User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the government is supposed to deficit-spend, give the money to people and businesses (in the form of tax breaks), and that creates demand, right?  We could even call it a "stimulus package," couldn't we?

Keynes would be proud of you, son.

Except NOT EVEN KEYNES advocated such "stimulus" spending in the setting of huge, ongoing structural deficits like we have now.  Keynes posited that the money would be paid back in the "fat" years.  Now, at the rate we're going, you think it's going to be paid back?  

I don't.  

What we're doing by deficit-spending is pulling forward demand... and that money will have to be repaid later, with interest.  Alternatively, we can raise taxes... except THAT chokes out and consumes the private sector, on which ALL government is attached at-the-neck like a giant leech.  

And when the parasite kills the host, the parasite dies too.  

View Quote
All of these fucking retarded democrats seem to forget the part about scaling back the spending once there is a boost in the economy.  While I don't think it's necessary stimulus actually would work if kept to a standard like that and if the govenment was not continually growing .    Public opinion has a lot to do with recovery in a recession and when the public knows that the government has no chance of stopping anyone with money is looking to cover their cornhole rather than put more of their money out there at risk to meet temporary demand.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

How does that work?

So I go to an uninhabited Island with nothing but a Xerox, a shitload of ink and a couple pallets of paper and start printing out my own currency, BOOOM, jobs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demand creates jobs without it you can have plenty of corporations that have no one to sell to and no ability to hire anyone.  This idea that corporations "create" jobs out of the goodness of their hearts is as rediculous as this canard that the op is trying suggest that hilary clinton is saying the .gov creates them.

nice try, who fills that demand?businesses do, not govt and not fucking hillary clinton....

She was talking about the .gov giving corporations tax breaks/cuts helps them to "create" jobs and suggesting that if the people in general have more money jobs will be created. I am not a huge fan of hilary clinton but if you actually listen to what she was saying she did not just come out and say "corporations don't create jobs the government does".

How does that work?

So I go to an uninhabited Island with nothing but a Xerox, a shitload of ink and a couple pallets of paper and start printing out my own currency, BOOOM, jobs?

I think he is saying that you will also need idiot subjects to rule over, so no, your example will not work.  Liberal economic theory doesn't work if there aren't people to steal from and slightly more others to pass the wealth on to so as to maintain your majority support, and hence, your power.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No growth comes from demand demand comes from people having money to demand whatever a company is selling.  Business plans that focus on growth are all well and good but if no one wants your product you will not grow.  Growth does not come from some clever business plan it comes from people having the money to purchase your product or service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demand creates jobs without it you can have plenty of corporations that have no one to sell to and no ability to hire anyone.  This idea that corporations "create" jobs out of the goodness of their hearts is as rediculous as this canard that the op is trying suggest that hilary clinton is saying the .gov creates them.

nice try, who fills that demand?businesses do, not govt and not fucking hillary clinton....

Not to mention...who said anything about businesses "creating jobs out of the goodness of their hearts"  besides you, JIP?  Believe it or not, every business doesn't squander their profits on jets and limos or hoard their profits to keep it out of the hands of the poor.  Most of them have business plans that focus on growth at some level, and growth in private sector businesses usually involves hiring people ,paying wages, giving raises, and offering benefits.

Do you think your beloved governments '"create" jobs out of the goodness of their hearts'?

No growth comes from demand demand comes from people having money to demand whatever a company is selling.  Business plans that focus on growth are all well and good but if no one wants your product you will not grow.  Growth does not come from some clever business plan it comes from people having the money to purchase your product or service.

Umm, no.

The act of spending money is pointless if there is nothing you can buy. Growth comes from the savings and capital that are used to increase productivity, not from spending.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/Zolrak666/sarcasm_detector.jpg

Or just learn how to read the entire post... either way....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
JIP is right, there's never been a business that created a product and sold it to people that didn't even know they needed it until it was created.

I can't think of any, really...oh wait, since the beginning of time, now that I think of it, just about everything falls into that category.  So, businesses grew from just an idea that some guy had.  Imagine that.

Geez... So all those billions of people were begging for personal computers until finally somebody said, 'Hey, let's build a PC!'  Apple was only filling the demand of millions when it created the iPhone. Edison had orders for billions of light bulbs. Henry Ford knew just how many garages that had been built just waiting for his Model A. All those poor farmers were growing cotton and letting it rot until Eli Whitney came up with the cotton gin.

You may want to rethink your premise. Inventors (and businesses) come up with ideas all the time for products that the public never knew they needed beforehand.

With the massive derpdom flowing in this thread, sarcasm is often lost in the smoke.  Lately, It seems I can get a chuckle from a post and come to realize as the thread grows that the post was not sarcasm at all!  

Besides, I worked hard typing the response into my iPotato...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone expect anything coming out of her pie hole other than lies, twiddle-twat and general bullshit? This isn't worth the read or the time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone expect anything coming out of her pie hole other than lies, twiddle-twat and general bullshit? This isn't worth the read or the time.

Frikkin laptop acting weird last few days....sorry for the double post!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think he is saying that you will also need idiot subjects to rule over, so no, your example will not work.  Liberal economic theory doesn't work if there aren't people to steal from and slightly more others to pass the wealth on to so as to maintain your majority support, and hence, your power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was talking about the .gov giving corporations tax breaks/cuts helps them to "create" jobs and suggesting that if the people in general have more money jobs will be created. I am not a huge fan of hilary clinton but if you actually listen to what she was saying she did not just come out and say "corporations don't create jobs the government does".

How does that work?

Even if I bring a bunch of other people, and just start printing money, that doesn't mean anything. Growth comes from people going out and getting shit accomplished. It comes from the production of tools and capital that increase efficiency.

Let's say plane crashes on an island and all the survivors are forced to spend their entire day catching fish just trying to survive. On average they only catch 2 fish per person, per day. Then, one day, somebody decides to not eat, takes a risk and instead of spending his day trying to catch fish, he spends his day fashioning together a fishing net out of bamboo and shit.

It pays off, and the net enables him to catch an average of 8 fish instead of 2. Now he has time to focus on other areas in which he can innovate instead of spending his entire day going after two fish so he can survive. Growth is a result of increased efficiency. If you were to give everybody on the island a shitload of money, it would not matter. What are they going to do with it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

With the massive derpdom flowing in this thread, sarcasm is often lost in the smoke.  Lately, It seems I can get a chuckle from a post and come to realize as the thread grows that the post was not sarcasm at all!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
JIP is right, there's never been a business that created a product and sold it to people that didn't even know they needed it until it was created.

I can't think of any, really...oh wait, since the beginning of time, now that I think of it, just about everything falls into that category.  So, businesses grew from just an idea that some guy had.  Imagine that.

Geez... So all those billions of people were begging for personal computers until finally somebody said, 'Hey, let's build a PC!'  Apple was only filling the demand of millions when it created the iPhone. Edison had orders for billions of light bulbs. Henry Ford knew just how many garages that had been built just waiting for his Model A. All those poor farmers were growing cotton and letting it rot until Eli Whitney came up with the cotton gin.

You may want to rethink your premise. Inventors (and businesses) come up with ideas all the time for products that the public never knew they needed beforehand.

And I hear ya on the derp, but que sera, sera in GD, or so said Ms. Day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Tin Foil Hat time Folks....you've been warned.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that when leftists speak like this it is code for (fill in the blank) that some evil social scientist has discovered pushes the buttons of the bots out there that then causes them to vote for and support these retards. I seriously don't have a more rational thought about why the communists say this shit and keep getting support from people.

Here where I live in FL, we have a "transportation tax" on the ballot and these guys have figured out how to couch their "support" in such a way that when the camel sticks his head under the tent with a .01 cent increase in sales tax the stupid people who inhabit this ground don't understand that they will then be on the hook FOREVER for even more because "if we don't get this next 4% increase from the taxpayers we will be forced to cut/cancel service and people will suffer. An unelected and wholly unaccountable pseudo .gov agency will continue to demand it's place at the tit of the great whore.

I'm in favor of killing camels these days.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Even if I bring a bunch of other people, and just start printing money, that doesn't mean anything. Growth comes from people going out and getting shit accomplished. It comes from the production of tools and capital that increase efficiency.

Let's say plane crashes on an island and all the survivors are forced to spend their entire day catching fish just trying to survive. On average they only catch 2 fish per person, per day. Then, one day, somebody decides to not eat, takes a risk and instead of spending his day trying to catch fish, he spends his day fashioning together a fishing net out of bamboo and shit.

It pays off, and the net enables him to catch an average of 8 fish instead of 2. Now he has time to focus on other areas in which he can innovate instead of spending his entire day going after two fish so he can survive. Growth is a result of increased efficiency. If you were to give everybody on the island a shitload of money, it would not matter. What are they going to do with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<--deleted some quoted moronic drivel-->

First off, my sarcastic comment was sarcastic, and in agreement with your's.

But to play devil's advocate (or hopefully further your analogy if you stop being so daft), what if a new person arrives on your island with a demonstrable method to employee lethal force upon anyone else at his whim.  He then tells you that 30% of the money you print will go to him or else.  He chooses how to distribute his new found wealth.  Guess who is the big man on the island now?

Congrats, you now have a government with no basis in law.  

And the island metaphor is as trite as it is boring.  At least use being spacecraft-wrecked on a new planetoid or something...  At least then we can talk about 40 megawatt lasers and shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#12]
FHRC
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Shit gets more and more "Manchurian Candidate" every year don't it? Commies said they would eventually take America without ever firing a shot didn't they?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention...who said anything about businesses "creating jobs out of the goodness of their hearts"  besides you, JIP?  Believe it or not, every business doesn't squander their profits on jets and limos or hoard their profits to keep it out of the hands of the poor.  Most of them have business plans that focus on growth at some level, and growth in private sector businesses usually involves hiring people ,paying wages, giving raises, and offering benefits.

Do you think your beloved governments '"create" jobs out of the goodness of their hearts'?

When you get your lifetime membership to the communist party do they require you donate your brain?

You are full to the brim with serious Derp.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
They have had 3 generations for the social engineering to work the system.

The idiots will believe.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably some recent college grad who hasn't begun the deprogramming of their college education leftist brainwashing yet. Since they're hanging out here, hopefully arfcom wik l rub off on them some and they'll slowly start to think for themselves again, and start questioning some of the crap they learned in order to get their party approved degree.

Back when I was a youngin, I believed crap like this to due to my .gov public school education. It took years to even begin the deprogramming. Fortunately I had the advantage of enjoying history and of course my interest in firearms. I read for m myself what the Founding fathers intended, and this sure as he'll ain't it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But to play devil's advocate (or hopefully further your analogy if you stop being so daft), what if a new person arrives on your island with a demonstrable method to employee lethal force upon anyone else at his whim.  He then tells you that 30% of the money you print will go to him or else.  He chooses how to distribute his new found wealth.  Guess who is the big man on the island now?

And the island metaphor is as trite as it is boring.  At least use being spacecraft-wrecked on a new planetoid or something...  At least then we can talk about 40 megawatt lasers and shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<--deleted some quoted moronic drivel-->

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#18]
she's right they don't create the only kind of job she and her ilk have ever had

being that she is a communist I would guess she believes that "the people" create their own jobs and are the legitimate owners of the means
of production.....aruge with her once she is in power and off to gulag you go
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Always funny to see one of the usual suspects throw in a comment they know will generate multiple quoted responses, and then they "disappear" from the thread.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
she's right they don't create the only kind of job she and her ilk have ever had

being that she is a communist I would guess she believes that "the people" create their own jobs and are the legitimate owners of the means
of production.....argue with her once she is in power and off to gulag you go
View Quote

She doesn't believe a single thing she said.  She is a politician, and a successful one at that.  She speaks what she believes others want to hear.

HIllary is not a socialist (or communist).  Obama may be to a certain degree, but Hillary is something much more threatening: a Clinton.

If being a capitalist, strict Constitutionalist, and someone who worships the sun god would put her in office, that is what she would be.  Or more accurately, appear to be.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shovel-ready jobs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the fucking.gov created jobs we wouldn't have unemployment

Shovel-ready jobs?

Obamacare, because grandma is shovel ready..................
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd forgotten how many liberal douchebags infested the website.
View Quote

We take their moneys too. I'll sell to anybody I over charge libtards
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice try covering for Hillary.   What you said was "rediculous", leftist speak.  That is ridiculous.

Yes, demand creates jobs.  Businesses create jobs to meet that demand.  Saying businesses don't create jobs out of the goodness of their hearts is a straw man argument used to infer that businesses and their owners are heartless and evil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try covering for Hillary.   What you said was "rediculous", leftist speak.  That is ridiculous.

Yes, demand creates jobs.  Businesses create jobs to meet that demand.  Saying businesses don't create jobs out of the goodness of their hearts is a straw man argument used to infer that businesses and their owners are heartless and evil.

Don't bother with trolls.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Socialist ideology
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.

Before the iPhone, everyone was asking for an iPhone.  Apple simply met a pre-existing demand.  Same reason Al Gore invented the internet.  Everyone wanted an internet so he simply delivered the demand.

See also:pet rocks.

You see, people know what they want before its ever invented.

I think this is the first time I have agreed with your abject retarded liberal talking points.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a ridiculous leftist and an example of what is wrong with pa.

Ignore lists don't seem to work on mobile.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Before the iPhone, everyone was asking for an iPhone.  Apple simply met a pre-existing demand.  Same reason Al Gore invented the internet.  Everyone wanted an internet so he simply delivered the demand.

I think this is the first time I have agreed with your abject retarded liberal talking points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

What I can't grasp is how anyone who can't see the obvious, inherent incongruities in JIP's statement can possibly still be alive.  I guess it is the gross excesses of capitalism coupled with socialistic enabling programs that allow these illogical creatures to not only live, but thrive... as sad as this may be.

This frail system can only stand for so long however.  It will collapse as it has many times before, taking with it a larger percentage of the troglodytes than the producers, leaving more breathing and breeding room for those who contribute, which, over time, increases production to ridiculous levels again.... thus completing the cycle I guess.

If viruses were as grossly maladroit as humans, we wouldn't have to worry about Ebolaids...  

Is that a silver lining?  I can't tell anymore...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You Tarzan...me high school graduate.  Did you read my whole post?  It took and amazing turn after I pretended to have a brilliant thought, at which point I made the same point you did.  RIF.

ETA saw your followup.  No need to apologize again.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do peoples' money come, you freakin moron. Unless you're self employed, or on wefare like you probably are, it comes from your fucking employer, WHO CREATED YOUR FUCKING JOB.
You are dumber than Hitlery
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#32]
And that's about it for this thread ....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top