Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 537
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 10:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevyn] [#1]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
From the fox article:
“The latest twist in the tug of war over Department of Justice documents central to the investigation of Operation Fast and Furious came Friday evening, when a top Justice official refused a congressional request for subpoenaed documents and blamed GOP lawmakers over the leaking of sensitive information,” CNN reported Friday.

In a letter to Rep. Darrell Issa, R-California, and Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich suggested that sensitive information relating to ongoing investigations is coming from their staffs.

Late Friday, Department of Justice Assistant Attorney General Ron Weich warned Issa, ‘We are deeply disturbed that the sensitive law enforcement information…has entered the public realm,’” William La Jeunesse of Fox News revealed.

He said it is impeding the DOJ’s prosecution of current criminal cases arising from Fast and Furious.

A Congressional spokesperson for Issa made no apologies, saying the documents being leaked to the committee “are precisely what the Justice Department is hiding and what congressional investigators are seeking – basic information about who knew what when about Fast and Furious.

Reminds me of the following exchange (skip  to 2:36)
McHenry to AG Holder: 13 Months After The Fact, What Action Will You Take & When?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7aC9hB0gfc

Basically, the regime has told the elected representatives of the United States Congress to piss off, we're not going to comply with your demands for information.

Nice.

Gotta love that arrogance and hubris.

"... Aristotle  defined hubris as shaming the victim, not because anything happened to you or might happen to you, but merely for your own gratification.[2] Hubris is not the requital of past injuries—that is revenge. As for the pleasure in hubris, its cause is this: men think that by ill-treating others they make their own superiority the greater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris

Pray

"Seest thou how God with his lightning smites always the bigger animals, and will not suffer them to wax insolent, while those of a lesser bulk chafe him not? How likewise his bolts fall ever on the highest houses and the tallest trees? So plainly does He love to bring down everything that exalts itself. Thus ofttimes a mighty host is discomfited by a few men, when God in his jealousy sends fear or storm from heaven, and they perish in a way unworthy of them. For God allows no one to have high thoughts but Himself.

Heroditus

Link Posted: 3/25/2012 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe God is removing His hand of protection from our once great nation. We were founded on Judea-Christian beliefs, the Bible and God Himself. Fast forward to the late 50's/early 60's and we saw the beginning of God being removed from everything in our country. As one well known pastor said many years ago, "If God doesn't hurry up and judge America, He's going to owe Sodom and Gomorrah an apology".

I believe this is true.

Link Posted: 3/25/2012 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]

From Obamaclock.org

Countdown until Obama leaves Office

300 Days, 22 Hours, 58 Minutes, 00 Seconds.

Link Posted: 3/25/2012 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hedonist:
From Obamaclock.org

God willin' and right-thinkin' America votin '  !!!!

'03
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By polymer4me:

Kind of reminds me of Whitey Bulger, the Irish mob boss from south Boston, who the FBI protected for over a decade during the 80's and early 90s (while allowing him to continue running the Irish mob). Now, over two decades later, we see the FBI is still up to their old tricks

Great analogy, except IIRC Bulger wasn't allowed to traverse borders in an unmonitored fashion, and might not have been directly on the hook for as many homicides.

I still have no knowledge of any cop - ANY cop - with whom I ever worked, who would've countenanced any of the miscreancies we know of, so far. But we were just city/county/State guys in a big, low-population rural area....I shudder to think what would have happened had we conducted business in this manner. Charlie-foxtrot, indeed.

Hell, I personally booked one of my best CIs after he smacked his old lady around; stupid fucker got more time for this (plus the gun in the house he wasn't supposed to have) than the dope case he had hanging.

I'm to the point where I'm not sure if keeping tabs upon this thread is killing me, or keeping me alive. I do know now, that there is such a thing as episodically unrequited rage.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gatorhunt:

From Obamaclock.org

Are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

Sorry, I'm a little impatient.

As are we all...  and the only way to get there, is for everyone to contact everyone they can, and get the vote out, for ANYone who can trounce the current dictator-in-chief...

some are better, marginally, than others, but we gotta get this one....

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe God is removing His hand of protection from our once great nation. We were founded on Judea-Christian beliefs, the Bible and God Himself. Fast forward to the late 50's/early 60's and we saw the beginning of God being removed from everything in our country. As one well known pastor said many years ago, "If God doesn't hurry up and judge America, He's going to owe Sodom and Gomorrah an apology".

I believe this is true.

We were founded on Religious freedom actually...
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MattDamnit:

I believe this is true.

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political
institutions upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of
God."
James Madison

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure
(and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."
Charles Carroll, signer of the Declaration of Independence

"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instruction
and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity."
Daniel Webster
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#10]
People, you will get little or no argument from me on the above discussion of Christianity roll in the US government,  however this is a thread on ATF Gun Walking, please stick to the topic.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By scottedward58:

I believe this is true.

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political
institutions upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of
God."
James Madison

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure
(and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

"If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instruction
and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity."
Daniel Webster

I could just as easily go find random shit that someone said in the past. I believe in God and am Catholic. But just because I believe something doesn't mean I should try to push it onto others. People came over here to have religious freedom, this country was founded on that. The problems that this country faces are not that of taking God out of everything, it's not following the simple things God wanted. You don't have to believe in God to treat people like you want to be treated and to not steal.  Separating church and state doesn't mean you can't worship how you want. It means people can live their life without having you or anyone else push their ideas onto them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hugh1:
People, you will get little or no argument from me on the above discussion of Christianity roll in the US government,  however this is a thread on ATF Gun Walking, please stick to the topic.

Thanks

This guys right. My bad.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By limaxray:
Townhall: Survey Results Show ATF Leadership Has an Honesty and Integrity Problem
Earlier this week, ATF special agents were sent email notifications about the need for "feedback on ATF Senior Leadership." The email read in part:

"Within the next few days, the Office of Human Resources and Professional Development (HRPD) will be issuing a survey to all employees concerning ATF's senior leadership. Late last year, ATF received the results of the 2011 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (EVS). A key area in which ATF fell short was leadership. Most troubling were responses to the question -"My senior leaders maintain high standards of honesty and integrity." The honesty and integrity of senior leadership is fundamental to the success of any organization. Given recent changes to ATF senior leadership, we want to reassess views on this issue and gather information on the specific behaviors which influence both positive and negative responses to this question. Responses will be anonymous, but will be shared with the ATF Executive Staff and field leadership. The Executive Staff is committed to using the feedback from this survey to determine what actions should be taken to address this critical issue."
more at link.

Translation for the general public:  Look, we're DOING SOMETHING!  Look at our survey, it shows how much we CARE!  Pay no attention to that corruption behind the curtain!

Any bets on whether the results of this survey are A) accurate, and B) if they are, ever see the light of day?

There's also the possibility employees question the anonymity of the surveys (if they're presented as anonymous surveys) which would affect an employees answers, and the impact of the firing of F&F whistleblowers showing the ATF is in the business of vindictive retribution.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]

excerpt:

"I gave them a low rating," said an ATF manager who spoke to FoxNews.com on condition of anonymity.

"In the midst of the Fast and Furious investigation... [ATF leadership] sent a letter to Senator [Charles] Grassley [R-Iowa], saying ‘these whistleblowers are lying,’" he explained. "There's no integrity."

He added that while ATF says it has now replaced old leadership with new players, the old leaders never get fired.

"Where are we, 15, 16 months outside of Brian Terry's murder? Nobody's been held accountable for anything," he said, referring to a border patrol agent who was killed with an illegal weapon that was allowed to enter Mexico as part of operation Fast and Furious.

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By david_g17:

excerpt:

"I gave them a low rating," said an ATF manager who spoke to FoxNews.com on condition of anonymity.

"In the midst of the Fast and Furious investigation... [ATF leadership] sent a letter to Senator [Charles] Grassley [R-Iowa], saying ‘these whistleblowers are lying,’" he explained. "There's no integrity."

He added that while ATF says it has now replaced old leadership with new players, the old leaders never get fired.

"Where are we, 15, 16 months outside of Brian Terry's murder? Nobody's been held accountable for anything," he said, referring to a border patrol agent who was killed with an illegal weapon that was allowed to enter Mexico as part of operation Fast and Furious.

"that was allowed to enter Mexico as herpderpyderpy"

As opposed to, "with an illegal weapon that was handed to cartels by ATF agents as part of an elaborate program to "Brainwash" the american people into thinking "guns aren't cool".
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Mainjustice: DOJ 'Deeply Disturbed' by Leaked Fast and Furious Information
The Justice Department has told Republican lawmakers it will be careful about responding to future requests for information about a botched gun-tracing operation after sensitive law enforcement information leaked to the media.

Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Ronald Weich wrote to Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) Friday, saying that the  information appeared in the news after the Justice Department shared it with members of Congress as part of their inquiry into the Fast and Furious operation.

Ronald Weich, Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legislative Affairs (photo by Ryan J. Reilly / Main Justice)

“While we do not know who provided these letters to reporters, we are deeply disturbed that the sensitive law-enforcement information contained in them has now entered the public realm,” Weich wrote, according to a CNN report. “This public disclosure is impeding the departments’ efforts to hold individuals accountable for their illegal acts.”

Last week, a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigation report was dissected in the news, showing that a top Fast and Furious suspect, Manuel Celis-Acosta, was detained and questioned but ultimately released.

In his letter, Weich said he would be denying the lawmakers’s further requests for documents pertaining to ongoing operations in order to safeguard their integrity.

More at link.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope I live long enough to find out what really happened here.

It'll be decades.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:22:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#19]
Holder trying to buy his way out?
U.S. and Mexican Officials Sign Letter of Intent to Share $6 Million in Forfeited Assets to Combat Financial Infrastructure of Organized Crime
Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                              Monday, March 26, 2012
U.S. and Mexican Officials Sign Letter of Intent to Share $6 Million in Forfeited Assets to Combat Financial
Infrastructure of Organized Crime

WASHINGTON – U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Mexican Attorney General Marisela Morales Ibáñez today signed a letter of intent for the United States to share approximately $6 million in forfeited funds with the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic of Mexico (PGR) to support Mexican efforts to combat the financial infrastructure of organized criminal groups and to enhance bilateral cooperation between the two countries in forfeiture matters.

The letter of intent and anticipated fund sharing recognizes the PGR’s valuable cooperation in the investigation and resolution of the U.S. government’s case against Sigue Corporation for violations of the Bank Secrecy Act.  In January 2008, Sigue entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the Department of Justice on charges of failing to maintain an effective anti-money laundering program.  As a result, Sigue forfeited $15 million to the United States and agreed to commit an additional $9.7 million to improving its anti-money laundering program.

“The Department of Justice and the Mexican PGR have built strong and collaborative working relationships in order to combat transnational organized criminal groups,” said Attorney General Holder.  “Our intention to share approximately $6 million in forfeited assets with our Mexican counterparts reflects another step forward in our successful crime prevention and public safety efforts.  In an era where crime is not limited by physical boundaries, our international partnerships are more critical than ever in the work of bringing criminals to justice.” 

As outlined in the letter of intent, the PGR and the Department of Justice, through the Criminal Division’s Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section (AFMLS), will negotiate the specific terms of the Sigue case sharing agreement and establish respective Executive Sharing Committees designed to negotiate and oversee the sharing, delivery, transfer and disbursement of the forfeited funds.

The shared assets will be used to strengthen and support the PGR’s capacity to investigate and prosecute domestic and bilateral money laundering crimes, as well as Mexico’s ability to forfeit the proceeds of crime.  This initiative is designed to complement ongoing bilateral efforts to increase pressure on the economic resources of the criminal organizations that operate in Mexico and along the U.S./Mexico border.

The case, filed in the Eastern District of Missouri, arose out of transactions conducted by Sigue and its authorized agents from November 2003 through March 2005.  During this time, more than $24.7 million in suspicious transactions were conducted through registered agents of Sigue, including transactions conducted by undercover U.S. law enforcement agents using funds represented to be proceeds of drug trafficking.  Sigue did not identify broader patterns of money laundering activity, failed to prevent the unlawful activity from continuing and did not create systems and procedures to identify suspicious financial transactions being conducted by related senders and beneficiaries.

The Sigue forfeiture resulted from a case prosecuted by AFMLS and was investigated by the Drug Enforcement Administration and Internal Revenue Service. 

12-375Attorney General
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#20]
The Justice Department has told Republican lawmakers it will be careful about responding to future requests for information about a botched gun-tracing operation after sensitive law enforcement information leaked to the media.

Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs Ronald Weich wrote to Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) Friday, saying that the  information appeared in the news after the Justice Department shared it with members of Congress as part of their inquiry into the Fast and Furious operation.

Ronald Weich, Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legislative Affairs (photo by Ryan J. Reilly / Main Justice)

“While we do not know who provided these letters to reporters, we are deeply disturbed that the sensitive law-enforcement information contained in them has now entered the public realm,” Weich wrote, according to a CNN report. “This public disclosure is impeding the departments’ efforts to hold individuals accountable for their illegal acts.”

Last week, a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigation report was dissected in the news, showing that a top Fast and Furious suspect, Manuel Celis-Acosta, was detained and questioned but ultimately released.

In his letter, Weich said he would be denying the lawmakers’s further requests for documents pertaining to ongoing operations in order to safeguard their integrity.

More at link.

Yep, that's it, the media is preventing you from charging people.  Right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#21]

More at link.

they leaked that shit themselves guaranfuckingteed just so they could go screaming to cummings/media and tell them "ohhh! the mean old nasty republican staff leaked our LE sensitive documents"
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
they leaked that shit themselves guaranfuckingteed just so they could go screaming to cummings/media and tell them "ohhh! the mean old nasty republican staff leaked our LE sensitive documents"

You might be onto something there. They've been like Fort Knox in terms of stuff getting out. We still haven't seen anyone in MainJustice who wants to blab, but we've seen plenty throw themselves onto swords for EH.

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By miker84:

You might be onto something there. They've been like Fort Knox in terms of stuff getting out. We still haven't seen anyone in MainJustice who wants to blab, but we've seen plenty throw themselves onto swords for EH.

i'll put money on it.  that way, they can say "we released some stuff to you, and look what happened.  we aren't going to play anymore"
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]

In his letter, Weich said he would be denying the lawmakers’s further requests for documents pertaining to ongoing operations in order to safeguard their the integrity of their cover-up.

More at link.

Fixed it for them
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol. I did a double take on that one. I could see weich putting that in his letter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Gatorhunt:

From Obamaclock.org

Are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?
Sorry, I'm a little impatient.

Hit the road Barack, don't you come back no more, no more.

Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Weich. What a d-bag. I've been face-to-face with that sob and he is 100% full of BS.
My dad was a Gunny and he used to say that some people just had a face that made you want to slap the sh*t out of them. Weich is one of those people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Weich. What a d-bag. I've been face-to-face with that sob and he is 100% full of BS.
My dad was a Gunny and he used to say that some people just had a face that made you want to slap the sh*t out of them. Weich is one of those people.

My thoughts exactly.

He needs to be sharing a cell with holder and the rest of the criminals at Main Justice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Where has all the media coverage of the bloody Mexican Narco war gone lately? Seems very quiet since F&F has been in the spotlight. Or is it just because Pappa is coming for a visit?
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry, I've been lax on this thread.

'Looks like a bad shoot...' thread has been too entertaining.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#31]

i'll put money on it.  that way, they can say "we released some stuff to you, and look what happened.  we aren't going to play anymore"

Oh Noooo....the honorable outstanding US AG that EH is would neeever do anything like that....

oh fuck....did I just say that  

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Foxnews: Operation Fast and Furious investigation escalates as ATF, FBI disconnect revealed
The investigation of Operation Fast and Furious escalated this past week as Fox News learned a leak at the Justice Department is providing documents to the Congressional investigators.
The scope of investigation also includes the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which records show failed to tell ATF its own confidential informants were helping finance the illegal gun purchases.

Eduardo and Jesus A. Miramontes-Varela, Mexican nationals born in Juarez worked for the Sinaloa Cartel when they became informants for the FBI in 2009, according to sources.
Previously, the brothers, ages 36 and 37, worked as informants for police in Miami, the U.S. Marshall's Service, and the DEA.
According to DEA and Congressional reports, the two men were the primary cartel contacts used to finance the illegal gun trafficking ring. Jim Needles, the assistant Agent in Charge of the Phoenix ATF office estimated the brothers spent $250,000 on guns tracked by his agency while conducting Operation Fast and Furious. Needles called it “a disappointment” the FBI didn’t bother to tell his agency of the connection.
more at link (video).

i feel light headed
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By wunbadweel:
There's a lot of other stuff distracting people from this investigation - such as the Trayvon Skittles thing, and the slow speed which of uncovering F&F evidence makes this just seem old and laborious.

However - I'm thinking the lid just got blown off this thing while nobody was really looking, much like how many here expected some gotcha moment at the hearings, but that didn't happen.

This is really the beginning of the F&F cover-up collapse.

Is this view reasonable?

Concur, albeit in my usually jaded and guarded-optimism manner.

F&#&$ Yeah!  

we all have been guessing at the clues from the beginning that this was the TRUTH.

MSM and the conspirators can do what they want...

AS LONG AS WE DONT LET IT GO IT WONT!!!!

√  Remember this ALL Started because of Internet Forum posts on cuatf.org !!!

We have Real Power!
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#34]
And IIRC, the Miramontes brothers (although we didn't know the name back then) were being discussed about 100 pages back in this thread. We were perplexed as to why the FBI seemed to be protecting them. It was assumed they were CI's.

Then someone here pointed out (in a rather humorous way) that it wouldn't be very difficult to figure out who they really were. Two Mexican brothers, tied to the Sinaloa Cartel, one of which was missing an arm. Even the Keystone Cops could have solved that mystery.

Now we come to find out, they weren't just some low level CI's. They were, in fact, tied right into the "big fish" the ATF were supposedly looking for. And tied to the rip crew that killed Brian Terry.  And the whole time they were under the protection of the FBI. Yeah, this is BIG.

Kind of reminds me of Whitey Bulger, the Irish mob boss from south Boston, who the FBI protected for over a decade during the 80's and early 90s (while allowing him to continue running the Irish mob). Now, over two decades later, we see the FBI is still up to their old tricks

Calling Speaker Boehner, calling Speaker Boehner ... is anyone out there? Is anyone home? Are you listening? Are you even conscious? Did I mention, this is big Speaker Boehner ...  Speaker Boehner, can you hear us???

where is the direct link that the FBI CInfonmants were Agent Terry's Killers?

Or is that the last piece that remains speculative?
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wunbadweel:

Great analogy, except IIRC Bulger wasn't allowed to traverse borders in an unmonitored fashion, and might not have been directly on the hook for as many homicides.

I still have no knowledge of any cop - ANY cop - with whom I ever worked, who would've countenanced any of the miscreancies we know of, so far. But we were just city/county/State guys in a big, low-population rural area....I shudder to think what would have happened had we conducted business in this manner. Charlie-foxtrot, indeed.

Hell, I personally booked one of my best CIs after he smacked his old lady around; stupid fucker got more time for this (plus the gun in the house he wasn't supposed to have) than the dope case he had hanging.

I'm to the point where I'm not sure if keeping tabs upon this thread is killing me, or keeping me alive. I do know now, that there is such a thing as episodically unrequited rage.....

Kettlebells and KJV BIBLE

Thrive on it Bro!
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#36]

I believe this is true.

God."
James Madison

Daniel Webster

Mayflower Compact says this land was founded for,

"The Glory of GOD and the advancement of the Christian Faith."
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By VictorUnit:

I believe this is true.

God."
James Madison

Daniel Webster

Mayflower Compact says this land was founded for,

"The Glory of GOD and the advancement of the Christian Faith."

Stop derailing the thread.  Go be wrong somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Enough with the religion debate.

Get it back on track.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 10:45:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 15jonshoot] [#39]
Sipsey  Street reported this:

University of Baltimore announces finalists in search for law school dean. Five candidates will visit campus starting March 26 to meet students, faculty, staff

The University of Baltimore has selected five finalists in its search for a new law school dean.

The candidates are: Nicholas Allard, a political lawyer at Washington firm Patton Boggs; Penelope Bryan, the dean of Whittier Law School in California; Alfredo Garcia, a professor and former dean at St. Thomas University Law School in Miami; Patricia Salkin, a professor and associate dean at Albany Law School in New York; and Ronald Weich, an assistant attorney general at the U.S. Department of Justice.

Can it get any more disgusting with this admin and their dick slobbers?
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
Sipsey  Street reported this:

University of Baltimore announces finalists in search for law school dean. Five candidates will visit campus starting March 26 to meet students, faculty, staff

The University of Baltimore has selected five finalists in its search for a new law school dean.

The candidates are: Nicholas Allard, a political lawyer at Washington firm Patton Boggs; Penelope Bryan, the dean of Whittier Law School in California; Alfredo Garcia, a professor and former dean at St. Thomas University Law School in Miami; Patricia Salkin, a professor and associate dean at Albany Law School in New York; and Ronald Weich, an assistant attorney general at the U.S. Department of Justice.

Can it get any more disgusting with this admin and their dick slobbers?

Yes. Every time I get in the car and the radio is turned to NPR (thanks to the wife), I realize the answer to this question is yes.

It says something, though, that he's looking for a job elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:41:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#41]

Was the video of Judge Jeanne and Jay Dobyns there before? Video is worth watching.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#42]
I guess it shouldn't surprise me how wide spread this is. Every time I come back and read a few pages to get caught up, it used to blow my mind how deep the cover up has gone. Now, after a year, not so much. If this were something a conservative admin. had tried, it would be all over the news, and likely over by now. This admin. is so deeply crooked, that they are actually able to post pone, and maybe even get away with it.

This Fast & furious, Obummer care, and all of the other shit he has started/pulled off worries me. If that joker gets another term, we will be in a real fix!

Didn't meant to get off the subject here, carry on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By VictorUnit:
Foxnews: Operation Fast and Furious investigation escalates as ATF, FBI disconnect revealed
The investigation of Operation Fast and Furious escalated this past week as Fox News learned a leak at the Justice Department is providing documents to the Congressional investigators.
The scope of investigation also includes the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which records show failed to tell ATF its own confidential informants were helping finance the illegal gun purchases.

Eduardo and Jesus A. Miramontes-Varela, Mexican nationals born in Juarez worked for the Sinaloa Cartel when they became informants for the FBI in 2009, according to sources.
Previously, the brothers, ages 36 and 37, worked as informants for police in Miami, the U.S. Marshall's Service, and the DEA.
According to DEA and Congressional reports, the two men were the primary cartel contacts used to finance the illegal gun trafficking ring. Jim Needles, the assistant Agent in Charge of the Phoenix ATF office estimated the brothers spent $250,000 on guns tracked by his agency while conducting Operation Fast and Furious. Needles called it “a disappointment” the FBI didn’t bother to tell his agency of the connection.
more at link (video).

i feel light headed

Figure an average price of around 700 per gun?  That would make just those two responsible for around 300-350 guns.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#44]
This might make things a bit clearer, and shed light on the views of some pro government people.  Consistency is good, right?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsy87] [#45]
Originally Posted By learath:
This might make things a bit clearer, and shed light on the views of some pro government people.  Consistency is good, right?

I expect to get flamed hardcore for this post.

But.

In my opinion, occasionally the law does have to be bent, since the smarter/more serious criminals can figure out ways to not get arrested.  Bending is occasionally acceptable.  Breaking isn't.

No law was bent in F&F.  It was loaded into a container with C4, dropped into the ocean, and blown the mutherfuck up, then became shark shit.  There was no "bent", it was absolutely defiled and massacred.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

But.

In my opinion, occasionally the law does have to be bent, since the smarter/more serious criminals can figure out ways to not get arrested.  Bending is occasionally acceptable.  Breaking isn't.

No law was bent in F&F.  It was loaded into a container with C4, dropped into the ocean, and blown the mutherfuck up, then became shark shit.  There was no "bent", it was absolutely defiled and massacred.

There is a huge difference between an agent making a hard call, which might be outside the law, and the FBI having a policy of "fuck the law".  The latter leads to Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#47]

But.

There is a huge difference between an agent making a hard call, which might be outside the law, and the FBI having a policy of "fuck the law".  The latter leads to Fast and Furious.

Exactly.  As much anti-Fed hate (warranted or not) in this thread, their jobs aren't easy.  And I know some damn good, honest federal LEO's.  Not everything is spelled out, they're trained to think on their feet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#48]
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

Terry family reacts.

The family of the U.S. Border Patrol agent killed in connection with Operation Fast and Furious said it “is sickened” to learn that law enforcement agencies were not sharing information that could have possibly closed the investigation early and spared his death and other bloodshed.

“The Terry Family, like most of America, is sickened to read the latest revelations relating to ATF’s error-plagued and misguided Fast and Furious Investigation,” the family of slain agent Brian Terry wrote in a statement. “It is beyond our comprehension that U.S. federal law enforcement agencies were not talking with one another.”

Of course they WERE talking to one another, only it was in phrases of cover-up, denial and obfuscation. Here's a rumor: the El Paso ATF was onto the Miramonte Brothers. They were told to back off by Gunwalker Bill Newell in Phoenix, whose people themselves were told to back off by higher ups in DOJ and the FBI. Rumor also has it that this is coming out next week. Well, you know what they say about rumors.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#49]

But.

Exactly.  As much anti-Fed hate (warranted or not) in this thread, their jobs aren't easy.  And I know some damn good, honest federal LEO's.  Not everything is spelled out, they're trained to think on their feet.

false flag ops whose goal is to undermine the second ammendment right of america is definitely a noble cause....bend away!

these guys are heroes .

their jobs are difficult.

tasers are cool.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Could it be (going out on a limb here) that other than the blatant attack on 2A, these guys are covering this up because of a massive interagency fubar? The beaurocrats would be more interested in cya than perceived constitutional issues. Older OIG reports constantly mentioned deconfliction between agencies, like this one from Nov 2010:
ATF supervisors also expressed concern about ICE’s use of eTrace.  The MOU states that ICE must inform ATF when ICE initiates an investigation as the result of a gun trace. This provision of the MOU seeks to deconflict agency activities. However, ICE and ATF personnel we interviewed told us that these notifications are not always made. For example, one ICE field office supervisor stated his agents do not necessarily inform ATF when they initiate an investigation based on trace results. Our analysis of gun trace data shows that in calendar year 2009, ICE submitted 84 Mexican crime guns traced to gun dealers in that Southwest border ICE supervisor’s jurisdictional area, 19 of which had a time-to-crime of less than a year. However, according to ATF field supervisors in Mexico, ICE had notified ATF of only one or two investigations it initiated based on these traces. We also found some instances of ATF personnel not fully complying with provisions of the MOU. In one field office, ATF routinely failed to notify ICE of ongoing investigations with a direct link to the border. Additionally, an ICE field supervisor sought to assign an ICE agent to two different ATF firearms trafficking groups to foster coordination and encourage the sharing of resources and information. However, ICE personnel told us that the offer was rejected by the supervisors of both ATF firearms trafficking groups.  According to the ICE supervisor, one of these ATF supervisors stated, “What can ICE do for me?” That ATF supervisor later said the same thing to the OIG. Another ATF supervisor told us that neither agency involves the other in an investigation until the case is “firm,” rather than involving the other agency early on. A senior ATF intelligence official told us, “We are in a constant struggle with ICE about stepping into each other’s jurisdiction and sharing information.” Agents are not routinely sharing information
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top