[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WIC:
you can't put drugs in there then
View Quote

Correct. I'm not sure what I'll put in it yet. It's a good size to be a dump tray.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rbb2:

Right? I wasn't sure about the blue, despite it being my favorite color, with the bronze, until Sy sent me a link to a review with patina pics and it looked great. The blue is also more subdued in real life; I think most pics are enhanced so it looks quite a bit brighter.

It fits almost perfect with just moving it in to the first slot on the clasp, but still a little loose, so once my link tool gets here I'll try removing one link and then it should be just right in one of the 5 available clasp slots (or whatever they're called).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Nice! That'll look great when it gets a patina on it.

Right? I wasn't sure about the blue, despite it being my favorite color, with the bronze, until Sy sent me a link to a review with patina pics and it looked great. The blue is also more subdued in real life; I think most pics are enhanced so it looks quite a bit brighter.

It fits almost perfect with just moving it in to the first slot on the clasp, but still a little loose, so once my link tool gets here I'll try removing one link and then it should be just right in one of the 5 available clasp slots (or whatever they're called).

Wrist might swell a bit when it gets hotter out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#7]
https://i.imgur.com/cB4BZKo.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Ti-Thursday:
Attachment Attached File

Doctor visit went well! No issues found! Now I just need another clean endoscopy and I will be good for another 3 years if I keep my reflux under control.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MrSig239:
Ti-Thursday:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56211/IMG_7899_jpg-3171610.JPG

Doctor visit went well! No issues found! Now I just need another clean endoscopy and I will be good for another 3 years if I keep my reflux under control.
View Quote

Good news
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Ti-Thursday:

View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Lunch today!

https://i.imgur.com/4B7Wwyf.jpeg
View Quote

Nice.

Pic has a very Martha Stewart vibe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DFARM:
I finally got brave enough to re etch this Kershaw tyrade that I reground a couple of years ago.

I was worried that the ferric chloride would hurt the brazing, which appears to be copper based. It probably would have if I left it in long enough but all it did was make it more copper colored.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG6832_JPG-3170952.JPG
View Quote

Looks good.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 80085:
https://i.imgur.com/6tJfqlX.jpeg
View Quote

Looks tasty.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Better weather today and some fire made it even more better.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53615722933_1906b957b2_o.jpg
View Quote

That it did.

Still, though. Damn
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Thanks!

The style is definitely from a different era. I'd say it was at or just past the peak Ken Onion period at Kershaw ('09).  At the time, beefy folders were popular and Kershaw was making the composite blade versions of a few popular models. I thought it was a cool idea and I have a few. (I used to be a Kershaw fanboy)

I have enjoyed the knife a lot more since I reground the blade because it was super thick behind the edge and the factory primary grinds were very uneven from side to side. I don't remember exactly what the thickness was before, but I think it was like. 050"-060"and it always cut like garbage. I evened up the grinds and thinned it to ~.020"bte and it's been a much better performer.  I have to be in the right mood to carry it these days but it's one of the few folders I have that I have done any work on.

View Quote

It's like a proto ZT
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View Quote

I still haven't figured out exactly what he was attempting to accomplish.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Ti-Thursday:

View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#19]

I still haven't figured out exactly what he was attempting to accomplish.
View Quote

Max out his insurance deductible all in one go?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
So the safety department just banned the use of steel knives/blades at work. We can still carry knives but cant be used in the performance of our duties. They're requiring we use ceramic blades in scrapers and utility knives. Do they think ceramic wont cut skin? And the blades are $6 each (we dont pay for them, the store does). We're gonna be breaking the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:30:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#21]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
So the safety department just banned the use of steel knives/blades at work. We can still carry knives but cant be used in the performance of our duties. They're requiring we use ceramic blades in scrapers and utility knives. Do they think ceramic wont cut skin? And the blades are $6 each (we dont pay for them, the store does). We're gonna be breaking the shit out of them.
View Quote

Maybe once you start going through 50 of them to get a gasket surface scraped clean they'll stop. Lol

Usually mechanics are pretty insulated from stupid stuff like that. I'm honestly surprised.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#23]
https://imgur.com/a/W0EGxlu
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Maybe once you start going through 50 of them to get a gasket surface scraped clean they'll stop. Lol

Usually mechanics are pretty insulated from stupid stuff like that. I'm honestly surprised.
View All Quotes

In the 5 years I've been here only 1 person has required medical attention and it was a cut finger due to some sheetmetal. Apparently all of our other stores are accident prone so we get roped into the bs as well.

I said fine, when I'm breaking these things left and right and have to charge a customer $6 each time one breaks someone is gonna be pissed. I'll really laugh when we first start using them and someone still gets cut.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I don't understand how that helps.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Imgur from my phone has been weird lately.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I thought this was a substantial WTF? situation. As it turns out, there may actually be a case for ceramic utility blades being less likely to cut flesh, and less likely to cut deeply.

https://www.sliceproducts.com/pages/why-are-slice-ceramic-blades-safer-than-traditional-blades
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#31]

In the 5 years I've been here only 1 person has required medical attention and it was a cut finger due to some sheetmetal. Apparently all of our other stores are accident prone so we get roped into the bs as well.

I said fine, when I'm breaking these things left and right and have to charge a customer $6 each time one breaks someone is gonna be pissed. I'll really laugh when we first start using them and someone still gets cut.
View Quote

Last time I had to get stitched up from something at work, it was from a wrench slipping and I split my pinky finger open between the first two knuckles on the edge of a hydraulic manifold.  I was bleeding all over and I had to fill out my own accident report before I left. Lol
Originally Posted By ParityError:

I thought this was a substantial WTF? situation. As it turns out, there may actually be a case for ceramic utility blades being less likely to cut flesh, and less likely to cut deeply.

https://www.sliceproducts.com/pages/why-are-slice-ceramic-blades-safer-than-traditional-blades
View Quote

I can't speak for every tech but 99% of the time, if I'm using a razor blade I'm scraping gaskets. I wonder how the ceramic blades will hold up to that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Same. My boss said something about the ceramic blades not having a point, but the steel utility blades we have in the shop don't have a point either.  But we haven't seen these blades yet either.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Still fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Last time I had to get stitched up from something at work, it was from a wrench slipping and I split my pinky finger open between the first two knuckles on the edge of a hydraulic manifold.  I was bleeding all over and I had to fill out my own accident report before I left. Lol

I can't speak for every tech but 99% of the time, if I'm using a razor blade I'm scraping gaskets. I wonder how the ceramic blades will hold up to that.
View All Quotes

The last time I got stitches, I was hitting a makeshift punch and I decided to hit it with my index knuckle instead of the hammer. I was wearing nitrile gloves and just stopped for a moment to get over the pain and went back to hammering. I got done and notice blood on the floor, and then saw it dripping out of the tip of my glove finger. Pulled the glove off and blood went everywhere. Took 14 stitches to put my knuckle back together but it never cut the glove open.

I'll use a blade to get the bulk of the gasket off then switch to my carbide scrappers. They don't do well with bulk, but will get every last spec down to the metal. And even some of the metal if you're not careful.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

that article looks like bullshit

also, edge geometry matters. cutting cardboard, thicker behind the edge is going to suck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

One O&G operator I was assigned to also banned knives after one employee murdered another with a pocket knife. This office manager who never worked in the field stood up and gave us all the news then pulled out his leatherman to show us how he castrated the cutting blade on an angle grinder to lead by example. I being just a lowly consultant reached to my pocket pulled the clip off the pocket edge and dropped my knife in my pocket. I wasn’t about to not carry a knife or get caught either…

Six months later it was back to the status quo. Maybe give it some time then they go back after realizing the bad decision they just made. And in the interim start carrying a ceramic bladed pocket knife. You can’t get in trouble because it meets the technical requirements they themselves instituted.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#37]
https://i.imgur.com/G9d58De.jpg
View Quote

Milanesa torta maybe?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

“This is a paid ad by the ceramic blade institute of America.”
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

That's real retarded, sir.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

That's not an article, it's ad copy.

And this part made me roll my eyes:

"Another factor that affects blade safety is sharpness. Traditional blades, be they metal or ceramic, are most dangerous when they are too sharp or too dull. Metal blades dull quickly, so their manufacturers ship them much sharper than necessary."

Don't you just hate when your knife is too sharp?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#42]

"Another factor that affects blade safety is sharpness. Traditional blades, be they metal or ceramic, are most dangerous when they are too sharp or too dull. Metal blades dull quickly, so their manufacturers ship them much sharper than necessary."

View Quote

Hey Siri, write me an 11 paragraph article promoting ceramic blades over steel blades!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By WILSON:

Unforgiving bastards!    Mistakes happen.
View All Quotes

One O&G operator I was assigned to also banned knives after one employee murdered another with a pocket knife

Kind of fitting...we had someone go on a stabbing spree yesterday, killed 4, and wounded 11 (IIRC). Good old Rockford.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Yerp
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I've been injured more by dull knives than I ever have sharp ones. The times I do get cut with a really sharp edge, they hurt less and heal faster.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Milanesa torta maybe?
View Quote

chorizo smash burger/torta
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

this is how management thinks

next thing you know Wilson will be coming after one of us and then claim it was an accident
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Kind of fitting...we had someone go on a stabbing spree yesterday, killed 4, and wounded 11 (IIRC). Good old Rockford.
View Quote

See? More of this Illinois bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3092
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top