BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thunderw21:

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should we murder before Republicans start winning again?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:
Abortion is the hill Republicans are going to die on.

It cost them 2022 and it's going to cost them in 2024

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should we murder before Republicans start winning again?

Yep
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By J-Dam:

Yep
View Quote

Not arguing for eugenics.

But just for shits and grins, what do you think America would look like without those 70M abortions?

More educated, less crime, less welfare recipients, better schools, lower prison population…?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Abortion will cost the republicans the election.  People want to make their own decisions and not being told how they live.   abortion is between yourself and God.

Women want choice.  It cost them the last election and it will cost them this one too
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

If you want to implement policy about that, you have to--brace yourself for this one--WIN THE ELECTION FIRST.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RifleCal30m1n00b:

If you want to implement policy about that, you have to--brace yourself for this one--WIN THE ELECTION FIRST.
View All Quotes

If you want to keep that policy and a majority in government you need to convince about 70 percent of America that a first trimester fetus is a person.  Which isn't going to happen anytime soon since most people base that opinion on the fact that there is no brain activity to make conscious thought possible before 15 weeks. That is an undeniable fact and none of the pro lifers have any convincing arguments against that.  Usually just sidestep or dodge the subject completely and scream baby killer like a toddler not getting their way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

"We"? Sounds like you've been busy. Personally I haven't murdered any, so I'm not on board with throwing away elections over the issue.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#7]
to those who treat this bogus uniparty article as legit- stop panicking.  they managed to triangulate with IVF in this one specific instance.  

no more dead babies and no more biden.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convicing the world he didn't exist - Usual Suspects
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:07:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#11]

View Quote

Stop acting like Republicans have never controlled congress and the presidency before. They've controlled them 3 times in the last 20 years, yet they've done nothing about abortion or anything, really.

108th (2003–2005)
109th (2005–2007)
115th (2017–2019)

We're so worried about "the next election!" that we lost the culture. And for what? So the same pathetic Republicans can get elected again? One of my congressmen, Senator Grassley, has been in office longer than I've been alive, and I'm almost 40! Yet voters keep sending him back even though he's 90 and hasn't done anything of value.

How many more elections do you think it'll take before Republicans do anything?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By iveseenalittleontv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LK2M0SbWt4
View Quote

Nefarious (2023) - the best scene in the movie (why evil has already won against the human race)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By neostoicism:
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Look instead at what we would be now, had people been held accountable for their actions since 1970.

More shotgun weddings.  

Less single moms on welfare.

Less crime, because there would be more fathers in the house.

Less dependency on the government.

The areas and demographics with the most abortions also have the most single moms on welfare.

View Quote

Abortion is a symptom of the disease.

Attack the disease and the symptoms go away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Let the abortion issue go, i don't give a shit about it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

Yes.

Thats the Consevative slogan in a nutshell: give up and become a democrat to win.
View Quote

Your ideals and morals mean shit if you dont win elections
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

So compromise your ideals and morals to win.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#22]

View All Quotes

Yep, and that's what the Republicans have been doing for decades. We've been doing the compromise strategy for years and what do we have to show for it?  Gutless aging politicians who should have retired 20 years ago and nothing else. Absolutely nothing else. The Left is running rampant because of this compromise strategy these guys in this thread are pushing.

Talk about blind. The Left never compromises, and that's why they win. They don't care if they lose an election, because they're winning the culture. And because they're winning the culture, they get elections thrown in as well.

But we have to compromise, again, so we can "win the next election!!!!1!". We're so addicted to 'winning' on the right, we don't care who or what we win with. It could be a lifelong New York liberal, just as long as he has an R after his name, and our side would root for him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Yep, and that's what the Republicans have been doing for decades. We've been doing the compromise strategy for years and what do we have to show for it?  Gutless aging politicians who should have retired 20 years ago and nothing else. Absolutely nothing else. The Left is running rampant because of this compromise strategy these guys in this thread are pushing.

Talk about blind. The Left never compromises, and that's why they win. They don't care if they lose an election, because they're winning the culture. And because they're winning the culture, they get elections thrown in as well.

But we have to compromise, again, so we can "win the next election!!!!1!". We're so addicted to 'winning' on the right, we don't care who or what we win with. It could be a lifelong New York liberal, just as long as he has an R after his name, and our side would root for him.
View Quote

And the Left also knows when an issue is a campaign loser, I.E gun control. Look at the Dems that have campaigned on gun control. the vast majority of them lost their election.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#24]
If our country has a majority in favor of killing babies, so be it. There is no redeeming qualities that override that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I will say its pretty clear that the argument that an undeveloped fetus has the same sanctity as a human life does not work. That argument does not hold its weight with most people. Yet over and over again people in this thread make that argument and it bounces off. To me and most people, the bodily autonomy and family planning aspect is much more important. A pregnancy that occurs before the women is ready is not a pregnancy that's wanted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HotHolster] [#26]
Politicians need to remove themselves from the abortion issue. While I am per se opposed to abortions, I also realize that circumstances to the individual is also their right. And I also realize that common sense on both parties, man and woman, could reduce the amount of abortions and unwanted pregnancies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Imagine taking a position that protects the life and rights of the unborn child. You know, those things mentioned in the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

I mean, imagine taking a position on the issue that values individual choice over government regulation.

Imagine taking a position that protects the life and rights of the unborn child. You know, those things mentioned in the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.

Hm.   I just read the first ten amendments and the DOI, and I see no mention of unborn children.  I do, however, remember those same founders thought abortion was a personal decision and even published instructions to DIY the task.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Abortion is evil.  If you support it, I can’t support you.  However, I can pray for you.

If support for this particular form of Baal worshipping is required for political power, burn the entire country to the ground.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:
Alabama wins purple state legislature seat, running primarily on abortion rights.

32 point swing from 2022.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/26/abortion-winning-strategy-alabama-democrat-00149205
View Quote

Local election, incumbent was arrested and charged. Special election in an unimportant race.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:25:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AXE0FWAR] [#30]

I will say its pretty clear that the argument that an undeveloped fetus has the same sanctity as a human life does not work. That argument does not hold its weight with most people. Yet over and over again people in this thread make that argument and it bounces off. To me and most people, the bodily autonomy and family planning aspect is much more important. A pregnancy that occurs before the women is ready is not a pregnancy that's wanted.
View Quote

Dude, go away.

I find your beliefs, especially on the grooming of kids, repugnant and won’t regard you further.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Colt1860:
When we finally have that civil war that you guys fantasize about, I wonder how many of you will refuse to fight because you can't win in exactly the way you feel you're entitled to.
View Quote

hesrightyouknow.jpeg
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Calling a 3 week old fetus a baby is the equivalent to the news saying that a “teen” committed a murder.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:33:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#33]
Abortion is the hill Republicans died on.
View Quote

FIFY.

Let leftists remove themselves from the gene pool. It’s on god to judge them, not you. There is no future where they all suddenly decide we were right. There is no future where tens of millions of extra democrats is good for our country.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:
Calling a 3 week old fetus a baby is the equivalent to the news saying that a “teen” committed a murder.
View Quote

Lol, maybe you should understand the terms you are using prior to criticizing others for how they use them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Stop acting like Republicans have never controlled congress and the presidency before. They've controlled them 3 times in the last 20 years, yet they've done nothing about abortion or anything, really.

108th (2003–2005)
109th (2005–2007)
115th (2017–2019)

We're so worried about "the next election!" that we lost the culture. And for what? So the same pathetic Republicans can get elected again? One of my congressmen, Senator Grassley, has been in office longer than I've been alive, and I'm almost 40! Yet voters keep sending him back even though he's 90 and hasn't done anything of value.

View All Quotes

108th (2003–2005)
109th (2005–2007)
115th (2017–2019)

It's going.to hard for them to win when they ignore their own internal polling
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-have-an-internal-polling-problem/ar-BB1kCLZI

"No Seymore it's the children that are wrong"

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#36]

I will say it’s pretty clear that the argument that an undeveloped fetus has the same sanctity as a human life does not work. That argument does not hold its weight with most people. Yet over and over again people in this thread make that argument and it bounces off. To me and most people, the bodily autonomy and family planning aspect is much more important. A pregnancy that occurs before the women is ready is not a pregnancy that's wanted.
View Quote

I can only pray that you will someday see things differently.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#37]
A lot of you autistically screech over abortion, but once the kid is born, it's "fuck them welfare rats", and "mUh tAx dOLLaRs!".
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:51:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#38]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

If killing child undesirables bettered the nation, shouldn’t we kill all the adult undesirables then?
View Quote

That’s a great idea. Cull the 18 year olds that haven’t earned a legitimate B average through a rigorous curriculum, cull everyone vs house them in institutions,
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#40]
Originally Posted By The_Walrus:
A lot of you autistically screech over abortion, but once the kid is born, it's "fuck them welfare rats", and "mUh tAx dOLLaRs!".
View Quote

Psychology reflection much?

Abortion abolitionists/pro-lifers/Christians are the most giving people in America. I personally know multiple families in my church and family who have fostered and/or adopted several kids.

https://philanthropydaily.com/new-study-religious-faith-and-reading-the-bible-increases-generosity/

And there are a bunch of organizations out there, including my church, that help families and kids after birth, as well as before.

https://preborn.com/

https://www.humancoalition.org/

https://letthemlive.org/

https://endabortionnow.com/

Stop spewing lies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Monster you are and anyone that thinks like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Abortion abolitionists/pro-lifers/Christians are the most giving people in America. I personally know multiple families in my church and family who have fostered and/or adopted several kids.

https://philanthropydaily.com/new-study-religious-faith-and-reading-the-bible-increases-generosity/

And there are a bunch of organizations out there, including my church, that help families and kids after birth, as well as before.

Stop spewing lies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Walrus:

Stop spewing lies.

That's great. You guys probably prevented a few abortions.  Feel proud.  But don't push laws on other people because you are handing power to democrats who will oppress us all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#43]

I understand the pro-life position perfectly. And I respect it.

Ultimately you have to decide if you value a grown, developed, adult human more, or a non-viable developing fetus more. There are situations where you have to prioritize the well-being of one over the other.
View All Quotes

I understand the pro-life position perfectly. And I respect it.

Ultimately you have to decide if you value a grown, developed, adult human more, or a non-viable developing fetus more. There are situations where you have to prioritize the well-being of one over the other.

In the case of health of the mother I am fine with abortion. Seems like self-defense. In any other case I am not fine with it that is the only exception in my opinion.

I believe it to be wrong. And while I certainly want the government out of our life and I stand with the position of less regulation almost in every reasonable case, I believe this is more similar to banning murder rape or arson. It is a crime against another.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:

Abortions were taking place when Jesus walked the earth. It seems he might have mentioned something about it if it was so evil.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
Originally Posted By 80085:

I don’t recall anything in those documents about unborn fetuses. And moreover laws related to abortion didn’t even exist until the 1800’s. Abortion was widely known and practiced during the founding of this country yet it was never contemplated in the Declaration of Independence nor the Bill of Rights.

Abortions were taking place when Jesus walked the earth. It seems he might have mentioned something about it if it was so evil.

While it may have been taking place then I don't think it was anywhere near as common and normalized as today.

There's a lot Jesus didn't touch on or talk about. I wouldn't read into that justification or approval.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#45]

When 12 year old Susie gets knocked up by uncle Cletus, most Americans have absolutely zero qualms about terminating that pregnancy if that's what she wants. And I'm one of them. I understand not everybody agrees.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Ayup, I certainly don't want the government interfering with my individual choice to kill people that are inconvenient to me.

When 12 year old Susie gets knocked up by uncle Cletus, most Americans have absolutely zero qualms about terminating that pregnancy if that's what she wants. And I'm one of them. I understand not everybody agrees.
Instead we should let the baby live, and feed uncle Cletus into a woodchipper feet first... and set on slow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:40:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#46]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

That's great. You guys probably prevented a few abortions.  Feel proud.  But don't push laws on other people because you are handing power to democrats who will oppress us all.
View Quote

Don't protect the unborn, you mean?

Newsflash: both the Republicans and Democrats are currently oppressing you. Don't act like the Republicans are some kind of defenders of freedom; the two parties are different sides of the same coin and they both hate us little people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Almost all legislation is on topics that have countless unknowns and unforeseen circumstances. Take homicide for example. There is legal, justifiable homicide and illegal homicide (murder). A process exists to differentiate between the two.

Legislators can surely craft law that defines medical necessity. In fact, the Florida law simply requires two doctors, any two, to agree on it's necessity.  

View All Quotes

I'll concede this very specific and rare scenario as long as we get to terminate Cletus as well.

Now what about the other 99.99999% of abortions?

That's the thing.

You can't satisfactorily legislate a topic that includes the possibility for countless unknown or unforeseen circumstances.

"Medical necessity". Sounds great in theory. In reality, what does that mean? Who decides it? What if different doctors give different opinions?

I don't like abortion. I despise it actually, especially as a form of birth control. But what I despise even more is government regulation on things I believe they have no business regulating, and as such I will almost always err on the side of individual choice.

Almost all legislation is on topics that have countless unknowns and unforeseen circumstances. Take homicide for example. There is legal, justifiable homicide and illegal homicide (murder). A process exists to differentiate between the two.

Legislators can surely craft law that defines medical necessity. In fact, the Florida law simply requires two doctors, any two, to agree on it's necessity.  

And up in Canada... they are already trying to euthanize poor people.
There have been many cases of people being pressured into euthanasia.

Thats what happens when you start down the road of allowing humans to determine what life is worth recognizing as human life.

FFS, they offered a handicapped man EUTHANASIA as an alternative to A FUCKING WHEELCHAIR RAMP HE REQUESTED. But yeah, go ahead. Tell us how we need to give the government more discretion on defining "human life". Lets keep devaluing the value of human life.

Eventually, it wont even be a choice. The government will just force euthanasia on people... and even claim they're being "compassionate".
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#48]
only 2% of the population came out to vote on the election because it was not advertised exepct on the local news.  You know not alot of people watch commercials any longer.

Facebook and google ads would work better
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Dogsoldier03:

Except if you murder a pregnant woman, you can be charged for double murder.... so which is it?!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dogsoldier03:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Yep, that's the fundamental difference right there that nobody seems to catch.  Everybody believes murder of a human is bad.  Most people don't believe a fetus is a human.  Cry tears saying  that it is, isn't actually working.  Texas didn't help - there was a case where a pregnant woman took the HOV lane, and had to pay a ticket.  She claimed the fetus was a human, thus there were two humans in the car.  Texas said that doesn't count as a human in the car.  She had to pay the ticket.

I thought it was a human Texas.

Federal IRS taxes - same thing.  It's not a human on your taxes, until its born.  

Somewhat hinky examples, but the point remains - a fetus is not defined and treated as a human. Until that is unerversally accepted that it is - this is a losing fight.  So far, that isn't working - and I doubt it ever will.

Except if you murder a pregnant woman, you can be charged for double murder.... so which is it?!
Yeah, and while you might not be able to claim an unborn child on your taxes... you can definitely qualify for certain benefits on the basis of being pregnant.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#50]

If killing child undesirables bettered the nation, shouldn’t we kill all the adult undesirables then?
View All Quotes

Not arguing for eugenics.

But just for shits and grins, what do you think America would look like without those 70M abortions?

More educated, less crime, less welfare recipients, better schools, lower prison population…?

You know that’s not really the point he was making.  

The point was the generational conception-to-grave social and economic cost of those 70 million unwanted children.

That’s why most Republicans amuse the shit out of me.

They demand an end to abortion, while simultaneously demanding an end to the safety net that would assume the cost of those unwanted babies.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top