BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pick up something like this: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9999-Brices-Creek-Rd-Flat-Lick-KY-40935/346264917_zpid/

Then call @canoeguy and get a cabin thrown up
View Quote

Funny enough I literally just came down off the mountain showing some property for sale. But at 455 acres it’s a tad more than the OP is looking for.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Scott County Virginia
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Northwest Arkansas. We were looking for just that but have shifted our planning. Look around the West Fork area; near Fayetteville for jobs, healthcare, restaurants, bars, etc. but only like 15-20 minutes away at most. I'd recommend buy land and building but you might get lucky and see something you like.
We were looking for something as a stopgap measure until retirement but decided to keep our home in Bentonville and look towards Bella Vista for retirement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Scott County Virginia
View Quote

I'll allow it since I am next door in Lee County.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It's possible in WI but you'll need luck on your side and not have the highest of expectations
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you want a conservative state or local area? Parts of Northern Michigan are conservative as the day is long, but left/far left at the state level. You'd want North of Midland and anything 25 miles East of Lake Michigan. West coast of Lower Peninsula will be expensive and getting full of lefties.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Co worker sold his tract house here for $350k, then paid the note off at $87k. Then found a nice house on 5ac in Oklahoma for $250k bought it free and clear. Even had some change left over. He then quit his job and retired to OK.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not Idaho
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Depends. Do you mind if your neighbors to either side of you have a side business selling meth?
View Quote

What about fixing lawnmowers?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
In ID you can get a one bed studio apartment with a tree in the common area, and a picture of a mountain between your hall closet and the half bath for 450K  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Somewhere in the Midwest, perhaps central Michigan. Budget for frequent car replacement and super home insulation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Somewhere in the Midwest, perhaps central Michigan. Budget for frequent car replacement and super home insulation.
View Quote

Don't forget budgeting heating costs as well, unless OP has a good supply of wood and the muscles to chop them up it's going to be expensive
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't forget budgeting heating costs as well, unless OP has a good supply of wood and the muscles to chop them up it's going to be expensive
View Quote

$1000/year isn’t a lot when it’s a really cold winter. This year was very mild so much less than $1000.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Lassen Co, California.

Yes its CA, but the area is as conservative as it gets.

$309K, 26acres and house:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/702-905-Baxter-Rd-Janesville-CA-96114/2063224576_zpid/

Of course you will want to factor in the crazy expensive fire insurance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scott County Virginia

I use to be in Washington county. Eastern KY is cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$450k and 10+ nice acres?  Does OP own a good tent?
View Quote

28 listings in NH which meet OP's budget and lot size.  Not only that, but we actually have trees and small mountains.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/New-Hampshire/type-single-family-home/lot-sqft-435600/price-na-450000?view=map

Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top