Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 49
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations Bigbore. Thank you for fighting and standing up to the anti gun movement. This needs to happen more instead of insurance companies settling. That is how the process has become the punishment.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
This is great news.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope you counter sue and get back attorney costs and other money
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ParityError] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mach:
View Quote

That’s the beauty of this for the other side. The sole plaintiff is an insolvent legal entity, the estate. Only the named plaintiff is liable for the defendant’s legal expenses when they lose / abandon the case.  There is no money to sue for, so the defendant is stuck with all their costs.

Zero risk lawfare.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Man I’ve been following this for awhile. You can tell what pieces of shit these people really are and it was all about money.   Low life trash, should have cared more about their daughter before this. Glad you stood your ground and didn’t offer a penny. Fuck them and their shit lawyer.

Take some time away and have a beer.  Happy this is over for you to celebrate I will send a barrel for repair. Thanks lol.

Wishing you best of luck and much more success

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

That’s the beauty of this for the other side. The sole plaintiff is an insolvent legal entity, the estate. Only the named plaintiff is liable for the defendant’s legal expenses when they lose / abandon the case.  There is no money to sue for, so the defendant is stuck with all their costs.

Zero risk lawfare.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Zero risk lawfare.

did not know that.

I guess the weaponization of law is complete.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#7]

did not know that.

View All Quotes

Zero risk lawfare.

did not know that.

It was brought up multiple times in the thread.  This scenario really could hit any business and the insurance premiums + legal bills just drive up costs for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:59:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbles] [#8]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Since those are just the road hours - doubtless they have a good number of hours back at the office as well.  That law firm racked up solid 5 figures chasing this shit-show.  Probably crowded 6.  Not to mention the opportunity cost while chasing this loser instead.  Good - Fuck Them,  skeevy fucks
 At some point they knew this was bullshit and a shakedown - and kept going.  They knew damned well the judge should have tossed this, and kept going.  Fuckers.
View Quote

They don't care because the Brady Campaign fronted the $ via their donations.  The insurance company was smart by not settling as they knew that by doing so they'd open themselves up to paying for lawsuits for broke hood-rat ghetto crime victims nationwide.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Zero risk lawfare.
View All Quotes

Zero risk lawfare.

If the decedent had anything leftover from a life insurance policy, that could have been sought, but it sounds like she didn't even have that.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By twoisone:
This is great news.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Send them a bill for legal fees.
Congrats.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Serenity7:
Send them a bill for legal fees.
Congrats.
View Quote

Didn't even read the last page huh?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
This dip shit will NOT be a witness in my trial.

You need to read his deposition
Originally Posted By chrismartin:
Read the entire thing... Wow, what a shit bird.
View Quote
Right from the start... "ADOC FIREARMS, LLC, et al."

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Best news I've heard Bigbore!

I wish there was a way to get some out of pocket expenses back from those assholes for wasting every bodies time!
This has sure opened my eyes to how crappy the legal system is and how they can drag things along. A joke!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I find it difficult to believe she had zero assets of any sort.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Did you read her parents depositions?  There’s some info there, the rest is in discovery and medical reports.  She was on permanent disability with MS. She had no taxable income that could be shown the last 5 years of her life, she lived at home, and totaled her car that February.  0 assets, literally 0.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

I find it difficult to believe she had zero assets of any sort.

Did you read her parents depositions?  There’s some info there, the rest is in discovery and medical reports.  She was on permanent disability with MS. She had no taxable income that could be shown the last 5 years of her life, she lived at home, and totaled her car that February.  0 assets, literally 0.

Her parents viewed her as a negative asset.  Until they thought they could cash in from her death.  Can’t help but wonder if her parent(s) goated her into suicide.  Just a wild opinion…
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Congrats, man.
You should have never been subjected to bullshit litigation.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Fantastic effing news!!! So sorry you went through this, and may  those people suffer the Gen more. Despicable human beings.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DD1801:

Her parents viewed her as a negative asset.  Until they thought they could cash in from her death.  Can't help but wonder if her parent(s) goated her into suicide.  Just a wild opinion
View Quote

considering what I read in the disposition, the dad was abusive as to what him and his wife admitted to, I don't think there's anything wrong thinking they abused her into taking her own life, then figured they could sue someone and make a big chunk of cash...

What a legitimate shit show, I'm sorry you had to go through all that shit BigBore, I'm glad it's been dismissed and I hope the parents just go crawl into a hole and stay there. Maybe if they had been actually supportive of their daughter she wouldn't have suck started a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered a hoodie and t-shirt to celebrate your win!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Congrats BB.

I am sorry this happened to you and very happy it’s over!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats on the win. It should have never gone this far. Now campaign against the judge that allowed it to happen.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

It was brought up multiple times in the thread.  This scenario really could hit any business and the insurance premiums + legal bills just drive up costs for everyone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

Zero risk lawfare.

did not know that.

Shame they cannot be forced into indentured servitude to pay back his costs........

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#33]

If they file again, it starts all over from scratch. New discovery, depositions, etc..   I think existing depositions can be kept, but I know new ones can be requested as well.  

Not sure about looking for an expert, because this isn't a case that calls for expert testimony.   That's why my side didn't call expert witnesses.   An expert witness exists to explain a confusing situation to a jury.  A car accident lawyer may hire an expert to explain to a jury that the angle of the sun reflecting off the hood of the drivers car cause him to have a seizure, which made him run the red light and kill the old lady in the cross walk.  It has a to testimony based on something that can be proven/challenged.  

My case is pure he said he said.  There is nothing confusing about my case an expert can clarify for a jury.   Any expert testimony like the dipshit they hired against me can only give an opinion based on state of mind because he wasn't there and there is no audio or video of the event.   It's the jurys job to weigh what my state of mind may have been regarding what I should or couldn't have known.
View Quote

They hired this so-called expert for some reason or another.  My thoughts were that he was there to muddy the waters and create confusion rather than clarity.  I think the lawyers just got dazzled by the resume of a self-promoting expert of nothing and it was too late before they realized he was just another bullshit artist who wants to have some fame.  

Regardless, I hope they come to the realization that the case is he said-she said and don't re-file.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#34]

I think her dad killed her.  I think she wanted a gun to protect herself from her dad.  While she was gone with her boyfriend her dad went through her room and found the gun.  When she got home the next morning, he killed her and played it off as a suicide.   All 6 cylinders were loaded. The police found the gun wrapped in a blanket.  The story told to the police about when it happened is not the story the parents told in their deposition.  Who hears a gunshot in their house in the middle of the night and doesn't think to check on anything until 3PM the next day?!  This has been my theory since the first day I read the police report.  The gun was never checked for prints, no ones hands were checked for gun shot residue.
View Quote

Sounds like a good case for one of those TV reality crime shows...get it the publicity it deserves and maybe authorities
will put the heat on where it needs to be.

Again congratulations Steve...hopefully things will be looking up from now on...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#35]

I think her dad killed her.  I think she wanted a gun to protect herself from her dad.  While she was gone with her boyfriend her dad went through her room and found the gun.  When she got home the next morning, he killed her and played it off as a suicide.   All 6 cylinders were loaded. The police found the gun wrapped in a blanket.  The story told to the police about when it happened is not the story the parents told in their deposition.  Who hears a gunshot in their house in the middle of the night and doesn't think to check on anything until 3PM the next day?!  This has been my theory since the first day I read the police report.  The gun was never checked for prints, no ones hands were checked for gun shot residue.
View All Quotes

Her parents viewed her as a negative asset.  Until they thought they could cash in from her death.  Can't help but wonder if her parent(s) goated her into suicide.  Just a wild opinion

After reading his depo and the related files, I have to say that I am leaning towards your theory.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Wow that would be something.  So the police are saying she shot herself, reloaded the gun, then wrapped it in a blanket?

Anyway, congrats on the dismissal.  We have all been pulling for you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

They hired this so-called expert for some reason or another.  My thoughts were that he was there to muddy the waters and create confusion rather than clarity.  I think the lawyers just got dazzled by the resume of a self-promoting expert of nothing and it was too late before they realized he was just another bullshit artist who wants to have some fame.  

Regardless, I hope they come to the realization that the case is he said-she said and don't re-file.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

If they file again, it starts all over from scratch. New discovery, depositions, etc..   I think existing depositions can be kept, but I know new ones can be requested as well.  

Not sure about looking for an expert, because this isn't a case that calls for expert testimony.   That's why my side didn't call expert witnesses.   An expert witness exists to explain a confusing situation to a jury.  A car accident lawyer may hire an expert to explain to a jury that the angle of the sun reflecting off the hood of the drivers car cause him to have a seizure, which made him run the red light and kill the old lady in the cross walk.  It has a to testimony based on something that can be proven/challenged.  

My case is pure he said he said.  There is nothing confusing about my case an expert can clarify for a jury.   Any expert testimony like the dipshit they hired against me can only give an opinion based on state of mind because he wasn't there and there is no audio or video of the event.   It's the jurys job to weigh what my state of mind may have been regarding what I should or couldn't have known.

I don't think this law firm will touch this case, but I'm sure the parents are visiting others to see if one will take the case.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

I don't think this law firm will touch this case, but I'm sure the parents are visiting others to see if one will take the case.
View Quote

They definitely won't touch it on a contingency fee.  But it seems like such an obvious loser that I doubt it was ever a contingency fee case.  Someone (Brady bunch, MDA, etc) was funding this.  And if they send the law firm another check, the law firm will definitely re-file.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Glad to hear that this baloney was dismissed
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

You know looking at how honest and reliable their expert witness is I can be an expert witness for you. I saw and heard the parents defaming you personally and your business and your character.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Sorry you had to go through this. The time. Stress. Financial burden. A great outcome none the less. We appreciate you
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#43]
If you don't mind me asking how much did this BS end up costing you to fight?

And who paid for the prosecution, or was it the public prosecutor? If so, are you going to attempt to get her/him un-elected?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Her parents viewed her as a negative asset.  Until they thought they could cash in from her death.  Can’t help but wonder if her parent(s) goated her into suicide.  Just a wild opinion…

Was a spent shell even found?  Was the bullet ballistically matched to the gun?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#46]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By djkest:
If you don't mind me asking how much did this BS end up costing you to fight?

And who paid for the prosecution, or was it the public prosecutor? If so, are you going to attempt to get her/him un-elected?
View Quote

This was a civil case, so the plaintiff was represented by a private attorney, not a prosecutor.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#48]

View Quote

DAMN

(now I am going to display my knowledge of the gun used....I have no fucking clue)

How many rounds does it hold total?

Is the police report linked in here?  If it was and I read it, been so long I don't remember what was different.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:23:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#49]

HERE  is the transcript of their expert suicide witness they got to testify against me.  It's a short easy read because there is no connection to me.  Another laughable attempt for them to bluff me into a settlement.
View Quote

I am shocked that the expert witness isn't guilty of perjury or whatever. I've already noticed some INTERESTING things in his expert testimony.

1) He makes up statistics about women suicide that are clearly incorrect and I'm not even an expert but I know that poisoning is the #1 COD
2) He refers to incidents as fact without  proof and never seems retract anything he says WRT prior suicide attempts and mental health hospitalizations. He has the medical records and he still lies about this stuff.

Total horse baloney, I hope the attorney raked him over the coals.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View Quote

Well if the theory the dad did it is remotely the truth (not doubting this isn't, I am more talking in a legal stand point), they need someone to blame because gun grabbers never are accountable for their own actions.....
Page / 49
Top Top