Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer St.Pauli Girl, or Grolsche, but my standby is regular Budweiser.

I don't do "lights" or cheerleader beer.
View Quote

Those are all light beers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Don't forget being 6' 5", only banging Hollywood actresses and supermodels, making 6-7 figures a year, and packing a 14" dick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Craft beers, mom and pop eateries, cash only, and lambos.  It's the Afrcom way.

Don't forget being 6' 5", only banging Hollywood actresses and supermodels, making 6-7 figures a year, and packing a 14" dick.

Lambos?  Lambos are for the uneducated dolts with more money than taste.  OK, maybe that is the official car of arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you like it, that's all that matters.
View Quote

Likeable and affordable are both considerations...
Busch
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I will drink Miller Highlife and like it

Bud though, I can't so I won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Craft beers, mom and pop eateries, cash only, and lambos.  It's the Afrcom way.

Don't get me wrong, I will drink Miller Highlife and like it

Bud though, I can't so I won't.

Honestly, I'm not commenting on the beer. I don't really care for Bud anymore either. I love craft beers. I just can't afford to drink them all the time at $10-$12 per six pack.

My cheap ass drinks PBR as a beach beer and Natty Ice for a buzz usually.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't afford beer that costs $5 a pint.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm definitely not above drinking cheap beer, but I go for Miller Lite in that case. I just never have liked anything AB makes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't get how wanting good tasting beer makes you a snob.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't get the whole "good tasting" beer snobbery movement. It all tastes like shit and gives you a headache. If you want beer, get the cheap stuff.

What I was saying is that none of them taste good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The trend went towards "my beer is cooler because you've never heard of it".  Budweiser is the antithesis of that.
View Quote

This is hardly true.

There are some well known small to moderate size breweries that kick a lot of ass.

Dogfish head is nationally known, and produces great stuff, not always my style, but many people really love their style.

Karbach in Texas, great beers, well known statewide.

Red Hook brewing, started in the NW, now has a location in NY, they are great as well, they concentrate on the more hoppy styles, but that is the PNW theme. Also Known fairly well.

Great lakes, I haven't had any in years but, the last time I was in the North East I had their variety pack, and it was great.

Shiner beers are getting national publicity, and I think everything they make is pretty damn good.

Samuel Adams is by no means small time or obscure, but they put out some great beers. I enjoy their Oktoberfest, and their Boston lager is a great staple.

The point I am getting at is America is moving away from the shitty beer mentality, and I don't think its about finding the most obscure beer. It is simply about beer that doesn't taste like piss. It is the rediscovery of the trade of brewing.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still don't get the whole "good tasting" beer snobbery movement. It all tastes like shit and gives you a headache. If you want beer, get the cheap stuff.

You're not doing it right
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Bud was the beer of choice when my friends and I were in high school.

As I have grown up since then and acquired a taste for beer...

I prefer Molson Ice.

I tried drinking a couple Budweiser's a while back... And it gave me a terrible headache.

The only reason why I have that Budweiser Piss Tasting Beer in my fridge is to use it to steam my blue claw crabs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Budweiser is one of the best made "macro-brews" manufactured today. They use top notch ingredients in sophisticated factories and their employees are consummate pros. I get a kick out of beer snobs raving about Joe Bob's start-up brewery down the street and how it's so much better than mass produced beer.

If It's the style of beer you don't like, then I understand. But Budweiser is tier one beer. Michelob is one step better and is my preferred summertime "BBQ/cookout" drink.

The reason that the hipsters don't like it is because that's probably what their dad drank. I used to be the same way and was all about the micro-brews when they first became popular. I remember a time when asking for the rarely found Sam Adams was basically announcing to everyone that you were a beer snob. As an older and wiser beer drinker, I realize now that some of the old stable beers our parents drank are actually pretty good. I still like good craft beers, but I'm no longer blinded by price snobbery.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I honestly can't remember the last time I had a Bud.
I don't mind it, but there's so much choice these days that it often gets overlooked.
I'm of course talking about the UK here, but right now I'm drinking a Modelo

http://www.odomcorp.com/ecom_img/original-1908-706-modelo-especial.jpg
View Quote

There is something deeply weird about a British guy drinking a light Mexican beer. I mean, go on with your bad self, but it really is deeply, deeply weird.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Budweiser is one of the best made "macro-brews" manufactured today. They use top notch ingredients in sophisticated factories and their employees are consummate pros. I get a kick out of beer snobs raving about Joe Bob's start-up brewery down the street and how it's so much better than mass produced beer.

If It's the style of beer you don't like, then I understand. But Budweiser is tier one beer. Michelob is one step better and is my preferred summertime "BBQ/cookout" drink.

The reason that the hipsters don't like it is because that's probably what their dad drank. I used to be the same way and was all about the micro-brews when they first became popular. I remember a time when asking for the rarely found Sam Adams was basically announcing to everyone that you were a beer snob. As an older and wiser beer drinker, I realize now that some of the old stable beers our parents drank are actually pretty good. I still like good craft beers, but I'm no longer blinded by price snobbery.
View Quote

Or because it's fucking disgusting
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How old do you think I am? And I known plenty of old people that have never grown up.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One day when you're all grown up you will learn to appreciate different tastes till then I hear all the cool kids drink boones farm.  

Bud and bud light actually make me physically ill after one drink so Coors for me.

Meh. I'm probably older than you.
How old do you think I am? And I known plenty of old people that have never grown up.  

I don't have any idea how old you are. I know how old I am though so, odds on a perfect stranger being older than me are a bit less than even, one that hears what cool kids drink and my odds are even better.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ, man the fuck up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gives me the squirts.

Jesus Christ, man the fuck up.

No shit! Some folks need to harden the fuck up!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#17]
A full bud non of that other shit is not bad but it really isn't good either. Leaves an aftertaste that is unpleasant.

Also it is not nearly strong enough.  

Prefer beers starting around 7.2 and up.

Spaten Optimator ftw.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]
For some reason. Bud gives me a headache
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Because you end up like this guy:

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That doesnt really change the fact that they employ thousands of Americans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get it ....it's swill made with rice for the masses and with all of the microbrews out there its not cool.....it has no flavor...its garbage....and all of the other hipster fucking comments....I don't give a shit I'm having a Bud!

Well, for one, it isn't even an American company anymore.

That doesnt really change the fact that they employ thousands of Americans.

Understood.  But for me the only allure to Bud was it used to be the classic American beer.  Now it can no longer claim that title as THE American beer (it isn't American anymore).  I never really though it was a good beer, but Bud heavy in cans was ok.  Like others have said it gives me a bad headache and explosive shits the next day if I drink too much of it.  I did like Bud select for a time, but learned it had the same affect on my system.  

Quite frankly I don't drink much anymore, only about once every 3 weeks or so and maybe only 2-3 in an evening but it isn't unusual for me to finish a six pack if I am in the mood.  I've tried a lot of the microbrews, all of the domestics, and seem to keep gravitating back to Sam Adams.  Not their Boston lager but their light beer (I think it really does have a good flavor to it, not as hoppy like their original), and some of their seasonal brews.  My favorite is Sam Adam's Octoberfest, though it seems to taste a bit different every year and this year I don't like it as much as I did in years past.  I also like a lot of their different beers like the Cherry Wheat.  The beers they make I don't like are the IPAs, which is because I don't like any IPA (too hoppy).  

Anyway, the TL;DR version is Bud isn't a great beer, and has lost its "iconic American beer status".  It now ranks no better than Coors, Miller, PBR, etc.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#21]
The only time a Bud will do,
Is in a can in my canoe.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For some reason. Bud gives me a headache
View Quote

Coors and red wine do it for me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should I drink them warm instead, like Bradders people?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

But what happens when you dad doesn't drink Budweiser anymore?  My dad is a blue-collar guy (retired letter carrier) who acquired a taste for beer while stationed in Germany in 68-69.  He always drank Budweiser when I was growing up except the rare times we went out to Cali to see my grand parents--and then he would drink some Coors (couldn't get it back east.)

Since the explosion of all the micro brews, etc, my dad has completely shunned Bud now that he is surrounded by quality choices.  His 'fridge beer' is Sam's.

I do believe there is some of the snobbery going on where sometimes guys are just trying to find the most unique bottle of beer to have at the party.  But I don't think there is a sea change going on just to drink something different than 'your father's beer'--especially when your father isn't drinking his beer anymore, either.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Figures don't lie, somebody must like the crap.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It tastes awful, that's why.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A full bud non of that other shit is not bad but it really isn't good either. Leaves an aftertaste that is unpleasant.

Also it is not nearly strong enough.  

Prefer beers starting around 7.2 and up.

Spaten Optimator ftw.

View Quote

That stuff is good too
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Bud is cool until you get older and try real beer.

Port Jefferson Porter is smokey and delicious.
Bailey's Cream Stout (uses Baileys liquor for the lactose) is amazing and goes down way too smooth.

I can't even start listing the rest of the stuff. If you need a "standby" beer Sam Adams is about as low as I go 90% of the time.

If you are drinking beer to get drunk you are doing it wrong. Especially with pissy beers like Bud (you pee more then you drink).
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
So far InBev hasn't messed with this...

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Figures don't lie, somebody must like the crap.
View Quote

people who by 4x the quantity as I do 2x as often perhaps?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/18/GooseIslandLogo.jpg
View Quote

I'm curious as to how long that is going to last.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Back in high school and college, when all people drank was either Bud Light, Coors Light, or Michelob Light, I thought beer was supposed to taste bad and you only drank it to get drunk.  It wasn't until after college I started trying some craft beers and it really opened my eyes.  You should drink beer because it tastes good, getting a buzz is only a nice benefit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Back in high school and college, when all people drank was either Bud Light, Coors Light, or Michelob Light, I thought beer was supposed to taste bad and you only drank it to get drunk.  It wasn't until after college I started trying some craft beers and it really opened my eyes.  You should drink beer because it tastes good, getting a buzz is only a nice benefit.

This exactly.  There are a lot of great tasting beers out there, sooner or later you will find one that you like, or maybe wine is more your thing.

Currently I've been drinking a lot of Fuller's London Pride & Fuller's ESB, both taste great.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only some stouts
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought a bunch of Bud and Budlight for a get together at the house. One of the guys that showed up kept complaining and kept talking about what he drank. Almost everytime he reached into the cooler he made a comment. I finally asked him "Then why the Hell are you drinking it". He just looked at me like he didn't get it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I use to drink Newcastle & Guinness when I was younger.....

Can't drink that stuff now... I always get a visit from the shit monster when I do!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/?sort=avgD&view=beers

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/?sort=avgD&view=beers

The vintage ales and BCS series will continue, the only thing InBev has really done is increase the distribution of the Urban Ales, including brewing some of the Urban Ales outside of Chicago.

It has been three and a half years, almost four.

If they do screw it up, 3 Floyds is good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I don't much care to drink Bud any more, I do believe that Inbev did the old shareholders a favor.  They weren't too well treated back in the day.

Inbev seems to have very good management.  Given a choice, I would prefer to invest in a well managed foreign owned company than a poorly managed American company.

I can even still drink Bud, if necessary.  I don't complain about free beer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's like insisting only sissy women eat prime rib eye and shitty hamburger is for men.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

While I don't much care to drink Bud any more, I do believe that Inbev did the old shareholders a favor.  They weren't too well treated back in the day.

Inbev seems to have very good management.  Given a choice, I would prefer to invest in a well managed foreign owned company than a poorly managed American company.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Er, Bud has never been cool to drink
View Quote

But, drink what you like.   If I am sweating outside on a hot summer day and someone hands me a cold Bud, I will gladly drink it.   I have only bought when it was for a relative who prefers it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#41]
bud is fine and beer should taste like beer and not pumpkin and lemon or coffee unless your into the girlish style of alcohol drinks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I routinely enjoy microbrews, but sometimes I just want something light. That's when I hit up Bud Light or Bud Diesel. I will also slum PBR on occasion, but am more of a Bud guy when it comes to cheaper beer. That's right folks, sometimes I put down my Harpoon, Long Trail, Shipyard, etc, and just want a fucking Budweiser.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I bought a bunch of Bud and Budlight for a get together at the house. One of the guys that showed up kept complaining and kept talking about what he drank. Almost everytime he reached into the cooler he made a comment. I finally asked him "Then why the Hell are you drinking it". He just looked at me like he didn't get it.
View Quote

Had the same thing going on at a party I had at my house, they kept bitching that I had miller lite in my fridge as they only drink bud light and can't stand the taste of ML.
They kept drinking the keg beer all night long tanking me for getting it in BL and I just sat there and smiled as the keg was full of miller lite.

Bud heavy is the only beer that gives me a headache and I like most all beers but keep cheap ones in my ridge as a daily drinker and the higher end beers for the weekends.
I don't care what people think about what I'm drinking
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Hipsters have switched from music to beer as a way to uniquely self identify.

They days of "hey man do you listen to SpoonTurtle?" Have turned in to "dude I only drink RedWagon Ale."

Real men don't worry about that shit, they still by Jimmies moonshine from his mommas vegetable stand in front of the Citgo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Er, Bud has never been cool to drink
View Quote

Only in movies from 70's and 80's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Foreign owned
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't drink beer that the poors drink.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
bud is fine and beer should taste like beer and not pumpkin and lemon or coffee unless your into the girlish style of alcohol drinks.
View Quote

Dumbest fucking thing ever said on this site. The last thing BUD tastes like is real beer. It's fermented rice and corn bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't think it was ever cool to drink Budweiser.  It's like the McDonald's of beer.
View Quote

Plus it was one of the most popular of the five brands that were available back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

My craft beer generally has a higher alcohol content then bud
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top