Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 3/27/2024 8:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CreamCheesePizza]
Alabama wins purple state legislature seat, running primarily on abortion rights.

32 point swing from 2022.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/26/abortion-winning-strategy-alabama-democrat-00149205
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Abortion is the hill Republicans are going to die on.

It cost them 2022 and it's going to cost them in 2024
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:

View Quote

It's definitely hurting Republicans a lot, but I'm not sure if it will cost them the 2024 election. Biden's incompetence and senility, plus backlash against illegals, has a chance to offset it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:56:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#3]

View Quote

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more should we murder before Republicans start winning again?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

It's definitely hurting Republicans a lot, but I'm not sure if it will cost them the 2024 election. Biden's incompetence and senility, plus backlash against illegals, has a chance to offset it.
View Quote

Never underestimate some women's desire to murder their own child.

Or their perception that she is a "strong, independent woman" for doing so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Im seeing the increase the retirement age thing a lot.
Young people on social media are being told they cant retire until 70 if republicans win.
Larry Fink from blackrock was going on about it this morning as well.
You know he wants a Biden win to rebuild the Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Conservatism isn't really about politics anymore.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Brainwashed Whores . I wonder if they go to church on Sundays… probably not .
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Colt1860:
Conservatism isn't really about politics anymore.
View Quote

Conservatism is really just an empty word these days., federally speaking.

I do believe there are still some good ones at state level.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:

View Quote

What should be their punishment in that case?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I'm sure there is some apostate church out there to reassure them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#12]
FPNI
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

This,

I know plenty of conservative women who voted Democrat in the 2022 election specifically because of abortion. One tole me "I would probably never do it, but i want to have the ability to do it"
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#14]
This country and its people sure love murdering innocent babies. When we hit 100 million babies murdered do we get a party?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By neostoicism:
Once Republicans change all their values to be identical to Democrats “to win elections”, why should I vote for Republicans?

Does a Republican holding a seat have any value if they vote the same way, and hold the same values as a Democrat?
View Quote

Getting 100% of what you want and denying the other side everything has never been how politics works.  We've never had a situation where we won an election so the other side had to get on boats and leave the country.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By thunderw21:

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more do we have to murder before Republicans start winning again?
View Quote

It's simple, don't talk about it, don't talk about restricting it, don't talk about outright banning it during elections. is lose lose for republicans.

Just like the democrats hawk about gun control, but then it's barely a subject during their election campaigns.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Madison County’s growth is fueled by the government jobs.

In 2 years both people from northern Virginia will be there to make it solid blue.

She didn’t win the south, she won once enough people moved in to put her in office.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#18]
What a stupid hill to die on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Ah yes “ New Age “ to the rescue. This aint yo Daddys church,
Girl ! You deserve to be happy , Bitch !!! Hallelujah!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

This, win first, implement policy after you win a majority and the POTUS.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:19:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#21]

It's simple, don't talk about it, don't talk about restricting it, don't talk about outright banning it during elections. is lose lose for republicans.

Just like the democrats hawk about gun control, but then it's barely a subject during their election campaigns.

View Quote

Ah, so roll over like a bitch and hope something happens, like we've done for decades? When do we actually get to talk about it? Republicans had control of congress 2 years under Trump and nothing happened. Republicans aren't going to abolish abortion because they profit from it being an issue.

We let abortion exist for 50 years. We were too gutless to do anything then, and over 70 million babies were murdered. We tried that strategy and it led to a genocide.

We need to talk about it constantly. Never stop talking about it. Confront the culture. Let the gutless Republicans lose. They weren't going to do anything anyways. Winnow the chaff from the wheat.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:

View Quote

Like they did when the Rs controlled congress for 2 years under Trump?

Laughable.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Or, and hear me out, leave it between the woman and her religion. Forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to term through force will always be an overall loser, both ethically and at the polls. From a legal perspective, leave it at "civil rights and personhood are bestowed at birth."
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Ah, so roll over like a bitch and hope something happens, like we've done for decades?When do we actually get to talk about it? Republicans had control of congress 2 years under Trump and nothing happened. Republicans aren't going to abolish abortion because they profit from it being an issue.

We let abortion exist for 50 years. We were too gutless to do anything then, and over 70 million babies were murdered. We tried that strategy and it led to a genocide.

We need to talk about it constantly. Never stop talking about it. Confront the culture. Let the gutless Republicans lose. They weren't going to do anything anyways. Winnow the chaff from the wheat.
View Quote

Roe vs. Wade concealed peoples real views on abortion and reproductive rights. Now that the SC took the hood off, I think its pretty clear that Americans by and large support abortion rights.

Especially now that some of those evangelical states dipped too deeply and started going after the pill and IFV, which is frankly an insane thing to do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:24:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PTR32Sooner] [#25]

Ah, so roll over like a bitch and hope something happens, like we've done for decades? When do we actually get to talk about it? Republicans had control of congress 2 years under Trump and nothing happened. Republicans aren't going to abolish abortion because they profit from it being an issue.

View All Quotes

Do this, and Republican's will never win another election.

If R's could get off their high horse and agree to abortion, say 1st trimester, they could completely end the debate and claim a win.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Adapt or die.

Just like gun control.  If you don’t like guns, fine. Don’t own one.  If you don’t like abortion, fine.  Don’t get one.   Just don’t micromanage what I can do and own.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Getting 100% of what you want and denying the other side everything has never been how politics works.  We've never had a situation where we won an election so the other side had to get on boats and leave the country.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By neostoicism:

Really? Maybe not for the GOP but that's the winning game-plan for Dems. Once a state goes hard left, plenty of outright denials of 2nd Amendment rights going on right now. CA, OR, NY, IL, WA is the guide.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#28]

This,

I know plenty of conservative women who voted Democrat in the 2022 election specifically because of abortion. One tole me "I would probably never do it, but i want to have the ability to do it"
View Quote

Ask them why they probably would never do it.

Then ask them why they want to be able to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#29]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

Roe vs. Wade concealed peoples real views on abortion and reproductive rights. Now that the SC took the hood off, I think its pretty clear that Americans by and large support abortion rights.

Especially now that some of those evangelical states dipped too deeply and started going after the pill and IFV, which is frankly an insane thing to do.
View Quote

I don't care if most Americans support baby murder. It's still evil. Allowing people (who would never vote R in the first place) to murdered innocent babies in a futile attempt to get weak-willed Rs into office is the most insane and futile utilitarian strategy around.

Yes, let's tiptoe around the Leftists, make sure we don't upset them while they sacrifice children so that we can get the likes of Mitch McConnell into office. Brilliant.

If defending innocent children is what takes down the Rrpublican Party, so be it. If that happens, then America as we know it is too far gone and not worth saving. The Republicans aren't going to save it anyways.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Just a thought.  If all babies are indeed God’s children perhaps one might consider moving to India and getting to work.  

17 million there vs 1 million annually in the US.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JamesTheScot:

View Quote

I would posit the answers would somewhat coincide with my stance on the COVID vax.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Do this, and Republican's will never win another election.

If R's could get off their high horse and agree to abortion, say 1st trimester, they could completely end the debate and claim a win.
View Quote

Then they don't deserve to win another election. Yes, just keep giving up ground on issues. Have you ever noticed things always slide to the Left and never to the Right? That's because the Right always does what you are saying, and gives up a little piece here, a little piece there, until it has no ground upon which to stand. The Republican Party of today is where the Democrats were 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#33]

I don't care if most Americans support baby murder. It's still evil. Allowing people (who would never vote R in the first place) to murdered innocent babies in a futile attempt to get weak-willed Rs into office is the most insane and futile utilitarian strategy around.

Yes, let's tiptoe around the Leftists, make sure we don't upset them while they sacrifice children so that we can get the likes of Mitch McConnell into office. Brilliant.

If defending innocent children is what takes down the Rrpublican Party, so be it. If that happens, then America as we know it is too far gone and not worth saving. The Republicans aren't going to save it anyways.
View Quote

That's your view, others have theirs. Please stop forcing your views on others.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#34]
This abortion issue is dragging some conservative women towards the Democrats.  This really pissed a lot of every day women off. Especially Idaho with outlawing all abortion, except in emergency.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Republicans can either change their abortion position or continue to lose elections . . . meaning they will also continue to lose on issues like immigration and guns, trans crap, DEI, foreign wars, tax policy, surveillance, and on and on and on.

It's a stupid hill to die on, but die on it the right will.  It's idiotic.

Abortion will continue, just with a bigger liberal majority in power, and all other rights will be gone as well. Then,  the right can brag about their moral superiority while paying even more taxes and funding everything they despise.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

We've murdered over 70 million babies the last 50 years. How many more do we have to murder before Republicans start winning again?

Yeah, of course it doesn't help that during election years the media use abortion to beat Republicans over the head or just say "anti-abortion republican.....".  Meanwhile they will never question a democrat about all the guns they want to ban at election time either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:36:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#37]
Originally Posted By CreamCheesePizza:

That's your view, others have theirs. Please stop forcing your views on others.
View Quote

Nice subjective morality. Please stop supporting genocide.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:

Really? Maybe not for the GOP but that's the winning game-plan for Dems. Once a state goes hard left, plenty of outright denials of 2nd Amendment rights going on right now. CA, OR, NY, IL, WA is the guide.
View Quote

The difference there is that they're winning.  We can't lose the culture and lose elections and still expect to get our way.  Holding our breath and stomping our little feet isn't going to work.  

We especially can't say that if we don't get exactly what we want in the way that we want to get it or else we're going to refuse to play.  The left will gladly accept those terms.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JimEb:
Adapt or die.

Just like gun control.  If you don’t like guns, fine. Don’t own one.  If you don’t like abortion, fine.  Don’t get one.   Just don’t micromanage what I can do and own.
View Quote

Which one is explicitly protected by the Constitution?

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Nice subjective morality. Please stop supporting genocide.
View Quote

Please stop forcing women to give birth against their will.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Because it is a choice that should rest entirely with the woman, in consultation with whomever she wishes, depending on circumstances that may be completely unpredictable and unfortunate. Not a decision to be made some fat old men in the legislature for her.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Carpe_Carp:
Republicans can either change their abortion position or continue to lose elections . . . meaning they will also continue to lose on issues like immigration and guns, trans crap, DEI, foreign wars, tax policy, surveillance, and on and on and on.

It's a stupid hill to die on, but die on it the right will.  It's idiotic.

Abortion will continue, just with a bigger liberal majority in power, and all other rights will be gone as well. Then,  the right can brag about their moral superiority while paying even more taxes and funding everything they despise.

View Quote

So just become a democrat.

Got it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
This abortion issue is dragging some conservative women towards the Democrats.  This really pissed a lot of every day women off. Especially Idaho with outlawing all abortion, except in emergency.
View Quote

Been trying to tell them.

But for some, it’s the hill to die one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:39:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#44]
Originally Posted By macros73:

Or, and hear me out, leave it between the woman and her religion. Forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to term through force will always be an overall loser, both ethically and at the polls. From a legal perspective, leave it at "civil rights and personhood are bestowed at birth."
View Quote

Allowing a mother to murder her baby is the ethical choice?

What about the unalienable right to life. You know, the FIRST thing our forefathers ever mentioned in kicking off the USA?

GD gonna GD.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Really bad so many women have no problem killing babies!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#46]

This,

View All Quotes

This,

Those women aren’t conservative.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:This,
View Quote
Women don’t view abortion as anti-baby, they view it as anti-patriarchy (or however you want to phrase men, including bad men, having ultimate power). That allows the cognitive dissonance. Politics is downstream of culture and in most areas you aren’t there yet.

Pretty sure this will end with the RvW days being overall less permissive of abortion than whatever we wind up with after the abolitionists get used as a reverse Libs of TikTok for every dem campaign ad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Worth it.

If babies have to die to keep open a free market and personal liberty we're already damned.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Allowing a mother to murder her baby is the ethical choice?

What about the unalienable right to life. You know, the FIRST thing our forefathers ever mentioned in kicking off the USA?

GD gonna GD.
View Quote

Should a woman be forced to give birth to their rapists child? Should a child who was raped forced to give birth? What about nonviable births? Births that may pose a risk to the life of the mother?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

This,

No  woman  wants to be told what they can or cant do  when a completely life changing event happens like a pregnancy .   Im not agreeing with it or disagreeing with it.  Im sure Ill get flamed for it but thats the facts.     I like the idea of the morning after pill myself and even its being threatened.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top