Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone having install issues? Friend installed AC4 and its been stuck at 5% for two hours.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone here running their Xbox One through an A/V Receiver?

If so, have you found the Xbox menu setup option to calibrate the receiver? It mentions that you can take care of it later during the cable box setup but I can't find it.

ETA: Never mind, I figured it out. Now I just need to figure out how to make the whole system jive with the Xbox voice commands and my Harmony Remote.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone having install issues? Friend installed AC4 and its been stuck at 5% for two hours.
View Quote

I just installed the same game and it took about 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

yes, but the complaints are:

1. Story line is only 6 hours
2. hack and slash mechanics only take a short time to master, and never grow more difficult
3. little variety in enemy type
4. gameplay is mindless and easy.

it's supposedly beautiful, but i want more than a pretty picture
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was only going to get BF4 but I am considering Ryse Rome
thoughts.

Everything I've read about Ryse makes me think it's just showing off the hardware, and the gameplay itself was brutally awful, and boring.

i cancelled my pre order for it and got Forza instead.
Copy that.

I'm gonna do the same.

Really? I just watched a video, and it looks like the coolest hack and slash ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmV4CdNdx0k

yes, but the complaints are:

1. Story line is only 6 hours
2. hack and slash mechanics only take a short time to master, and never grow more difficult
3. little variety in enemy type
4. gameplay is mindless and easy.

it's supposedly beautiful, but i want more than a pretty picture

Honestly, it sounds like Dante's Inferno. Neat game, but the hack and slash mechanics took all of 10 minutes to master, and by 2 hours in I was bored out of my mind.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It was 42% give or take a few.Dead Rising 3.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the games must be downloaded and installed although it just says installing.

Are you not able to play a game when it is just partially downloaded?
It was 42% give or take a few.Dead Rising 3.

Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I love Amazon! Thanks to them my wife got a chance to get my early
Christmas present
(Using xbone right now to type this)
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#7]
It seems that if you're online, the Xbox attempts to download the game rather than install from the disc...

Kind of a pain.  I disabled the network connection, but it won't let me install the game that started downloading.

At least I was able to start Forza at ~10%
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
After some reading online, it seems that the xbox is actually downloading a patch, and only one thing can install at one time.

For some reason it defaults to installing the patch first, then the game.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it make anyone nervous that Microsoft completely mismanaged Achievements for the One? You actually have to be online for achievements to pop. That's one issue that's preventing me from purchasing a console in the future. I'd thought that Microsoft removed all "always online" requirements but it appears they snuck one in...apparently they didn't learn from all the backlash.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:01:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Aren't achievements an xbl thing anyway?

I've been playing forza like mad, nice with all the empty leader boards taking top 100-300 spots on most tracks (seems most tracks are only up to 7000ish entries) :p. I AM the 1%. I'm sure I'll be bumped down plenty as more people get their consoles and play the tracks more seriously though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh, Xbox one kicks. Ass.

Can't wait to play more.

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Also, got a $12 refund from Amazon for a launch day price guarantee for battlefield 4. Pretty fucking cool.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:23:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sad I'm at work and I'll be gone girl the next 36 hours wile my new xbox one sits at home
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Won't be playing mine until Tuesday.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 4:44:48 AM EDT
[#15]
got it setup and starting playing after work last night. existing xbox live account sign is was a PITA. it kept asking me to enter funny looking characters to verify I wasn't a "robot" I had to reset the password by loggin into xbox live from my ipad to get the dam thing to work. once up and running played ghosts for an hour. graphics seemed to blow away the 360 to me and multiplayer gameplay of ghosts seemed much less cartoony than previous COD. havn't played forza yet and picking up B4 today as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does it make anyone nervous that Microsoft completely mismanaged Achievements for the One? You actually have to be online for achievements to pop. That's one issue that's preventing me from purchasing a console in the future. I'd thought that Microsoft removed all "always online" requirements but it appears they snuck one in...apparently they didn't learn from all the backlash.
View Quote

Doesn't bother me a bit but I've always been a bit confused by the achievement point system. Can you actually trade them in or is it just a status thing?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Doesn't bother me a bit but I've always been a bit confused by the achievement point system. Can you actually trade them in or is it just a status thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like in the TV show "Whose Line is it Anyway" - everything is made up and the points don't matter.

ETA: you may have to be online to actually get the achievement, but you can unlock it offline and you'll get it the next time you're back on.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#18]
So far in am pretty impressed.  I have it integrated with my DirecTV receiver and it is kind of neat to control that with voice commands.

It only took me about 15 minutes to install COD, but other friends had problems until they rebooted their routers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Won't be playing mine until Tuesday.
View Quote

Make sure to hook it up to your TV.

It's sleek and cool and the adult version of a console.  

Then you say, "Xbox, snap Tv," and either double tap the home button and or say ,"switch" to continue to grind hunting items in Ass Creed while watching The Blacklist.  For me, that's a killer app on a 100 inch screen.

I have a ps4 next to my xbox right now and will honestly not be playing anything on it until Second son comes out.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

After some reading online, it seems that the xbox is actually downloading a patch, and only one thing can install at one time.

View Quote
Is this in edition to the launch update?

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's like in the TV show "Whose Line is it Anyway" - everything is made up and the points don't matter.

ETA: you may have to be online to actually get the achievement, but you can unlock it offline and you'll get it the next time you're back on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Achievements are something that I take time to unlock. On the 360, if you're not online you can still unlock achievements but there is no time stamp, which is fine. Having to log the console into the internet to use a basic function is pretty shitty and shows me that Microsoft will try to sneak in ways to get you to connect to the internet despite the backlash.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every game I installed so far has a patch - from about 500-1000mb
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Achievements are something that I take time to unlock. On the 360, if you're not online you can still unlock achievements but there is no time stamp, which is fine. Having to log the console into the internet to use a basic function is pretty shitty and shows me that Microsoft will try to sneak in ways to get you to connect to the internet despite the backlash.
View Quote

Steam achievements only unlock if you're online.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Got mine last night. Pretty cool set up. While buggy, graphics look a lot better than last generation
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Got mine set up last night - it's incredible. the kinect functionality is really cool - it's like star trek, talking to your tv. got my games and most of the apps I wanted to install taken care of last night. Played a little forza, BF4, and Killer Instinct.

there's just no way the PS4 is going to be able to keep up with this thing - once word of mouth gets out, past the fanboys - once people go over to their friend's houses and play on and Xbox One - there's so many more reasons to buy this thing than a PS4.

pretty exciting.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]

there's just no way the PS4 is going to be able to keep up with this thing - once word of mouth gets out, past the fanboys - once people go over to their friend's houses and play on and Xbox One - there's so many more reasons to buy this thing than a PS4.

pretty exciting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Got mine set up last night - it's incredible. the kinect functionality is really cool - it's like star trek, talking to your tv. got my games and most of the apps I wanted to install taken care of last night. Played a little forza, BF4, and Killer Instinct.

pretty exciting.
View Quote

The xbox had 13 markets and sold 1 million. The ps4 did it North America alone with another Europe launch next week coming and you think it can't keep up? Lol ok
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a PC gamer---I'm a console gamer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The xbox had 13 markets and sold 1 million. The ps4 did it North America alone with another Europe launch next week coming and you think it can't keep up? Lol ok
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty exciting.

No fanboyism here, but the numbers are pretty telling. The PS4 has sold at least 1 million units in the NA market...not worldwide. That's the strongest console launch in history. I still might pick up a One in a few years, but Microsoft is going to need to get their act together and convince me---let's see some quality games at native 1080p, complete elimination of the need to go online for basic features (achievements), and a price drop and/or Kinect-less console. Until then, I will happily game on my PS4, and will dust off the 360 if I feel the need to play some offline Halo/Gears/Fallout 3.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#31]

No fanboyism here, but the numbers are pretty telling. The PS4 has sold at least 1 million units in the NA market...not worldwide. That's the strongest console launch in history. I still might pick up a One in a few years, but Microsoft is going to need to get their act together and convince me---let's see some quality games at native 1080p, complete elimination of the need to go online for basic features (achievements), and a price drop and/or Kinect-less console. Until then, I will happily game on my PS4, and will dust off the 360 if I feel the need to play some offline Halo/Gears/Fallout 3.
View Quote
Exactly, or play a little Last of Us on the PS3!

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes indeed I'll be purchasing the updated version on PS4 when it's released. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty exciting.

i'm well aware. we'll compare notes a few years down the road and see how it holds up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

i'm well aware. we'll compare notes a few years down the road and see how it holds up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty exciting.

Can't wait! Give it 2 years and we'll see the true power of these consoles. Don't get me wrong, Killzone Shadowfall has the best graphics of any console game at the moment, but once more time has gone by we'll be seeing some truly stunning titles. Hopefully Microsoft irons out the issues with the One soon. I'm just happy that everything finally released, and I'm curious to see how the PS4 performs overseas. Microsoft's launch numbers give me the impression that the PS4 will continue to outsell the One but who knows. Either way it's driving innovation in the industry and we all win.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty exciting.

The specs on both machines are outstanding for consoles, I'm sure the 1 is just as impressive as the ps4 graphically now. Exclusives are where these system will shine and the fact that the ps4 is running much better RAM leads me to believe that it will really shine later on and the fact that the gpu is technically more powerful.

The one does have an advantage in clock speeds on the cpu, RAM, and GPU but I don't think that is going to make a big difference.

Either way each side will argue why their system is better than the others and so on. I'll more than likely end up with a one down the road, but I have always preferred the playstation.

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The specs on both machines are outstanding for consoles, I'm sure the 1 is just as impressive as the ps4 graphically now.
View Quote

Unfortunately that is not the case, at least not currently. Down the road I expect to see all games on the One running at 1080p but that isn't the case now. One thing that I am going to find incredibly strange is Kingdom Hearts on the One. I'm excited that the next KH game is multiplatform instead of just Sony.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can't wait! Give it 2 years and we'll see the true power of these consoles. Don't get me wrong, Killzone Shadowfall has the best graphics of any console game at the moment, but once more time has gone by we'll be seeing some truly stunning titles. Hopefully Microsoft irons out the issues with the One soon. I'm just happy that everything finally released, and I'm curious to see how the PS4 performs overseas. Microsoft's launch numbers give me the impression that the PS4 will continue to outsell the One but who knows. Either way it's driving innovation in the industry and we all win.
View Quote

By all means - I have no doubt that the PS4 will be able to put up some better looking games than the One will (and that's part of why I'll get one eventually, well - that and quantic dream's titles). I am certainly excited for this generation of systems - we're gonna get some really, really cool stuff over the next few years.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

By all means - I have no doubt that the PS4 will be able to put up some better looking games than the One will (and that's part of why I'll get one eventually, well - that and quantic dream's titles). I am certainly excited for this generation of systems - we're gonna get some really, really cool stuff over the next few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more. It looks like Crash Bandicoot is being acquired by Sony. I may literally crap my pants with excitement if/when it's confirmed. Curious to see how Halo 5 turns out as well. This is shaping up to be an amazing generation.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty exciting.

I wouldn't hold your breath both candidates for the next Microsoft CEO want to sell bing and xbox as a first priority.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Double tap
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wouldn't hold your breath both candidates for the next Microsoft CEO want to sell bing and xbox as a first priority.
View Quote

The One has been mishandled but I still think it'd be dumb to sell Xbox. Bing, on the other hand...
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#42]
anyone have this issue yet? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szY5qUV3-I8
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know what really GRINDS MY GEARS?  
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Sexy people play games on PC ;)
http://hackerbot.net/106-sexy-gamer-coolness-index-sgci

=P
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#46]
My Forza 5 Mitsubishi Evolution that I've modeled against one of their Rally Cars.  #87 ftw haha.  Open the image in a new tab for 1080p goodness.  

Rotor Glow..  

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My Forza 5 Mitsubishi Evolution that I've modeled against one of their Rally Cars.  #87 ftw haha.  Open the image in a new tab for 1080p goodness.  

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm5&id=59600&full=true

Rotor Glow..  

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm5&id=57892&full=true

View Quote

Forza graphics look pretty stunning. Makes me wish I had picked it up as well. Especially since I got BF4, which at the moment is too buggy to play :(
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#48]
So one of my favorite features of the 360 was the ability to stream media (video) from my desktop over wifi. This allowed me to watch downloaded content in my living room on my tv. Pretty standard stuff these days, right?

Well....   Does the One not have this capability!?!?  

I have googled and see that you can use something called 'Play To' from your windows 8 PC to send video the one. But you can not browse/start playback from the One. You need to initiate it from your windows pc.  Which becomes a big problem when your source desktop is a Mac. Previously i used software called 'Rivet' on my Mac, which essentially turns your computer into a networked storage device.

Hoping there is a software update for the One to rectify this shortly. Right now I am having to keep my 360 also hooked up, so that I can stream media.

Am I missing something somewhere to enable this?

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So one of my favorite features of the 360 was the ability to stream media (video) from my desktop over wifi. This allowed me to watch downloaded content in my living room on my tv. Pretty standard stuff these days, right?

I have googled and see that you can use something called 'Play To' from your windows 8 PC to send video the one. But you can not browse/start playback from the One. You need to initiate it from your windows pc.  Which becomes a big problem when your source desktop is a Mac. Previously i used software called 'Rivet' on my Mac, which essentially turns your computer into a networked storage device.

Hoping there is a software update for the One to rectify this shortly. Right now I am having to keep my 360 also hooked up, so that I can stream media.

View Quote

Not at launch, but I would be surprised if there wasn't an update to allow the same functionality in the next few months.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not at launch, but I would be surprised if there wasn't an update to allow the same functionality in the next few months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. People aren't too happy that Sony removed this functionality as well and Sony has indicated that it'll be enabled at some point in the future. If Sony enables it, Microsoft will most certainly enable it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top