Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Friggin' fried chicken prices are insane.  Everywhere you go, it's over $3 per piece.  And that does not include sides or drinks.

Popeye's is the worst because their chicken pieces are so small.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:23:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#2]
$12.99 for 2 can dine 5 pc chicken, 2 regular sides, 2  bisquits in the app.  

$25.99 for a 10 piece, 2 large sides, 5 bisquits in the app.

People are ratarded. There's a bunch of ratards around here that refuse to load apps to get the deals, but turn around and bitch about how expensive the fast food they just bought is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:29:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HDLS:

People are ratarded. There's a bunch of ratards around here that refuse to load apps to get the deals, but turn around and bitch about how expensive the fast food they just bought is.
View Quote

Yeh, I'm not gonna load restaurant-specific software onto my phone just to save a few bucks.  How many apps you got on that phone?

Signed-
Ratard
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:01:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#5]
Originally Posted By glock27bill:

Yeh, I'm not gonna load restaurant-specific software onto my phone just to save a few bucks.  How many apps you got on that phone?

Signed-
Ratard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Signed-
Ratard

Oh, and 87 apps Ratard.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Efl15:

Popeyes > Chick-fil-A
View Quote

According to whom?
Let's examine quarterly sales for the last five years and I'm not talking about what an employee be thinking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

I cant stand either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHN57ffa-9U

What does this prove?
Both the Popeyes in Bremen and Cedartown are not nearly as busy as the Chick FIL a.
Let go naturally too for years.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Were these women black or white? I ask only because I have never seen a white woman request “extra strawberry flavor” in their lemonade.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:06:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_Billy] [#9]

Signed-
Ratard
View All Quotes

Signed-
Ratard

I was laughing so hard I started crying. This why I read GD, carry on!

Also the Borat Retard scene keeps playing in my head now.

I think at least 2 retards have now escaped...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:  My girlfriend and I made a rare trip through Wendy's today. In four years together we've had fast food less than once a year.
We got Baconator combos and my total was around $32. It's a good thing I was in my car sitting down. My wallet cried out in pain.
Fuck that noise. I'll keep cooking at home.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

This...

I've never been one to use coupons... I found some Popeyes coupons and damn sure use em!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I did something unusual for me. I stopped at Hardee’s for breakfast and got a biscuit combo. It was almost $8. I was shocked.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mech2007] [#14]
You know you're in the ghetto when your fast food places are Popeye's and White Castle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]
In all fairness, "Alabama Level Obese" is a pretty....broad standard.

I mean, Pluto was dropped for less.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn...you ate at a Popeyes?
View Quote

Popeyes chicken sandwich is the best chicken sandwich.

It'll kill you, but it is the best.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:

I am old enough to be sick of fast food, and the price has pretty much made me completely give it up. It's not that I can't afford it,  it just annoys me.
View Quote

This. Definitely this.

The wife and I just look at each other and say "This is insulting" and leave.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#18]
When I made much less money than I do now I ate fast food all the time-of course it was much cheaper. But it was a habit I could indulge in when I was poor and the only serious consequence was nutritional/health.

Now, the price/portion size value proposition has changed so much that fast food is an example of how it’s expensive to be poor.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By blue2golf:
Fast food ain't worth it.  Spare us the angst.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Popeye's was great in the early '80s.

They're much more expensive and not as good now,
but I still have a taste for it sometimes.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:49:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HairyClipper] [#21]
Last week a couple of our mechanics went to the local Subway to bring lunch back to the shop to eat.  The order was 2 foot long subs as a meal, so they each got a small bag of potatoe chips and a soft drink.  The total was $34.00.  Not that we eat fast food very often, but, after an order at Wendy's about a week ago the Mrs. said no more fast food, I can make a better hamburger for under $2.00 at home.  Looks like they are about to price themselves out of existence!

P.S.  The best food deal right now is in the Deli area of Walmart, get the rotisserie chicken for under $7.00.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:51:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-10] [#22]
My wife and I ate Chinese food.
$36.00 bought us both 5 meals worth of food.
She had garlic shrimp, I had cashew shrimp.
With 6 egg rolls and, 2 breaded shrimp, and 4 cream cheese wontons.  
A family value meal.

We ate a meal a day for 5 days.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AR-10:
My wife and I ate Chinese food.
$36.00 bought us both 5 meals worth of food.
She had garlic shrimp, I had cashew shrimp.
With 6 egg rolls and, 2 breaded shrimp, and 4 cream cheese wontons.  
A family value meal.

We ate a meal a day for 5 days.
View Quote

This is SOP
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#24]
A five guys meal for one is going to run closer to $24 last I bothered to spend money there, and that's nothing fancy - tea, burger, fries.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I somewhat justify the $100k my wife blew on a new/major kitchen renovation by vowing to avoid going out for dinner ever again.
'Bitch got three fuckin' ovens a six burner gas range, two refrigerators, two sinks counter space/pantries galore and a 12' island...
Aint no reason to go out for dinner no mo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Our culture would collapse - collapse faster - without the lowly chicken.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Girlieman:
I somewhat justify the $100k my wife blew on a new/major kitchen renovation by vowing to avoid going out for dinner ever again.
'Bitch got three fuckin' ovens a six burner gas range, two refrigerators, two sinks counter space/pantries galore and a 12' island...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#28]
A chicken sandwhich at Popeyes is $5, get a water with it.

$5 bucks isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Going with the 10 piece deal for $25 tonight. Just don't feel like cooking today.
Been a couple of years, but we don't mind Popeyes.
Way better than the soggy hate chicken.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Both the Popeyes near me have made it clear that they don't want any White customers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cmca:
I spent $8 today at my local, family run BBQ. Got a big, delicious steak and cheese, with real steak, and a big pile of handcut fries.

FFF.
View Quote

Don't believe you. BBQ is one of the places that's always high priced. Those prices would be 1980s.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/426a97976c230c73d9d77afe1aff6eb8/tenor.gif?itemid=13359139

...and she retired on Friday so finally I will get to live my Ward Cleaver lifestyle of having a stay at home wife who has dinner on the table when I get home..!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Every time I read the Permissions that apps give themselves, I decline to install them.  Even a daggone bird watching app wants access to my Contacts list.  It sucks, because there's a ton of underutilized computer power in my phone, but I'm not opening the door to having my life data-harvested (any more than it already is.)

Perhaps you've gone in the right direction by installing so many apps that you've diminished the value of your data, since everyone has it.  Maybe I could add a second line to my Verizon account and get a cheap phone for this kind of stuff...or get an extra phone from  Consumer Cellular.  I wonder if it would pay for itself...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridahunter07] [#35]
Right before going to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay in February this year with my buddy, when we got rained out of diving for a day:

Attachment Attached File

It was literally a sausage and egg biscuit with tater tots, but disassembled... and a "souvenir" drink which was the only cup option on the menu, it was some shitty plastic cup I'm sure my wife is now using for plant seedlings. He threw his away.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
My girlfriend and I made a rare trip through Wendy's today. In four years together we've had fast food less than once a year.

We got Baconator combos and my total was around $32. It's a good thing I was in my car sitting down. My wallet cried out in pain.

View Quote

Every once in a while I'd get a big box of Popeye's chicken and freeze it for future meals.  It used to be a good deal if you waited for the coupons.  A few months ago I felt like some fried chicken so I went online and looked at Popeye's menu to decide what I wanted before I drove there.  $24 for an 8 piece box, with no sides!!!!  I was pissed, and still wanted fried chicken.  So I went to the grocery store and bought myself a whole chicken, cut it up, and fried it for a fraction of the cost (plus I simmered the carcass for stock.)  As I was cutting the breasts in half because they were so large, it hit me that those $3 pieces of Popeye's chicken look like they come off of a 1# bird.  The price of their chicken on a per-pound basis must be ginormous.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
My girlfriend and I made a rare trip through Wendy's today. In four years together we've had fast food less than once a year.

View Quote

Wife and I like Wendy's when we are out. Can still get the $5 grab bag there.

Jr. Bacon cheeseburger, small fries, small drink, and 4 piece chicken nuggets.

Perfectly adequate for anyone that cares about their daily caloric intake being reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

I bet you think mayo is too spicy.
View Quote

Went to Louisiana for the first time in my life last year. With the exception of one small local eatery, I was majorly disappointed with the low-quality and lack in variety of the food.

Wildly overrated. Even at the more expensive places.

There are "cajun" restaurants in St. Louis far better than anything I had in New Orleans. I suppose the locals here are trying harder.

South Broadway Oyster Bar has been awesome for decades. And there are plenty of other options when it's too crowded.

Blew my mind that I couldn't find reliable Louisiana cooking in Louisiana.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I paid $39.00 the other day for a meal for three at IKEA. No desserts, just standard meatball meals and a drink. Not long ago that would have been a $20 meal.

But I expect it's just transitory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#40]
OP you know you got a pic of that ass.

Post it
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]

How do you go to Popeyes and not get spicy tenders with red beans & rice?

A sandwich???

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Food prices will not go down under progressive liberal rulers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I just had a Popeyes open up in my AO. How long before property valuers drop?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#44]
GD has had some really good content lately.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:
I have yet to find any Popeye's that serves anything worth a damn.

Have a friend who insists it's the best though. He lived a few years in Louisiana, but I don't believe that lends him any extra credibility.

I'd rank Cane's
KFC
Chic-fil-a
Slim Chickens
Zaxby's
Bojangle's
Way above Popeye's.

I've never had Lee's or Church's but there are a bunch of them in the neighborhoods you would expect.

Even Chester Fried Chicken at the boondocks gas stations have better chicken than what I've gotten from Popeye's.
View Quote
The fact that you rank Canes anywhere but the gutter makes your entire post untrustworthy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JeepersCreepers:

How do you go to Popeyes and not get spicy tenders with red beans & rice?

A sandwich???

View Quote

Brand new Popeye's opened in Eureka, Mo. last Summer. I wanted to give it a try because I've had bad Popeye's already and was willing to blame that on "gentrification".

Ordered the spicy tenders with red beans and rice. Wife got regular tenders with Mac n cheese.

Not only was the chicken dry as shit and flavorless, but the mac'n cheese was like spackle and my beans and rice was served in a 2 ounce paper cup. That was a good thing because it was nothing but watery beans and rice with a tiny speck of green pepper swimming in the Grey "broth".
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:23:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Giltweasel] [#47]
Originally Posted By November5:
The fact that you rank Canes anywhere but the gutter makes your entire post untrustworthy.
View Quote

Only one of those listed I enjoyed was Slim Chickens. But the point of the list is Popeye's was squarely at the bottom.

I'll grant that's the bottom of the gutter.

My hometown had a place, Brock's Chicken Inn. Everybody local loved it. I could tolerate it.  Wasn't Cajun themed. More of a country home cookin' vibe.

Lots of people I went to school with worked there.
Guy I ate lunch with and was in band with worked in their kitchen.

He told me their famous fried chicken came into the place in a large yard and garden sized clear plastic bag filled with all the pieces pre-breaded and frozen.
His claim was that at least 10% of every bag arrived with green mold on it and often it was closer to 25% and even 50!.

Said they didn't trash any of that and it all went in the fryers and went out to the dining room or the many take out orders.

The nearby KFC shut down for a month when I was in high school when the manager's son was discovered to be jerking off into the cole slaw on a regular basis for 2 or 3 years.

I'd bet everyone raving about Popeye's in this thread has eaten worse at their pet hang out and still can't help but claim it's the best evar!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Only one of those listed I enjoyed was Slim Chickens. But the point of the list is Popeye's was squarely at the bottom.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By November5:

I've found that Popeyes quality varies greatly by location.  The better the neighborhood, the better the Popeyes.  Chick-fil-a, while not great, will be consistently ok no matter where you are.  Canes will be consistently garbage, everywhere.  I'm convinced they bread their chicken in used ashtrays and put cocaine in their sauce, which is the only reason people go back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn...you ate at a Popeyes?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I'm in the process of a similar arrangement. She sticking to her side of the bargain?
We kinda have to eat in anyway.
Going carb free again after falling off the wagon while on vacation in the land of Pasta.
Trying to eat carb free in restaurants is an exercise in frustration and wallet torture.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top