Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's different for sure, people that don't believe it's going to rain tomorrow don't argue about it with people who do. But bring God into it and the non believers want to force their non- belief on others. It's sad, what most don't understand is that any joy they have here on earth ,any love or hope comes from this invisible god they don't even believe in ; yet they benefit from him all day every day. Even the light that shines day and night is due to him,  bible says Jesus is the light of the world.. take hell .. there is no joy, hope, happiness, no light. total suck place void of the invisible god they don't even believe in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So?...God does not fit in your little box set up by your limited understanding....so therefore he's mean.

A "god" that creates sentient beings and ends up sitting in judgement over them and casts the majority in lakes of fire and brimstone for eternity isn't "mean"; he is an unloving and unjust tyrant.

This is what baffles me....you don't believe..so why is any of this any issue to you?

It's different for sure, people that don't believe it's going to rain tomorrow don't argue about it with people who do. But bring God into it and the non believers want to force their non- belief on others. It's sad, what most don't understand is that any joy they have here on earth ,any love or hope comes from this invisible god they don't even believe in ; yet they benefit from him all day every day. Even the light that shines day and night is due to him,  bible says Jesus is the light of the world.. take hell .. there is no joy, hope, happiness, no light. total suck place void of the invisible god they don't even believe in.
What about people who don't believe that global warming is going to kill us all who argue with people who do?  I'll tell you my view on it:
1) Its fun to debate with people on topics where you are confident you are correct and they aren't (I love me some religion threads and I love me some bigfoot threads). ETA::Like it or not, this is what some people do for fun.  I don't watch TV, I don't watch sports, I don't play videogames, and I don't even check Facebook much.  I watch youtube videos and screw around on a forum.  That is what I choose to do when I sit on my ass.
2) People believing in things that don't exist can affect your daily life. Regardless if AGW exists or not, Al Gore and his evironmental minions are a danger to our economy and way of life.  Doesn't matter if its all in their minds, or a conspiracy, or not.
Bullshit.  Joy hope and love were part of the human experience long before any of the major religions were created, including Christianity.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...in place of somebody you love and care about?

For clarification:  This person is going to Hell because they are not 'saved'   ie; they never said "the prayer" to accept Jesus into their lives before they passed...
View Quote

If thats your criteria then the person will have plenty of company me included....
Keep it in the religion forum....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If thats your criteria then the person will have plenty of company me included....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...in place of somebody you love and care about?

For clarification:  This person is going to Hell because they are not 'saved'   ie; they never said "the prayer" to accept Jesus into their lives before they passed...

That doesn't provide the same opportunity for trolling as posting in GD does.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And you would be correct.  There is no possible Pascal's Wager.  You can't "pretend" to believe to fool God.

Belief must be genuine or it means nothing.  If you are not interested, then it is silly to try to convince you.  You've made up your mind.

If you've not made up your mind, then it is our commandment to tell you about the Gospel.  But no one can force you to believe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it man, don't mean to offend but Christians believe because of faith and actual real stuff that happens to them as a Christian that fortifies their belief and faith. but hey , if it's bogus in the end.. then we'll all be dead and no harm done because as a believer if I'm wrong , oh well .. as a non believer if you're wrong , you're screwed

If God sends me to hell because I didn't believe in something "just in case"...I wouldn't be a fan of a God like that anyway.

And you would be correct.  There is no possible Pascal's Wager.  You can't "pretend" to believe to fool God.

Belief must be genuine or it means nothing.  If you are not interested, then it is silly to try to convince you.  You've made up your mind.

If you've not made up your mind, then it is our commandment to tell you about the Gospel.  But no one can force you to believe.

that's the thing...If there was enough proof that God was real then I'd believe..But making statements like piney did just doesn't convince me (not picking on you piney ). I know plenty of Christians in real life that have told me I'll burn in hell that I would "get mine in the end" and various other nonsense such as that because I question the bible..statements like that make me want to get away from the people making the statement.

I've read the bible cover to cover b/c I remember people I grew up with reading it and putting their hands up in the air and crying in the middle of services and I tried to get that kind of emotion out of the bible but no matter how many times I read it it just doesn't give me that reaction..It's a great story, but that's about all I've ever gotten out of it..My former pastor told us all that it was the literal word of God...I found myself reading it and questioning how things could have literally happened like that...He never answered me and told me again that it was the literal word of God and I should accept that.

it is what it is I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Justice is when you get what you deserve.

mercy is when you don't get what you deserve.

Grace is when you get what you don't deserve.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So everyone who does those things gets a pass from god/sniper? Cool.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not the sniper's fault giving you the power of choice, its the sniper's fault for limiting your options to "appease me or die".  Same with hell.  Thus, "free will" does not absolve either god or the sniper from responsibility for creating the situation.  

ETA::Furthermore, there are plenty of ways that the sniper, or god, could test free will that wouldn't involve death or torture for not buying it.

There is no "appease me".  The choice is whether or not one values life and the lives and rights of others, such as their sovereignty of will.   This isn't a game like the politicians and folks in charge play, where they fake it.  

Edit:  Note that God didn't force His will on anyone.  When the religious authorities claimed to know and understand Him, they killed Him, because He did not comply to their demands.  So, the "appease me" only applies to the men that require it, because God doesn't.

Gets a pass?  Gifts aren't considered "passes" and the gift was given before anyone made decisions regarding their values.  Freedom itself is a condition where folks respect the rights of others, it's a gift extended.  Respecting the life of others is more than just respecting rights, it's a concern for their well being beyond simply respecting their rights.   The fundamental statement regarding "salvation" is Matt 12:32, "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."   If one's respect for the life of others doesn't include concern for their well being also and they deliberately work against folks that do, then why should they not be excluded from the ranks of those that are concerned and act accordingly?  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I would do.  If you and were talking and you told me you didn't want to hear any more, I would change the subject and talk about guns or something.

I personally believe it is a waste of time trying to argue with a person that doesn't want to hear the gospel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If God sends me to hell because I didn't believe in something "just in case"...I wouldn't be a fan of a God like that anyway.

And when someone say "Stop, enough already.", why not stop? When I was telling of my search, that is one of the things that turned me off, I did not want to be bombarded but whenever I would say I had enough, it wouldn't stop. It was as if they thought they were fighting a fish and if they rested for even a second it would throw the hook and escape, In reality it was just the opposite, the fish fought harder to get away.

That's exactly what I would do.  If you and were talking and you told me you didn't want to hear any more, I would change the subject and talk about guns or something.

I personally believe it is a waste of time trying to argue with a person that doesn't want to hear the gospel.

And that is one of the reason I have respect for you. sadly, in my experiences, you are the rare exception.  I wanted to hear it (otherwise I would not have been seeking it), but I wanted sips, not water boarding.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted to hear it (otherwise I would not have been seeking it), but I wanted sips, not water boarding.

I like that.

I do what I can
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So because a priest says that you have to believe in his god and say a fucking prayer you will go to heaven regardless of how you lived your life? Sound like utter BS to me. What about the amazonians for centuries who didn't believe or even know the Christian god, did they not go to heaven? Nonsense

Who cares what a priest said.  Jesus Himself actually said this, and He was God.

good luck with that.

So the Bible being written and translated and rewritten and retranslated CENTURIES after a man named Jesus died, you take it as if it truly was said? Did it never occur to you that maybe the translator or person rewriting the particular version had a vested interest in making it read the way he wanted it to, to suit his needs or his kings or whoever was in powers need?
Good luck with that!!

I think you should do some research on how much the Bible has changed over the centuries.  I think you would be very surprised to find that today's Bible is almost identical to the early canonical books.  The Dead Sea scrolls proves this 100%

Even the secular historical experts would agree that if you compare the original Hebrew and Greek to today's Bible, it is identical, language translations withstanding.

You are running out of legs to stand on with these 'pseudo-facts' that bring a false sense of eternal security/comfort.  Your time is near.

http://www.coolshitiget.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mind-blown-2.gif

Pretentious much?

http://www.myjourneytomillions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/high_horse.jpg

This also ignores the fact that there are Dead Sea Scrolls that are consistent with the Old Testament, not the New Testament, that agree in theme but not completely in the way that oral history was eventually written.

The Codex Sinaiticus, one of the oldest written bibles, dates to approximately the 3rd century AD. The earliest fragments from the New Testament date to perhaps 100AD.

The themes are consistent, but records written at least 100 years after an event will generally fail to capture the exact words used. Foxhound speaks fervently, and I applaud that. His assertion that the various non identical translations of the Bible are all somehow identical to an original record not completely available to historians isn't supported by facts.

Secular historians most certainly could not agree that original Greek and Hebrew sources are identical to whatever specific translation he uses. That presupposes access to a complete, correct, contemporary record of events as an exemplar. I am concerned that his own use of "pseudo-facts" makes his argument a self-licking ice cream cone.

The question should not be whether one person's literal interpretation of a religious text is more accurate, but rather the larger issue of one's overall belief in a supreme being and their relationship with Him.

Just my .02 from a guy who thinks many followers of many different religions become so legalistic and mired in technicalities that they lose perspective.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I hear he makes a gnarly cake too.

I'm down for cake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No no no...I'm calling BS. There is no way you have chosen to worship Satan over ice cream! We need to talk, there is a whole lot more than ice cream over here on this side. Ice cream??? He offered a lot more to Jesus I'm just saying. I'm sure you are special to him but may wanna ask about the other deals he has going.

Also, the guy I friended casts out demons on a dime. Ice cream.....please

It's really good ice cream.

I hear he makes a gnarly cake too.

I'm down for cake.

Oh that reminds me, the devil is a liar. I'm sure you two already knew that. Looks like I'm gonna have to pray for your soul too.  Aw dang
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wanted to hear it (otherwise I would not have been seeking it), but I wanted sips, not water boarding.

I like that.

Best summation I've heard and yes, as a Christian,  a lot of the problem is there is all this talk and not much walk.  I think Paul says it something like this: preach the gospel in everything you do, even speak if needed. May have messed that up but the point is you spread the love of our faith by lifting each other up, encouraging people when they are down, helping those with less than yourselves, and PRAYING over people. You really should only discuss your faith as the rock you stand on when the time is right which unfortunately almost never is in GD.

Anyway, NineLivez I really like what you said
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I think if I was on the fence about believing I'd be persuaded a bit if I just really looked at it from.. who gets and takes the most abuse as a religion. Now I don't consider Christianity a religion per se , but for the sake of the point just consider all the religions of the world. None of them get abused and persecuted the way Christianity does. It's not even close. I mean look at the way liberals scoff and ridicule Christians, look at our media. They basically loathe Christians and the Bible, etc. I mean it's a given.. Ever ask why? Why do all the other religions get a pass?  Well, I say that is a huge indicator that something of truth may actually exist with in that fact. We all can agree that there seems to be 2 forces in the world , they are God=good , Devil=evil. , Good and evil seem to exist side by side in the earth since time began. Well to me it seems that evil forces works overtime to cause folks to abuse Christians. Evil and its influence gives the others a pass because it knows they are no threat. It's the Christian God that must be dealt with.. to me that's more proof the Bible and Christians are in the company of truth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#15]
According to the Pope, there is no hell, so there!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why is this person I love / care for going to Hell?
View Quote

There a slut
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Lets see people who base religious beliefs on a book wrote 1500 years after the crucifixion of Crist, and supervised by a King who people were fleeing to the new world to get away from. I just don't know.

You do realize they added complete verses that did not exist before the King James Version was written right?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Pope speaks for exactly one group of Christians.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lets see people who base religious beliefs on a book wrote 1500 years after the crucifixion of Crist, and supervised by a King who people were fleeing to the new world to get away from. I just don't know.

You do realize they added complete verses that did not exist before the King James Version was written right?

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What about people who don't believe that global warming is going to kill us all who argue with people who do?  I'll tell you my view on it:

1) Its fun to debate with people on topics where you are confident you are correct and they aren't (I love me some religion threads and I love me some bigfoot threads). ETA::Like it or not, this is what some people do for fun.  I don't watch TV, I don't watch sports, I don't play videogames, and I don't even check Facebook much.  I watch youtube videos and screw around on a forum.  That is what I choose to do when I sit on my ass.

2) People believing in things that don't exist can affect your daily life. Regardless if AGW exists or not, Al Gore and his evironmental minions are a danger to our economy and way of life.  Doesn't matter if its all in their minds, or a conspiracy, or not.

Bullshit.  Joy hope and love were part of the human experience long before any of the major religions were created, including Christianity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So?...God does not fit in your little box set up by your limited understanding....so therefore he's mean.

A "god" that creates sentient beings and ends up sitting in judgement over them and casts the majority in lakes of fire and brimstone for eternity isn't "mean"; he is an unloving and unjust tyrant.

This is what baffles me....you don't believe..so why is any of this any issue to you?

lmao...just knew you were gonna throw that garbage out there again.....tell us..Do you believe that human activity is responsible for "global warming"?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rubbish.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Tartar sauce
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Everyday I wake up and go to work for my wife and kids. Place is close enough.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#24]
A lot of judgement in here from the religious people.  Doesn't the bible say thou shalt not judge?  I guess if you are "saved" you can be a hypocrite.  Why does it matter if a person doesn't accept a religion?  Are they damaging your "saved" soul somehow?  Quit trying to exhert your belief structure on others.  If Atheists are living a good and morale life treating others with respect, then leave them alone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A lot of judgement in here from the religious people.  Doesn't the bible say thou shalt not judge?  I guess if you are "saved" you can be a hypocrite. Why does it matter if a person doesn't accept a religion?  Are they damaging your "saved" soul somehow?  Quit trying to exhert your belief structure on others.  If Atheists are living a good and morale life treating others with respect, then leave them alone.
View Quote

Because they know it will eventually begin to fizzle out if new people don't keep joining

We probably can't even fathom how many religions or cults that have been created and lost during the history of humanity. Since civilization and networks of trade and information exchange however ideas were able to take deeper hold over bigger areas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because they know it will eventually begin to fizzle out if new people don't keep joining

We probably can't even fathom how many religions or cults that have been created and lost during the history of humanity. Since civilization and networks of trade and information exchange however ideas were able to take deeper hold over bigger areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of judgement in here from the religious people.  Doesn't the bible say thou shalt not judge?  I guess if you are "saved" you can be a hypocrite. Why does it matter if a person doesn't accept a religion?  Are they damaging your "saved" soul somehow?  Quit trying to exhert your belief structure on others.  If Atheists are living a good and morale life treating others with respect, then leave them alone.

Yup I agree with this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#27]
I mentioned to a friend one time that lots of groups believe that every plant, and animal in nature has a spirit, and on a smaller level they might worship nature and what it provides us with over a supreme being.

His answer was "Pagans, worshiping the created not the creator, they will go to hell"

I wouldn't say I go as far as worshipping, but it's as close to religion as I will get. I kill lots of stuff during all the hunting seasons, I always make it a point to thank whatever I just shot for providing me with the meat. I just took the most precious thing they had, it's the least I could do, shame I have to go to hell because of it though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Gets a pass?  Gifts aren't considered "passes" and the gift was given before anyone made decisions regarding their values.  Freedom itself is a condition where folks respect the rights of others, it's a gift extended.  Respecting the life of others is more than just respecting rights, it's a concern for their well being beyond simply respecting their rights.   The fundamental statement regarding "salvation" is Matt 12:32, "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."   If one's respect for the life of others doesn't include concern for their well being also and they deliberately work against folks that do, then why should they not be excluded from the ranks of those that are concerned and act accordingly?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not the sniper's fault giving you the power of choice, its the sniper's fault for limiting your options to "appease me or die".  Same with hell.  Thus, "free will" does not absolve either god or the sniper from responsibility for creating the situation.  

ETA::Furthermore, there are plenty of ways that the sniper, or god, could test free will that wouldn't involve death or torture for not buying it.

There is no "appease me".  The choice is whether or not one values life and the lives and rights of others, such as their sovereignty of will.   This isn't a game like the politicians and folks in charge play, where they fake it.  

Edit:  Note that God didn't force His will on anyone.  When the religious authorities claimed to know and understand Him, they killed Him, because He did not comply to their demands.  So, the "appease me" only applies to the men that require it, because God doesn't.

Its just different from the narrative that some like to portray.

"No one is good, good people don't go to heaven, only Christians do".

I appreciate you taking the time to explain your alternative, and IMHO more reasonable viewpoint.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
lmao...just knew you were gonna throw that garbage out there again.....tell us..Do you believe that human activity is responsible for "global warming"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By gwitness

Again, a perfectly valid and reasonable reply is not "garbage".  You only call it that because you wish to discredit it since it destroys your retarded and untenable position.
If it is garbage, please respond, in a reasonable manner to my points by demonstrating with a logical argument why theism v atheism is different than any other topic people like to argue about on the internet?
I bet you won't, because you can't, because you have no argument.  Just ad hominim attacks.
Again, I've never seen you make a logical argument in any thread, just attack people, calling things you can't refute "stupid", challenge people to go to the pit, make things up that they didn't say, etc.  Why? Because your beliefs and opinions aren't based on reason or facts, just emotion and what you want to believe, thus you can't defend them with logic.  That just leaves you with intellectually vapid tactics such as your "do you believe in global warming" red herring in this post. I stated my position on this read herring earlier in the thread.  Too bad you didn't read it.  Guess that's you MO though, not reading posts and just looking for ways to attack people.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:24:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What we "do realize" is that you don't know what you are talking about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does, "faith" allow you to "realize" the truth?  So you are saying that the bible wasn't created during the Council of Nicaea?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The New Testament was written within 100 years of Jesus life.  It was put in final form later, but it was not "written" 1,500 years after Jesus.

What I "believe" is based upon my faith.  But "facts" are based upon history.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does, "faith" allow you to "realize" the truth?  So you are saying that the bible wasn't created during the Council of Nicaea?

The New Testament was written within 100 years of Jesus life.  It was put in final form later, but it was not "written" 1,500 years after Jesus.

I hate to admit it, but I'm going with O_P on this one.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True O_P.  The bible was still written and created by man.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is factually correct.  And for non-believers, that's all there is to the story.

But for believers, we also add our faith.  This is what we believe.

Evangelical Christians believe that the men who wrote the Bible were inspired to do so by God, Who wanted a written record for future generations to have.

We also believe that God Supernaturally Superintended the writing, gathering, and preservation of His Perfect Word to assure that it was accurate and without error, and exactly as He wanted it to be. This inerrancy applied to the original writings, called Autographs. All of these autographs have been lost. But they were copied hundreds of times and we have many of these very early copies. They are in agreement as to content.

We believe that God also Supernaturally kept these books accurate and has preserved them for us without error. Of course, we also realize that anyone that can read Greek can "translate" to English and if they aren't very good at it, make errors. But we can compare any translation to the established copies and see if the translation is correct.

And, before anyone asks, Yes, we believe all of this as a matter of Faith. If you don't believe it, fine with me. I am just explaining what we believe.

I believe in the "plenary, verbally, infallible, inspired, and inerrant-in-the-original-manuscripts Word of God."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is factually correct.  And for non-believers, that's all there is to the story.

Evangelical Christians believe that the men who wrote the Bible were inspired to do so by God, Who wanted a written record for future generations to have.

We also believe that God Supernaturally Superintended the writing, gathering, and preservation of His Perfect Word to assure that it was accurate and without error, and exactly as He wanted it to be. This inerrancy applied to the original writings, called Autographs. All of these autographs have been lost. But they were copied hundreds of times and we have many of these very early copies. They are in agreement as to content.

We believe that God also Supernaturally kept these books accurate and has preserved them for us without error. Of course, we also realize that anyone that can read Greek can "translate" to English and if they aren't very good at it, make errors. But we can compare any translation to the established copies and see if the translation is correct.

And, before anyone asks, Yes, we believe all of this as a matter of Faith. If you don't believe it, fine with me. I am just explaining what we believe.

I believe in the "plenary, verbally, infallible, inspired, and inerrant-in-the-original-manuscripts Word of God."

O_P thank you for explaining that.  I appreciate the dialogue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There a slut
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is this person I love / care for going to Hell?

There a slut

There a slut, here a slut, everywhere a slutslut!

Old MacDonald had a slut E-I-E-I-HO!!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#38]
And on his slut he had a hoe
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Again, a perfectly valid and reasonable reply is not "garbage".  You only call it that because you wish to discredit it since it destroys your retarded and untenable position.

If it is garbage, please respond, in a reasonable manner to my points by demonstrating with a logical argument why theism v atheism is different than any other topic people like to argue about on the internet?

I bet you won't, because you can't, because you have no argument.  Just ad hominim attacks.

Again, I've never seen you make a logical argument in any thread, just attack people, calling things you can't refute "stupid", challenge people to go to the pit, make things up that they didn't say, etc.  Why? Because your beliefs and opinions aren't based on reason or facts, just emotion and what you want to believe, thus you can't defend them with logic.  That just leaves you with intellectually vapid tactics such as your "do you believe in global warming" red herring in this post. I stated my position on this read herring earlier in the thread.  Too bad you didn't read it.  Guess that's you MO though, not reading posts and just looking for ways to attack people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By gwitness

I refuse to take anything you have to say on face value...simply because you have proven time and again that no matter what is offered in our explanations, you ignore them and go on with  your anti-theist sniveling rants.  so either sack up and take it to the pit...or put me on ignore.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I refuse to take anything you have to say on face value...simply because you have proven time and again that no matter what is offered in our explanations, you ignore them and go on with  your anti-theist sniveling rants.  so either sack up and take it to the pit...or put me on ignore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So in short, you have no argument and can't defend your statements or attack mine in a logical manner. That's exactly what I thought.
At the end of the day, your inability to respond proves my point: Atheists talking about things they don't believe in is exactly the same as people talking about every other topic under the sun, from global warming to bigfoot to gays and gay marriage.  Your implication that it is somehow different is beyond silly, and as such, you can't even attempt to defend it.
And no, unlike you, who ignores posts and makes stuff up, I actually try to respond to logical counter arguments to mine.  Not accepting a counter argument as valid, and formulating a reasoned response is vastly different than "ignoring" something.  Again, this is some story that you made up, like all the others you made up about me. Its bazaar actually.
Me put you on ignore? You are the one who quotes my posts when I am talking with OTHER PEOPLE, usually by you saying something as intellectually profound as "you are a big stupidhead".

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And on his slut he had a hoe
View Quote

MMMM sluts.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#42]
IAO SABAO anyone?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Like ancient cartographers used to write in the margins of the known world "there be sluts"
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
snipSo in short, you have no argument and can't defend your statements or attack mine in a logical manner. That's exactly what I thought.

At the end of the day, your inability to respond proves my point: Atheists talking about things they don't believe in is exactly the same as people talking about every other topic under the sun, from global warming to bigfoot to gays and gay marriage.  Your implication that it is somehow different is beyond silly, and as such, you can't even attempt to defend it.

And no, unlike you, who ignores posts and makes stuff up, I actually try to respond to logical counter arguments to mine.  Not accepting a counter argument as valid, and formulating a reasoned response is vastly different than "ignoring" something.  Again, this is some story that you made up, like all the others you made up about me. Its bazaar actually.

Me put you on ignore? You are the one who quotes my posts when I am talking with OTHER PEOPLE, usually by you saying something as intellectually profound as "you are a big stupidhead".

View Quote

The difference between you and I....Is I admit when I don't know something...and am willing to learn...you act as if you learned everything you need to know in kindergarten...and then feel the need to prove it to the internet......again...education =/= intelligence.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The difference between you and I....Is I admit when I don't know something...and am willing to learn...you act as if you learned everything you need to know in kindergarten...and then feel the need to prove it to the internet......again...education =/= intelligence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snipSo in short, you have no argument and can't defend your statements or attack mine in a logical manner. That's exactly what I thought.

Actually you must be thinking of someone else, because that is exactly what I do. I learn things all the time, that's why i have such unwavering opinions on certain topics, because I've researched and thought about them allot.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong on this question, and demonstrate how religion is fundamentally different than every other topic discussed on this board.  However, the most casual observer can see the reason that you don't is not because you have some well reasoned argument that would be rejected, but rather, you have no argument at all.

Again, I've never seen you make a logical case for anything in any one of these threads.  Its really easy to claim that you "admit when you're wrong" on topics of discussion when you never put forth any arguments other than veiled insults and ad hominim attacks.  When the person says "actually, that personal attack doesn't apply to me" you turn around and say "LALLALALA YES IT DOES< I CAN"T HERE YOU LALALALA".  That's you, that's your MO, that's all you got.

Also, you have some hard on about saying "education =/= intelligence", without ever demonstrating that this statement applies to anyone you insult during the course of these threads.  You claim superiority of intelligence and/or logic without ever making a logical argument.

Again, you'll freak out, but look at global warming.  KeithJ and RickO'Shay don't believe in it, and how do they try to argue against it? With logic and facts.  If they were you they'd simply come into the threads and say "everyone is stupid, education doesn't equal intelligence, I could tell you what I think on the topic but I don't want to have to stoop to your pathetic level".

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Actually you must be thinking of someone else, because that is exactly what I do. I learn things all the time, that's why i have such unwavering opinions on certain topics, because I've researched and thought about them allot.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong on this question, and demonstrate how religion is fundamentally different than every other topic discussed on this board.  However, the most casual observer can see the reason that you don't is not because you have some well reasoned argument that would be rejected, but rather, you have no argument at all.

Again, I've never seen you make a logical case for anything in any one of these threads.  Its really easy to claim that you "admit when you're wrong" on topics of discussion when you never put forth any arguments other than veiled insults and ad hominim attacks.  When the person says "actually, that personal attack doesn't apply to me" you turn around and say "LALLALALA YES IT DOES< I CAN"T HERE YOU LALALALA".  That's you, that's your MO, that's all you got.

Also, you have some hard on about saying "education =/= intelligence", without ever demonstrating that this statement applies to anyone you insult during the course of these threads.  You claim superiority of intelligence and/or logic without ever making a logical argument.

Again, you'll freak out, but look at global warming.  KeithJ and RickO'Shay don't believe in it, and how do they try to argue against it? With logic and facts.  If they were you they'd simply come into the threads and say "everyone is stupid, education doesn't equal intelligence, I could tell you what I think on the topic but I don't want to have to stoop to your pathetic level".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not exactly perfect if you check what actually happened historically with made up biblical history.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#49]

While I don't agree with you in the least (religiously speaking), that is an awesome response, O_P.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

While I don't agree with you in the least (religiously speaking), that is an awesome response, O_P.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And like assholes, everyone has them.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top