User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is GD!
I went in looking for a smaller case to hold a pistol, suppressor, mags, some ammo, etc.
It was $25. Street price is like $90, but that includes foam
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm.. I usually have a plan for what I am buying, before I buy it. How much was that case?

This is GD!
I went in looking for a smaller case to hold a pistol, suppressor, mags, some ammo, etc.

Ouch.  I got one a few months ago with a Canon D90 shaped hole in the foam for $15.  I use it to carry my...Canon D5100.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a piece of metal, pop rivet it into place and paint it black... get some foam that fits and save it until you need it, the foam can compress enough to provide protection. Having foam cut out is really cool, I don't like pick and place foam either....
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ouch.  I got one a few months ago with a Canon D90 shaped hole in the foam for $15.  I use it to carry my...Canon D5100.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm.. I usually have a plan for what I am buying, before I buy it. How much was that case?

This is GD!

You got a steal, that's not realistic, everyday prices. At least not in my AO
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]
any suggestions on particular silicone to seal it when I put a kydex sheet over it?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

any suggestions on particular silicone to seal it when I put a kydex sheet over it?
View Quote
RTV silicone from autozone should work

Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Do I need to prep the surface of the pelican in any particular way?
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Hitting it with a low grit sandpaper wouldn't hurt
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I use Pelican 1450's for remote data logging kits for work.  Due to the sheer number of requested 'added features' after they've been built, I've had to patch a lot of holes in them.  I've found the best method is to tape a piece of waxed cardboard (We have this cardboard like plastic crap that works pretty well) to the inside, then fill the unneeded holes with a good marine epoxy.  Remove cardboard when done.  

As for silicone to seal it, the liquid gasket stuff works great.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Silicone adhesive and another piece of plastic over the holes...
View Quote

I'd bolt a black-painted stainless plate over the holes.

or better yet, paint the plate black, then laser-etch something cool on it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top