BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 257
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alacran:

Cartels have even cut holes in the Trump wall in AZ.  They only need to hand out wire cutters to breach the wire in Texas.  

Sadly, there’s only one way to stop this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DarkStar:
New York City will fall…

Cartels have even cut holes in the Trump wall in AZ.  They only need to hand out wire cutters to breach the wire in Texas.  

Looks like that’s exactly what happened in El Paso.  Reports are also saying that the ‘migrates’ have been instructed to become more aggressive in confronting law enforcement at the border.  

They’re now pushing for a violent reaction from our side.

Video catches migrant cutting Texas border fence before National Guard troops stop illegal crossers

Video catches migrant cutting Texas border fence before National Guard troops stop illegal crossers

A migrant with bolt cutters snipped a wire border fence Sunday, then led dozens of migrants through the hole — only to be turned back to Mexico by National Guard troops.

The Post observed as the migrants pulled fencing away and pushed through the state’s concertina-wire barrier near a gate in the wall, entering the US illegally, near El Paso, Texas.

Footage of the incident taken by The Post showed guardsmen appearing and blocking the migrants, and directing them away from Gate 45, which is not a legal port of entry, and back to Mexican territory.

The incident comes days after another encounter a few miles away at Gate 36 in the border — where more than 100 people bum-rushed Texas National Guard soldiers last Thursday.

Migrants becoming more aggressive at US border: Memo | Vargas Reports

Agents working at the U.S. southern border are fearful that migrants attempting to enter the country illegally are becoming increasingly aggressive toward law enforcement. NewsNation's Ali Bradley shares the latest details.

Migrants attacking officers at the border is a 'learned behavior' | Vargas Reports

Migrants attacking officers at the border is a 'learned behavior' | Vargas Reports

National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd joins NewsNation to discuss the growing threats against law enforcement at the border.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hakk7DwN7iA

Is Collapse of Baltimore Bridge Result of CCP’s Cyber Attack?

According to Chinese Canadian YouTuber Lao Deng, he received an email claiming that it is the CCP’s Ministry of State Security that orchestrated the collapse.
Lao Deng's video in Chinese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYnAA-L2qZc

View Quote

Lara Logan specifically mentions China when presenting information she was given by her sources.

Lara Logan: The Media is Lying to You About What Really Happened to the Baltimore Bridge
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Gold prices now reaching all time highs indicate economic and political instability around the world.

How Does Gold React to World Governance Changes? - Axel Merk

How Does Gold React to World Governance Changes? - Axel Merk

Jeremy Szafron, Anchor at Kitco News, interviews Axel Merk, President and Chief Investment Officer of Merk Investments, where he talks about the recent surge in gold prices and its implications in the current geopolitical and economic conditions. Merk shares his insights on the dynamic interplay between global governance and gold markets, highlighting the strategic moves of central banks and the underlying economic narratives. This discussion also explores the potential and challenges faced by junior miners in the evolving gold market.

Chapters

00:00 - Introduction
00:54 - Breaking Down Gold’s All-Time Highs
02:16 - What’s Driving Gold’s Rise?
03:40 - Federal Reserve’s Impact on Gold Prices
04:59 - The Perfect Storm for Gold?
06:25 - Geopolitical Influence on Gold’s Value
08:17 - Central Banks’ Role in Gold Demand
09:15 - Future of Gold Prices and Central Bank Buying
11:12 - Impact of US Sanctions and Dollar Dominance
13:05 - Fed's Monetary Policy and Inflation Dynamics
15:33 - Junior Miners and Investment Strategies
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I know this topic is already covered in a GD thread but after paying ungodly sums in taxes, this is all of our future as this is just a small microcosm of the whole country as well as the Federal government.

People aught to be furious but they’re not…..yet.

Houston Mayor John Whitmire says city is 'broke' after decades of overspending that has stopped them from being able to pay firefighters

- Mayor John Whitmire proposing a 5% cut across the board, except for fire and police departments
- Tax hikes and increased fees for parking and city services are likely

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/texas/article-13245311/Houston-Mayor-John-Whitmire-says-city-broke-decades-overspending-stopped-able-pay-firefighters.html

View Quote

“We are broke”.Same story over and over again across this country. Their solution? Raise taxes. That’s not the solution. Fiscal irresponsibility caused this. Quit spending.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Video:

🚨🚨 Joe Biden Has Been Granting Forced Deportation Coverage & “All of these now parolees can sponsor up to four illegal immigrants per person.”

So if he grants this to all illegal migrants “That basically could add an additional 40 million people into the United States”

J.J. Carrell Former US Border Deputy Patrol Agent In Charge “Two weeks ago, President Biden did an executive order and gave deferred and forced deportation coverage to 6,000 Palestinian illegal aliens. Those 6,000 can now petition for all their family members living in the Gaza and in Palestine into America.”

“So Biden administration has taken the countries of Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela, and they shortened the term down to CHNVs, okay.

They are now saying that those individuals from those countries that have been paroled into America are now legal residents and can bring all their family members in just from those nations.

However, there's a cutout that says those illegal aliens from those CHNVs can can sponsor people or family members despite them being from those from other nations meaning if I'm from Venezuela But my family members from Iran I can bring that person in from Iran. I'm not subject to that.

What's even more malicious is USCIS has now designated temporary protective status, TPS, DACA recipients, and deferred and forced deportation, which is DED. Those people under those blankets, those are all temporary 18 months, you can stay in America. They've deemed them as legal residents as well.”

This is an INSANE listen

View Quote

They’re importing a voting base. Say goodbye to ever winning another key election. They will control both the house and senate with added seats and voters. Once this is in place America is done. All the woke agenda climate, economic and social bullshit they propose and attempt to implement will become law.

The 2024 presidential election is the last chance we have to save our country using the ballot box. And even then, if we manage to win it’s going to be ugly as they begin the pushback.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Yon isn’t the best orator but in most interviews, he’s dealt with covering a wide range of information in a allocated period of time that can’t adequately cover it all so he tries to squeeze as much as he can and it often comes across and random and disorganized information.  At least, that’s my interpretation of most of his interviews.  I was really hoping for one of Shawn Ryan’s 4 to 5 hour interviews with Yon as I think Yon’s better interviews are when he isn’t regulated to time constraints.  

Michael Yon is indeed a mastermind at reading history and connecting the dots of history, human nature and current events with what is expected to happen in the future as a result.  From the link in the original post of this thread, the only thing I feel that Yon has gotten wrong so far is the timing of some of his predictions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macman37:
I was informally following Yon for a while but after starting his podcast on the Shawn Ryan podcast... he's going to be getting more of my time.

He puts his money where his mouth is. Has the proverbial receipts.

Yon isn’t the best orator but in most interviews, he’s dealt with covering a wide range of information in a allocated period of time that can’t adequately cover it all so he tries to squeeze as much as he can and it often comes across and random and disorganized information.  At least, that’s my interpretation of most of his interviews.  I was really hoping for one of Shawn Ryan’s 4 to 5 hour interviews with Yon as I think Yon’s better interviews are when he isn’t regulated to time constraints.  

Michael Yon is indeed a mastermind at reading history and connecting the dots of history, human nature and current events with what is expected to happen in the future as a result.  From the link in the original post of this thread, the only thing I feel that Yon has gotten wrong so far is the timing of some of his predictions.

IMO Yon is the world’s foremost expert on the migration happening across our southern border. His experience in SF and extensive travel across the globe give him a unique perspective on the world that few others have. His problem and it’s not really a problem, is he’s too far out in front of what’s transpiring and most folks can’t see that far ahead.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:
Worrying about the census not being accurate is prepping the field for "we need to do it again with estimation" so they can change the ratio of representatives back to the blue states.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:

Alex Jones will be doing a live 2 hour broadcast tonight at 7pm eastern to go over all the different discussions and talking points regarding the eclipse.  He's stated it's the most common question he's been getting, second only to the red heifer.

banned.video

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJwzbRaXIAATX1J?format=jpg&name=large

Worrying about the census not being accurate is prepping the field for "we need to do it again with estimation" so they can change the ratio of representatives back to the blue states.

That’s exactly what they’re doing. Get ready for more ultra radical leftists in Congress. And when that happens they’ll add seats to the Supreme Court and destroy the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

They’re importing a voting base. Say goodbye to ever winning another key election. They will control both the house and senate with added seats and voters. Once this is in place America is done. All the woke agenda climate, economic and social bullshit they propose and attempt to implement will become law.

The 2024 presidential election is the last chance we have to save our country using the ballot box. And even then, if we manage to win it’s going to be ugly as they begin the pushback.
View Quote

This , 100% This .

Dems will cause the Blackswan if Trump wins.

R's are looking into the Transition Integrity Project in 2020.   An actual plot to overthrow .gov .
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Lara Logan specifically mentions China when presenting information she was given by her sources.

Lara Logan: The Media is Lying to You About What Really Happened to the Baltimore Bridge
View All Quotes

According to Chinese Canadian YouTuber Lao Deng, he received an email claiming that it is the CCP’s Ministry of State Security that orchestrated the collapse.

Interesting when you couple that with the AT&T outage a few weeks ago which some folks said the same thing about it being the Chinese.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]

IMO Yon is the world’s foremost expert on the migration happening across our southern border. His experience in SF and extensive travel across the globe give him a unique perspective on the world that few others have. His problem and it’s not really a problem, is he’s too far out in front of what’s transpiring and most folks can’t see that far ahead.
View All Quotes
I was informally following Yon for a while but after starting his podcast on the Shawn Ryan podcast... he's going to be getting more of my time.

Yep, in addition to his coverage of the current global situations, his experience in SF and as a war correspondent covering GWOT, Hong Kong, Portland, Jan. 6th, and on and on is what I was hoping to get with a longer Shawn Ryan interview.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

This , 100% This .

R's are looking into the Transition Integrity Project in 2020.   An actual plot to overthrow .gov .
View All Quotes

This , 100% This .

I wouldn’t rule out something like the plot to the book Philip Dru Administrator : a Story of Tomorrow 1920 - 1935 coming to life, either, where America goes through a second civil war to overthrow a corrupt elected President and establishes a communistic dictatorship that serves the people.

It’s even available for free to download on Kindle, too.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Interesting when you couple that with the AT&T outage a few weeks ago which some folks said the same thing about it being the Chinese.
View All Quotes

I think her presentation makes sense when coupled with the path the container ship made when trying to go through the passageway under the bridge.

It’s like a car traveling down a six lane highway, except its driving on the shoulder before making a hard right into the guardrail.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodHeat] [#14]

IMO Yon is the world's foremost expert on the migration happening across our southern border. His experience in SF and extensive travel across the globe give him a unique perspective on the world that few others have. His problem and it's not really a problem, is he's too far out in front of what's transpiring and most folks can't see that far ahead.
View All Quotes

Yon isn't the best orator but in most interviews, he's dealt with covering a wide range of information in a allocated period of time that can't adequately cover it all so he tries to squeeze as much as he can and it often comes across and random and disorganized information.  At least, that's my interpretation of most of his interviews.  I was really hoping for one of Shawn Ryan's 4 to 5 hour interviews with Yon as I think Yon's better interviews are when he isn't regulated to time constraints.  

IMO Yon is the world's foremost expert on the migration happening across our southern border. His experience in SF and extensive travel across the globe give him a unique perspective on the world that few others have. His problem and it's not really a problem, is he's too far out in front of what's transpiring and most folks can't see that far ahead.

It would broaden his audience and help his credibility if he was more cautious in his predictions. Perhaps a better understanding of the difference between "may" and "will". Zeihan has the same problem. Saying "because of x and y, we're going to see z" makes you look like a putz if z doesn't happen.

He's obviously a smart guy, and unquestionably he's going to great lengths to see things first hand. His Shawn Ryan interview was worth the two hours.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Video:

🚨🚨 Joe Biden Has Been Granting Forced Deportation Coverage & “All of these now parolees can sponsor up to four illegal immigrants per person.”

So if he grants this to all illegal migrants “That basically could add an additional 40 million people into the United States”

J.J. Carrell Former US Border Deputy Patrol Agent In Charge “Two weeks ago, President Biden did an executive order and gave deferred and forced deportation coverage to 6,000 Palestinian illegal aliens. Those 6,000 can now petition for all their family members living in the Gaza and in Palestine into America.”

“So Biden administration has taken the countries of Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua, and Venezuela, and they shortened the term down to CHNVs, okay.

They are now saying that those individuals from those countries that have been paroled into America are now legal residents and can bring all their family members in just from those nations.

However, there's a cutout that says those illegal aliens from those CHNVs can can sponsor people or family members despite them being from those from other nations meaning if I'm from Venezuela But my family members from Iran I can bring that person in from Iran. I'm not subject to that.

What's even more malicious is USCIS has now designated temporary protective status, TPS, DACA recipients, and deferred and forced deportation, which is DED. Those people under those blankets, those are all temporary 18 months, you can stay in America. They've deemed them as legal residents as well.”

This is an INSANE listen

Coming up at the bottom of the hour.

Illegal Immigrants Are Voting in US Elections | Special Live Q&A With Roman Balmakov

Illegal Immigrants Are Voting in US Elections | Special Live Q&A With Roman Balmakov

Regardless of what the legacy news outlets say, there is a growing number of municipalities in America where non-U.S. citizens can vote. In fact, there are very few state constitutions that explicitly outlaw this practice.

Furthermore, the list of areas that illegal immigrants can vote in is increasing, with multiple bills being up for a vote in the near future.

This is all atop of the fact that illegal immigrants alter our electoral landscape in many other ways as well—such as changing the congressional apportionment map, the electoral college map, as well as the amount of federal dollars that each state receives.

Join Joshua Philipp, host of Crossroads, and Roman Balmakov, host of Facts Matter, to go through all of these facts and dig into the specifics of the reality behind illegal immigrants voting in America.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Surreal

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#17]
ISIS calls for 'lone wolves' to carry out Ramadan massacre of Christians and Jews across Europe, US and Israel

- It comes on 10-year anniversary of ISIS declaration of caliphate in Iraq and Syria

A top ISIS spokesman has called on 'lone wolves' worldwide to slaughter Christians and Jews en-masse in a chilling new declaration of terror.

In a 41-minute-long recording to mark the 10-year anniversary of ISIS declaration of a caliphate in Iraq and Syria, Abu Hudhayfah al-Ansari declared Ramadan as the 'month of jihad' and urged extremists to launch attacks in the United States, Europe and Israel.

He went on to urge Muslims to leave their homes and migrate to join up with jihadists and strengthen their ranks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13251719/ISIS-calls-lone-wolves-carry-Ramadan-massacre-Christians-Jews-Europe-Israel.html
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought I had already posted this but can’t find it if I did.

Anyway, it must be an election year.

Authorities reportedly ordered Google to reveal the identities of some YouTube videos' viewers

You apparently don't have to do anything illegal for law enforcement to ask for your Google data.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/authorities-reportedly-ordered-google-to-reveal-the-identities-of-some-youtube-videos-viewers-140018019.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Google ordered to unmask certain YouTube users. Critics say it’s ‘terrifying’

Federal investigators have ordered Google to provide information on all viewers of select YouTube videos, according to multiple court orders obtained by Forbes. Privacy experts from multiple civil rights groups told Forbes they think the orders are unconstitutional because they threaten to turn innocent YouTube viewers into criminal suspects.

In a just-unsealed case from Kentucky reviewed by Forbes, undercover cops sought to identify the individual behind the online moniker “elonmuskwhm,” who they suspect of selling bitcoin for cash, potentially running afoul of money laundering laws and rules around unlicensed money transmitting.

In conversations with the user in early January, undercover agents sent links of YouTube tutorials for mapping via drones and augmented reality software, then asked Google for information on who had viewed the videos, which collectively have been watched over 30,000 times.

The court orders show the government telling Google to provide the names, addresses, telephone numbers and user activity for all Google account users who accessed the YouTube videos between January 1 and January 8, 2023. The government also wanted the IP addresses of non-Google account owners who viewed the videos. The cops argued, “There is reason to believe that these records would be relevant and material to an ongoing criminal investigation, including by providing identification information about the perpetrators.”
https://www.forbes.com.au/news/innovation/google-ordered-to-unmask-certain-youtube-users/

Feds demand unmasking of YouTube users || Tittle Tattle

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Where to Move to Escape Nuclear War

Where to Move to Escape Nuclear War

In an era where the threat of nuclear conflict looms large, it's natural to seek refuge in safer havens. Join us as we delve into expert analysis and explore potential destinations that offer protection from nuclear risks. From overlooked Pacific Islands to European enclaves, we examine the viability of various escape options, considering factors like food security, energy self-sufficiency, and geopolitical stability.

00:00 Start
00:41 Modern Nuclear Threat
1:20 Food Production
2:24 Energy Self-Sufficiency
4:44 Potential Safe Locations
6:50 Pacific Islands
9:44 Argentina
10:48 Iceland
12:22 Options in Europe
13:46 Current Social Cohesions
15:02 Building a  Passport Portfolio

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

It's my understanding the ship isn't hackable due to its age. It's not navigate by wire It's done with mechanically
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#21]
This eclipse nonsense is just getting weird, now.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By zeekh:

It's my understanding the ship isn't hackable due to its age. It's not navigate by wire It's done with mechanically
View All Quotes

She’s saying the GPS was overpowered with a stronger signal, giving the ship a false location & heading and by the time the harbor pilot realized it, it was too late to correct or stop the ship.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodHeat] [#24]

She's saying the GPS was overpowered with a stronger signal, giving the ship a false location & heading and by the time the harbor pilot realized it, it was too late to correct or stop the ship.

View All Quotes

She's saying the GPS was overpowered with a stronger signal, giving the ship a false location & heading and by the time the harbor pilot realized it, it was too late to correct or stop the ship.

She's talking out of her ass. In pilotage waters like that the GPS has absolutely zero to do with the navigation of the ship. It's all terrestrial nav, meaning looking out the window and following the channel markers, range marks, and known headings and using local knowledge (the pilot).

She really needs to shut the fuck up about things that she doesn't understand. Bannon too.

eta: If her "intelligence sources" actually told her that shit, then God help us all because they're incompetent buffoons. More likely she's making up lies about her supposed "sources", or perhaps they fed her bullshit to expose her as a moron. JFC

It's like listening to a liberal talk about guns. The shoulder thing that goes up was broken so the ship hit the bridge.

Sorry for the rant, but that's one of the most moronic takes on this event that I can imagine.

(I'm an Academy grad and a former container ship officer)

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#25]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJ3kL01WcAAdiWD?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

Is this for real?  WTF!?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

She's talking out of her ass. In pilotage waters like that the GPS has absolutely zero to do with the navigation of the ship. It's all terrestrial nav, meaning looking out the window and following the channel markers, range marks, and known headings and using local knowledge (the pilot).

She really needs to shut the fuck up about things that she doesn't understand. Bannon too.

View All Quotes

Sounds like she’s just relaying the information she was given by her sources.

If this were just an accident, this is the biggest example of pure incompetence by the pilot and the crew that I can think of.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:20:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodHeat] [#27]

Sounds like she's just relaying the information she was given by her sources.

If this were just an accident, this is the biggest example of pure incompetence by the pilot and the crew that I can think of.  

View All Quotes

See my edit. She's completely full of shit and we need to pray that she's simply lying about having "sources", because any ship's deck officer who hears that take on the incident would laugh their ass off at her theory. If she actually got it from intel sources, we're fucked because our intel guys are morons.

Incompetence on the part of the crew - sure. On the part of the pilot - no. The pilot tells the officer of the watch, usually the Captain, where to go, when to turn, what course to follow, etc. The pilot does not drive the boat, nor do they have responsibility for the health of the ship's propulsion and power generation. The pilot comes onboard maybe 30 minutes before getting underway, was directing the ship to sea, the ship crapped out, and you want to blame the pilot?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#28]

See my edit. She's completely full of shit and we need to pray that she's simply lying about having "sources", because any ship's deck officer who hears that take on the incident would laugh their ass off at the GPS spoofing suggestion. If she actually got it from intel sources, we're fucked because our intel guys are morons.

View All Quotes

See my edit. She's completely full of shit and we need to pray that she's simply lying about having "sources", because any ship's deck officer who hears that take on the incident would laugh their ass off at the GPS spoofing suggestion. If she actually got it from intel sources, we're fucked because our intel guys are morons.

I hope there’s a logical explanation somewhere here because I see no reason for that ship to have been that close to the bridge support pillar, especially when power failures are known to happen from time to time as some news outlets have reported.

As been stated regarding this issue before, the word of the government or the regular news can longer be trusted to give correct information on anything, and I sure don’t advocate silencing anyone on any particular subject, especially in this day and time.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#29]

I hope there's a logical explanation somewhere here because I see no reason for that ship to have been that close to the bridge support pillar, especially when power failures are known to happen from time to time as some news outlets have reported.

As been stated regarding this issue before, the word of the government or the regular news can longer be trusted to give correct information on anything, and I sure don't advocate silencing anyone on any particular subject, especially in this day and time.

View All Quotes

I hope there's a logical explanation somewhere here because I see no reason for that ship to have been that close to the bridge support pillar, especially when power failures are known to happen from time to time as some news outlets have reported.

As been stated regarding this issue before, the word of the government or the regular news can longer be trusted to give correct information on anything, and I sure don't advocate silencing anyone on any particular subject, especially in this day and time.

There's no mystery here. The ship was dead smack in the middle of the outbound traffic lane shown on the chart until it had the system failure. It was exactly where it was supposed to be. Ships pass close to bridges all over the world...what would you expect, an extra thousand feet or two of unsupported span to give the ships more wiggle room?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#30]

There's no mystery here. The ship was dead smack in the middle of the outbound traffic lane shown on the chart until it had the system failure. It was exactly where it was supposed to be. Ships pass close to bridges all over the world...what would you expect, an extra thousand feet or two of unsupported span to give the ships more wiggle room?

View All Quotes

Well if that’s the case, we certainly see the consequences of passing that close to the bridge support.  Perhaps there should be new procedures for getting as close to the inside lane as possible, especially when there’s no inbound traffic to contend with.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Well if that's the case, we certainly see the consequences of passing that close to the bridge support.  Perhaps there should be new procedures for getting as close to the inside lane as possible, especially when there's no inbound traffic to contend with.

View All Quotes

Well if that's the case, we certainly see the consequences of passing that close to the bridge support.  Perhaps there should be new procedures for getting as close to the inside lane as possible, especially when there's no inbound traffic to contend with.

Modern bridges have dolphins and fendering systems that would have prevented, or at least made less likely, an incident like this. The same kind of thing happened in Tampa bay and the new bridge is built differently as a result.

That said, there will always be ships passing close to bridges. My first ship used to clear a bridge span above it by maybe three feet in Port Elizabeth NJ. Ships actually steer at each other a bit in the Houston ship channel and then let their bow waves push them away from each other when passing. It's scary the first time you see it from the bridge wing.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Modern bridges have dolphins and fendering systems that would have prevented, or at least made less likely, an incident like this. The same kind of thing happened in Tampa bay and the new bridge is built differently as a result.

That said, there will always be ships passing close to bridges. My first ship used to clear a bridge span above it by maybe three feet in Port Elizabeth NJ. Ships actually steer at each other a bit in the Houston ship channel and then let their bow waves push them away from each other when passing. It's scary the first time you see it from the bridge wing.

View All Quotes

Like my analogy that I used earlier in this thread, if I’m driving down a six lane highway, I’m not driving on the shoulder right next to the guardrail.  I don’t consider that being overly cautious.  I just consider that common sense.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#33]

She’s saying the GPS was overpowered with a stronger signal, giving the ship a false location & heading and by the time the harbor pilot realized it, it was too late to correct or stop the ship.

View All Quotes

OK, sorry didn't listen to the end.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

Is this for real?  WTF!?
View All Quotes

Is this for real?  WTF!?

Yes, it's for real, but it's not any and all trucks like the tweet wants you to believe.  It's just oversize/overweight permitted loads.  We're expecting/preparing for a shit ton of traffic at the conclusion of the eclipse.  If things go to gridlock, having oversize loads on on the road taking up 2 lanes only adds to the chaos.  It's not a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#35]

https://science.nasa.gov/solar-system/skywatching/nasa-to-launch-sounding-rockets-into-moons-shadow-during-solar-eclipse/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13249813/CERN-accelerator-smash-particles-solar-eclipse.html

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bigvic:

Yes, it's for real, but it's not any and all trucks like the tweet wants you to believe.  It's just oversize/overweight permitted loads.  We're expecting/preparing for a shit ton of traffic at the conclusion of the eclipse.  If things go to gridlock, having oversize loads on on the road taking up 2 lanes only adds to the chaos.  It's not a conspiracy.
View All Quotes

Is this for real?  WTF!?

Well, that sounds much more reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Is this for real?  WTF!?

This. There will be a few hours on Monday of people parking along highways, not paying attention, and generally being stupid.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#38]

https://science.nasa.gov/solar-system/skywatching/nasa-to-launch-sounding-rockets-into-moons-shadow-during-solar-eclipse/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13249813/CERN-accelerator-smash-particles-solar-eclipse.html

View Quote

Why would studying a rare event be considered strange?

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Like my analogy that I used earlier in this thread, if I’m driving down a six lane highway, I’m not driving on the shoulder right next to the guardrail.  I don’t consider that being overly cautious.  I just consider that common sense.

View Quote

Design of those piers appears to be aimed at aesthetics , not surviving a ship collision .    Definite lack of mass and no Fender system to deflect or dissipate a ships kinetic energy .  The governing body does bear some responsibility here , they assumed a ship would never hit it ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

It's all the hype around it I find strange.  It's an eclipse, and they are awesome to see, yet it is a short duration event; but some of these government entities and medial outlets are acting like it's Y2K all over again with their proclamations and survival guides.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Is this for real?  WTF!?

Agree. I think it’s getting blown out of proportion. I’d imagine there are also going to be lots of idiots pulling over on the sides of the highways to watch. What this is though is a sign of the times we’re living in with all the lies by government and the distrust created by that. Same thing as the bridge collision questioning.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#42]

Design of those piers appears to be aimed at aesthetics , not surviving a ship collision .    Definite lack of mass and no Fender system to deflect or dissipate a ships kinetic energy .  The governing body does bear some responsibility here , they assumed a ship would never hit it ?
View All Quotes

Responsibility and accountability, two things that seem to have become extremely rare from the highest in government to the lowest of low in a community.  I see a lack of that in society as being even more dangerous than many of the other threats we face.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#43]

It's all the hype around it I find strange.  It's an eclipse, and they are awesome to see, yet it is a short duration event; but some of these government entities and medial outlets are acting like it's Y2K all over again with their proclamations and survival guides.

View All Quotes

This is just my opinion but several topics within this thread have taken me down dark holes were the discussions of the roots of our main religions being heavily influenced and even based on pagan worship of the sun, moon, & stars are found.  I really think the basis for the heightened hype & strange coincidences surrounding this eclipse are because of that.

Sounds crazy, right?  It sounded crazy to me once, too.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

My thoughts also
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Responsibility and accountability, two things that seem to have become extremely rare from the highest in government to the lowest of low in a community.  I see a lack of that in society as being even more dangerous than many of the other threats we face.

View All Quotes

Responsibility and accountability falling to the most vulnerable…

Tough on the VICTIMS of crime: St Louis Democrat mayor blames convenience store owners for crimes that happen on their property and vows to hold them 'accountable' for lawbreaking

- St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones told the Black Mayors' Coalition on Crime she plans to make convenience store owners more responsible for crimes on or near their properties

-The plans are inspired by those used in Atlanta, Georgia that makes nightclub owners more liable for crimes on their premises

- It comes as the city grapples with a spate of high profile attacks, including the assault on fifteen-year-old Kaylee Gain earlier this month.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13253823/St-Louis-Mayor-Tishaura-Jones-blames-store-owners-crimes.html

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#46]
China is KlLLING AMERICANS!!!

China is KlLLING AMERICANS!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Its project managers and bureaucrats saving money.   No protection for the piers was just stupid and last i heard there were 2 pilots on that boat sonthe chnaces of some kind of foul play outside and engine sabotage is unlikely.  Im in the incompetence and bean counter cost cutting caused this.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Looks like that’s exactly what happened in El Paso.  Reports are also saying that the ‘migrates’ have been instructed to become more aggressive in confronting law enforcement at the border.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmoow_9Bnc

A migrant with bolt cutters snipped a wire border fence Sunday, then led dozens of migrants through the hole — only to be turned back to Mexico by National Guard troops.

The Post observed as the migrants pulled fencing away and pushed through the state’s concertina-wire barrier near a gate in the wall, entering the US illegally, near El Paso, Texas.

Footage of the incident taken by The Post showed guardsmen appearing and blocking the migrants, and directing them away from Gate 45, which is not a legal port of entry, and back to Mexican territory.

The incident comes days after another encounter a few miles away at Gate 36 in the border — where more than 100 people bum-rushed Texas National Guard soldiers last Thursday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UusHUwjr0

Agents working at the U.S. southern border are fearful that migrants attempting to enter the country illegally are becoming increasingly aggressive toward law enforcement. NewsNation's Ali Bradley shares the latest details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSgpB1zLAo

National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd joins NewsNation to discuss the growing threats against law enforcement at the border.

View All Quotes
New York City will fall…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmoow_9Bnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UusHUwjr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSgpB1zLAo

I agree theyre definitely pushing for a reaction.   The left is already trying to frame the story so anyone definsing the border looks bad.  

I heard one lefty say " they were on US soil already.    The tx guard was just trying to stop them from reaching Border patrol.  They had no right to impeded them. "

the problem is we've allowed the argument to become once they cross the border they have a right to be here.  For years The GOP has not been helpful here either with thier compassionate conservitism comprehensive immigration reform etc.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I agree theyre definitely pushing for a reaction.   The left is already trying to frame the story so anyone definsing the border looks bad.  

I heard one lefty say " they were on US soil already.    The tx guard was just trying to stop them from reaching Border patrol.  They had no right to impeded them. "

the problem is we've allowed the argument to become once they cross the border they have a right to be here.  For years The GOP has not been helpful here either with thier compassionate conservitism comprehensive immigration reform etc.  

View Quote

Ain’t that the truth!  The goalposts are constantly being moved on a multitude of issues and we wonder why we keep losing?

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Responsibility and accountability falling to the most vulnerable…

Tough on the VICTIMS of crime: St Louis Democrat mayor blames convenience store owners for crimes that happen on their property and vows to hold them 'accountable' for lawbreaking

- St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones told the Black Mayors' Coalition on Crime she plans to make convenience store owners more responsible for crimes on or near their properties

-The plans are inspired by those used in Atlanta, Georgia that makes nightclub owners more liable for crimes on their premises

- It comes as the city grapples with a spate of high profile attacks, including the assault on fifteen-year-old Kaylee Gain earlier this month.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13253823/St-Louis-Mayor-Tishaura-Jones-blames-store-owners-crimes.html

View Quote

Mental illness is everywhere.
Page / 257
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top