BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 152
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No offense, but that same article has been recycled for a few years, it's a sales letter.  They want you to buy an ebook for $47.  If you try to leave the conversion page you can get it for $19.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By glockO:
UPDATE:  Billionaires Dumping Stocks...

snip...
"It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%."

No offense, but that same article has been recycled for a few years, it's a sales letter.  They want you to buy an ebook for $47.  If you try to leave the conversion page you can get it for $19.

I don't pay much attention to advertisements like that. OTOH, I DO pay attention to the ratio of insider selling to insider buying. Most professional investors say "Don't bet against the insiders." Since they have real-time access to how their company is doing (and some of their suppliers and customers data as well) it would make sense that if there were an expected uptick, they'd be buying. Not all selling is downturn related since many insiders get stock options which they exercise to buy at a discount then turn around and sell for an immediate profit as part of their compensation package. Nonetheless, the buy/sell ratio is a leading indicator of corporate earnings and, used to be, the stock market in general.

Take a look at this report on insider sell/buy ratio and see what the last week of the year showed. (Hint: Sell/Buy ratio of 577 or over 500 times as many sellers as buyers.)

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't pay much attention to advertisements like that. OTOH, I DO pay attention to the ratio of insider selling to insider buying. Most professional investors say "Don't bet against the insiders." Since they have real-time access to how their company is doing (and some of their suppliers and customers data as well) it would make sense that if there were an expected uptick, they'd be buying. Not all selling is downturn related since many insiders get stock options which they exercise to buy at a discount then turn around and sell for an immediate profit as part of their compensation package. Nonetheless, the buy/sell ratio is a leading indicator of corporate earnings and, used to be, the stock market in general.

Take a look at this report on insider sell/buy ratio and see what the last week of the year showed. (Hint: Sell/Buy ratio of 577 or over 500 times as many sellers as buyers.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip...
"It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%."

Wait WUT? I thought insider trading was illegal.
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see indications [maybe I missed them] that the article Drudge linked to is a scam piece.

I've never observed him pull that crap.

Folks here getting their 'stuff' together, are very wise.

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip...

Don't many insiders receive their bonus options in December? I know in my company this happens.
would this account for the high ratio of insider selling in December?
Doesn't this same thing happen every December?
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as 1930's style financial "repressions"...

I see it a lot worse when things get kicked into high gear.

Thanks to the New Majority that we have happily enabled...

That has pretty much disenfranchised 'thinking' folks...

Expect the New Majority to AGGRESSIVELY cheer the 'powers' [they elect] to come after EVERYTHING you own, in different ways ---at different times.

For 'redistribution'...  

PM's, hahhaahahahha!

Yet, even in light of my likely predictions above...

I remain, uh hopeful...  

[It's ackshully an unpleasant feeling]

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't see indications [maybe I missed them] that the article Drudge linked to is a scam piece.

View Quote

It's not a scam piece.  It's a sales piece, part of a sales funnel.  Hit any of the links to dig deeper  and you'll be taken to a squeeze page video, and receive a sales offer for an ebook.  

I'm not really judging the ebook, since I haven't read the book.  But some of the information on the sales page needs third party validation.  It's got a current date, and is presented as new information, and yet I saw this same piece two years ago.  Which is enough to at least call it into question.  

But as I said, I haven't bought or read the ebook.    
Link Posted: 1/3/2014 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not a scam piece.  It's a sales piece, part of a sales funnel.  Hit any of the links to dig deeper  and you'll be taken to a squeeze page video, and receive a sales offer for an ebook.  

I'm not really judging the ebook, since I haven't read the book.  But some of the information on the sales page needs third party validation.  It's got a current date, and is presented as new information, and yet I saw this same piece two years ago.  Which is enough to at least call it into question.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I now see links to the scam in the second of D's links.

Marketing funnel or not, it's a scam to me.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2014 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
snip

Don't many insiders receive their bonus options in December? I know in my company this happens.
would this account for the high ratio of insider selling in December?
Doesn't this same thing happen every December?
View Quote

A lot of insiders exercise their options in December if they have reason to think that their taxes are likely to go up in the following year. This year's ratio, 577 is not an all-time high. But, given such a supposedly light volume week, it's a huge "tell" about what the insiders think.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Analyst predicts 'major reversal'...

snip...

'...2014 will be the year of "major reversals,” with the Dow Jones
Industrial Average expected to start a two-year decline that could
eventually take it down more than 70% to below 5000.'

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

snip...
'...2014 will be the year of "major reversals,” with the Dow Jones Industrial Average expected to start a two-year decline that could eventually take it down more than 70% to below 5000.'

View Quote

Very much doubt it...

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The US shorted Germany on their first repatriation shipment of their gold.

It was also melted down before being returned.

Link
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote

That's a little concerning.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]
MORE SIGNS IT'S WORKING!!!!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101323617

"Enough is enough.  Retail stocks took a hit Thursday as the holiday picture came more into focus, with signs increasingly pointing toward a lackluster season of deep discounts and low traffic..."

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Just a tad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"Enough is enough.  Retail stocks took a hit Thursday as the holiday picture came more into focus, with signs increasingly pointing toward a lackluster season of deep discounts and low traffic..."

View Quote

I was SHOCKED with how dead Target was when I went Christmas shopping.  I had seen more traffic on a regular Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just a tad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Just a tad.

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#19]

-just the fuse burnin' down, man...

Just burnin' down.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 3:52:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

My guess is that people already have their credit tapped out. Maybe they should just go steal some money do like the government and keep spending anyway.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quite the trend we have here.

People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million; Participation Rate Plunges To 1978 Levels

Curious why despite the huge miss in payrolls the unemployment rate tumbled from 7.0% to 6.7%? The reason is because in December the civilian labor force did what it usually does in the New Normal: it dropped from 155.3 million to 154.9 million, which means the labor participation rate just dropped to a fresh 35 year low, hitting levels not seen since 1978, at 62.8% down from 63.0%. And the piece de resistance: Americans not in the labor force exploded higher by 535,000 to a new all time high 91.8 million.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#22]
The decades of decadence are now over.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The decades of decadence are now over.
View Quote

Yup as living standards fall...

Uncontrollably...

As planned....

Think of the opportunities for lies promises, next election cycle, to ensure the Left is reelected to further aggressively plot the destruction of our country.

So they can turn it into a Workers 'paradise' nightmare...

Link Posted: 1/10/2014 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#25]
CNN is acknowledging the truth...

2013 ends with weakest job growth in years

"Ouch! The job market suddenly looks a lot weaker than economists' had thought.

Hiring slumped sharply in December, as the economy added only 74,000 jobs, according to the government. This was the weakest month for job growth since January 2011 and came as a huge surprise to economists, who were expecting an addition of 193,000 jobs."

Good jobs, at least jobs with good wages and benefits, and futures, seem to be harder and harder to come by.   In my opinion, this is only going to continue, as Colleges and Universities turn out graduates who aren't prepared for current job market.  Our education system is woefully out of date.  Gone is the "middle executive" class... Well, except for in the government.  These jobs just aren't being created in the private sector...not anymore.  

The Standard Weekly had this to say...

Sessions: 'For Every One Job Added, Nearly 5 People Left the Workforce'

"Today’s jobs report underscores a deeper problem facing our economy: a large and growing block of people who are chronically jobless and completely outside the workforce. In December, the economy added only 74,000 jobs – not nearly enough to keep up with population growth –and 347,000 left the workforce. That means for every one job added, nearly 5 people left the workforce entirely. There are now nearly 92 million Americans outside the workforce, resulting in the lowest participation rate in 36 years..."

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -The line wrapped nearly around an entire city block on Friday as approximately 1,500 people waited in Queens for a chance to apply for a coveted union job as painters or blasters on bridges and steel structures.
The first few people on line had been there since 1 p.m. on Tuesday when the temperature in New York City was in the single digits.
District Council 9 was accepting 500 applications at a facility on Queens Boulevard and 36th Street in Long Island City for three year apprenticeships.
The hired will receive a salary of $17.20 an hour during the first year.
The apprenticeship could lead to a full time union position.

Even MSNBC is complaining....

MSNBC: December Jobs Report Is ‘Awful,’ ‘Very Bad,’ And ‘Ugly’

MSNBC admitted that the December jobs report was dismal Friday.

CNBC’s Michelle Caruso-Cabrera announced the newly released report number. Only 74,000 jobs were created in December, a number that fell significantly short of the 200,000 anticipated created jobs.

Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough commented "That’s a horrific number” and said that the newly added jobs number is the lowest seen in years.

Caruso-Cabrera confirmed Scarborough’s statement, saying that the newly added jobs number is in fact the lowest since January of 2011 and the number was "very, very bad.”

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Very much doubt it...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip...
'...2014 will be the year of "major reversals,” with the Dow Jones Industrial Average expected to start a two-year decline that could eventually take it down more than 70% to below 5000.'

Very much doubt it...

You mean having virtually every major market index AT or NEAR all-time highs [in spite of no clear "Recovery" in employment, retail, housing, education or a few dozen other macro indicators over the past 5 years] doesn't given you reason to expect a correction in the next 12 months?  

You must be betting on QE/5 combined with the ongoing QE/Infinity then!
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Former OMB Director David Stockman says its over in 2014.  

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/1/10_David_Stockman_-_2014_Is_The_Year_Of_The_End_Game.html

John Williams of ShadowStats, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts and Gerald Celente all say the same about 2014.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You mean having virtually every major market index AT or NEAR all-time highs [in spite of no clear "Recovery" in employment, retail, housing, education or a few dozen other macro indicators over the past 5 years] doesn't given you reason to expect a correction in the next 12 months?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip...

Very much doubt it...

Yes, factoring in the election cycle and with QE, they can bump the mkts as high as they want.

This isn't the [rigged] market we used to know...

It isn't time yet for a crash, but don't worry, when they figure they can get the best advantage with one, it will happen.

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yes, factoring in the election cycle and with QE, they can bump the mkts as high as they want.

It isn't time yet for a crash, but don't worry, when they figure they can get the best advantage with one, it will happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip...

Very much doubt it...

In my opinion , It seems to me that the Psychological Effect caused by a 'Booming' Stock Market has reversed.

Typically, the Markets are a few years ahead of the game, so, as it goes up, the public gains confidence in their personal economy as their Net Worth increases.

Now it seems no matter how high the Markets go, the Public gets more depressed because their personal wealth can't seem to increase in a meaningful way; Deflation.

This would describe the disconnect between the Planners/Wall Street & Main Street, as it has come full circle, and the Planners have lost control of the situation.

Any QE done now will accomplish nothing and will only have negative effect on whatever they use it towards, i.e. Decembers Jobs report.

They can't hide the Big Lie any longer, the Public is feeling the Lie more than ever & that combination will lead to the coming 'Crisis'; The 'Hope' has ended.

Generalizing here, but why would anyone invest in a company only able to show 'Profits' by Borrowing Money?

If the People no longer associate themselves with the Stock Markets or Banks, i.e. Targets CC Security Breach, how would OUR Representatives justify the FED/Treasury's continued Money Printing Fantasy?

Pretty Disgusting when WE think about it

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quite the trend we have here.

People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million; Participation Rate Plunges To 1978 Levels

Curious why despite the huge miss in payrolls the unemployment rate tumbled from 7.0% to 6.7%? The reason is because in December the civilian labor force did what it usually does in the New Normal: it dropped from 155.3 million to 154.9 million, which means the labor participation rate just dropped to a fresh 35 year low, hitting levels not seen since 1978, at 62.8% down from 63.0%. And the piece de resistance: Americans not in the labor force exploded higher by 535,000 to a new all time high 91.8 million.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2014/01/LFP%20Participation_0.jpg

How in the world can we be at 1978 workforce labor levels with our population growth since then? If this report is accurate, this is catastrophic news. Outside of the illusion of endless QE spending and massive welfare programs, I have no idea how we are not in a full blown depression.

I love how some of CNBC talking heads are blaming this bad report on the weather. I’m so tired of their lame excuses about the weather causing people not to hire or sales to be bad, its total BS. It’s cold in MI in the winter and warm in Miami, people deal with it, it’s not some news worthy event, it has very little impact on jobs or the economy at a national level. The only exception to this would be extremely rare events like Cat 4-5 hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes.

They have lied and manipulated the unemployment data for so long; I don’t think anyone really has a clue what the correct number is. It sure isn’t 6.7%. Many non-biased economists speculate the accurate national unemployment number is around 12%-14% and in some regions it’s well above 20%; but who really knows?

These SOBs have essentially bankrupted us as a nation with these insane monetary policies over the last few years. Now the Gov/FED with the preponderance of the media is trying to cover their ass with any excuse or diversion necessary trying to hold it together. Instead of solutions from our leaders and the media to these problems, it's nothing but cover up, blame and excuses, it's pathetic to witness the propaganda and desperation.

Outside of a nuclear exchange or nation state sponsored attack, these fools have done more financial damage to this country over the last few years than any foreign enemy or group of terrorists could have dreamed of. We have spent trillions upon trillions with absolutely nothing to show for it but more debt and increasing unemployment. We could have done so much with that money at a personal and nation level. All we did was set the stage for an economic catastrophe. Even if it doesn’t totally come apart and they manage to somehow keep the show going, we are setting up our children and grandchildren to be debt slaves or worse.

We used to be that shining star on the hill, now we are more worried about extending unemployment benefits, endless welfare, class warfare, gay rights, supporting illegal aliens and QE, my how far have we fallen.

I think the clock is ticking on this mess and we are heading for a event that will make 2008 look like a cake walk. Who knows, they control the media and market so much, maybe I'm the one that will look crazy and it's all going to be rainbows, unicorns and Dow 25K by the end of the year.

What a freaking mess.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Boom and bust cycles, as in all of nature, are not only normal, they're needed.   The universe is tragic.  Things have a beginning, middle, and an end.  The economic central planners thought they had conquered the business cycle.  Which of course they didn't.  Each intervention has only served to increase economic distortions.  Their effort culminated in a 2000 peak.  Which is where this current, and last wave really began.  Of course they stepped up their game, and destroyed the financial system, which for all practical purposes, collapsed in 2008.  That should have been the end.

But they put the system on life support, and here we are.

How long can it keep it going?  I do not know.  Quite some time I imagine, but it's impossible to predict. If I was a betting man I'd say they can make it to 2020, but not much longer then that.  But that's really just a guess.  I suppose it could blow up in 2014-16, but I don't think so.    

Maybe(?), but what do I know.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Here's a neat  short video explaining some things.  Having lived through this, I made the same observations to my friends back in the '90s and post Y2K as does the speaker:

http://futuremoneytrends.com/blog/?p=17182
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have no idea how we are not in a full blown depression.
View Quote

Make no mistake about it, we are in a full blown D E P R E S S I O N.  Period.

The media, the talking heads, and the administration's refusal to report the facts...does not change the facts.  Just because you can't see something, does not mean that it's not there.  And this is absolutely one of those cases.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck...

Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The media, the talking heads, and the administration's refusal to report the facts...does not change the facts.  Just because you can't see something, does not mean that it's not there.  And this is absolutely one of those cases.

Prepare accordingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepare accordingly.

When you have 48,000,000 on SNAP, 91,000,000 working age people NOT in the workforce, and $85,000,000,000 in new money created every month just to keep trying to re-inflate the bubble, you are in a depression.

Even during the Great Depression, if you didn't loose your job you were OK.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When you have 48,000,000 on SNAP, 91,000,000 working age people NOT in the workforce, and $85,000,000,000 in new money created every month just to keep trying to re-inflate the bubble, you are in a depression.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prepare accordingly.

I've been asserting we've been in a depression for a long time, before it got 'popular'.

I've even 'splained how this all ends.

Nothing indicates things playing out differently.

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Thanks, I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a neat  short video explaining some things.  Having lived through this, I made the same observations to my friends back in the '90s and post Y2K as does the speaker:

http://futuremoneytrends.com/blog/?p=17182

Thanks, I guess.

Pretty straightforward, unfortunately.

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from going crazy in this nutty world. I just came back from shopping at the local Wal-Mart. As usual, it was packed with people drunk and stoned out of their minds, FSA members and the occasional 500lb land manatee riding around on electric carts. While leaving, I noticed a truck with Obama 2012 bumpers stickers on it. Not that unusual, but this one also had a NRA sticker on the back window, I just had to shake my head and laugh.

Good lord, we in for one hell of a ride if this economy ever blows and the country falls apart.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/1/10_David_Stockman_-_2014_Is_The_Year_Of_The_End_Game.html

John Williams of ShadowStats, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts and Gerald Celente all say the same about 2014.
View Quote

They said the same thing last year.

It could happen in 2014, could be 2015, might be 2016, for sure by 2017.

Specific 'dates' and 'timelines' are a waste of effort. Within five years is about as specific as one can get.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Check this out.

It was started in the Survival Forum ~2008 and...

Look at all the folks suffering from Normalcy Bias that got their panties in a...

TWIST!

Also the ones who tried to relate what's happening to some nonsense they were taught in Econ 101.  

Plus the ones who said it couldn't happen to THEM.  

Are We In a Depression -Yet?

Interesting to look at folks' thoughts from ~6 yrs ago...

Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm starting a new business next year.  A winery/brewery.  I'm about to spend a very significant amount of money and it's a one time deal.  If this doesn't work I'm pretty much screwed.  Kinda like how all businesses start.  We're in a very rural area, though it is very wealthy thanks to the last few years.

What will the future hold for us?  Just for the record...We will be only the second "farm winery/brewery" in the country.  The other is here in Nebraska and is wildly successful.  

Don't base your answers on any management considerations or quality beer/wine considerations.  Only on the possibility of making this type of business successful in the potential climate.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#44]
These threads
Zerohedge
Buy gold on Glenn Beck
Have been going on for YEARS

I am a prepper and have some preps
And I have no idea what is going to occur
Just try to protect your own situation
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By cpermd:

These threads

Zerohedge

Buy gold on Glenn Beck

Have been going on for YEARS
I am a prepper and have some preps

And I have no idea what is going to occur

Just try to protect your own situation
View Quote

It has been going on for years.  The seeds of our demise were planted more then a century ago.   But there have been many signposts along the way.  

This final act has three parts.  The first part of the final act occurred in 1999, when we reached our zenith with almost full employment and the highest household income in the history of our nation.  The collapse of the "dot-com" bubble from 1999-2001 marked by the NASDAQ's loss of almost 80% of its value, which it never completely regained again.

The second part of the final act occurred in 2008, marked by the collapse of the financial system, and the destruction of free-market capitalism.  We are now waiting for the grand finale, but the fat lady has taken the stage.

So, yes, it's been going on for quite some time. Great empires are not built, or destroyed in a day.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2014 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Check this out.

It was started in the Survival Forum ~2008 and...

Look at all the folks suffering from Normalcy Bias that got their panties in a...

TWIST!

Also the ones who tried to relate what's happening to some nonsense they were taught in Econ 101.  

Plus the ones who said it couldn't happen to THEM.  

Are We In a Depression -Yet?

Interesting to look at folks' thoughts from ~6 yrs ago...

View Quote

There is no difference between a recession and a depression. The word recession was made up after WW2.

Prior to WW2 every down turn in the economy was called a depression.

The great depression was called the great depression because it was the worst one seen to date. So bad, that the govt invented a new word to describe an economic down turn. They were afraid if they called the next economic down turn a depression, like they had been called, they would scare the living shit out of people because the last one was so bad.

So instead, they made up a new word and started calling economic down turns recessions..

If you want to say this economic down turn is on par with the great depression, and I think it is, then fine. But a depression is the same as a recession..Calling it a depression, clouds the issue.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from going crazy in this nutty world. I just came back from shopping at the local Wal-Mart. As usual, it was packed with people drunk and stoned out of their minds, FSA members and the occasional 500lb land manatee riding around on electric carts. While leaving, I noticed a truck with Obama 2012 bumpers stickers on it. Not that unusual, but this one also had a NRA sticker on the back window, I just had to shake my head and laugh.

Good lord, we in for one hell of a ride if this economy ever blows and the country falls apart.
View Quote

I notice more and more that the world around me is changing, and I don't think it's just me becoming a grumpy old fart.  For lack of a better word, people just seem to be becoming "stupider".. both intellectually and just in terms of common sense.  It's coupled with a plummeting sense of personal responsibility and ambition; it's all crumbling to dust and nobody really seems to give a shit.  It's everywhere at every turn... head to the store, 8 of 10 drivers act like they just got their license yesterday. Can't park in the lot because neither of the two people adjacent to the only open spot couldn't seem to fit their vehicle between the lines.  Doesn't matter anyway because some jackass left their shopping cart in the spot.

Inside things are worse - we've all seen 'em.  Loaded up on Twinkies and Dr. Pepper, they navigate their considerable mass to the one open checkout lane of 12, where the single checker appears to be holding a high school reunion with the first two people in line (just yesterday, in fact, a grocery checker answered a cell call and chatted for a good minute before ringing my wife up ).  Doesn't matter much, though, because we're all on hold for a price check because the meth'ed up stockers only appear to have labeled every other item on the shelf.

I could go on and on, but I'm preaching to the choir here.  What disturbs me is how prevalent this is all becoming, though.  It's no longer isolated incidents or an occasional bad apple in a staff pool. It's everywhere, all the time now.  I'm totally convinced that the real threat to our continued prosperity isn't politics or the economy, it's this accelerating intellectual entropy that seems to be sucking away our intelligence like bath water swirling down a drain.

Link Posted: 1/12/2014 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I notice more and more that the world around me is changing, and I don't think it's just me becoming a grumpy old fart.  For lack of a better word, people just seem to be becoming "stupider".. both intellectually and just in terms of common sense.  It's coupled with a plummeting sense of personal responsibility and ambition; it's all crumbling to dust and nobody really seems to give a shit.  It's everywhere at every turn... head to the store, 8 of 10 drivers act like they just got their license yesterday. Can't park in the lot because neither of the two people adjacent to the only open spot couldn't seem to fit their vehicle between the lines.  Doesn't matter anyway because some jackass left their shopping cart in the spot.

Inside things are worse - we've all seen 'em.  Loaded up on Twinkies and Dr. Pepper, they navigate their considerable mass to the one open checkout lane of 12, where the single checker appears to be holding a high school reunion with the first two people in line (just yesterday, in fact, a grocery checker answered a cell call and chatted for a good minute before ringing my wife up ).  Doesn't matter much, though, because we're all on hold for a price check because the meth'ed up stockers only appear to have labeled every other item on the shelf.

I could go on and on, but I'm preaching to the choir here.  What disturbs me is how prevalent this is all becoming, though.  It's no longer isolated incidents or an occasional bad apple in a staff pool. It's everywhere, all the time now.  I'm totally convinced that the real threat to our continued prosperity isn't politics or the economy, it's this accelerating intellectual entropy that seems to be sucking away our intelligence like bath water swirling down a drain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very well said.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not saying they're wrong but, how many times have we heard this since 2008?
Page / 152
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top