militarty_web_1.webp
https://nextlevelracing.com/products/boeing-combat-flight-simulator/
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

The circled part, the side mounts for stick and throttle, are not quite as sturdy as the others I've used, i.e. they have tiny bit of wiggle to them by nature of the design. But they're not bad.

My main gripe with the NLR is that it was compatible with literally NONE of the equipment I use (VKB stick, VKB rudders, Virpil throttle, Virpil collective, no extended center stick mounting option) and though it claims compatibility with Honeycomb, neither the yoke nor throttles worked as I wished without modification. I was unbelievably frustrated. I vented to them and they were extremely nice and provided a recommendation for a user mod that I actually copied and made satisfactory enough.

However, using Warthog equipment as you have, SHOULDN'T be an issue.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#44]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177643/fs_militarty_web_1_2_jpg-2887960.JPG

The circled part, the side mounts for stick and throttle, are not quite as sturdy as the others I've used, i.e. they have tiny bit of wiggle to them by nature of the design. But they're not bad.

My main gripe with the NLR is that it was compatible with literally NONE of the equipment I use (VKB stick, VKB rudders, Virpil throttle, Virpil collective, no extended center stick mounting option) and though it claims compatibility with Honeycomb, neither the yoke nor throttles worked as I wished without modification. I was unbelievably frustrated. I vented to them and they were extremely nice and provided a recommendation for a user mod that I actually copied and made satisfactory enough.

View All Quotes

i was looking at the next level racing one it seems to be popular. i just dont have the time or inclination to make something myself and i know if i start a project like that i would finish it for years.

Its more along the lines of what im talking about. I just dont know what other options there for that kind of product.

https://nextlevelracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/fs_militarty_web_1.webp
https://nextlevelracing.com/products/boeing-combat-flight-simulator/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177643/fs_militarty_web_1_2_jpg-2887960.JPG

The LARPing is low quality with that.  They put a seatbelt on but don’t even try to source a lap belt that lip looks like a fighter’s and put fake riser connectors on.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#45]

sorry i should have been more clear i mean the part you sit in, just the bare bones structure. Ill add mfd's later but right now i just want something I can sit in aside from my computer desk so i dont have a keyboard and mouse in the way off my hotass and im not pushing rudder pedals around on the floor. I need new rudders i have cheap ones right now.
View Quote

ah in that case GL..
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

The LARPing is low quality with that.  They put a seatbelt on but don’t even try to source a lap belt that lip looks like a fighter’s and put fake riser connectors on.
View Quote

Heh, it's basically just a cheap car seatbelt connector
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#47]
is it pretty typical to not get a track on the radar in the F16 until about 20 miles or so?  I've been trying run it in TWS mode and I get updates via the link 16.  I play with the azimuth and elevation bars and still can't track an aircraft far out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#49]
are there other decent options? i just dont want to build something cuz i know myself i know i wont finish it if i go that route
View Quote

Monstertech seems decent but expensive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Pforty:
is it pretty typical to not get a track on the radar in the F16 until about 20 miles or so?  I've been trying run it in TWS mode and I get updates via the link 16.  I play with the azimuth and elevation bars and still can't track an aircraft far out.
View Quote

The viper radar is pretty shit irl. Its grossly overperforming in DCS.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top