Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What you use the gi for can be used in real life if the person is wearing the right clothing.  And most of what youlearn past blue is just increased skill level for the techniques you already learned.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grapplers with limited bjj experience, win all the time against black belts in MMA. They know enough to be careful and defend certain attacks, and how to do a couple of attacks if the opportunity arises. It is way way way less complicated when the PJs come off.

Most cross train quite a bit. Ronda has been working her Jits and MT, she isn't just Judo.

Not really what I'm getting at. I'm more saying you take a wrestler, teach him MT and enough and the right parts of BJJ and he could be quite successful.

You know as well as I do, that basically nothing you learn past blue belt is usually used on the street or in the cage. Nor is alot of what you have to learn even useful because it is predicated on certain grips being available that simply aren't there Nogi.

What you use the gi for can be used in real life if the person is wearing the right clothing.  And most of what youlearn past blue is just increased skill level for the techniques you already learned.

Exactly right. A blue will have learned many techniques, but won't really be able to make them work the way they should. Will try to hard, be impatient, no finesse, use too much muscle, tire quickly, be too tense, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I knew a golden gloves boxer. Who spent along time in rehab, repairing the damage from double heel hooks. When his mouth (specifically his spit to the face) wrote a check his boxing couldn't cash. 100% true story. See how that works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch what BJJ does against a much larger opponent who doesn't know how to defend against it.

http://youtu.be/W5WfWmISKrk

My former roommate did a lot of BJJ. Totally into it, black belt, fills in teaching...

He recently spent some time in the hospital getting his intestines put back in after his mouth wrote a check his BJJ couldn't cash.

I knew a golden gloves boxer. Who spent along time in rehab, repairing the damage from double heel hooks. When his mouth (specifically his spit to the face) wrote a check his boxing couldn't cash. 100% true story. See how that works?
Plenty of anecdotes to "prove" whatever they want.  Right?  Considering the size of this place I'm sure someone knows a BJJ guy who took someone to the ground and gutted the guy with his own knife after taking it way from him.

So is your story actually real or are you just proving a point?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I totally have the hots for her.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Back when I fought? Don't think so, Tim.

Right now? I get gassed taking the damn garbage down the easement.
View Quote

Agreed. In my prime, I'd take her as my jits was good enough to keep it on the feet. Now.....she would destroy me. No gas in the tank.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grapplers with limited bjj experience, win all the time against black belts in MMA. They know enough to be careful and defend certain attacks, and how to do a couple of attacks if the opportunity arises. It is way way way less complicated when the PJs come off.

Most cross train quite a bit. Ronda has been working her Jits and MT, she isn't just Judo.

Not really what I'm getting at. I'm more saying you take a wrestler, teach him MT and enough and the right parts of BJJ and he could be quite successful.

You know as well as I do, that basically nothing you learn past blue belt is usually used on the street or in the cage. Nor is alot of what you have to learn even useful because it is predicated on certain grips being available that simply aren't there Nogi.

I'm aware
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Plenty of anecdotes to "prove" whatever they want.  Right?  Considering the size of this place I'm sure someone knows a BJJ guy who took someone to the ground and gutted the guy with his own knife after taking it way from him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch what BJJ does against a much larger opponent who doesn't know how to defend against it.

My former roommate did a lot of BJJ. Totally into it, black belt, fills in teaching...

He recently spent some time in the hospital getting his intestines put back in after his mouth wrote a check his BJJ couldn't cash.

100% true story. The BJJ guy was one of my BJJ Professors bouncers. I knew the boxer from school. He was getting kicked out of the bar, and decided he needed to add a loogie to the face of the guy throwing him out. He choose poorly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Would it be wrong to assume the average unfit and untrained person armed with a knife and hate could give a competent and fit martial arts practitioner a big problem?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would it be wrong to assume the average unfit and untrained person armed with a knife and hate could give a competent and fit martial arts practitioner a big problem?  

No it wouldn't.
I dont care how many years of empty hand training someone has they should also carry and train with a knife regularly. They should also carry a gun and train with it regularly.
They are all tools in a toolbox to be used in different situations.
Why show up to the job without the right tools?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Gina Carano + ME + Ronda Rousey = BEST SANDWICH EVER!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't decide which I'd rather see.  Her fight a ranked bantamweight man, or a 200lb "tough guy" (with some kind of evidence of tough guyness, but not professionally trained.  Say winner of a local toughman or something.)  I tend to think she would lose either fight, but I'm more curious than anything.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#10]
If you think you could handle yourself in a knife fight. You should put on an old long sleeve white shirt. Take a dummy knife and coat the "blade" in paint and let someone come at you with it.

If you're paint free afterwards, you're my hero and I want to learn from you.

I doubt you would be though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
She would probabily destroy the majority of this board in any type of physical fitness test. She is in awesome shape. I watch a little UFC and even less of the female fights.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Watch the video with her rolling with Uriah Hall that I posted on page 4. Also, there are videos on YouTube with her going against guys, although half speed, it shows that unless you have extensive ground training, she will indeed tap you.
View Quote

Oh, no doubt she's got serious skill. But they were grappling only - I'd be trying to knock her out before she could get those hands on me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Have you ever been in a fight or do you just go down to buffalo wild wings once in a while and watch the fights with the bros?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter.  No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

http://youtu.be/tl6ilMpq8hQ

Have you ever been in a fight or do you just go down to buffalo wild wings once in a while and watch the fights with the bros?

Don't forget the Bruce Lee films.  Can learn allot from a good martial arts flick.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll just leave this here.  Weight classes do matter.  That guy isn't a champion fighter but manhandled her like a little kid.

http://youtu.be/o9xjs2fWJEs
View Quote

Thank you for adding some fucking reason to this thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You sir get it.

While size isn't everything it certainly helps.  

I know a couple of guys that weigh 300+ that can bench and squat some insane amounts........When a man that big and strong gets ahold of you all he has to do is fall on you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter. No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

She's 135. You've seen too many movies, because in the real world, in a fight, size matters.

You sir get it.

I know a couple of guys that weigh 300+ that can bench and squat some insane amounts........When a man that big and strong gets ahold of you all he has to do is fall on you.  

lol

For kicks guys used to love to watch me roll with much bigger but less experienced guys in BJJ.

The ground has this funny way of fucking with a guy's size advantage.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh, no doubt she's got serious skill. But they were grappling only - I'd be trying to knock her out before she could get those hands on me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch the video with her rolling with Uriah Hall that I posted on page 4. Also, there are videos on YouTube with her going against guys, although half speed, it shows that unless you have extensive ground training, she will indeed tap you.

Your size, would cause serious problems for her. (Insert joke there) have you ever competed with MT? I forgot to ask earlier
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I was going to agree with you on principle, until I saw that really sloppy slow motion pic of her arm bar.

I'd give me 3/10 chance.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you think you could handle yourself in a knife fight. You should put on an old long sleeve white shirt. Take a dummy knife and coat the "blade" in paint and let someone come at you with it.

View Quote

I did some training at the FLETC in Artesia that included the use of those battery powered shock knives. Most of the time we had the juice down low but for "fun" a number of us turned it all the way up. Not a pleasant memory. After that experience I can't stand the idea of a knife fight. Even if you're the only one with a knife, if you get in a fight with it, you're coming away bleeding.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol

For kicks guys used to love to watch me roll with much bigger but less experienced guys in BJJ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter. No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

She's 135. You've seen too many movies, because in the real world, in a fight, size matters.

You sir get it.

lol

Just like eye gouges, groin grabs, and face bites have on someone who is "trained". Look, I did BJJ, boxing, and muy thai for a few years each. All that is good and useful, but in a real fight, I will do whatever it takes to stop someone when it is apparent they have an advantage in skill.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I did some training at the FLETC in Artesia that included the use of those battery powered shock knives. Most of the time we had the juice down low but for "fun" a number of us turned it all the way up. Not a pleasant memory. After that experience I can't stand the idea of a knife fight. Even if you're the only one with a knife, if you get in a fight with it, you're coming away bleeding.
View Quote

The real fun is playing hot potato with a Stungun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what it really boils down to. A chair or gun are much better options than your hands.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Your size, would cause serious problems for her. (Insert joke there) have you ever competed with MT? I forgot to ask earlier
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, with chronic asthma I couldn't survive any fight that went beyond 2-3 minutes. I can't really breath through my nose either, so mouth guards really suck.

Our school supports a number of amateur and pro fighters, so I got plenty of hands on practice. I think if I could ever make the cut, my only chance would be to fight at middleweight. Thats a huge if, and it would have to be 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I can standing overhead press more than 135.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just like eye gouges, groin grabs, and face bites have on someone who is "trained". Look, I did BJJ, boxing, and muy thai for a few years each. All that is good and useful, but in a real fight, I will do whatever it takes to stop someone when it is apparent they have an advantage in skill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir get it.

lol

And nothing keeps a higher skilled guy from doing the same nasty shit either.

It goes both ways.

I've put my hands on some seriously large mother fuckers outside the ring and I've been able to deal with them. I have a similar training background as yours, with FMA thrown in for blades.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, with chronic asthma I couldn't survive any fight that went beyond 2-3 minutes. I can't really breath through my nose either, so mouth guards really suck.

Our school supports a number of amateur and pro fighters, so I got plenty of hands on practice. I think if I could ever make the cut, my only chance would be to fight at middleweight. Thats a huge if, and it would have to be 10 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

I know the feeling. I could do fine at the local level in a bigger class. But if I really wanted to do it professionally, I'd probably have to go down to featherweight. Fuck that, that's way too much work
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Benching 350 doesnt mean shit. Not shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See all those moves.

I'm 6'4 250 lbs and bench press 350 lbs, she can't do those moves to me. She can't twist me up into a pretzel, I'd plain overpower her.

She's probably be too quick and skilled for me to destroy her, but she couldn't do shit to me.

So no technique? Just size and strength? What happens when you get tired and she is still attacking you?

Not actual fighting.  Sparring is something else entirely.

You ever tried blocking a kick or punch from a guy that benches 350, with 250 on the other end when you're 135?

You ever had a guy that weighs 250 grab you and fall on your 135 pound ass on a concrete floor.

A guy this big and strong, when you're 135 just has to get ahold of you.

In actual real world fights, someone goes to the hospital usually in 30 seconds or less.  There's no dancing around and "wearing someone out".

Fighting and Sparring are 2 very different things.

You're actually right it doesn't.  It does however if you squat 500.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol

I know the feeling. I could do fine at the local level in a bigger class. But if I really wanted to do it professionally, I'd probably have to go down to featherweight. Fuck that, that's way too much work
View Quote

Shit, I passed featherweight when I was 12.

I'll never be able to compete, but would love to finish and get my instructor ranking so I could teach.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:45:04 AM EDT
[#28]
She was fine looking in Expendables 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:34:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
100% true story. The BJJ guy was one of my BJJ Professors bouncers. I knew the boxer from school. He was getting kicked out of the bar, and decided he needed to add a loogie to the face of the guy throwing him out. He choose poorly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long did it take the boxer to walk right again?  Or he still messed up.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:48:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll just leave this here.  Weight classes do matter.  That guy isn't a champion fighter but manhandled her like a little kid.

That "not champion fighter" is 36-5-2 as a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER as well as outweighing her by 50 pounds.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You sir get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir get it.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was going to agree with you on principle, until I saw that really sloppy slow motion pic of her arm bar.

I'd give me 3/10 chance.
View Quote

It happens faster than you'd think.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL
In for all the guys who say they could take her.
I would sit cage side taking all action and make bank on her whooping your asses.

View Quote

this, but I am not sure I wouldn't pay for that ass whupping, I think she is kinda hot in a break my body into a million pieces way.

speed
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

after years of watching him fight I am reasonably sure he could kick a mountains ass if it fell on him.

speed
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Weight classes exist so we can see "fair" fights.

Rhonda Rousey v. 99% of the human population = UNFAIR fight.

Unless someone has some kind of actual training - beyond the first belt or two, outweigh her substantially and have the cardio to back it up, she would destroy you. She would destroy me. She would destroy 99.9% of GD. She would permanently cripple a good portion of us.

Here's a question: If we accept that Rousey is the "best female, mixed martial arts fighter in the world"

What percentage of the 18-55 year old US male population do you think she could "beat up"...?

What percentage of GD...?

Just curious.

To be clear, I would smash. If she let me.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch the early Gracie fights.  She'd break your arm in 12 places before you could blink.  Only a professional fighter is generally going to know enough BJJ to defend against someone like her.    

Uh huh. Which is why weight classes in professional fighting exist, to protect the heavy weights from those damned bantam weights.

Weight classes exist so we can see "fair" fights.

Rhonda Rousey v. 99% of the human population = UNFAIR fight.

Unless someone has some kind of actual training - beyond the first belt or two, outweigh her substantially and have the cardio to back it up, she would destroy you. She would destroy me. She would destroy 99.9% of GD. She would permanently cripple a good portion of us.

Here's a question: If we accept that Rousey is the "best female, mixed martial arts fighter in the world"

What percentage of the 18-55 year old US male population do you think she could "beat up"...?

What percentage of GD...?

Just curious.

To be clear, I would smash. If she let me.  

I would be willing to bet a weeks wages on her every day for 30 days against 30 average GD idiots that think because they outweigh her and have a penis they would win.  In the end I Might lose a few times, but I doubt it.  Then I could take a nice vacation.

speed
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So no technique? Just size and strength? What happens when you get tired and she is still attacking you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
See all those moves.

I'm 6'4 250 lbs and bench press 350 lbs, she can't do those moves to me. She can't twist me up into a pretzel, I'd plain overpower her.

She's probably be too quick and skilled for me to destroy her, but she couldn't do shit to me.

Goddamn it I'd take another Viagra and hope,for the best
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Tank Abbott was a beast. He is far from the average street fighter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter.  No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

And here is what happens when a street fighter goes up against professional fighter without all the silly rules; just like in the street.

http://youtu.be/2RSII8Da4to

Tank Abbott was a beast. He is far from the average street fighter

Yes but even back then his cardio was crap. That fight with Don Frye went into more than 2 minutes and Don took him apart, Tank was exhausted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I can standing overhead press more than 135.
View Quote

Ah, but can you overhead press that 135 lbs. when it is trying to break your arms?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#39]
withdrawn: that read a lot raunchier than it sounded in my mind.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/4.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd give me 3/10 chance.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/4.gif

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You sir get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir get it.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to fight and in most cases limits your ability to do so. Do you even train bro
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I trained BJJ for about two years.  Rarely went to the GI courses where guys I would kill in no-gi would either beat me or draw due to all the clothing they had to grab on to and maniuplate -- much like how Gracie won his early fights.

That being said -- my friend who fights at 135 on the amateur circuit and is a black belt could never tap or beat me in no-gi due to my 50lb weight advantage.  Not too worried about Rousey - the weaker female version of him.

It's pretty easy and quick to learn mid-level BJJ defense that would be enough to beat people significantly smaller than you.  The part that takes years to learn (or at least effectively employ) is the offense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So...

In these fights, the point is to grapple until you get someone into a pain hold? That's it? no punches? Just tugs and pushes, grapples and twists?

The youtube of the man grappling with her - holding her hip with one hand while wrapping the other around her head was 'interesting' - he basically just lifted her entirely off the ground and deposited her where he wanted. Had he been raining blows to her abdomen with that free (right) arm I can't imagine she'd just absorb it.

The other youtubes of the pro vs. street where the same - the guy who rains the most punches non-stop wins unless he gets in an unlucky position to be pinned. There's nothing more 'distracting' then getting not just one or two blows to the side of your head but 3, 4, 5 non-stop. The eyes close involuntarily and the hands go up to defend leaving the body open to any move (which is why most of these fights end on the ground - the aggressor does the bam, bam, bam, bam, bam....body check to floor move.

Height and weight and arm length matter IF punches are allowed. If it's entirely about grappling then whomever knows the quickest moves might win - like a kick to the knee etc.

If the fight is about blows not kicks or grappling, I can't see her beating "most" guys. some guys sure. Guys with a heart condition, overweight guys who never fought. Guys with glasses who can't see without them. But a 200lbs. 6' reasonably athletic guy who knows at least some basics with boxing, sparing, wrestling? half a dozen blows to that model's nose and it's lights out.

View Quote

That's the trick, isn't it?

The only real question is if she has enough horse power to complete her techniques on said 6 foot stud muffin. Maybe. Maybe not.

I would bet he'd be surprised. I'll also bet he'd have his hands full unless he has more than just basics.

You know how, when you're at the drag strip and you see a 12 second run and it looks slower than hell? Ever rode in a 12 second car?  Yeah, kinda works like that. Watching a fighter and experiencing that fighter are two different things.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You ever tried blocking a kick or punch from a guy that benches 350, with 250 on the other end when you're 135?

You ever had a guy that weighs 250 grab you and fall on your 135 pound ass on a concrete floor.

In actual real world fights, someone goes to the hospital usually in 30 seconds or less.  There's no dancing around and "wearing someone out".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See all those moves.

Who said anything about sparring? And why would she need to block them when she could just stay out of the way for 60 seconds until you are exhausted?

Thats because in the real world you don't have trained athletes fighting each other. You have 2 unskilled dudes that think they are tough shit and one gets proven wrong. Rousey prepares for a fight and goes through the motions of one 6 days a week. She isn't going to let you hit her. She isn't going to let you grab her unless she wants you to. And unless you train judo you will be on your backwith a broken arm or dislocated elbow in about 15 seconds
The early days of the UFC have shown us what "tough guys" can do against real fighters. The tough guy gets his ass kicked and then goes to the hospital. That is real fighting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See all those moves.

This. And benching only 350 at 6'4" 250 is weak for that size, especially when saying "plain over power her".
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Thread is full of speculation, for the most part. Let's change it up a bit.

How many have had the chance to actually roll with a person at or even close to her level of training?

I can tell you that it's pretty amazing.

Not denying that some are correct that enough size and strength will overcome technique and conditioning. My point, all along, is that intersection on the graph is not where most would put it. It does move considerably up the slope as training is added to that size/strength advantage.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I would let her toss me around.

She is what Dad referred to as "a mattress thrasher". I would give her the worst 3 min of her life and I'd leave happy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That "not champion fighter" is 36-5-2 as a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER as well as outweighing her by 50 pounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mousasi is a former champion in two different weight classes in DREAM and was a champion in StrikeForce, as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Mousasi is a former champion in two different weight classes in DREAM and was a champion in StrikeForce, as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he is still ranked in the top 10. But I bet some of the squatdogs here could take him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Being able to bench 350 is useful if you're lifting a refrigerator.

When you're fighting a professionally trained fighter? How fast you can bench 200lbs, or even 150, matters more than just being able to bench 350.

All the strength in the world is meaningless if you're slow, and most professional fighters are fast, very fast, especially Rousey.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top