Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

I work at a community college that has a pre-med series. I asked one of the teachers about anesthesia and she answered that it's a science in which you almost kill the patient, but not quite.  There is no all-purpose anesthesia available that will incapacitate a 300 pound weightlifter as well as it does a 100-pound PCP junkie.

The time required to make the decision to shoot/not shoot is usually in the one to two second range IIRC. Tell the coworker about the Tueller drill. It's also known as the 21-foot rule:  if you don't have your hand on your unsnapped pistol, a bad guy can cross a 21-foot space and damage or even kill you without a handgun.

Mythbusters Tueller drill
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell them that the amount of dugs needed to drop someone is seconds, is also enough to likely kill someone. Real life aint the movies.

This.

I work at a community college that has a pre-med series. I asked one of the teachers about anesthesia and she answered that it's a science in which you almost kill the patient, but not quite.  There is no all-purpose anesthesia available that will incapacitate a 300 pound weightlifter as well as it does a 100-pound PCP junkie.

The time required to make the decision to shoot/not shoot is usually in the one to two second range IIRC. Tell the coworker about the Tueller drill. It's also known as the 21-foot rule:  if you don't have your hand on your unsnapped pistol, a bad guy can cross a 21-foot space and damage or even kill you without a handgun.

Mythbusters Tueller drill

There's a big difference between anesthesia and sedation.

Either way, nobody is going down in seconds from darted sedatives.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I need some low grade beaver tranquilizers.......
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top