Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot a 10 inch gong at 60 yards with my glock 35 upside down pulling the trigger with my pinky... first shot.
SuperQ CW champ seen't it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
1987 or 88. Shot a sleeping Black Cat with a Crossman Pellet Rifle at about 200 yards. Hit it with the first shot. Cat was so startled that it ran right into a telephone pole and knocked itself out. Two friends witnessed it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My buddy and I were small mouth fishing on a local creek.  They were biting on top water baits. We would cast on the far side of the creek just under the overhanging branches. He casted and got snagged in a branch and when he pulled, the line snapped and his lure fell in the water. I jokingly said I will cast my lure and catch yours. I tossed mine out in the general direction and reeled in his lure. He was so happy I saved his lure, I think it was a Rapala he gave me some old lures as payment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I had just changed the barrel of my 25-06 Sendero to a 7 mag. barrel, and sat down at the shooting bench to sight in.

Beyond my property is a Farmer's field. I saw a groundhog out there and thought what the hell, take a shot.  The field had been tilled recently, this was spring in about 1995.

Put the crosshairs on the groundhog and pulled the trigger, I missed of course. I could though see where the bullet hit in the fresh tilled soil, and the groundhog didn't move after the shot.

So, I put the crosshairs back on groundpiggy, (rifle was on a rest) and cranked the windage and elevation to point of impact in the dirt.

Put crosshairs on groundhog again, and put his lights out.  Was about 700 yards away.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Put a 40mm H-E round from a MK47 right between Haj's feet at 1500 yards.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost fifty years ago a guy bet me I could not hit a fifty cent piece tossed in the air with my SAA.

He tossed it in the air, I drew and fired, without a prayer of hitting it and the damn thing spun off into the air.

We found it after searching for a bit clearly it had been struck.

I acted as though this was commonplace.

Could not duplicate that for a million dollars.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#7]
No brag just fact but growing up shooting .22's, I made a bunch of good shots with my Marlin 39.  Many were at night hunting 'coons out of a aluminum flat bottom during trapping season..  Anyone who knows Austin would know Mt. Bonnell.  Back in the early 70's the 'coons were thick along the limestone bluffs below Mt. Bonnell on Lake Austin and we would spotlight them using .22 shorts to keep the sound down and us out of jail.   100 yards above the cliffs on the side of the mountain there were a set of red eyes in a skeleton of dead tree.  I told others in the boat to be still, held over and shot.  The eyes disappeared and it wasn't long before we heard thrashing and then silence before a dead 'coon kicked it's way off the bluff and dropped 75' into the water.

I have passed below those cliffs in the daytime thirty years later in a ski boat and located the white, dead skeleton of a cedar tree sticking out of the green cedar covered mountain high above.  People have asked what I was looking at up there but I don't tell them.  They couldn't relate to it anyway. It's just another memory of another time that belongs only to Mt. Bonnell, along with those of Bigfoot Wallace who live in a cave on it and killed a black bear on top of it and a Tonkawa Indian he blew away after meeting him face to face on a narrow ledge on the cliff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Shooting BB guns with brother.  We hear a bird calling in a near-by tree.  He says, "I see it!" shoulders and fires.  I didn't know but he was faking seeing it.  I look up and see it.  The bird is sitting on a thin branch waaay up there.  In my child-like memory it was prob 30-40 yards...in honesty it was prob closer.

Anyway, I line up the primitive sights and pull trigger.  Bird wobbles forward, back ward..then plummets to the ground.  Neither of us to this day can believe I hit it.  It was very far away for our crappy BB guns.  They were NOT good or powerful guns.  Simple single break air guns.

Our father had a thing about wasteful killing.  We hurriedly grabbed a shovel and buried it.

So I was S, S & S'ing when only a child...
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting a dog with a glock 20, bullet struck the fence and split the bullet putting half of it into the dogs back and half into the belly.

Second shot was a headshot.

200 grain Hornady xtp over 9.2 grains of blue dot if I remember right, the load flattened primers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You were shooting a dog on the opposite side of a fence.....?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
One very drunk night at a very remote 30th bday party. It is 2 am and I have sobered up. Everyone else is still drunk.

The property owner comes out with 4 lb of tannerite. He asks me how much he should mix. All of it of course! I help him mix it and he pulls out a ww2 rifle of unknown make. We set the tannerite up in a quarry with a flashlight on it and get 20 drunks behind a bulldozer. The owner is so drunk he can't get it in his sights. He looks at me and says I can't see it. I say I can and take the shot. Hitting tannereite at 2am with an unknown wwII rifle and open sites was definitely my best shot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Shot a can, it popped in the air and I hit it twice before it hit the ground again.  100% dumb luck... Except maybe the first shot
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
When I was ten or so, I shot at a rabbit with my .22 and had the satisfaction of watching it do the CNS crappie-flop of death.  Upon closer inspection of the carcass, there was no bullet, but there was a sharp sliver of freshly peeled osage orange  nicely stuck in its neck.  Still don't know how the heck that happened.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:05:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Snap double tap at about 250 yards on a running hog with my SPR. When I opened it up, found that I had keyholed the shots into the lungs. Still can't believe I made that shot
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top