Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 7:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TontoGoldstein]
Spoiler warning!!!

The production values of this star-free movie are pretty good. Lots of various guns. Other than a huge amount of ammo the characters would have to carry for the several running gun battles.

Spoiler warning!!!

A bank robbery goes very badly. Bad guys turn to equally bad guys for help. Turns out badly.

The similarities to Heat are considerable. But the film never comes across as cheap or cutting corners.

On Prime and Apple in addition to Hulu.

4/5
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good crime action flick.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only watched as far as the first gun battle, but that crew rolls *heavy*.  Entirely .30cal as far as I could tell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Filmed all over New Orleans.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty good movie so far. There should be “a guns of The Channel” meme, because every bad guy had a different rifle in one of the first action scenes. I think I even saw one character with an M1A SOCOM or tanker.

If I was running a bank robbery crew, every person would have compatible guns, magazines and ammo. Also a question about the bank robbery scene in Heat.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Bunch of young vets like that I think they'd all have ARs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By zebfishzap:
Pretty good movie so far. There should be "a guns of The Channel" meme, because every bad guy had a different rifle in one of the first action scenes. I think I even saw one character with an M1A SOCOM or tanker.

If I was running a bank robbery crew, every person would have compatible guns, magazines and ammo. Also a question about the bank robbery scene in Heat.
Bunch of young vets like that I think they'd all have ARs

It is a William Kaufman film. In his films, you can expect two things:

1) Good weapons handling and shootout scenes
2) Kaufman walked into the prop gun armory room and said "One of everything please"
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]

oh_theres_a_fuckin_surprise.gif
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

oh_theres_a_fuckin_surprise.gif
View Quote

Yep.  Clear indication that I would enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It was pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Watching it now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top