[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:      No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

I would like to introduce you to multiple time world jiu jitsu champion Gabi Garcia

http://herecomesanewchallenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Gabi-Garcia.jpg

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=img4444.jpg

I am hoping Cat gives her a good fight, but loses.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's cute.

Women thinking they can beat up men 2-3 times their size.
View Quote

2-3x her size would be 300-450 pounds.  She would wear most guys out that size by winking at them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a brown belt in MCMAP, I can take her.

lol

Brown belt is the fourth belt level requiring 33 hours of training. It introduces Marines to the advanced fundamentals of each discipline. In addition, as with green belts, they may be certified as MAIs and teach tan through brown techniques. Prerequisites for this belt include recommendation of reporting senior.

That's the joke.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's the joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a brown belt in MCMAP, I can take her.

lol

Brown belt is the fourth belt level requiring 33 hours of training. It introduces Marines to the advanced fundamentals of each discipline. In addition, as with green belts, they may be certified as MAIs and teach tan through brown techniques. Prerequisites for this belt include recommendation of reporting senior.

That's the joke.

I know. I got it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Not really relevant but entertaining none the less. Yes I know, dupe
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She could do what she wanted with me.
View Quote

coupled with your Dwight avatar made me smile

I agree, she can't rape the willing
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Most cross train quite a bit. Ronda has been working her Jits and MT, she isn't just Judo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grapplers with limited bjj experience, win all the time against black belts in MMA. They know enough to be careful and defend certain attacks, and how to do a couple of attacks if the opportunity arises. It is way way way less complicated when the PJs come off.

Most cross train quite a bit. Ronda has been working her Jits and MT, she isn't just Judo.

Not really what I'm getting at. I'm more saying you take a wrestler, teach him MT and enough and the right parts of BJJ and he could be quite successful.

You know as well as I do, that basically nothing you learn past blue belt is usually used on the street or in the cage. Nor is alot of what you have to learn even useful because it is predicated on certain grips being available that simply aren't there Nogi.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Negative. I have 50 pounds on her, and have been rolling since '93. Some of you guys don't have a clue. A guy in good shape, with just his blue after about 6 months, who will avoid, or work his way out of the basics, will likely pummel her onto the hospital.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just seen a couple interviews, and the typical pre fight running of the mouth.

I'm frankly surprised she had the discipline to be an Olympic fighter, given her attitude and personality I've seen from her. Maybe it's all just a show. I don't know her personally, so perhaps I shouldn't have said anything but it's sure the persona she's putting out there for public consumption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather be destroyed by Gina Carano.

(In the good smash sort of way. Not the bad role reversal she-smash-you kind of way that GD has been into lately.)

You can say that again. Total hotness, there. And a decent person. Rousey has a trailer trash personality and mouth.

Wow, I know I have'nt kept up with current events but what have I missed?

Just seen a couple interviews, and the typical pre fight running of the mouth.

I'm frankly surprised she had the discipline to be an Olympic fighter, given her attitude and personality I've seen from her. Maybe it's all just a show. I don't know her personally, so perhaps I shouldn't have said anything but it's sure the persona she's putting out there for public consumption.

Shes the only female UFC fighter who I can say that I know her name.... and I dont know many UFC fighters names at all.

Thats why she does what she does.

Hell, look at Mayweather. You really think he likes hanging out with Beiber? No, but everyone hates (read: knows) him.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Both had fought one other person, Ken fought Pat Smith and Royce Art Jimmerson. Per wiki Royce had fought about 20 seconds longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. Shamrock actually took Royce to a draw in a rematch that lasted over 30 minutes.

He also landed at least one punch that Royce felt. If there were judges it would have gone to Ken.

Ken was doing fine in UFC 1 against Gracie right up until just before he tapped out.

Wasn't he also on his third or fourth fight that night?  Royce used the guard to conserve energy the whole night and submit his opponents.  Ken may very well have been at a conditioning disadvantage simply because of the attrition of the fights before.  That was to be expected though, the only reason UFC1 happened was it was a commercial for their brand of BJJ, and it changed fighting forever.

Both had fought one other person, Ken fought Pat Smith and Royce Art Jimmerson. Per wiki Royce had fought about 20 seconds longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_1

Thanks, it has been a long time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not really what I'm getting at. I'm more saying you take a wrestler, teach him MT and enough and the right parts of BJJ and he could be quite successful.

You know as well as I do, that basically nothing you learn past blue belt is usually used on the street or in the cage. Nor is alot of what you have to learn even useful because it is predicated on certain grips being available that simply aren't there Nogi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grapplers with limited bjj experience, win all the time against black belts in MMA. They know enough to be careful and defend certain attacks, and how to do a couple of attacks if the opportunity arises. It is way way way less complicated when the PJs come off.

Many of the transitions and sweeps are high level stuff. The reason most submissions don't work anymore is because most of the high level pro fighters are black belts or train with black belts everyday.
I would favor Demian Maia over a 10x Muy Thai World Champion with 2 years of BJJ training. Same with Fabricio Werdum, or even Frank Mir.

Look at early Fedor for example. He was a Sambo champ, not BJJ. Yes the armbars he did were elementary, but the transitions to get there were anything but.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not really. Shamrock actually took Royce to a draw in a rematch that lasted over 30 minutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So now you are saying big guys with martial arts training.

No they really wouldn't.

Look up Royce Gracie in the first few UFCs to be proven wrong about size/strength.  He was a skinny 160-170 pound beating guys that were 250 pounds of muscle with "basic fighting / wrestling experience" and he destroyed them. And he did it 3 times per night.

Getting into a different dynamic there. Royce fought at 180, iirc and went up after that a little.

But you're getting into an area of "critical mass" with a male of that size. There's a certain amount of horsepower needed to overcome those size differences against another skilled fighter.

Rousy is good but she'd be in trouble against a 200# man in good shape who has a little training. Hill is just too steep. But those are several qualifiers.

The average guy, even in good shape (say runs 4 miles 4-5 times a week, can press his body weight 10 times, etc) has no clue what it's like to fight for 5 minutes. Let alone has the experience to do it efficiently so he doesn't gas in the first 45 seconds cause he's holding his breath and going all out with all his muscles.

You are right, I was a little off on his weight. Per Royce he was 178 for the first UFC. When he fought Sakuraba again 10 years later he weighed 188. He still went out there and beat 250 pound guys that were lean and experienced like Kimo and Shamrock. Lets be honest, none of the guys on Arfcom are anywhere near 20-30 year old roided up Shamrocks/Kimos.

This was the problem for both guys. They were literally so gassed from all that muscle weight, he tired them out and that was that. When your that big, if you don't end it in the first 5 mins, your probably not gonna win.

Yeah I remember. I watched it from my barracks room in El Toro. That was UFC 2 if I remember correctly. Then UFC three is when Tank debuted. Then the first Superfight with Shamrock and Severn, that was a good one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Negative. I have 50 pounds on her, and have been rolling since '93. Some of you guys don't have a clue. A guy in good shape, with just his blue after about 6 months, who will avoid, or work his way out of the basics, will likely pummel her onto the hospital.
View Quote

Everyone keeps dancing around saying that, I've tried to get them too, but they won't. So thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll just leave this here.  Weight classes do matter.  That guy isn't a champion fighter but manhandled her like a little kid.

http://youtu.be/o9xjs2fWJEs
View Quote

LOL
That's Gegard Mousasi a middleweight UFC fighter
He's ranked about #7 in the world right now.
He was the light heavyweight champion in Strikeforce

Please at least know who your looking at sparring with her before you pass judgement.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Many of the transitions and sweeps are high level stuff. The reason most submissions don't work anymore is because most of the high level pro fighters are black belts or train with black belts everyday.
I would favor Demian Maia over a 10x Muy Thai World Champion with 2 years of BJJ training. Same with Fabricio Werdum, or even Frank Mir.

Look at early Fedor for example. He was a Sambo champ, not BJJ. Yes the armbars he did were elementary, but the transitions to get there were anything but.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay so you proved my point for me, thank you

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

View Quote

Yah, physics is hard to ignore. At that size, she'd need a running start just to knock me offun balance.
But I wouldn't mind her trying.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because in fact there are a lot of things learned after blue belt that are used?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Would smash while she was smashing me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#19]
She'd have to do it with my dick swinging around. I'd get naked as soon as they closed the cage and I'd be trying to fuck...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She plays for the other team. Unless you're a woman, then apologies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet she is a fearsome fuck

She plays for the other team. Unless you're a woman, then apologies.

She has a boyfriend. Bi.....maybe.

Eta: she kicked the shit out of two guys at a movie theatre....the pussies that they were they sued her, and lost.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And here is what happens when a street fighter goes up against professional fighter without all the silly rules; just like in the street.

http://youtu.be/2RSII8Da4to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter.  No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

http://youtu.be/tl6ilMpq8hQ

And here is what happens when a street fighter goes up against professional fighter without all the silly rules; just like in the street.

What's that you say? A street brawler against someone with superior training and conditioning?

Start at 1:40. Don't worry. It doesn't take long.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sweeps and reversals ARE high-level work, and they typically lead to wins by ground and pound, OR by avoiding the ground and pound. Most submissions are by techs learned within the first year of rolling. Not all, of course, but most. The reason for that is twofold-everyone can roll mow, and the least often thought-of factor-GLOVES.  Gloves kill high-level jiu-jitsu.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nonsense. Nothing in the "real world" makes strength more important. What makes a "street" fight more deadly is surprise, weapons, buddies, no ref, and surprise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fighting in a ring / dojo is VERY different from actual fighting in the real world.  In real world fights strength and brutality count a lot more than in a ring.  

Nonsense. Nothing in the "real world" makes strength more important. What makes a "street" fight more deadly is surprise, weapons, buddies, no ref, and surprise.

Not talking about the parts in blue.

I had a long response typed up, but basically a 200 pound guy could just shove her into a wall and it would be over.  See how that differs from "sparring" in a ring or dojo.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Because in fact there are a lot of things learned after blue belt that are used?
View Quote

I come as a guy who just wants to learn bjj, what do you teach me?

I come as a guy with a wrestling background who want's to fight and I think wearing the PJs is teh ghey, what do you teach me?

Point being, if it's THAT useful, it's integrated into a fighters camp. All the rest of the stuff not so much.

Can we agree on that?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
only if she could catch me
View Quote

How far can you waddle?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tank Abbott was a beast. He is far from the average street fighter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter.  No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

He wrestled through high school and college. His base was wrestling. His street fights more a hobby.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I come as a guy with a wrestling background who want's to fight and I think wearing the PJs is teh ghey, what do you teach me?

Point being, if it's THAT useful, it's integrated into a fighters camp. All the rest of the stuff not so much.

Can we agree on that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we agree on that?

I teach you how to fall down and not get hurt. First thing. (but seriously. ukemiwaza is no joke)
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He wrestled through high school and college. His base was wrestling. His street fights more a hobby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second only to beer drinking.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread reads almost verbatim like the 10 year old girl karate exhibition thread.  All the resident badasses come out to thump their chests.  lulz.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I like my women a little more feminine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This thread reads almost verbatim like the 10 year old girl karate exhibition thread.  All the resident badasses come out to thump their chests.  lulz.
View Quote

You mean there were guys bragging they could beat up a 10 year old girl?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You mean there were guys bragging they could beat up a 10 year old girl?
View Quote

Have you seen 10 year olds these days?  Some of them are monsters!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
that broad can go get bent no matter how tough she is. She is only relevant to the segment of the population that watches that stuff. Does not matter elsewhere.
View Quote

that's a pretty stupid thing to say. Or do you say it about ALL athletes, and shooters?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#37]
in this thread, lots of idiots badasses who dont know that a professional fighter (whos been doing it for years) whould whip their asses, just because it's a woman.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Can we agree on that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we agree on that?

Sure, but years and years of refining a technique and finding shortcuts that work for you greatly trumps any rushed training camps.

Most every fight goes to the ground. The fighters that are better on the ground are the ones who usually win.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

A girl I was hanging out with is very into fitness, which I find attractive.  One night she started talking about how she wants to do MMA fights.  That's when I learned where my preference limit falls on the feminine-masculine continuum.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd rather be destroyed by Gina Carano.

(In the good smash sort of way. Not the bad role reversal she-smash-you kind of way that GD has been into lately.)
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Watch what BJJ does against a much larger opponent who doesn't know how to defend against it.

http://youtu.be/W5WfWmISKrk

View Quote

My former roommate did a lot of BJJ. Totally into it, black belt, fills in teaching...

He recently spent some time in the hospital getting his intestines put back in after his mouth wrote a check his BJJ couldn't cash.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A girl I was hanging out with is very into fitness, which I find attractive.  One night she started talking about how she wants to do MMA fights.  That's when I learned where my preference limit falls on the feminine-masculine continuum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I don't mind the ugly chicks fighting so much but the pretty ones, it bothers me to see a pretty face smashed in
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My former roommate did a lot of BJJ. Totally into it, black belt, fills in teaching...

He recently spent some time in the hospital getting his intestines put back in after his mouth wrote a check his BJJ couldn't cash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch what BJJ does against a much larger opponent who doesn't know how to defend against it.

Yeah taking a guy with a knife to the ground is like jumping into the crocodiles mouth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew a golden gloves boxer. Who spent along time in rehab, repairing the damage from double heel hooks. When his mouth (specifically his spit to the face) wrote a check his boxing couldn't cash. 100% true story. See how that works?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I can spar hard for 5 rounds, a little shorter and skinner than you. Her conditioning would be eyeopening for even me. Most people here would be floored by the depth of her tank. (i'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nevermind the thread is asking whether she could kick my ass.

The answer is no, I'm bigger, stronger and have been training for a long time. MT/BJJ for the record

I think she would surprise a lot of GD couch warriors.

I think if she got me on my back, she might be able to leverage me into an armbar.

Otherwise, starting standing, I win 9 times in 10 (assuming I get breaks...lots of breaks ).  8 year muay thai, 6'1" and 230 lbs.  Blocking a kick from me risks an Anderson Silva moment for her.

I can spar hard for 5 rounds, a little shorter and skinner than you. Her conditioning would be eyeopening for even me. Most people here would be floored by the depth of her tank. (i'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere )

Oh, for sure. I think I would struggle to go for a full 5 minute round just from the adrenaline surge and my asthma (cardio days on the heavy bag were the worst).

But all I would need would be to land a few solid blows, even blocked, and maybe clinch.

Anyone who has never been on the wrong end of a real Thai kick should try it one day. My wife would get bruised arms from holdings pads for me and you only practice at 50-75%.

Anyhow, she could out cardio me by a country mile standing or on the ground, but I would bet real money she couldn't tap me 2 times in 3.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, should have been taking Japanese jujitsu. He could have chop sueyed that knife out of the guy's hand.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#47]
See all those moves.

I'm 6'4 250 lbs and bench press 350 lbs, she can't do those moves to me. She can't twist me up into a pretzel, I'd plain overpower her.

She's probably be too quick and skilled for me to destroy her, but she couldn't do shit to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oh, for sure. I think I would struggle to go for a full 5 minute round just from the adrenaline surge and my asthma (cardio days on the heavy bag were the worst).

But all I would need would be to land a few solid blows, even blocked, and maybe clinch.

Anyone who has never been on the wrong end of a real Thai kick should try it one day. My wife would get bruised arms from holdings pads for me and you only practice at 50-75%.

Anyhow, she could out cardio me by a country mile standing or on the ground, but I would bet real money she couldn't tap me 2 times in 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nevermind the thread is asking whether she could kick my ass.

The answer is no, I'm bigger, stronger and have been training for a long time. MT/BJJ for the record

I think she would surprise a lot of GD couch warriors.

I think if she got me on my back, she might be able to leverage me into an armbar.

Otherwise, starting standing, I win 9 times in 10 (assuming I get breaks...lots of breaks ).  8 year muay thai, 6'1" and 230 lbs.  Blocking a kick from me risks an Anderson Silva moment for her.

Watch the video with her rolling with Uriah Hall that I posted on page 4. Also, there are videos on YouTube with her going against guys, although half speed, it shows that unless you have extensive ground training, she will indeed tap you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

See, should have been taking Japanese jujitsu. He could have chop sueyed that knife out of the guy's hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was supremely confident that his Jits could overcome any differential in equality.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
See all those moves.

I'm 6'4 250 lbs and bench press 350 lbs, she can't do those moves to me. She can't twist me up into a pretzel, I'd plain overpower her.

She's probably be too quick and skilled for me to destroy her, but she couldn't do shit to me.
View Quote

After you tired in 90 seconds, there is a possibility that she could indeed make something happen. With your size, it would be tough for her, but if you're tired and on the ground, I don't care if you're Arnold.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top