Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m surprised that slimeball still has all those harlots hanging around him.

I wonder if these ‘celebrities’ who visit him get to test drive more than his guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I stopped watching F1 a decade ago, so without the detailed background I'm not getting your point...are you agreeing with me?
View Quote

You're saying he's far above average for an F1 driver.

He's not.

They're all high above the average but in F1 the car matters as much as the driver. Lewis' teammate is wiping the floor with him and LeClerc will wipe the floor with him next year too.

None of them are there by accident even ones who got there through ownership and money. They're all elite, even Lance Stroll who shouldn't really be in F1.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He's not.

They're all high above the average but in F1 the car matters as much as the driver. Lewis' teammate is wiping the floor with him and LeClerc will wipe the floor with him next year too.
View Quote

Lol.

F1 is money driven.  You don't pay a guy as much as he gets if he's average.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He's not.

None of them are there by accident even ones who got there through ownership and money. They're all elite, even Lance Stroll who shouldn't really be in F1.
View Quote

Oh, okay I get it. Still, (internet again) there are 20 drivers, at least this year, in the field. Are you saying if you handed the fastest car to the #10 ranked driver and worked down to #20, they'd consistently place in the top 20% of the field?

Might not have said that well. The current dead-last points guy, given the fastest car, would suddenly finish in one of the top four positions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh, okay I get it. Still, (internet again) there are 20 drivers, at least this year, in the field. Are you saying if you handed the fastest car to the #10 ranked driver and worked down to #20, they'd consistently place in the top 20% of the field?
View Quote

No, Perez is a great example of that although he does place in the top %20 typically. Logan Sargeant wouldn't but he is in his second season so I don't know. I don't see it happening.

Lewis is definitely better than a lot of current drivers but if you put everyone in the exact same car right now with the same strategy, Max and LeClerc would dominate. I think Alonso is better than Lewis.

I don't want to shit on Lewis too much just because he's the most unlikable person alive. He's extremely talented, just extremely overrated.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
He's "training" in the same way that I'm "training" to be a professional whitewater rafter the one time a year that I go.  

It's just a thing he's doing.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Being at his level as a driver requires quick reflexes, vision and coordination.

Seems logical.  Still pretty good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Internet says the average F1 driver has reflexes twice as fast as a normal person. He's won seven world titles, so he's way above the average F1 driver. Add in the eyesight, hand-to-eye coordination and low power loads and I can see him doing that pretty easily.

His reasonably-priced-car lap on Top Gear look pretty boring. He actually spun on the practice lap, but was chatting and smiling, zero stress and a lot of fucking around for the camera during the real lap. I started to think he was just fucking around, but when you beat the rest of the F1 board that badly it says something.

He may be an unlikable douche, but he isn't there by accident. Start at 6:40.
View Quote

Ah... back when Top Gear was fun.

The training professional drivers do nowadays is impressive. My b-i-l was a pretty good local/regional stockcar racer. In one race, he sung some kids camp song for almost 2 laps because the car was horrible, due to an old spare we had to put on. He visited his buddy who was an avid hunter (and raced supercross), and they went to a local skeet range. My b-i-l shot a little when he was younger, but he focused on engine-powered endeavors. So shooting skeet for the first time, he beat the shop "pro" that was showing them around.

So yeah, some people are gifted with excellent hand-eye coordination that can translate.

iirc, Lewis also had a place in Miami. I find it hard to believe he never experienced being American.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, Perez is a great example of that although he does place in the top %20 typically. Logan Sargeant wouldn't but he is in his second season so I don't know. I don't see it happening.

Lewis is definitely better than a lot of current drivers but if you put everyone in the exact same car right now with the same strategy, Max and LeClerc would dominate. I think Alonso is better than Lewis.

I don't want to shit on Lewis too much just because he's the most unlikable person alive. He's extremely talented, just extremely overrated.

View Quote

Flip the script. Valteri went from being Hamilton's 2nd and vying for wins every week and now he's at the bottom of the pack.

F1 cars are more important than drivers. Good drivers will make a bad car good. Good drivers will make a great car unbeatable. A great car can make a bad driver good, but not great.

RE: Lance Stroll - if you're "forced" into the life at an early age, you will naturally assume skills most others won't. It doesn't make you great at the sport. Nepotism is one of the greatest failings in motorsports.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m surprised that slimeball still has all those harlots hanging around him.

I wonder if these ‘celebrities’ who visit him get to test drive more than his guns.
View Quote

“Shoot off a few loads”, “Shoot a few loads”…
Tomato:Tomato
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top