Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Unless I am mistaken, I think this is Mike standing behind his Jeep holding what is no doubt a machine gun at Bulletfest 4.

Damn shame.

My condolences to those who knew him well.

R.I.P. Mike.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad news

Damn cheatin women
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgAAAM4TjpHG2ODr7WYh3SrGFZrhTwFwb*7nvDvkfbyI5X4feuc93GHsCbYe2xemSflvu2kNIfYdjFQJUo5lYzCkjRpYdOqVOJgE!tR0K3Y/mike.JPG?dc=4675488189266311537

Unless I am mistaken, I think this is Mike standing behind his Jeep holding what is no doubt a machine gun at Bulletfest 4.

Damn shame.

My condolences to those who knew him well.

R.I.P. Mike.

I think that's who it is. Another pic maybe - in the camo hat and top?

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yup. mike was not exactly 'thinking clearly' at the time, shall we say.

from the info i got, mike was only trying to hit his bud. the others were caught in the field of fire.

crap!

over a woman!

guys, whatever the reason...IT JUST AIN'T WORTH GOING DOWN THAT ROAD!

+1

I didn't know him, but in a way I feel like I do now. I stood at the edge of that road once in my life. It took alot of reflection on life as a whole to clear my mind from the poisonous thought.

Trust me, it isnt an easy thing for guys like us.

I pray that God has mercy upon his soul and he is at peace. Shit like this is just really hard for some people to deal with. It isn't fair, but then again life isnt always.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#7]
maybe he owns a copy of Catcher in the Rye
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!  This guy had to know what a critical juncture we're at with the AWB.  What a selfish piece of dogshit!

Wow you described your self on the dot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Considering the field day the papers could have had with this story , "Mad Sniper", Machine Gun, Assault Weapon, etc, and played it damn straight.  The thinking that this is part of a conspiracy, especially after you have guys that know him indicated he was a good guy reeks of tin foil that needs loosening.

Naah, I don't really believe there is a conspiracy, but the timing does suck...you know how the media tends to run with these things...remember, I called it last week...you were warned...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn. Sorry to hear this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:55:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Geez, was this guy at Bulletfest V?  I know there was a guy with an Army Jeep there, but I'm trying to figure out if this is the same dude?  Anyone have a pic to share?  

Sigh... sad news indeed

I was ".....a guy with an Army Jeep" at BF.The one Miss Redstar was looking so good on.Mike had the "other" Jeep.I have a beard,Mike did not.Mike usually wore a "Bald"haircut and was built like a fireplug.Mike was 32.I am 55.Mike sat up to my left at the last BF.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Guys, if you absolutely have to take someone out, what's wrong with a garotte in the middle of the night?  Or a K-Bar?  So much less likely to get you arrested...  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:57:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:00:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Killed himself & Shot a bunch of innocents over a woman?
He could'nt have just used a baseball bat on the prick !!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:03:54 AM EDT
[#18]
If it isn't wrong of me to ask... What was his screen name on here. I know alot of people I coraspond with here only by there screen name... WOW only 32... Just to think if he could have let it go and took his losses he would have met another  woman, better and prettier. There alway's another whoever in your life people. I love mine I got now for 15 years ..but if God takes her or we split.. There another woman out there.. Always has been... Always will be... WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:08:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#21]
HAND GRENADES????  WTF???

I have talked with Mike a few times at Bulletfest. I highly doubt that he had live grenades in his possesion. Most likely gun show dummy grenades. Stupid fucking reporters going for the "shock value".
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#22]

RIP
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#23]
This is going to become a BIG anti-gun political football.Very few places are more anti-American than Cleveland Ohio.The DU kommies know a "Good"piece of agitprop when they see it.Before it is done and after it is "Adjusted for content" the Harwood suicide will be about a middle aged white man conservative going on a shooting spree to kill schoolchildren like his "mentors" in Russia.Mike.........
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#24]
... Sad news all around. I’m sorry some of you lost a friend over the deal but don’t try spinning this into anything honorable or justifiable. Some women are low-down cheating, good for nothing air-suckers. Some men are too. It doesn’t make it right to go on a shooting rampage and slaughter them, no matter how much you think they deserve it.

... Mike chose the path he took to shoot up innocent people and I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. I feel badly for his victims, his family and friends but not him. If there is a God, he is getting his punishment for his bad decisions now. Yet the wench still walks the earth to screw over the next guy. No winners.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]
***Edited to correct mistaken identity***
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:30:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

winston, what mike did is not being spun. frankly, he acted like a complete fool and, of course, a common criminal. as dinkydow has stated, the press will have a field day with mike's last minutes on this planet. like i said, he should have blown away his problem, not his friend and himself.

lumpy, my guess is that mike had dummy grenades also.

Ain't that the truth. So far the local news has run the footage of the cops taking weapons out of his house a few times, making sure to focus on the M2 or 1919 and ammo boxes. With regard to the grenades, apparently he had given some of the dummy grenades to some kids and they were interviewing the mom who had great lines like "he used to go in the back there and shoot off guns" and "he gave my kids some grenades, but they were the kind that had gone off already".

The media is giving it's spin to the story, but it hasn't been splashed across the headlines here in Cleveland city - looks like they're more interested in Slick Willy's recovery efforts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#29]
This morning on CSPAN,Fiendstein mentioned the"............sensless slaughter (by an assault rifle)in Geneva Ohio." What a way to be remembered.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i ain't seen one yet that was worth eating a bullet over.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#33]
More:

Sounds of 'fireworks' shatter early morning calm

A light mist was falling about 8 a.m. Tuesday, as parents walked their children to Geneva Elementary School.
Employees at NAPA Auto Parts were just opening up the store at 217 W. Main St., and Gwen Tingley was checking out her customers' cars in the parking lot of Geneva Quick Lube, at 150 W. Main St.
Crystal Haumesser, who lives just west of NAPA, at 243 W. Main St., had just bid goodbye to her friend Yvonne Johnson, who was walking three children - ages 5, 7 and 8 - across Route 20 - known as West Main Street - toward the school.
Suddenly, sounds first identified by many eyewitnesses as "fireworks" shattered the early morning calm.
"I heard shots, so I came out here, and there was a man standing on the sidewalk with a gun pointed at a green Buick," Haumesser said. "There was a guy trying to get out of the car while it was still moving. He got out the passenger side and started running."
Meanwhile, the gunman stood on the sidewalk just feet from Haumesser's house and continued to shoot, she said.
Police later identified the gunman as 32-year-old Michael J. Harwood of Madison Township.
"He took off walking then, not fast. I went and called 911," Haumesser said.
Johnson said her back was to the shooter, and she didn't see what happened first.
"I thought there was a blown tire, but it got louder," Johnson said. "We ran for our lives. I don't know how we didn't get shot."
Haumesser said she thinks the gunman actually pointed his weapon at her friend and the children, and pulled the trigger. He then turned his attention back to the driver of the Buick, who apparently was the intended victim.
Johnson said the victim ran past her as he tried to get away. He even splashed blood on her as he fled.
Also among the Geneva residents who experienced Tuesday morning's mayhem firsthand was City Manager James Pearson.
Pearson said he was leaving his house about 8 a.m. when he heard the sound of gunfire.
Formerly the police chief in the city of 5,700, Pearson was able to put his experience to use in responding to the crisis.
He immediately drove the short distance to city hall and called into work every available officer from the police department.
"We called in everybody who was off duty," Pearson said. Mutual aid from the Ashtabula County Sheriff's Department and the Geneva-on-the-Lake Police Department also was dispatched to the scene of the shooting.
Pearson praised both departments for their quick response and said city police received "excellent cooperation" from the county and village police agencies.
The city manager said "hundreds" of 911 and other emergency calls were received by the police department for at least four hours after the shooting had ended.
The volume of calls prompted the city manager, coffee mug in hand, to spend Tuesday morning at the police department, helping the on-duty dispatcher respond to anxious residents.
Tingley, manager of the Geneva Quick Lube, said she was checking customers' cars, "getting the day going."
The shop is on the south side of Route 20, across the street and east of where the gunman was.
"Next thing I knew, there was a bunch of gunplay," Tingley said.
"There were bullet holes in some of the cars, and I felt something 'bite' me in the leg."
Tingley said she thought someone was shooting at her. She dove into a car and stayed there until the shooting stopped.
A bullet grazed her leg, breaking the skin, but it did little real damage, Tingley said. She went to the hospital for a tetanus shot, and was back on the job a short time later.
Tingley said one of the bullets actually passed through a heavy metal snowplow on a truck in the parking lot with no apparent trouble.
Employees at NAPA said they were in the shop and heard a few shots.
"A green car was stopped, and the man peppered it with bullets," said an employee, who preferred to remain anonymous. "A man got out of the passenger side, limping, running and bleeding.
"There were kids with parents walking to school," he added.
The NAPA employees said the gunman "casually walked down the street" as the victim fled, obviously badly wounded. The gunman was dressed in a black shirt, camouflage shorts and work boots.
The gun looked like a "MAC 9" or an Uzi machine gun, the witness said.
"He fired a few more shots and kept walking until we couldn't see him anymore," the witness said. "Then we heard a couple more shots, and then nothing."
Police officials indicated that the man shot at least 50 rounds before turning the gun on himself just east of the NAPA parking lot.
He had reloaded at some point during the incident.
The victim ran ahead of the gunman, leaving bloody footprints as he went.
He ran between the Western County Court building and the Evangel Temple Church of God, on the north side of Route 20.
He was found in the parking lot of the Fraternal Order of Eagles, 120 Depot St., one block north of Route 20.
Peggy Hernandez, who also lives at 243 W. Main St., said she followed the victim, but couldn't catch up.
"I thought he should stop running (because he was bleeding)," she said.
"I just wanted to pray for him."
Staff writer Brian M. Ewig contributed to this report.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#34]
What a fucking waste.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#35]
What a fucking waste.

I met Mike at BF5 this year - I think he was set up next to me, M60_Howard, Toetags, MarioFAMOInc, and the rest our crew at the firing line.   Seemed like a nice guy - I talked to him for a while when we pulled in Thursday night.

I'm sure he wasn't in his right mind, but still...what a fucking waste....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
art...i know a lot of guys that get po'd when other guys shoot their tannerite up. there is a certain etiquette   that gives the provider of the tannerite the thrill of popping it...unless otherwise specified.

i saw the same lack of etiqette at bulletfest V this year when someone blew lil' ops' tannerite before he could get a hit on it.

i was not there when mike flipped, so i can't comment on his reaction...but, i can at least understand the cause of his anger.

Bob...
After talking to Shaggy on the phone this morning, he corrected my memory...
Mike was not the guy I'm thinking of... Must be another 30ish "fireplug" guy with a beltfed atop his Jeep...
Sorry for a case of mistaken identity..
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i ain't seen one yet that was worth eating a bullet over.

+1

+2

+100, Nothing is worth taking your own life. I wish him luck where ever he is.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

you young fellas (and us older guys, too!) should learn something from this sad tale.

Truer words were never spoken.

Condolences to everyone associated with this incident.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#40]
RIP

Money, dope and pussy. None of it is really worth losing your life over. Your children yes. But not money dope or pussy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#41]
It would be safe to say that having a GF cheat on him wasn't the only contributing factor in this horrible event?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top