Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2017 1:14:16 PM EDT
Since my 1985 BCA Classic Mount bike was struck by a car while I was riding to work. I have been thinking of weekend bike to ride around.
Some people suggested a Cruiser type bike. Some said a trike style. Some suggested that I get a motorized bike.

I looked at updating my BCA with an electric assist wheel. While the option is reasonable in price the batteries are not. Batteries run $400 to 700 to power the motor.

Then I found this by accident on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorized-Bicycle-Aluminum-Frame-inbuilt/dp/B01GIL6HOC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1482544210&sr=8-8&keywords=gas&tag=vglnk-c102-20 bike frame&tag=vglnk-c102-20

Found it cheaper on E-bay plus while looking for a front fork I found examples of completed ones on the same page.

You really need to look at the other one here:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=ixox5rxb2x00zk8a00004&mpre=http://www.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F282107633890%3F_trksid%3Dp2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cant wait to get my Income Tax Return.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've built a few China Girls in my time.  Right now I'm working on a trike powered by a Huasheng 50cc 4-stroke.

Check out http://motorbicycling.com/ - it's the ARFcom of motorized bicycles.  Another good one is http://motoredbikes.com/.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
A used moped scooter will be cheaper and better.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A used moped scooter will be cheaper and better.
View Quote

Use mopeds are $1500 here, and those bikes are half that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Since my 1985 BCA Classic Mount bike was struck by a car while I was riding to work. I have been thinking of weekend bike to ride around.
Some people suggested a Cruiser type bike. Some said a trike style. Some suggested that I get a motorized bike.

I looked at updating my BCA with an electric assist wheel. While the option is reasonable in price the batteries are not. Batteries run $400 to 700 to power the motor.

Then I found this by accident on Amazon.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41YT7hEGORL.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Motorized-Bicycle-Aluminum-Frame-inbuilt/dp/B01GIL6HOC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&&tag=vglnk-c102-20;qid=1482544210&sr=8-8&keywords=gas&tag=vglnk-c102-20 bike frame&tag=vglnk-c102-20

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4hQAAOSwARZXkAON/s-l1600.jpg
Found it cheaper on E-bay plus while looking for a front fork I found examples of completed ones on the same page.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab97/disneyf04/IMG_2625.jpg

You really need to look at the other one here:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&&campId=5337559805&customId=ixp0n79qs200zk8a00e15;campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=ixox5rxb2x00zk8a00004&mpre=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=ixp0md28ip00zk8a00004&mpre=http://www.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F282107633890%3F_trksid%3Dp2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cant wait to get my Income Tax Return.
View Quote

I hate you. I didn't realize these existed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Some friends and I built two, based off of Electra bikes. The one with the built in tank like you depict at the top was a bitch. The steer tube and seat tube were open ended. It took like 5 tries with JB weld to get them sealed. In the end it was worth it. They were both really fun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I want an electric mountain bike, because I like the ride, but hate the exercise!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've built a few China Girls in my time.  Right now I'm working on a trike powered by a Huasheng 50cc 4-stroke.

Check out http://motorbicycling.com/ - it's the ARFcom of motorized bicycles.  Another good one is http://motoredbikes.com/.
View Quote
I am finding interesting links and info at those two sites.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hate you. I didn't realize these existed.
View Quote
Sorry/ I didnt either before Christmas.

It turned me away from converting a bike.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some friends and I built two, based off of Electra bikes. The one with the built in tank like you depict at the top was a bitch. The steer tube and seat tube were open ended. It took like 5 tries with JB weld to get them sealed. In the end it was worth it. They were both really fun.
View Quote
I read at Amazon that the head bearing sets are awkward and the bearings are hard to find. If you buy the frame with the head set that solves most of the problems.

Also not a good ideas to buy already painted. The paint is cheap and crappy. Buy the raw frame and paint it yourself.

The guy with the pictures on Ebay sells all the frame parts. Including the rubber mount adapter to get rid of the motor vibrations.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Be sure to check out the vendors.  Besides a fairly extensive list of Chinese kit importers, you'll find a huge cottage industry of suppliers like That's Dax, Sick Bike Parts, Monark Forks, Sportsman Flyer, Spooky Tooth Cycles, etc., that manufacture custom brackets and hardware, solid rear wheel sprocket mounts, and all sorts of hop-up parts.  Sign up and start reading and asking questions.  Also, be sure to check out the specific MB laws for your state because they tend to vary wildly from state to state.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want an electric mountain bike, because I like the ride, but hate the exercise!
View Quote
After I straighten the frame on my BCA, I would not mind replacing the front wheel with an electric hub kit.

You can buy them in front or rear kit.

You can make the batteries yourself.

Go to you tube site to learn how to safely make them like a Tesla battery so the individual 18650 cells dont blow up the pack. Each cell has its own fuse. Other you tubers use solid wires. If the cell shorts out you could have a domino effect leading to a fire.
He is making a TESLA wall for his Volkswagen van
https://www.youtube.com/user/jehugarcia/about

For those who would like a TESLA Wall for their solar system. This guy followed Jehu's instructions and built a huge power wall for his solar system. He set them up in modules so he can find bad cells and replace them.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzqf9_I-p-vgOoJrmewEMsg
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Be sure to check out the vendors.  Besides a fairly extensive list of Chinese kit importers, you'll find a huge cottage industry of suppliers like That's Dax, Sick Bike Parts, Monark Forks, Sportsman Flyer, Spooky Tooth Cycles, etc., that manufacture custom brackets and hardware, solid rear wheel sprocket mounts, and all sorts of hop-up parts.  Sign up and start reading and asking questions.  Also, be sure to check out the specific MB laws for your state because they tend to vary wildly from state to state.
View Quote
Thanks.

Also most dealers are selling them with the 2.4 liter tanks. I'm looking at the 3.7 liter tank on Ebay.

Watch out for the ones with the dummy gas tanks. Some of them are the same price as the real ones.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#13]
This is my late dog. She has been gone for almost 8 years now.

Found this on Ebay. It would look great on both sides of the tank

NH-AR-Shooter knows someone that could actually paint her images on the sides of the tank I dont know what he would charge.

ETA

I was told today that the guy works at the mall doing pictures and paintings on different materials.

Also just remembered that a customer out of Mass. from years back could laser etch it on. He is at most home and business shows.Where is that business card?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is a video on the 18650 battery by Jehu

TESLA style battery cell Fuses 18650 DIY EV - eSamba
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered the frame from a dealer out of Canad.

It was $129 US for the 3.7 Liter frame in Silver on Ebay. Less my Ebucks it was $114/

It will be Jan 18- the 24th. With the last packages I got from Canada I figure by Feb 1st

They also might have the Forks in black for $50 instead of $70. I'll repaint them if I have too. to match the frame.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I decided to look more at the motorized models with the dummy tank.

1) They are only $70 with free shipping.
2) These are in fact factory defects.
3) they could have up to 7 holes that were not sealed before installing the tank on the frames.

I had seen an aftermarket insert for these tanks to seal up a leaky tank. I was scratching my head when I saw them but it didnt click until I found these refereed to the bikes having dummy tanks.
See If I can find them again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I built a 2 stroke china doll. It was a blast, until the springer forks I put on it broke and it almost killed me. But up until that moment I loved it. i never built an electric though.
PS Always wear a helmet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#18]
What's old is new again...I had a Whizzer when I was 11, it made the paper route a breeze.

Whizzer Motorbikes
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I built a 2 stroke china doll. It was a blast, until the springer forks I put on it broke and it almost killed me. But up until that moment I loved it. i never built an electric though.
PS Always wear a helmet.
View Quote
Now. There is a good ideas.

A dummy version but in electric. Use a rear wheel drive version motor

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PS Always wear a helmet.
View Quote
Helmet? I am looking into that.

My bicycle helmet wont be good enough. A helmet with a face shield woul be a must.

My snowmobile helmet is a XXX in size.

OK. I have a fat head.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's old is new again...I had a Whizzer when I was 11, it made the paper route a breeze.

Whizzer Motorbikes
View Quote
Thanks.

Very interesting parts.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Been looking at this Krator motorcycle handle bar on Amazon. I saw that a bike on Ebay had a double head mount attached to his MTB handle bare to place it more forward on the tree fork. I plan o do the same on my build since I get annoyed with my handlebars being to close to me. Sorry. Not crazy about ape bars.

• Complete Custom Application, Modification May Be Required
  • Diameter: 1"
  • Width: 24 3/4"
  • Rise: 5 1/8"
  • Pullback: 1"
  • Center Width: 6-1/2"

I found a universal fairing that fit it.

Product Dimensions  14.5 x 5.1 x 5.1 inches

I going to see if my Canondale Tesoro rack will fit on it. If so. I will get one or two for it. May have to buy a fat bike rack for it. Need the frame

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Just told without a picture of the fairing on a bike. Stick with  with my original ideas and a screw the fairing.

Chrome version

Which option would you choose?
Is the handlebar a little too weird?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
PS Always wear a helmet.
View Quote
Was it this style? Saw these on other bikes. Looking at them scares the hell out of me.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Very cool.  Keep the thread updated.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I knew a guy who rode one to work 10 miles.  Crazy fuck.