Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been extremely frustrated by the pseudo science of man made global warming so we're even I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serves scientists right for trying to convince people global warming was real
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've all gone to crap, especially The History Channel.  To hell with those bastards who cancelled "Dogfights."

Here they are.
http://www.trbimg.com/img-51759527/turbine/la-et-ct-20130422-001/600/600x526

History channel is run by 2 chicks?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've all gone to crap, especially The History Channel.  To hell with those bastards who cancelled "Dogfights."

Here they are.

Fuck them; particularly the one on the left.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, grammar is just a lie made up by english teachers to get money.  Your falling for it, butt knot me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, you might not want to sight any political, news sources, blog posts, research studies, or videos as evidence for such findings, as one could easily accuse any of those sources as "saying anything to get votes/viewers/pageviews/subscribers/or grand money."

I think the word you're looking for is cite, as in citation.

You know, it's what scientists do when they write those science papers.

No, grammar is just a lie made up by english teachers to get money.  Your falling for it, butt knot me.

well played.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here they are.

This is GD, why not both!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

they have alien shows...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still have hope for the Science Channel, it has yet to be one filled with bullshit.
Key word here.

I have no faith in cable TV.

they have alien shows...

Well, I don't have cable so I wouldn't know.

If so, they've already jumped the shark.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here they are.

They have ruined a once great station.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Fair call, there's a lot of trash on History.
The attitude difference between private sector and government scientists is huge, don't lump us all in with the grant-chasers.
View Quote
Or those evil corporations man!

If its not like, an employee owned business, they are just lying to you to get money man.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How do we know that these are real scientists, and not actors pretending to be outraged?
View Quote

If their shoes were tied, they weren't real scientists.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Really, so which one is not like the others, evidence, repeatability, you know the silly scientific method stuff...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

And evolution.
And gravity.

Really, so which one is not like the others, evidence, repeatability, you know the silly scientific method stuff...

Global warming?

Evolution and gravity both fit your description.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do we know that these are real scientists, and not actors pretending to be outraged?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
 well played.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, you might not want to sight any political, news sources, blog posts, research studies, or videos as evidence for such findings, as one could easily accuse any of those sources as "saying anything to get votes/viewers/pageviews/subscribers/or grand money."

I think the word you're looking for is cite, as in citation.
You know, it's what scientists do when they write those science papers.

well played.
Also.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

maybe i should get pissed about COPS and NCIS

just stop watching....history and discovery jumped the Megalodon shark and its just crap now
View Quote

Yup , 'Shark Week' is serious business .

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

What do you expect? We have an entire society who is used to being fed shit. Democrats feed us shit, TV shows feed us shit, about half the Republicans feed us shit, colleges feed people shit. Movies feed us shit.
View Quote
And the country craves more , every day.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Didn't realize they still had documentaries on Discover.  I thought it was all reality shows.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

you know, some people claim that the downfall of society is marked by promiscuity, and losing the faith. I think it's marked by exactly the sort of stupidity that leads to the learning channel being filled with entirely useless mind-rot.

I understand they need to be entertaining to get ratings, but that shit's insane. Teach me how to build a saturn V rocket in my garage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well what did you expect? honey boo boo is on the fucking learning channel.

you know, some people claim that the downfall of society is marked by promiscuity, and losing the faith. I think it's marked by exactly the sort of stupidity that leads to the learning channel being filled with entirely useless mind-rot.

I understand they need to be entertaining to get ratings, but that shit's insane. Teach me how to build a saturn V rocket in my garage.

I don't know for sure but I suspect the overly extravagant circuses helped the decline of the Roman Empire. Many of today's TV shows seem to me to be the modern equivalent. They may not be wiping out the treasury trying to one-up each other, instead they're encouraging ignorance and ... some word that means reveling in being a burden on society. We used to dream of growing up and going to the stars, now I think they're dreaming of growing up to be a star, with no intention of becoming skilled they just want fame handed to them like a Hilton or Kardashion

The dumbing down began long ago, and now we have Playboy bunnies giving medical advice, established cardiothoracic surgeons pushing snake oil weight loss pills and other quackery, tramps becoming famous and getting shows just for being trampy drama queens, etc. et al ad nauseum
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My favorite show is how it's made.
View Quote

I used to love that when I had cable. Fascinating stuff

I'm the type of person who will drop everything and Google something I don't understand, which usually results in another hour of trying to figure it out (at minimum). I just don't understand people who don't want to learn

(yes, I still watch silly stuff to blow off steam)
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
And evolution.
And gravity.

They're all fake, but gravity is now a law so we have to obey it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#21]
lol

my wife and I watched shark week this year

I was ROFL at the "characters" that had "seen" these supposed huge sharks they were looking everywhere for.

they looked like the same idiots that see bigfoot they were just in a boat.

GR
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome to the new church.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

And evolution.
And gravity.

Actually the law of gravity is wrong.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thing is, there IS intelligent TV. There's Ted talks, about a gazillion blogs with people showing off the new tech they're working on, plenty of youtube and vimeo vids that aren't of cats... but we're talking lowest common denominator here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't post now, Ow my Balls is on...

Intelligent TV is too hard to produce. Gotta do all that research and crap, it's easier to point cameras at idiots and say be idiots for a while.

Thing is, there IS intelligent TV. There's Ted talks, about a gazillion blogs with people showing off the new tech they're working on, plenty of youtube and vimeo vids that aren't of cats... but we're talking lowest common denominator here.

Even Ted Talks are sensationalized and exaggerated at times.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Methinks that channel is like the hystery channel.  People offer to produce a show.  Channel picks it up.  There's no central planning and its all about ratings and advertising dollar.  Who cares about accuracy?  It's entertainment!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I watched this documentary about sharknadoes Scary stuff man
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I used to pretty much only watch Discover and History.

Now I don't have cable at all anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Methinks that channel is like the hystery channel.  People offer to produce a show.  Channel picks it up.  There's no central planning and its all about ratings and advertising dollar.  Who cares about accuracy?  It's entertainment!  
View Quote
Its contributing to the dumbing down of society.

Hell, even people here have problems distinguishing between a fairly reasonable article, a clearly biased article making unwarranted conclusions based on little evidence, AND A FAKE ARTICLE ON A SATIRE NEWS SITE!

Shows like ancient aliens, or finding bigfoot, or whatever BS they have on any given day are part of a positive feedback loop: I believe ridiculous things due to an inaccurate knowledge of the facts, therefore I watch ridiculous shows based on presenting the facts in an inaccurate manner, therefore I become more likely to believe more ridiculous things, and so on.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't post now, Ow my Balls is on...

Intelligent TV is too hard to produce. Gotta do all that research and crap, it's easier to point cameras at idiots and say be idiots for a while.

Intelligent TV is a pseudo-science created by people who can't handle the mounds of evidence supporting Evolutionary TV.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Let's face it, it's about money. It's cheaper to contract "reality" tv people and film them making us look like a nation of fools (Duck Dynasty) rather than taking the time to hire good writers and get input from scholars and intellectuals with real knowledge. This obsession with greed that has ruined movies, music, tv, etc is masked by a facade of "equality" and "social justice".

We are fed this contradicting message day in and day out from the media and government. As a college student at a state university in a swing state I see it all the time. One group of faculty and "professionals" is always telling you about how get ahead of the other kids while the others tell you how being a white male means that you are the cause for the world's problems. It's truly sickening and anyone involved in the destruction of our culture should be ashamed.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#33]
RIP MTV

RIP CourtTV

RIP History Channel

RIP Discovery Channel

Fuck TV now. I don't miss it at all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
The Russian Yeti one  was fucking terrible I caught the last 15 minutes of it

I shut it off when Megaladon came on right after
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
And evolution.
And gravity.

So you're suggesting we break the law?
Not cool, man.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like Animal Planet's Mermaids...think they aired it on discovery too.  They then released a "new evidence" sequel to that one as well.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Discovery channel turned me into a newt!
View Quote

Did you get better?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't know for sure but I suspect the overly extravagant circuses helped the decline of the Roman Empire. Many of today's TV shows seem to me to be the modern equivalent. They may not be wiping out the treasury trying to one-up each other, instead they're encouraging ignorance and ... some word that means reveling in being a burden on society. We used to dream of growing up and going to the stars, now I think they're dreaming of growing up to be a star, with no intention of becoming skilled they just want fame handed to them like a Hilton or Kardashion

The dumbing down began long ago, and now we have Playboy bunnies giving medical advice, established cardiothoracic surgeons pushing snake oil weight loss pills and other quackery, tramps becoming famous and getting shows just for being trampy drama queens, etc. et al ad nauseum
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well what did you expect? honey boo boo is on the fucking learning channel.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top