Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 6/13/2023 12:27:03 AM EDT
I would have never picked something like this but the prequel book Dead Acre was a free Audible title a few years ago.  It was narrated by Roger Clark who did the voice of Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2.  He's excellent in both roles.

They describe the books as The Witcher meets The Dresden files.  I've read some of The Witcher and played The Witcher 3 but have not yet read any Dresden Files.

Dead Acre is the prequel (book #0.5) and where I was introduced.  I'm currently listening to Cold as Hell (book #1.0) and have Vein Pursuits (book #2.0) queued up.  Dead Acre is audiobook only, but #1 and #2 are available in print.  However, the performance of Roger Clark alone is worth it to do the audiobooks.

Dead Acre is a novella and only a couple hours long.  If one wanted to jump right into Cold as Hell in print they'd be okay and not be lost from missing Dead Acre.

COLD AS HELL by Rhett C. Bruno & Jaime Castle
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Dead Acre is still free on Audible, I just downloaded it.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Still free
Gonna try it this week
Thx
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Dead acre was a worthy listen 3.5 out of 5.  

The narrator was excellent.

I might try the next book
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top