Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Denwad, she sounds like she's already checked out at this point. After finding out about your counts, there were so many other options. IVF, sperm banks, hell, adoption. If she went straight to "I want out", the marriage was never about two people making a life together. It was about her wanting babies.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This times 30 quadrillion. Dumping a kid into a poor relationship and marriage is a totally idiotic thing to do.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel like I'm losing my wife

She acts distant at times, we used to have sex all the time, but now she's sick, doesn't feel like it etc.

Yesterday she told me that she wished before we got married that she was able to have more fun with other men because now her adventurous side is now trapped in wedlock.

Now that statement is eating at me and I'm trying to figure out how i can take her mind off that, and at the same time i feel like she basically told me she wants to fuck other guys and I'm not good enough. which makes me want to just eject but i don't want to be a quitter.

{EDIT} we've been trying to have kids for about four years and it isn't working, and she told me when we got to our new duty station that if we don't have a baby by the time we pcs again ( about 3 years ) its game over for us.

Get the fuck out now!!

This times 30 quadrillion. Dumping a kid into a poor relationship and marriage is a totally idiotic thing to do.

This

My first wife thought a kid would fix things, it didnt, luckily for me I got custody when she left.

Eject now

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can have sex without love, but love without sex?

So long as both are "able", choosing not to is a shitty, selfish mindset regarding your "partner".

I really love you, I just don't want to have sex with you.

View Quote

This.  Sometimes my wife comes home from work after working a 13 hour shift, and I make dinner for her and the kids.

I have NO AUTOMATIC, INNATE DRIVE at all to do this.  NONE.  ZERO.  But I do it because she needs it and it's going to take a big load off of her.  Thus, even though there is no part of me that wants to do it for my own sake, I want to do it anyway and am HAPPY to do it.  It is simply taking care of your partner.  This is how things should work, BOTH ways, with all things.  IMO even a women with a low sex drive, if she is emotionally healthy or at least mainly healthy, she will approach sex with her husband the same way as other things like this.  

Saying "yeah, I know we haven't done it in a month or a year and you are so wound up at this point that you just chewed your way through a pine 2x4, but I'm just not feelin' like it so, no" is just NOT acceptable.  It's reprehensible!

A lot of women want to just point the finger at the guy if he's not being particularly caring or thoughtful and say "that's why I won't sleep with him".  You know what?  In a counselor's office, they call that "blaming" and recognize it as a tactic to divert attention away from what SHE is doing wrong.

Also, as my mom used to say, "two wrongs don't make a right".

So why is denial of sex, and blaming the men for it (sometimes deserved, sometimes not), so magically acceptable for women to do and men to reinforce?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... the marriage was never about two people making a life together. It was about her wanting babies.
View Quote

In the military?

No way.

ADONBILIVIT
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, did that too.  Seems to work ok until it dawns on you that you are basically "singing for your supper."  It's a transaction.  If you don't think so, ask her to reverse the order - she gives you a BJ, you give her a backrub.  I almost guarantee she will decide that she doesn't need a backrub that day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing that has gotten me through was a "trade deal" I came up with. I give her a back, arm, face, neck rub/massage and I get a bj. I'm way more likely to get that than anything else. So try that.

Yeah, did that too.  Seems to work ok until it dawns on you that you are basically "singing for your supper."  It's a transaction.  If you don't think so, ask her to reverse the order - she gives you a BJ, you give her a backrub.  I almost guarantee she will decide that she doesn't need a backrub that day.

I once got a BJ from my first wife by agreeing to go along with her (really stupid) plan to trade in her paid off car that was in great shape with low miles, and overpay for a brand new Dodge..........she knew I did not agree and when she brought up her idea, I figured "she is going to do what she wants anyway, I may as well get a (very rare) blowjob out of it"..........the fact that she readily agreed to it told me pretty much everything I needed to know.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

She acts distant at times, we used to have sex all the time, but now she's sick, doesn't feel like it etc.

Yesterday she told me that she wished before we got married that she was able to have more fun with other men because now her adventurous side is now trapped in wedlock.

Now that statement is eating at me and I'm trying to figure out how i can take her mind off that, and at the same time i feel like she basically told me she wants to fuck other guys and I'm not good enough. which makes me want to just eject but i don't want to be a quitter.

{EDIT} we've been trying to have kids for about four years and it isn't working, and she told me when we got to our new duty station that if we don't have a baby by the time we pcs again ( about 3 years ) its game over for us.

View Quote

No kids, military, wishes she banged more guys, did I say military already?  Bases are essentially a cock factory for horny wives, chock full of randy young men who give zero fucks about your marriage.  If you don't eject, best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sounds very similar to my wife. She puts minimal effort into our sex life as she can. 2 positions, okay done. Doesn't want anything in the bed room, would rather take a nap. I initiate everything, usually to an eye roll or a /sigh. It's very frustrating. She takes forever to wind down from something that upset her. It takes her at least 1 hour to get going in the morning. Get up, use bathroom, check facebook, eat, watch tv...

I've usually been up and already done the dishes etc.

She thinks she has to constantly be doing something, clean kitchen, if it's clean then pick another room, if that's clean pick another. She has an endless list of things she thinks "have to be done". Extremely OCD about things. She chose to re arrange the kitchen instead of doing anything with me. If I mention our sex life I get "well I'm just a terrible wife then..." she says she wants "romance" I say "name some things" ... "I don't know..." So you like something but have no idea what you like or would like? Add 3 kids to the mix and there's no time. And before someone says "you had sex to have kids!" Yes that's true, that's the only time in almost 8 years she initiated sex and it was only on certain days etc etc.

The only thing that has gotten me through was a "trade deal" I came up with. I give her a back, arm, face, neck rub/massage and I get a bj. I'm way more likely to get that than anything else. So try that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

True, but sometimes it just doesn't matter.

We're on a "once every month or two" schedule, partly by our choice that I won't go into great detail about here, but we've gone as long as 9 months. But she has admitted she has "an issue" (her words), and I think it comes down to she just doesn't "feel it". She doesn't wake up well, so mornings are usually out. She doesn't let off steam very well, so it takes her a long time in the evening to decompress...sometimes several hours just so she can sleep. She has major hip issues (borderline experimental surgery in early teens), so that causes issues with everything from exercise to simple physical comfort. I can pester her about it every time I talk to her, or literally not mention it for weeks. I can do every chore, inside and out, for a month and it does no good (and just makes me wonder if she's playing me even though she's not like that and never has been). She's even said to me before, "I know I'm a bitch because I won't put out for you," and I have to assure I don't hold it against her and I won't force her to do something she's not up for. So sometimes the "stoking the fire" is just doing it because there's nothing else to do.

I've mentioned all of this before, and got some positive feedback from a couple of the resident ladies even though there's not really anywhere else to go with it. I know some people will tell me I'm an idiot or whatever for not solving it in any number of other ways. I love her, what else can I say.

Sounds very similar to my wife. She puts minimal effort into our sex life as she can. 2 positions, okay done. Doesn't want anything in the bed room, would rather take a nap. I initiate everything, usually to an eye roll or a /sigh. It's very frustrating. She takes forever to wind down from something that upset her. It takes her at least 1 hour to get going in the morning. Get up, use bathroom, check facebook, eat, watch tv...

I've usually been up and already done the dishes etc.

She thinks she has to constantly be doing something, clean kitchen, if it's clean then pick another room, if that's clean pick another. She has an endless list of things she thinks "have to be done". Extremely OCD about things. She chose to re arrange the kitchen instead of doing anything with me. If I mention our sex life I get "well I'm just a terrible wife then..." she says she wants "romance" I say "name some things" ... "I don't know..." So you like something but have no idea what you like or would like? Add 3 kids to the mix and there's no time. And before someone says "you had sex to have kids!" Yes that's true, that's the only time in almost 8 years she initiated sex and it was only on certain days etc etc.

in our 17 yrs and 4 kids the wife hardly ever initiates sex either, who cares... I want sex and I get sex

Shes 45 and still raising two kids,home schools them and cooks clean etc.

I understand she is tired, and she told me when I got all emotional about her not ripping my clothes off etc.

She said..your a man!!so be a man!!! if you want sex grab me by the hair and tell me to get naked.

I Just come home and look at her in my manliness face and I tell her.... you understand your getting naked tonite right??

Good whats for dinner

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In the military?

No way.

ADONBILIVIT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... the marriage was never about two people making a life together. It was about her wanting babies.

In the military?

No way.

ADONBILIVIT

Shocking, I know.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
well I am AGR so not near a real military base
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no easy answer.  I have dealt with it for a long time now.  Been through rage, hate, anger, numbness, etc.  She did not care.  For me it was the kids and they deserved both parents, basically, I have had to roll with it and take one for the team, put the kids before me.  Also, after you are in long enough, the costs become too high to change it.

I empathize with you, I hate it, but my kids well being means more.  Most women do not get it that sex with your wife means she loves and when she won't, then it means they don't to you.  Her words to the contrary are meaningless.  If you don't have kids consider bailing, if you do then you need to decide which takes precedence.  Sorry, it sucks.

Yep, I'm in hell too. Partly due to 3 young kids leave little opportunity for it. And mostly because she doesn't see it as a big deal.

Message to all females: If you don't want to have sex, STAY SINGLE OR MAKE SURE THE GUY KNOWS GOING IN!

No Gals just accept the fact that 10-15 mins a day you will be required to get naked, and if this bothers you stay at home and buy a litter of kittens.
If you want her to enjoy the above, stay in shape, treat her like a Princess and not like a fleshlite with a heartbeat.

Free

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep, I'm in hell too. Partly due to 3 young kids leave little opportunity for it. And mostly because she doesn't see it as a big deal.
Message to all females: If you don't want to have sex, STAY SINGLE OR MAKE SURE THE GUY KNOWS GOING IN!
View Quote

They will simply say that "things change"
They will still claim that they " like sex", but that doesn't mean you're having sex
They just know its expected that a normal person wants sex and they don't want to admit that they aren't normal
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seems like there's some women that liked sex up until some point, then stopped.  I realize some of those are medical, or the man turned into a land manatee, but on the ones that apparently didn't have any cause, was there warning signs?

That would be a very useful thing for those of us that aren't married to know...
View Quote

1.  Starting or changing hormonal birth control impacts the libido of a lot of women.
2.  Having a child can significantly change a woman's hormones for the better or worse.  A common example is post partum depression.
3.  Physical conditions can develop, such as vulvodynia, which will quickly kill any desire for sexual intercourse.
4.  Latent psychological issues can manifest themselves.  Previous sexual trauma, bad/abusive relationship with daddy, etc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sounds like everybody's missing out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guys who say women don't like sex make me laugh hysterically.

All women are hard wired biologically to want to fuck all the time, just as much as men are.

The trick is to make them want to fuck YOU. That's the part that most guys seem to fuck up.

Have fun neckbearding it up though.

There is a whole lot of truth in few words there.

If we go off of anecdotal shit.. one friend of mine loves her husband but says he's really terrible at sex. Another's husband puts out but he won't go down on her and won't let her go down on him because he thinks it's demeaning.

So.. yeah. It's really important to be GOOD at what you do to them. Make them squirm, moan, curl their toes, and long for more. That goes for men and women.

Sounds like everybody's missing out.

I cannot believe a man or woman on this planet doesnt enjoy oral sex

Sad times we live in.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This.  Sometimes my wife comes home from work after working a 13 hour shift, and I make dinner for her and the kids.

I have NO AUTOMATIC, INNATE DRIVE at all to do this.  NONE.  ZERO.  But I do it because she needs it and it's going to take a big load off of her.  Thus, even though there is no part of me that wants to do it for my own sake, I want to do it anyway and am HAPPY to do it.  It is simply taking care of your partner.  This is how things should work, BOTH ways, with all things.  IMO even a women with a low sex drive, if she is emotionally healthy or at least mainly healthy, she will approach sex with her husband the same way as other things like this.  

Saying "yeah, I know we haven't done it in a month or a year and you are so wound up at this point that you just chewed your way through a pine 2x4, but I'm just not feelin' like it so, no" is just NOT acceptable.  It's reprehensible!

A lot of women want to just point the finger at the guy if he's not being particularly caring or thoughtful and say "that's why I won't sleep with him".  You know what?  In a counselor's office, they call that "blaming" and recognize it as a tactic to divert attention away from what SHE is doing wrong.

So why is denial of sex, and blaming the men for it (sometimes deserved, sometimes not), so magically acceptable for women to do and men to reinforce?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can have sex without love, but love without sex?

So long as both are "able", choosing not to is a shitty, selfish mindset regarding your "partner".

I really love you, I just don't want to have sex with you.

Welcome to my world.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think he could benefit from that.

JANE!  Paging PLANE JANE!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i don't think she's trying others

she's terrified of going outside without me

like, won't check the mail without me

I'm more afraid of coming home to see her committed suicide.

I've talked to her at length about these issues. She acts like she listens but I can tell she doesn't care about how I feel.

I'm supposed to be the "big tough man with no feelings" she acts like i'm a big pussy for having feelings.

{EDIT} inbox is empty now

Would you like one more emotionally healthy person to pile on and tell you the situation you're living in is completely fucked and you're crazy to stay in it?

I obviously picked a bad day to catch an afternoon movie, fix dinner, do the dishes, and go to bed early.

Denwad:

Men often complain, with some justification, that women don't speak plainly, that we communicate through obscure gestures and hints dropped casually into conversation.  A problem.

Therefore, when I have something of significance to convey to my husband and I want to be sure he's listening, I begin with "Listen, motherfucker...", instead the usual "Hey, Precious, ...".   It's kind of the my equivalent to the Navy phrase "Now hear this ...".

With that in mind, allow me to say to you:

Listen, motherfucker, your marriage is broken.  Further, your wife is, best case, mentally ill, if not outright evil.  It is doubtful that either she or the marriage can be fixed, and it is virtually certain it won't be by you.

As I understand, you and your non-wife are both active duty military and have no children.  You couldn't be better positioned to walk away from this disaster.  As soon as you finish reading this, go to your 1st Sergeant, tell him that your wife is insane, and you are honest-to-God afraid she might cut your throat in your sleep.  Ask for his support in arranging a permissive PCS (or whatever a pay-your-own-way reassignment is called) to the opposite side of the globe, as soon as possible, like anytime yesterday would be fine.  In the meantime, ask to move into the barracks (or whatever the on base/post unaccompanied housing is called).

Then get to the base/post legal office (or whatever it's called) and have them advise you on any special conditions pertaining to your marital situation as a result of being AD.Mil.  While you're out, open a checking account in your name and go to the Finance Office (or whatever it's called) and redirect your pay.   Finally, start figuring out where you're going to come up with four or five thousand dollars to pay the experienced divorce lawyer you're going to retain by this time tomorrow.

Good luck.  It's going to suck, but you just have to put your head down and power through it.  There are better times ahead.  If you keep an open heart and don't give in to bitterness and resentment, you will live to love again.  I did and so will you.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I obviously picked a bad day to catch an afternoon movie, fix dinner, do the dishes, and go to bed early.

Denwad:

Men often complain, with some justification, that women don't speak plainly, that we communicate through obscure gestures and hints dropped casually into conversation.  A problem.

Therefore, when I have something of significance to convey to my husband and I want to be sure he's listening, I begin with "Listen, motherfucker...", instead the usual "Hey, Precious, ...".   It's kind of the my equivalent to the Navy phrase "Now hear this ...".

Listen, motherfucker, your marriage is broken.  Further, your wife is, best case, mentally ill, if not outright evil.  It is doubtful that either she or the marriage can be fixed, and it is virtually certain it won't be by you.

As I understand, you and your non-wife are both active duty military and have no children.  You couldn't be better positioned to walk away from this disaster.  As soon as you finish reading this, go to your 1st Sergeant, tell him that your wife is insane, and you are honest-to-God afraid she might cut your throat in your sleep.  Ask for his support in arranging a permissive PCS (or whatever a pay-your-own-way reassignment is called) to the opposite side of the globe, as soon as possible, like anytime yesterday would be fine.  In the meantime, ask to move into the barracks (or whatever the on base/post unaccompanied housing is called).

Then get to the base/post legal office (or whatever it's called) and have them advise you on any special conditions pertaining to your marital situation as a result of being AD.Mil.  While you're out, open a checking account in your name and go to the Finance Office (or whatever it's called) and redirect your pay.   Finally, start figuring out where you're going to come up with four or five thousand dollars to pay the experienced divorce lawyer you're going to retain by this time tomorrow.

Good luck.  It's going to suck, but you just have to put your head down and power through it.  There are better times ahead.  If you keep an open heart and don't give in to bitterness and resentment, you will live to love again.  I did and so will you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't think she's trying others

she's terrified of going outside without me

like, won't check the mail without me

I'm more afraid of coming home to see her committed suicide.

I've talked to her at length about these issues. She acts like she listens but I can tell she doesn't care about how I feel.

I'm supposed to be the "big tough man with no feelings" she acts like i'm a big pussy for having feelings.

{EDIT} inbox is empty now

Would you like one more emotionally healthy person to pile on and tell you the situation you're living in is completely fucked and you're crazy to stay in it?

Denwad:

Golfclap.

Aside from the disembodied head of Charleton Heston parting the clouds and shouting "GET THE FUCK OUT", that was about as authoritative and reasonable a clarion call as has ever been.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, but can't you just imagine the looks on the guys faces when Jane hollers NEXT!  

View Quote

I like to think reactions would at least be mixed; not all the old geezers would be tottering off looking for a place to hide.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know how people do it.

Being denied intimacy made me want to rip off my SO's arms and beat him to death with them.

I won't do it again. It will be cause for ejection.
View Quote

I so want you!
Or Plain Jane
(or someone like either of you)
View Quote

I'm sorry, I'm not about to dedicate myself to seeing to the physical and emotional needs of a man who can't be bothered to learn my name.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not yet.

In NY, unjustified refusal to have sex for more than a year is called "constructive abandonment."  We have no-fault divorce now, but the old fault based grounds like constructive abandonment, cruel and inhuman treatment, and adultery are still on the books and get alleged occasionally.  You bring up a good point about lesbian bed death and that ground for divorce.  Hadn't thought about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard you guys. I've thought about it. I have issues too.

I don't want to be alone. Sometimes she'll act normal for a week , maybe for a few weeks at a time. Maybe that's when she's getting the dick from someone else , I'm not sure.

If she's hiding her relationship with someone else she's damn good at it. I really will be surprised. Until I literally have proof I feel like I'll have that nagging feeling in the back of my head "she wasn't fucking around, you just quit on her"

That shit right there is more responsible for bad decisions than alcohol.

It's also responsible for (among just my clients) hundreds of years spent miserable in bad marriages.

Had any same-sex clients yet?  I'm curious to see how Lesbian Bed Death plays out in a divorce for "desertion."

Not yet.

In NY, unjustified refusal to have sex for more than a year is called "constructive abandonment."  We have no-fault divorce now, but the old fault based grounds like constructive abandonment, cruel and inhuman treatment, and adultery are still on the books and get alleged occasionally.  You bring up a good point about lesbian bed death and that ground for divorce.  Hadn't thought about that.

Maryland has the same thing, but without No Fault.  I asked my lawyer about causes other than separation (1 year, not one night spent under the same roof) and she just laughed - anything else (besides abuse) is so hard to prove that it's meaningless. "If you move out by the time your case gets to trial you will have been separated for over a year already."

The LBD thing is interesting in that it's pretty much accepted that many, if not most, lesbians will stop having sex after a while.  maybe once in a blue moon, but otherwise nothing.  I could see someone in a lesbian marriage trying to use "We haven't had sex in 3 years" and her partner saying "You knew that going in, and I'm not the one that stopped."  In hetero marriages the accepted model is "Hubby wants it, wife refuses to give it, he wants a divorce."  I can just see an older judge trying to figure out who is the "man" in that situation.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The LBD thing is interesting in that it's pretty much accepted that many, if not most, lesbians will stop having sex after a while.  maybe once in a blue moon, but otherwise nothing.  I could see someone in a lesbian marriage trying to use "We haven't had sex in 3 years" and her partner saying "You knew that going in, and I'm not the one that stopped."  In hetero marriages the accepted model is "Hubby wants it, wife refuses to give it, he wants a divorce."  I can just see an older judge trying to figure out who is the "man" in that situation.
View Quote

I've never even heard of the term
So I guess that just proves that women are more in a relationship because they want the companionship or, if of child-bearing age, a sperm donor
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sad times we live in.

View Quote

You'd be surprised.

Had a conversation with my dad about a couple where the husband had been indoctrinated by his mom to believe that sex was evil.  Got married but refused to have sexual contact with his wife.  A year into the marriage, the father of the bride learned about what was going on and stepped in and got the marriage annulled.

Yeah, I can hardly believe that there's a man who would deny sex like that, either.  But apparently there are some like that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You'd be surprised.

Had a conversation with my dad about a couple where the husband had been indoctrinated by his mom to believe that sex was evil.  Got married but refused to have sexual contact with his wife.  A year into the marriage, the father of the bride learned about what was going on and stepped in and got the marriage annulled.

Yeah, I can hardly believe that there's a man who would deny sex like that, either.  But apparently there are some like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad times we live in.

You'd be surprised.

My wife's ex-husband wasn't really in the sex mood most of the time they were together, according to her.   She has three kids by him, and says that in the 10 years they were together, she had sex with him maybe 4x that amount.  

Meeting the guy, I believe she was his beard.   She agrees.  It happens.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<snip for brevity>

View Quote

Bravo.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
well I am AGR so not near a real military base
View Quote

That doesn't mean much when you look at the big picture.  There are scumbags outside the gate that won't think twice about getting with a married women too. All I can say is this.  If you are thinking of going all the way to 20 and retirement, make your decision quick.  If you wait too long, you may be divorced and end up giving here half of your retirement check on top of it.

EDIT - Just got to the part where the wife is AD as well.  The above info may not apply.  Unless she gets knocked up and gets out.  I don't know when the clock starts in that case.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So I guess that just proves that women are more in a relationship because they want the companionship or, if of child-bearing age, a sperm donor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't prove anything, especially since you would be extrapolating the behavior of a small portion of women to the whole.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If this is the state of your marriage now, the absolute worst thing you can do is have children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this is the state of your marriage now, the absolute worst thing you can do is have children.

+100. This.  Eject or you will be having child support and paying while she lives with another guy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Golfclap.

Aside from the disembodied head of Charleton Heston parting the clouds and shouting "GET THE FUCK OUT", that was about as authoritative and reasonable a clarion call as has ever been.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Denwad:

Golfclap.

Well said by all.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't yell at me. I still want to have sex, I just don't want to have sex with jerks that yell at me. I'll be at Mother's while you calm your ass down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no easy answer.  I have dealt with it for a long time now.  Been through rage, hate, anger, numbness, etc.  She did not care.  For me it was the kids and they deserved both parents, basically, I have had to roll with it and take one for the team, put the kids before me.  Also, after you are in long enough, the costs become too high to change it.

I empathize with you, I hate it, but my kids well being means more.  Most women do not get it that sex with your wife means she loves and when she won't, then it means they don't to you.  Her words to the contrary are meaningless.  If you don't have kids consider bailing, if you do then you need to decide which takes precedence.  Sorry, it sucks.

Don't yell at me. I still want to have sex, I just don't want to have sex with jerks that yell at me. I'll be at Mother's while you calm your ass down.

Fine, I'm going to the Asian Spa.  Don't ask me about that charge. (Like previously noted)
Your job was outsourced to China
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sad times we live in.

View Quote

No joke!!

I had asked my wife a few times if she liked getting it before we got married and she said she did not, did not get anything out of it and some other things that made her think she did not like it.  So I never pursued it even though it is one of my favorite things to do.  She was drinking wine one night not long ago and asked me to do it.... my time had come.

She was amazed, miffed, and slightly upset and had a look on her face of all that mixed with extacy.  Then blamed me for holding back my abilities as she had NO idea how good it could be.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It doesn't prove anything, especially since you would be extrapolating the behavior of a small portion of women to the whole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seem to recall a study a few years ago in which something like 75% of the surveyed women said they'd rather cuddle than have sex
I think the poll was accurate and the number of such women is more than a small portion of the whole
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I seem to recall a study a few years ago in which something like 75% of the surveyed women said they'd rather cuddle than have sex
I think the poll was accurate and the number of such women is more than a small portion of the whole
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you asked me in a survey, I'd answer cuddle. If my man gets me started, it's sex. I don't think the survey is accurate as far as gauging actual libido. Self reporting is full of problems. Sex is something women push down all day. They're not aware of themselves and not able or inclined to answer honestly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#34]
After about week two of the best sex I ever gave myself, I'd check out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to taking lesbians as representative of all women.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You'd be surprised.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad times we live in.

You'd be surprised.

You mean, you can't believe some men have serious sexual hangups and refuse to get treatment for it, or even acknowledge that they have a mental problem?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Proof is always difficult but in the final days of grounds based divorce in NY the judges were very lenient about cruel and inhuman treatment.  Rarely did a divorce fail because of grounds.  However, threatening to go to trial on grounds was a favorite negotiation/coercion tactic.

Your question about constructive abandonment reminded me of all kinds of old exceptions to the grounds rules.

If you committed adultery, you couldn't seek divorce for constructive abandonment if they refused sex after finding out about your adultery.

If you committed adultery, you couldn't seek divorce for your spouse committing adultery.

If you had sex with your spouse after they committed adultery, and knew about their adultery when you did it, you couldn't seek divorce based on their adultery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maryland has the same thing, but without No Fault.  I asked my lawyer about causes other than separation (1 year, not one night spent under the same roof) and she just laughed - anything else (besides abuse) is so hard to prove that it's meaningless. "If you move out by the time your case gets to trial you will have been separated for over a year already."

Proof is always difficult but in the final days of grounds based divorce in NY the judges were very lenient about cruel and inhuman treatment.  Rarely did a divorce fail because of grounds.  However, threatening to go to trial on grounds was a favorite negotiation/coercion tactic.

Your question about constructive abandonment reminded me of all kinds of old exceptions to the grounds rules.

If you committed adultery, you couldn't seek divorce for constructive abandonment if they refused sex after finding out about your adultery.

If you committed adultery, you couldn't seek divorce for your spouse committing adultery.

If you had sex with your spouse after they committed adultery, and knew about their adultery when you did it, you couldn't seek divorce based on their adultery.

Yep - MD is very similar.  LOTS of women in the state have been heard saying "WTF do you mean I "condoned" his adultery by having sex with him afterward?"
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did the court rule on splooging the ole ladies best shoes as a training aid ?

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was referring to taking lesbians as representative of all women.
View Quote

Last I checked, all lesbians are women.
They may not be all women, but I'd expect that their basic sex drives are no different than other women, they just prefer someone with the same equipment
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How did the court rule on splooging the ole ladies best shoes as a training aid ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marital property state?  If the shoes were acquired during the marriage they are owned by both parties.  So she should really only be upset at the jizz pool in one of them, as he'll get the other when they split it all up.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a super old fashioned rule, but it really makes sense when you think about it.  Same thing with recrimination - how can you complain about your spouse committing adultery when you're doing the same thing?

§ 171. When divorce denied, although adultery proved. In either of the
 following  cases,  the  plaintiff is not entitled to a divorce, although
 the adultery is established:
   1. Where the offense was committed by  the  procurement  or  with  the
 connivance of the plaintiff.
   2.  Where the offense charged has been forgiven by the plaintiff.  The
 forgiveness may be proven, either affirmatively,  or  by  the  voluntary
 cohabitation of the parties with the knowledge of the fact.
   3.  Where  there  has  been  no  express forgiveness, and no voluntary
 cohabitation of the parties, but the action  was  not  commenced  within
 five years after the discovery by the plaintiff of the offense charged.
   4.  Where  the  plaintiff  has also been guilty of adultery under such
 circumstances that the defendant would have been entitled, if  innocent,
 to a divorce.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep - MD is very similar.  LOTS of women in the state have been heard saying "WTF do you mean I "condoned" his adultery by having sex with him afterward?"

It's a super old fashioned rule, but it really makes sense when you think about it.  Same thing with recrimination - how can you complain about your spouse committing adultery when you're doing the same thing?

§ 171. When divorce denied, although adultery proved. In either of the
 following  cases,  the  plaintiff is not entitled to a divorce, although
 the adultery is established:
   1. Where the offense was committed by  the  procurement  or  with  the
 connivance of the plaintiff.
   2.  Where the offense charged has been forgiven by the plaintiff.  The
 forgiveness may be proven, either affirmatively,  or  by  the  voluntary
 cohabitation of the parties with the knowledge of the fact.
   3.  Where  there  has  been  no  express forgiveness, and no voluntary
 cohabitation of the parties, but the action  was  not  commenced  within
 five years after the discovery by the plaintiff of the offense charged.
   4.  Where  the  plaintiff  has also been guilty of adultery under such
 circumstances that the defendant would have been entitled, if  innocent,
 to a divorce.

It makes sense if you think of it in the old fashioned way - marriage as a contract.  Cheater breaks contract, contract is over, innocent spouse needs to move to terminate the rest of the arrangement ASAP.  But the problem is "hysterical bonding", where a woman especially will become hyper-sexual toward her cheating husband.  Winning him back, or giving him what he needs, or whatever.  the number of spouses that flat out stop having sex with a cheating partner is actually pretty low.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It makes sense if you think of it in the old fashioned way - marriage as a contract.  Cheater breaks contract, contract is over, innocent spouse needs to move to terminate the rest of the arrangement ASAP.  But the problem is "hysterical bonding", where a woman especially will become hyper-sexual toward her cheating husband.  Winning him back, or giving him what he needs, or whatever.  the number of spouses that flat out stop having sex with a cheating partner is actually pretty low.
View Quote

I guess I should have been cheating then, if thats the expected response
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

My parents divorce is actually cited as case law in SC for this.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You mean, you can't believe some men have serious sexual hangups and refuse to get treatment for it, or even acknowledge that they have a mental problem?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad times we live in.

You'd be surprised.

I can hardly believe that some men would want marriage but turn down sexual advances from their own bride.  I understand that it happens, but it seems to alien to me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A sexless marriage isn't even a marriage.
View Quote

I agree, you arent married at that point you are just room mates.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you asked me in a survey, I'd answer cuddle. If my man gets me started, it's sex. I don't think the survey is accurate as far as gauging actual libido. Self reporting is full of problems. Sex is something women push down all day. They're not aware of themselves and not able or inclined to answer honestly.
View Quote

While it certainly needs context, the fact that a person would choose cuddling over sex does say something about libido as far as actual drive/need for sex.  There's a difference between being willing to reciprocate when one's partner initiates, and desiring to initiate oneself.

I believe that this is one of the reasons why men and women often speak past each other when it comes to libido.  A person might believe that she has a strong libido because she is willing to reciprocate, while another person is judging libido based on a person's basic need and desire to initiate.
Page / 17
Top Top