Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh, like french toast? I love french toast.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And eggs.  Lots of eggs.

This.  Egg is great protein and easily digestible.

But they taste so nasty.

Not if you make them right!  They taste like sunshine!

I love French toast too. We can be friends.

But in the name of protein, I stick with eggs. Pancakes and French toast is a once a month meal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The yolks are my favorite part, I eat mine sunny-side up!....then I eat BACON!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they taste so nasty.

Not if you make them right!  They taste like sunshine!

The yolks are my favorite part, I eat mine sunny-side up!....then I eat BACON!

Sounds good. You fix those, and I'll toast my half loaf of bread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

But in the name of protein, I stick with eggs. Pancakes and French toast is a once a month meal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I start controlling my diet and making myself choke down eggs and I completely lose my appetite. It's happening right now, and I haven't even altered my diet much, just trying to eat less. I tell my tummy "we're cutting back on carbs" and it hears "all food is bad". It's kinda weird. Doesn't help that it's a billion degrees out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I start controlling my diet and making myself choke down eggs and I completely lose my appetite. It's happening right now, and I haven't even altered my diet much, just trying to eat less. I tell my tummy "we're cutting back on carbs" and it hears "all food is bad". It's kinda weird. Doesn't help that it's a billion degrees out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use My Fittness Pal. It works pretty good for tracking my intake. I've lost 35 lbs over the last year. Now I'm upping my intake to help put on weight because I started lifting a bit.

I have to eat eggs. I have 30 chickens, 4 ducks, and 5 turkeys out back. I've got eggs coming out my ears.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I use My Fittness Pal. It works pretty good for tracking my intake. I've lost 35 lbs over the last year. Now I'm upping my intake to help put on weight because I started lifting a bit.

I have to eat eggs. I have 30 chickens, 4 ducks, and 5 turkeys out back. I've got eggs coming out my ears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm afraid if I really scrutinize my diet, I'll just stop eating.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try some different omelet recipes maybe, it helped me.  Spinach, feta and canned crab is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Because you're a retread.  Bro.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

This thread and others show the exact opposite of this statement. Anytime someone is happy doing less then the powerlifting "Bro's" on the site they are bro attacked.

" if you don't lift weights you're weak bro"
" 200lbs your scrawny bro"
" 250lbs, I'd have to not eat for a month to be that tiny bra"
"Bodybuilders are week bro, gotta hit one rep maxes bra, otherwise you got aids bro"

I do find these threads amusing though

Really? Do tell more how you've come to form that opinion in all the the "threads like this" you've participated in. Would you say it's been more or less than say, 20?  What do you think a good representative sample would be?  

Have you read this thread, it literally has every response I just posted.

Why you mad bro?

Because you're a retread.  Bro.  

What's a retread?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. It is really quit liberating. Instead of hating yourself for all the food you eat, you learn to embrace you calorie freedom. You'll look at the calorie budget for the rest of the day, and then you can enjoy the (quality healthy) food your are eating knowing you are still inside the perimeters you've set. Even when I set the app to lose a pound a week, I enjoyed eating. I can tell you, I rarely stopped eating.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They say there are more carbs in two slices of bread than in one Hershey Bar.

I don't know about you but screw the bread and give me the effin' Hershey Bar!
View Quote

I eat the double fiber bread. It's 70 calories a slice and has 4g of protein. The Hershey bar has 210 calories and no protein... Do you even protein?!

I'll take the bread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Snow, that half loaf of bread is 100% carbs, just sayin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why there isn't a loaf of bread in my house. But don't ask me to choke down fried eggs without it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can smother your Bacon in Yolks.....Mmmmmmm.....Bacon/Yolks.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why there isn't a loaf of bread in my house. But don't ask me to choke down fried eggs without it.

You can smother your Bacon in Yolks.....Mmmmmmm.....Bacon/Yolks.......

I don't think I like rich food. Both sound good, but I want bread in there to counterbalance the richness.

I like the bacon just fine, I just want veggies or something with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eggs keep me fuller, longer, than anything else I eat.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I gotta know, what are turkey eggs like?

I lurve derk eggs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recognize their benefit, I just hate them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's damn sure more in a Coke than a mondo-size Snickers.

And the Snickers has 2 grams of fiber.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#19]
We ever get a pic of the OP to see how ripped he got doing nothing but what he claims?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, but if I eat a Snickers, I am going to wash it down with a Coke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't do that much sugar.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Herschel Walker disagrees
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You might be lean but you will still be weak.

Herschel Walker disagrees

Herschel Walker has severe psychological issues. He also claims he eats 1 meal per day, only consisting of bread, salad or soup. Do you believe that?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because diabetes! Like a boss. That now needs to prick his finger.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We ever get a pic of the OP to see how ripped he got doing nothing but what he claims?
View Quote

supposedly hes 6-1-205 but i asked for his BF% and no response.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't think other people are mad that you're reaching your goal. Why are you mad that others' goals are different from yours?

Try the word "maintain" instead of "plateau" and see if that helps with any misunderstandings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"get stronger"  I hear/read that a lot.  How much stronger?  Continuously stronger and stronger...like forever?  

Now in my late 40s, body weight moves are very appealing.  Add in some dumb bells for flies or presses and such are great additions.

But if you only did a mess of push ups, pull ups, squats and crunches and some running you would be stronger/"fit-er" than the vast majority of the world.  

And you may plateau, but if you are functional, strong and feel good, whats wrong with plateau at that level?  Seems like plateau is a bad word.  No!  I want to be stronger...and stronger...and stronger...oops...my rotator is damaged...

But I am only an expert in being me so....

I don't think other people are mad that you're reaching your goal. Why are you mad that others' goals are different from yours?

Try the word "maintain" instead of "plateau" and see if that helps with any misunderstandings.

LOL.  Nice twist.  "You still beat your wife?  No?  When'd you stop?"  Not mad at anyone.

But you are correct in one respect.  I do what works for me and others should do what works for them.

I guess I felt the need to add some to the dialog.  I read often where people who earnestly wish to improve themselves only to be told, you cannot do it this way or that way you must do this this other way or that other way.  I was lending my support (from an older guy in good shape with healthy joints and such...) that body weight work-outs can work and require zero investment other than time.

And using maintain versus plateau is definitely a better term.  Plateau has a negative connotation (and micro aggression attached)  For me, functional is where its at.

Cue the Dude meme...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmm.....

It's ALMOST like the OP made a bold claim, then didn't feel like sticking around to back it up when the burden of proof fell on him for making it, and no one decided to carry his water.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Has OP came back to grace us with a picture of his super ripped, muscular running body yet?

I'm not talking about the one he ripped off bodybuilders forum for his fake tindr profile in the hopes of getting snatch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nah. It is really quit liberating. Instead of hating yourself for all the food you eat, you learn to embrace you calorie freedom. You'll look at the calorie budget for the rest of the day, and then you can enjoy the (quality healthy) food your are eating knowing you are still inside the perimeters you've set. Even when I set the app to lose a pound a week, I enjoyed eating. I can tell you, I rarely stopped eating.
View Quote

I don't count calories. They're an inefficient measurement at best and a complete misnomer at worst. Just because X food has Y amount of potential energy (that's all the kilocalorie is a measure of) does not mean the body will even use it. The metabolism will break the food down in to various amino acids and use them, store them, or break those bad boys down to synthesize yet another compound. Which is why kCals are nothing more than a rough, rough guideline just as the BMI is a rough guideline.

Macro nutrition (which you're doing) is a better way to feed your body as it doesn't starve your body and it provides the appropriate amino acids your body needs without a glut of carbohydrates.

That said, I have to force myself to eat more often than not
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, there's proteins in there. Gluten, for example, is a combination of two proteins. Not a good source of protein due to the carbs and lack of dietary fat and relative tiny amount of protein, but there's still some in there
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Still nothing?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't count calories. They're an inefficient measurement at best and a complete misnomer at worst. Just because X food has Y amount of potential energy (that's all the kilocalorie is a measure of) does not mean the body will even use it. The metabolism will break the food down in to various amino acids and use them, store them, or break those bad boys down to synthesize yet another compound. Which is why kCals are nothing more than a rough, rough guideline just as the BMI is a rough guideline.

Macro nutrition (which you're doing) is a better way to feed your body as it doesn't starve your body and it provides the appropriate amino acids your body needs without a glut of carbohydrates.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I end up needing to eat more every day as well. I get done for the night, finish entering my post dinner eats, and fall short of my protein and calorie intake for the day. I'm like, "Fuuuuuuu...!" Back to the kitchen.

Today is three eggs, cup of milk and coffee with scoop of protein sup, and a banana for breakfast. Two oz of almonds, mozzarella cheese stick, and Tiger Milk bar for snack. Six oz of chicken breast, peach, and apple for lunch. Not sure on dinner yet. We'll see what the wife unit whips up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I end up needing to eat more every day as well. I get done for the night, finish entering my post dinner eats, and fall short of my protein and calorie intake for the day. I'm like, "Fuuuuuuu...!" Back to the kitchen.

Today is three eggs, cup of milk and coffee with scoop of protein sup, and a banana for breakfast. Two oz of almonds, mozzarella cheese stick, and Tiger Milk bar for snack. Six oz of chicken breast, peach, and apple for lunch. Not sure on dinner yet. We'll see what the wife unit whips up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've found that a great late night snack is this.  I eat carbs, so it's got carbs.  I keep them in the freezer.  Tastes like a dessert.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How do you get muscles that aren't strong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is anyone comparing body builders?  They're not necessarily strong or in shape.  Muscles without strength is like wearing a strap on.

That part in bold...you might want to rethink that statement.  This video is just one demonstration of "strength" from a bodybuilder.  Check out some of the workout vids for Ronnie Coleman...STRONG AS FUCK!

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That part in bold...you might want to rethink that statement.  This video is just one demonstration of "strength" from a bodybuilder.  Check out some of the workout vids for Ronnie Coleman...STRONG AS FUCK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJjSP2fqFxk

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is anyone comparing body builders?  They're not necessarily strong or in shape.  Muscles without strength is like wearing a strap on.

Bro.  I know there are strong BBs.  I didn't say there weren't.  Some are, but not because they are BBs.  Most of the bros at the gym doing BB routines are not building strength, with the exception of bench, which all bros do.  But strength is a lot more than being able to bench.  I can post videos of strongmen, oly lifters, and powerlifters doing all sorts of insane shit.  Because they train to build that strength - not just to look good in a speedo.  Plus being short is cheating.  Everybody knows that.  Let's put a 6'6 football player with 40" arms up against a midget BB.  Gee, I wonder who can bench 315 for more reps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those comments generally come from those who know nothing about fitness and Have never been to a gym. I think of them like anti gunners who no nothing about guns.

To be fair to the football player in that video though he obviously had a lot more distance to move the weight and didn't have quite as much "supplements"in his body
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bro.  I know there are strong BBs.  I didn't say there weren't.  Some are, but not because they are BBs.  Most of the bros at the gym doing BB routines are not building strength, with the exception of bench, which all bros do.  But strength is a lot more than being able to bench.  I can post videos of strongmen, oly lifters, and powerlifters doing all sorts of insane shit.  Because they train to build that strength - not just to look good in a speedo.  Plus being short is cheating.  Everybody knows that.  Let's put a 6'6 football player with 40" arms up against a midget BB.  Gee, I wonder who can bench 315 for more reps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So being tall in basketball is cheating too?

Everyone is born different, try not to be a dick to those differnt from you.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Those comments generally come from those who know nothing about fitness and Have never been to a gym. I think of them like anti gunners who no nothing about guns.

To be fair to the football player in that video though he obviously had a lot more distance to move the weight and didn't have quite as much "supplements"in his body
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah?  And what do you know about fitness and going to the gym, Mr. tough guy?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've found that a great late night snack is this.  I eat carbs, so it's got carbs.  I keep them in the freezer.  Tastes like a dessert.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/9481/products/CFM_BESTBAREVER_Final_Clipped_c084ce69-417b-46fd-988c-f8dd9870b828_grande.png?v=1422541829
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/9481/products/Protein_Bar_Label_Website2_d98ef7a4-5f43-42f2-a1ee-37d0892a42de_grande.jpg?v=1422541829

Haven't tried those. I'm a big fan of Quest bars nuked for 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't take my word for it, consult the Brofessor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhI0dkcZNes

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#41]

My gym can't keep those in stock.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#42]
American Ninja Warrior

Bodyweight or Brolift?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's funny because you didn't understand what he meant then incorrectly applied to something OUTSIDE of what it was directly speaking about.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/9481/products/CFM_BESTBAREVER_Final_Clipped_c084ce69-417b-46fd-988c-f8dd9870b828_grande.png?v=1422541829
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/9481/products/Protein_Bar_Label_Website2_d98ef7a4-5f43-42f2-a1ee-37d0892a42de_grande.jpg?v=1422541829

Cool. I'll look into those. And I do eat carbs. I love them. I try to limit some of the processed carbs. And I keep my carb intake half of suggested, while going over the suggested fat and protein. The 300 is a few calories. But it has twice the protein the Tiger Milk bars have.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You have hips replaced? You need to be talking to your doctor, and a professional sports therapist that specializes in hip replacements about your diet, and recovery. NOT to a bunch of dip shits on the interweb... [/drops microphone].
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not a dietitian, but I also made the decision to lift. I started stronglifts earlier in the month. This makes me eat differently to try and see good progress. And I've lost 35 lbs last year just cleaning my diet up. You'll need to take my current diet with a grain of salt because I'm also new, and am only lifting in the lighter weights right now.

My got to for protein is firstly meat. Mostly chicken as it's cheap. Chicken is $2 per lbs, where beef is $8+. I'll eat chicken at lunch or dinner. Then eggs is the next good source of protein. Breakfast either over easy or scrambled. Then boiled for later in the day. Plain almonds for afternoon snack (no salt or sugar coating). Mozzarella cheese sticks for snack as well. Fat free Greek yogurt with fruit before bed. Lastly, a protein shake. I'll have this between breakfast and lunch. The Matrix 2.0 Chocolate (that was suggested by the good fellows of the Self Defense and Fittness Forum) is really good. I'll put a half a cup of whole milk, eight cups of cold coffee, and a scoop of protein powder. It taste like a frap-a-mocha-chino-latte from EightBucks. Eating this type of food with a lot of fruit and a little veggies usually gets me up to 160g of protein a day and 2,500 calories. I'm told this is a minimum calorie and protein intake. So you might need more or less as YMMV.

Thank you sir, I went from 206 in Feb down to 185 on July 22nd when I went back to the Dr. I only eat once, maybe twice a day and I have to force myself to eat three times a day but it's getting easier

My problem is I am going to start working out again but I have had 5 hip surgeries on my left him and 3 of the surgeries were total hip replacements.

I felt like a guinea pig but it is what it is. I have to start slow on that hip and can't figure anything special to start with so I figure start light.

My last hip surgery the Dr told me I have so much scar tissue and a weak leg muscle from being cut so much in the same place that he said after my recovery he thinks steroids would work for me to build the leg muscle back up but my last visit i left and never brought it up

Thanks for the diet info

You have hips replaced? You need to be talking to your doctor, and a professional sports therapist that specializes in hip replacements about your diet, and recovery. NOT to a bunch of dip shits on the interweb... [/drops microphone].

Last surgery has been quite a few years ago and Dr said go ahead but he has no idea how to approach it  so I am good but need to figure out how to go about it

Hell my last physical therapy was leg presses , Dr just told me i had a lot of scar tissue from being cut 5 times in the same place and said i do need to build it back up

I may have it covered already

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#47]
As I said earlier, today I did:

Squat 340 5x5, extra credit squats 435 x 2

Overhead press 130 5x5

Deadlift 345 3x5, extra credit deadlifts 365 x 5

Assisted pullups and dips

Ran 6 miles.

Next Wednesday, the run goes up to 7 miles.

That's right, bitches, I lift heavy shit (getting closer to where I was pre-surgery), and then follow it up with a long run right after.

Where is your gym god now?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Overhead press 130 5x5
Ran 6 miles.

That's right, bitches, I lift heavy shit (getting closer to where I was pre-surgery), and then follow it up with a long run right after.

View Quote

Did or are you doing 5x5?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Overhead press 130 5x5

Ran 6 miles.

View Quote
i lift then jump rope or work a slip line for cardio

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Overhead press 130 5x5

Ran 6 miles.

Was, still sort of am.  I had a completely unrelated hernia last year that kept me from lifting for about six months.  The extra sets are simply because I can, and to help keep some of that upper level strength I'd attained before the injury from fading.  It didn't take me long back in the gym to figure out that I could still do some weights well above what I reset to (for instance, I started my extra squat sets at 315), and I've been bumping them up when I can do a set of five or more, two workouts in a row.  I don't do the OHP extra anymore since it was 135 anyway, and I haven't bumped my bench up in quite a while because to do it now would put me PAST what I was lifting for sets of 5 before the surgery.  I added in the pull ups and dips because I wanted to, simple as that, but still going by a 5x5 type format, reducing the weight on the assist machine to progress.  The run...well, that's unconnected, but I've found that if I do my running right after my lifts, it doesn't mess with my recovery before the next lifting day.

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top