Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2023 4:09:50 AM EDT
Either with the present site, or down the road when the new redesigned site premiers:  Would it be possible to get buttons to post up embedded videos from Vimeo & Dailymotion, similar to the existing youtube and Rumble buttons?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Goatboy for your response.  I appreciate any consideration you can give to adding these features in the future if and when possible.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Depending on the site and their api, we could add these in the future. The biggest thing right now is with each embed on a page some of the video sites preload the video which means it hammers on folks bandwidth even if they dont want to watch the video. With youtube, we do not preload anything until you click play.
View Quote
I don't see any of the social medias giving a shit about this? to be fair, you can turn it off on almost all those sites, though.  Netflix comes to mind.

Couldn't you make it a user setting option to only display a link for sites that force autoplay?

Also, how real of a concern is bandwidth these days? I bet if you made floor mats for cars, you'd leave space on the left corner for the dimmer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top